MONOCOFF SYRUP has the following salts in its composition
1) Phenylephrine (5mg) 2) Chlorpheniramine (2mg) 3) Dextromethorphan
Uses Of MONOCOFF SYRUP
Phenylephrine hydrochloride is used for temporary relief from:
- Sinus, stuffy nose,
- Ear symptoms caused by flu, common cold, allergies
- Breathing problems like bronchitis, sinusitis
It works by reducing the swelling in ears and nose, thus making it easy to breathe.
Pl. do not used this medicine for children below 6 years.
Chlorpheniramine, a first generation alkyl amine, and anti histamine are used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Allergy / hay fever / common cold
- Watery eyes
- A cough, running nose, sneezing
- Itchy nose / eyes / throat / skin
Dextromethorphan, a morphine class drug, is used in the treatment of a cough (temporary relief). However, it doesn’t cure a cough caused by asthma, or smoking etc.
Side Effects Of MONOCOFF SYRUP
Some of the common side-effects include:
- Headache, dizziness
- Mild stomach upset
- Trouble in sleeping
- Fast heart beat
If any of these side-effects persist for long, please consult your doctor.
The most common side effects of Chlorpheniramine are:
- Stomach upset
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
Some severe (but rare) side effects are:
- Trouble in urination
- Ringing in ears
- Trouble breathing
- Fast/irregular heart beat
- Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
The most common side effects of Dextromethorphan are
- Slight drowsiness/dizziness
- Body rash/itching
- Constipation / diarrhoea
- Confusion / sedation
- Closed eye hallucination
Sometimes severe (but rare) side effects are
- Respiratory depression
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of MONOCOFF SYRUP
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Heart disease
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Overactive thyroid
- Enlarged prostate
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug Chlorpheniramine or any other allergies.
- Breathing problems like asthma
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Heart problems
- Stomach problems like ulcers, enlarged prostate
- Urinary retention
- Breast feeding
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Dextromethorphan or any other allergies
- Systemic mastocytosis
- Liver problems
- Asthma, Chronic bronchitis
- Pregnancy, Breast feeding
- Slowed breathing
The common cold is simply referred to as cold as well. The common cold is a contagious disease caused by viruses. It occurs in the upper part of the respiratory tract which affects mainly the nose. The body parts that may get affected by common cold are voice box, sinus, and throat. Symptoms and signs of the common cold may start to appear within two days after the exposure to the virus.The common cold is accompanied by a headache, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, coughing and sometimes fever as well. Generally, it might take a week to 10 days in the recovery. Some of the symptoms can stay even for three weeks. When the symptoms of common cold worsen, it can turn into Pneumonia.
The force of around 200 viruses is involved for causing the common cold. A virus known as rhinovirus is the most prevalent cause of common cold. Common cold vaccines are not yet available. The antidote of the common cold is also not yet made but relieve to the patients can be provided by treating the symptoms.
In humans, the common cold is one of the most reoccurring infectious diseases. Averagely, an adult may suffer from cold from a couple of times to four times in a year. Cold occurs mainly in winters.
What Is Flu
Influenza is called as Flu. Flu is an infectious respiratory disease caused by the attack of the virus. The virus is present in the air and enters our body through nose and mouth. It spreads through coughs and sneezes. It can also spread through touching of surfaces infected by the virus and then touching your nose or mouth with those contaminated hands.
Flu can affect animals also including birds, pigs, and horses.
An allergy is an autoimmune response called a hypersensitivity reaction. This means that the body's immune system is acting in a way that is detrimental or has consequences that that affects the body- The body's immune system "overreacts" to a particular trigger, and thus your immune system is called "hypersensitive."
The severity of this overreaction of the immune system differs from person to person. Some people may have a mild reaction (sometimes only referred to as a sensitivity and not an allergy), while others may have severe anaphylactic reactions that can be life-threatening.
Eczema, food allergies, allergic rhinitis, medication allergies and anaphylactic reactions can all be grouped under the term "allergy." No specific causes of allergies have been found although genetics play the biggest role in predisposing to allergies.
People who suffer from allergies have different triggers that cause an allergic reaction. The first time someone is exposed to a trigger, the body's immune system forms antibodies against the particular allergen. This is called sensitization.
When the immune system encounters the allergic trigger for the second time, the antibodies will react to the trigger and cause an allergic response. Sometimes the allergic response can worsen with every exposure, for example, seen in patients with bee-sting allergies. The first bee sting might not be severe, but the third or fourth reaction could be life-threatening. Most of the time, the allergic response stays the same in severity.
