MOISTUREX SOFT LOTION 100ML has the following salts in its composition
1) WHITE SOFT PARAFFIN 2) LIGHT LIQUID PARAFFIN
Uses Of MOISTUREX SOFT LOTION 100ML
White soft paraffin is a major ingredient in cosmetics, as it:
- Treats Dehydration of the skin, symptoms of pruritus, skin flaking, chapped skin, Dermatitis, Psoriasis, irritation of the skin.
- Moisturizes the skin
- Lubricates the eye and reduces dryness of the same.
used as a nutrient conditioner.
Side Effects Of MOISTUREX SOFT LOTION 100ML
White soft paraffin is usually safe. In rare cases it may cause:
- Swelling at applied sites
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of MOISTUREX SOFT LOTION 100ML
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug white soft paraffin or any other allergies.
Dermatitis means inflammation of the skin. However, it encompasses a range of ailments caused by different factors. This condition is typically characterized by dry, swollen, itchy, and red skin, and the good news is that this isn’t contagious.
The severity of dermatitis ranges from mild to severe; it may last a long time or may come as a sudden flare-up; some forms are more common in adults whereas others are more common in children. Some cases of dermatitis flare up according to seasons, exposure, or even stress.
- Dry eye syndrome is a condition, in which lacrimal glands do not produce enough moisture or tears that are required to maintain the health of eye surface.
- Skin care is mutliple activities carried on to ensure healthy looking skin devoid of any diseases and deformities.
Symptoms Treated With MOISTUREX SOFT LOTION 100ML
What Are The Symptoms Of Dermatitis
In dermatitis, the skin becomes dry, itchy, red and sometimes swollen. However, there are different types of dermatitis affecting different parts of the body and exhibit varying symptoms.
Types of dermatitis and their symptoms:
- Atopic dermatitis or eczema: Generally, children get atopic dermatitis in the first year. Skin becomes dry and has scaly patches. This may be seen on forehead, cheeks and scalp. Infants are often seen rubbing against the bedding to relieve themselves of the itching sensation. Sometimes excessive scratching can lead to skin infection.
- Contact dermatitis: We get this type of dermatitis when something touches our skin and we get a rash. It can either be an allergen which causes the rash (poison ivy, nickel, jewellery, makeup) or an irritant (diaper rash, acid, and soaps). The skin shows an allergic or irritant reaction when it comes in contact with some substances. The skin may develop burns, blisters or may just be itchy.
- Seborrheic dermatitis: This is commonly called cradle cap. Here the skin appears scaly and is greasy and reddish or yellowish in colour. This condition is seen in infants and appears on the scalp, face and genitals.
- Statis dermatitis: This is caused due to poor blood circulation in legs. This causes swelling and may further lead to skin irritation, especially around the ankles.
- Dyshidrotic eczema: This involves a group of skin problems in which the skin cannot protect itself which results in itchy, dry skin.
- Nummular dermatitis: This generally appears after the skin has had an injury like an insect bite, a burn or an abrasion. The skin develops coin or oval-shaped sores which last for weeks or months.
- Neurodermatitis: This condition begins with an itch on the skin of different parts of the body including genitals. Stress is believed to be the cause for this.
- The symptoms are sore, itchy, dry and red eyes. The eyes are often heavy and fatigued and can also lead to photophobia (light sensitivity). Watery eyes can also be a symptom as dry eyes can over-stimulate the production of lubricator.
Causes of diseases where MOISTUREX SOFT LOTION 100ML is used
What Are The Causes Of Dermatitis
Causes of dermatitis vary depending on the type of dermatitis.
- Contact dermatitis: Happens when a person comes in contact with an irritant or an allergen.
- Atopic dermatitis: This condition is caused by a combination of factors like environmental factors, dry skin, bacteria or genetic factors.
- Seborrheic dermatitis: This is due to the presence of yeast in oil glands of the skin and gets worse in spring and winter season. This may be genetic in some people.
- Statis dermatitis: Poor blood circulation in the skin, especially in the lower legs and feet causes this condition.