Often people who suffer from allergies had what we call an atopic triad in childhood- this triad of allergies include atopic dermatitis (eczema), food allergies and asthma.
Rhinitis is defined as an infectious disease in which the irritation and inflammation of the mucous membrane occur inside the nose. This inflammation is caused by a bacterial or viral infection or by the attack of allergens or irritants.
Rhinitis is of three different types namely:
- Infectious rhinitis: Occurring due to bacterial or viral infection
- Non-allergic rhinitis: Drug-induced or due to environmental factors
- Allergic rhinitis: Caused by irritants or allergens
Allergic rhinitis is the most common among these 3 types. It is triggered by airborne allergens.
It is also known as Hives. This causes red, itchy, raised welts and bumps on the skin that appears in various shapes and sizes. This is a very common disease in which rashes appear all over the body. These Urticaria flare up suddenly and this disease is increased by extreme heat and cold. Antihistamines are the best treatment for this disease.
A cough is referred to as tussis as well. It is a spontaneous reflex, which many animals and human have. The purpose of a cough is to clean the breathing passage and throat of the mucus, fluids, irritants, microbes, and foreign particles. In a cough, lungs expel the air rapidly.
A cough can be a deliberate or an involuntary action. A cough often gets cleared without any medicines, but sometimes people take cough syrups to soothe the irritation caused by a cough. But some of the coughs can be a symptom of serious illness.
Cough reflexes can be classified into three phases:
- An inhalation that means breathing in.
- Pressure is increased in the lungs and the throat with the closed vocal cords.
- On the opening of the vocal cords, the person may experience a sudden expulsion of air that creates the characteristic cough sound.
- When someone coughs abnormally, then it may be a symptom of a certain disease. Some of the coughs can be caused due to contagious diseases such as common cold. Some of the causes can be non- infectious as well.
Symptoms Treated With MONOCOFF SYRUP
What Are The Symptoms Of Common cold
After the exposure to the virus, the symptoms may occur in few days. Certain symptoms and signs of the common cold are as followed:
- Stuffy or a runny nose.
- Soreness in the throat is felt.
- Regular coughing.
- Congestion is experienced in the chest.
- A mild headache and slight body pain may occur.
- Continuous sneezing is experienced in some of the cases.
- A little temperature rise of the body can occur.
- Feeling of general sickness may be felt.
- The nose may discharge green or yellow, thicker mucus.
- Breaths become shorter.
- Pain in the sinus.
- Pain in the ear can be experienced.
- Eyes and eyelids may become heavy.
- Extreme fussiness may occur.
- Unusual drowsiness is experienced.
- Loss of appetite can also be of the symptoms of common cold.
- Certain complicated symptoms that may occur along the common cold:
There are fewer chances of such complications but sometimes cold gets worse and reaches to one’s ears, sinuses, or chest.
- Ear infection: The main signs of ear infection are yellow or green nasal discharge and aching ears. It commonly occurs in small children.
- Sinusitis: When a common cold stays for a longer period then the chances of sinusitis increases. Symptoms of sinusitis may include infected and inflamed sinuses.
- Asthma: Wheezing or difficulty in breathing may be provoked by a common cold.
- Chest infection: Infections like bronchitis and pneumonia can be caused by prolonged common cold.
- Strep throat: Common cold is accompanied by strep throat infection. In this condition, throat becomes sore along with coughing.
What Are The Symptoms Of Flu
Symptoms of the flu start after one or two days of infection. Following are the symptoms of the flu:
- Chills are the first symptoms of flu
- Fever is also common in flu
- A runny nose, sneezing
- Fatigue, headache
- A sore throat, shortness of breath
- Irritation of the eyes or watery eyes
- Nasal congestion, cough
- Muscle aches, earache
- Vomiting and diarrhea are mostly seen in children.
What Are The Symptoms Of Allergy
The symptoms of allergies are because of a release of a substance called histamines from the immune system.
The symptoms of allergies depend on the type of allergy:
Acute anaphylaxis may be potentially life-threatening. This may present with a red skin rash, swelling of the airways, shortness of breath, low blood pressure, cardiovascular collapse and will lead to death if not treated.
A red itchy skin rash (wheal and flare reaction) is common in food allergies, chemical allergies (e.g. latex allergy), medication allergies and allergic reactions to insect bites.
Food allergies may present with a skin rash, itchy or swollen airways or gastrointestinal upsets.
Allergic rhinitis presents with a runny nose, teary eyes, sneezing and nasal congestion. Allergic rhinitis is one of the medical conditions that have the worst impact on quality of life.
Eczema usually presents in childhood with a dry, itchy rash, usually affecting the skin over joint surfaces.
What Are The Symptoms Of Rhinitis
Common symptoms of rhinitis are:
- Sneezing, running nose
- Stuffy nose, nasal itching
- Watery eyes
- A cough, wheeze
- Swollen eyelids, headaches
What Are The Symptoms Of Urticaria
| The disease Urticaria has many certain symptoms which can be seen and observed very easily. In this disease, symptoms keep on appearing and disappearing but chronic Urticaria can have symptoms for months. Here are the most common ones: - |
- Raised itchy bumps.
- Either red or skin coloured rashes.
- Dizziness & Wheezing.
- Swelling of the face and lips.
- Urticaria on reproductive organs.
What Are The Symptoms Of Cough
Some of the symptoms that are accompanied with the cough are as follows:
- A cough is accompanied with a stuffy and a runny nose.
- One may frequently keep clearing the throat.
- Hoarseness in voice.
- Wheezing and difficulty in breathing.
- One may feel swallowing difficult or may suffer from the cough while swallowing.
- In some cases, blood is witnessed while coughing.
- Soreness in the throat is felt.
- Sometimes body temperature may also increase.
- Night sweats.
Causes of diseases where MONOCOFF SYRUP is used
What Are The Causes Of Common cold
- The common cold is the infection causes in the upper-respiratory tract. It is caused by the attack of the viruses. It is a myth that not wearing enough cloth in winters or cold weather causes the cold. Some of the ways one can catch infections are as follows:
- Exposure to the virus by touching any contaminated object like cell phone remote controls, laptops, etc. or any virus containing surface like door knobs, taps, etc.
- Close contact with an infected person.
- Using the personal belongings of a person suffering from the common cold like the towel, clothes, etc.
- A mild infection may be caused in adults by three types of viruses responsible foe cold. However, in old people, children, and individuals with a weak immune system it can cause serious lower respiratory tract problem. Also, patients with heart and lung diseases, asthmatic patients, and premature babies are at a higher risk of getting the complications like pneumonia and bronchitis.
What Are The Causes Of Flu
Flu is a highly infectious contagious disease caused by the virus. There are 3 types of viruses which causes flu.
There are 3 types of Influenza virus affecting the people. These are:
- TYPE A: This is Influenza A virus for which wild aquatic birds are the natural hosts. Type A virus is more common among humans as compared to other 2 types and causes severe disease.
This type can be divided into different serotypes. This includes H1N1, H2N2, H3N2, H5N1, H7N7, H1N2, H9N2, H7N2, H7N3, H10N7, and H7N9. This causes annual outbreaks.
- TYPE B: This is influenza B virus and affects humans less commonly then Type A. This causes outbreaks every 3 to five years and in winter season commonly.
- TYPE C: This is influenza C virus and affects humans less commonly than other 2 other types. This shows milder symptoms that too in children.
Flu can spread in three ways:
- Direct contact where infected person sneezes out directly into the eyes, nose or mouth of another person.
- An airborne route in which aerosols produced by the infected person by coughing or sneezing in the air are inhaled by another person.
- Hand to other body parts such hand to eye, hand to nose, hand to ear, hand to mouth etc. This can also spread by direct handshake also.
What Are The Causes Of Allergy
Genetics is the biggest link to allergies.
There has recently been much discussion about the increasing prevalence of allergies seen in the developed world. This increase is thought to be attributed to a decreased exposure to allergens and toxins in childhood, because of "over-hygienic" parenting. This is referred to in the media is the "hygiene hypothesis."
Children who are exposed to more bacteria and allergens in childhood have shown to have lower incidences of allergies.
Triggers for allergies are numerous. The common triggers are:
- House dust mites and dust
- Pollen and grass
- Animal dander
- Nuts- especially peanuts
- Milk and soy
- Shellfish and iodine-containing foods
- Medications such as penicillin, sulphonamide
- Chemicals such as latex
- Insect toxins such as bee-stings
What Are The Causes Of Rhinitis
Rhinitis is caused by viral or bacterial infection or by airborne allergens. Causes of rhinitis are mentioned below according to their types:
- Infectious rhinitis: This type of rhinitis is commonly caused by viral or bacterial infection. Common cold also causes infectious rhinitis.