Some factors which are known to trigger episodes of dermatitis are:
- Environmental changes.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Irritating substances.
- Dry Eye Syndrome can happen due to lack of adequate lubrication and moisture on the eye’s surface for a long period of time. A problem with any of the three components of tear film can lead to dry eye syndrome.
Worst Foods With MOISTUREX SOFT LOTION 100ML
What Are The Worst Foods For Dermatitis
Sometimes dermatitis is caused due to food allergies and common food substances which are known to cause allergies are:
- Gluten, nuts.
- Soy products, cow's milk.
- Fish, chocolate.
- Corn, acidic foods like tomatoes, oranges, and lime.
- Nightshade vegetables like all varieties of peppers.
To take care of dry eye syndrome avoid the following:
- Alcohol consumption
- Junk food
What Are The Worst Foods For Skin care
- Reduce sugar intake.
- Fast food, junk food.
- Cow’s milk (Sometimes cow’s milk is taken from pregnant cows. It has increased levels of hormones, which in turn can cause acne).
Do's With Usage of MOISTUREX SOFT LOTION 100ML
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Dermatitis
Different people are allergic to different substances. Identify what triggers dermatitis and try to avoid contact with them. Other ways to control the condition are:
- Use a mild and fragrance-free soap for bathing.
- Have a bath with warm water, not too hot. Hot water tends to dry the skin.
- Limit your bath time.
- Adding bath oil may help in moisturizing the skin while bathing.
- Adding oatmeal to the bath helps soothe the skin.
- Apply moisturizer to the skin while still in the bathroom. This makes absorption of the moisturiser faster and seals it in.
- Wear clothes made from natural fibres like cotton.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes.
- Use moisturizer regularly.
- Opt for mild fragrance free detergents to wash clothes
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Dry Eye Syndrome
Dry Eye Syndrome can be taken care of by following:
- Use of artificial tear drops or lubricants
- Take frequent short breaks while using computer
- Blink more
- Keep eyes clean
- Use good quality sunglasses
- Eye makeup must be properly removed
- Warm compresses can be used to soften the hard meibum.
- Wash your eyes 3-4 times a day.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Skin care
- Drink lots of water.
- Whether you have acne or not, keep your face clean. Cleanse at least twice a day.
- Use natural cleansers to clean your face.
- Exercise and relax.
- Use only good quality skin care products.
- Find out the exact cause of your skin problem as skin problems can be caused due to hormonal changes, taking contraceptive pills, stress, smoking, over exposure to sun etc. Identify the root cause and make your treatment plan accordingly.
Dont's With Usage Of MOISTUREX SOFT LOTION 100ML
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Dermatitis
- Avoid scrubbing the body with loofahs.
- Avoid extremely hot or extremely cold weather.
- Avoid very humid or very dry air.
- Avoid wearing clothes made of scratchy skin which can irritate the skin.
- Avoid stress as in some people stress can trigger dermatitis.
- Avoid scratching the skin as it can further flare up. Keep nails short and try wearing gloves at night to keep yourself from scratching in sleep.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Dry Eye Syndrome
The following must be followed to take care of dry eye syndrome:
- Use of contact lens must be avoided or minimised
- Avoid getting dehydrated, so drink plenty of water (8-10 glasses per day).
- Do not spend too much time on the computer, mobile screen or TV.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Skin care
- Use make-up sparingly.
- Avoid using fragrances, pomades, or gels on your hair. If they get on your face, they can block your skin's pores and irritate your skin.
- Avoid touching your skin part which has acne, rashes. It can spread the bacteria, and also irritate the already inflamed facial skin.
- Do not sleep with make-up on.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfMOISTUREX SOFT LOTION 100ML
What Are The Tips For Dermatitis
If you are diagnosed with dermatitis, keep track of things that you come in contact with and things that you eat. If you repeatedly get a flare up after touching or eating a particular thing, you have to eliminate it from your lifestyle. Identifying such triggers and avoiding them will help in preventing flare-ups and managing the disease efficiently.
What Are The Tips For Skin care
- Exfoliate your face with scrub made for face.
- De-germ your cell phone.