- Non-allergic rhinitis: This type of rhinitis is not caused by infection or allergy but it can be due to certain medications, hormonal changes, occupation or environmental changes.
- Allergic rhinitis: This type of rhinitis is caused by exposure to airborne allergens such as pollens, mold, dust, animal dander etc.
What Are The Causes Of Urticaria
Urticaria occurs when the body reacts to an allergen and this releases some chemicals from under the skin. The chemical causes inflammation and burning sensation.
Common causes of this disease are: -
- Intestinal Parasites
- Extreme temperature and cold
- Transmission from pets
- Water on the skin
- Blood Transfusion
- Insect bites and stings
- Factors like exercise and sun exposure
- Certain medications
What Are The Causes Of Cough
- Asthma: People with asthma attack can frequently lead to cough-related problems. Some are inflicted with such complications due to various respiratory infections.
- Upper Airway Cough Syndrome (UACS): After one’s nose generates excessive mucus, it goes down to the throat, causing cough.
- Bronchitis: Bronchitis is an issue that causes inflammation in the bronchial tubes. This issue further triggers a cough due to the production of coloured sputum.
- Pollution, smoking
- Flu, certain allergies
Worst Foods With MONOCOFF SYRUP
What Are The Worst Foods For Common cold
Some of the foods to cut down to curb common cold and its symptoms are as follows:
- Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages: Immunity of one’s body gets weakened by alcohol, also body experiences dehydration. Such conditions make one even more vulnerable to common cold. So, one should not consume alcohol, especially in a hefty amount to prevent the common cold. Some of the beverages to avoid are beer, wine, tequila, vodka, and whiskey.
- Dairy Products: The Dairy product should be cut down during the common cold, as consuming dairy items may worsen the mucus formation. Excessive mucus causes the common cold to irritate even more. Some of the dairy products that one should avoid completely are milkshakes, cold coffee, milk ice creams, butter, cheese, yoghurt, cream, pudding, and other milk desserts.
- Packed Juices: When one is suffering from the common cold he/she must stay away from packed fruit juices as they consist of high amount of added sugar. Sugar decreases the efficiency of WBC to fight against infections. The Vitamin C benefits from the packed juice are cancelled by excessive sugar present in them.
What Are The Worst Foods For Flu
- Sugary foods: Foods rich in sugar should be avoided as these increase the congestion and make the environment conducive for the virus to grow. Sugary foods prevent the body from fighting the infection.
- Fatty, fries and fast foods: These foods are rich in carbohydrates, salt, and spices which prolong the disease by irritating the throat.
- Dairy products: Milk and its products should be avoided as it can increase the mucus in lungs and sinuses. These can worsen the symptoms by creating the favorable conditions for the virus to live and stay longer.
- Alcohol: Consumption of alcohol increases the inflammation and delays the recovery process. Alcohol also causes dehydration of the body.
What Are The Worst Foods For Allergy
- If you are allergic to any food substance, avoidance of that particular food is prudent.
- Spicy foods induce a histaminic response. It may worsen your allergy in some cases. Use with discretion.
- Raw fruits and vegetables may sometimes aggravate allergies because of pesticides and pollen. Cooking your vegetables can lower the allergic response related to this.
What Are The Worst Foods For Rhinitis
- Gluten: Foods such as wheat, oats, and barley contains gluten which should be avoided. Gluten increases the mucus production leading to nasal blockage.
- Fried and processed foods: Fried and processed foods are rich in omega 6 fatty acids which increase inflammation. Whole grains, vegetable oils, nuts should be avoided to minimise the risk.
- Cold drinks and cold food: This type of food increases the spasm leading to a cough. These worsen the symptoms of rhinitis, hence should be avoided.
- Nuts, seeds and herbs: These contain ragweed, a type of pollen which triggers the rhinitis.
- Food preservatives: Preservatives are also responsible for exacerbating the allergic rhinitis. Artificial colours and flavours present in foods trigger the symptoms of rhinitis.
- Sugar: Eliminate sugar. It increases mucus production and worsens the symptoms.
- Dairy products: Dairy products contain lactose which tends to increase inflammation and mucus formation. Such products should be avoided to manage rhinitis.
- Alcohol: Alcohol consumption should be limited as it causes dehydration and increases congestion by stimulating the production of mucus.
What Are The Worst Foods For Urticaria
Some of the foods act as an enhancer of the disease. Observe if any of the following foods flare up the symptoms. If yes, avoid them completely. Some of them are: -
- Dried Food: The dried food contains chemicals that can react so individual should eliminate this type of food completely from his/her diet. The dried food includes raisins, apricots, and dried apples.
- Citrus foods: Avoid all the sour products as it surely will make you suffer more. Citrus food stimulates the histamine quantity in the body. This food includes oranges, lemon, pickles, and tomatoes as well.
- Dairy Products: When any individual is suffering from skin rashes then, he/she should completely avoid all the dairy products. This includes milk, cheese, cream, and butter.
- Seafood and Eggs: These both are high in histamines and this will surely enhance your skin itching issue. Thus, try to avoid them for some days.
What Are The Worst Foods For Cough
Some of the foods that one must avoid while suffering from a cough are as follows:
- Milk and Dairy products: Sticky thick mucus may flow down to the throats back from cold or an allergy is called phlegm. If phlegm is the cause of a cough, then one must avoid foods that may cause the formation of mucus. Milk and other dairy products increase the mucus formation particularly when the infection already persists. Therefore, one must stay away from dairy products when suffering from a cough. Some of the dairy products that one should avoid are milk and milkshakes, sour cream, whipped cream, yoghurt, ice creams, etc.
- Caffeine: Coffee is a common diuretic that leads to excessive urination and later complications of dehydration. This further leads to a dry cough. So, avoid consumption of caffeinated drinks.
- Citrus Fruits: Avoid consuming citrus fruits such as watermelon, bananas, peaches, and mangoes. Such food items contain citric acid that irritates the throat leading to a cough.
- Fried foods: One must not consume fried foods such as French fries, chips, etc. as these secrete an irritant known as acrolein that is known to increase cough reflex.
- Processed chips: Processed foods such as fried noodles, cheese, cereals, etc. can suppress the immunity of a person So, there are more chances of infections if one consumes too much of such food items.
- Allergen foods: Some people who have complications like asthma can further be affected with allergic disorders such as a cough on consumption of irritant foods like yeast, nuts, fish, milk, etc.
Do's With Usage of MONOCOFF SYRUP
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Common cold
The tips that one should follow while suffering from common cold are as follows:
- Keep one’s hands clean: Keep the hands clean by sanitizing them or washing them, as it helps to avoid the transferring of cold causing viruses. Especially, clean one’s hands after visiting public places like movie hall, shopping complex, gym, airport, and railway station. As these places contain a lot of germs.
- Usage of disposables is recommended and encouraged if anyone from the family is suffering from common cold. By doing this one can prevent infection from spreading. After the usage disposables should be put into trash cans. One must particularly use disposable crockery like cups, plates, spoons and glasses, paper tissues.
- Maintain the hygiene of one’s dwelling place: One should keep the house area germ free by cleaning it thoroughly with disinfectants. One must take care of cleaning the most touched things in the house like remote control, laptop, cell phone, etc. It helps to avoid viral infection, which includes common cold.
- In the case of children suffering from common cold, clean his/her toys and utility items properly.
- Keep the towels and clothes separate for the person suffering from common cold.
- Maintaining a healthy and good lifestyle is important. One must exercise, take healthy meals, and sleep properly to boost up the immune system. Body’s immunity helps to fight the common cold and other infection.
- Keep the stress in control: Stress is one of the major factors that weaken one’s immunity; hence one should try to relax. Good immunity means increases in the efficiency to fight with germs that cause the common cold.
- Make swimming a habit: People are prone to common cold should try swimming and make it a habit. Doing so can improvise the flow of blood in the nasal tract.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Flu
- Adopt good hygiene habits: Frequent washing of hands, not touching your eyes, nose or your mouth with hands are some of the good habits which one should adopt to minimize the risk of infection.
- Covering your mouth and nose while sneezing or coughing will prevent the infection from spreading into the air.
- Use of face masks will help in preventing the transmission of infections.
- Maintain distance from the infected person as flu is contagious.
- Staying hydrated is recommended for sick patients.
- Plenty of rest should be taken by sick patients
- Get vaccination for influenza to increase the immunity.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Allergy
- Screen yourself for your particular allergen triggers through skin prick or blood tests.
- Trigger avoidance is the biggest component of allergy treatment.
- If you suffer from severe allergic reactions, always carry your adrenaline pen with you.
- It would be wise to keep your chronic medications on you, in the case of an acute allergic episode.
- Wear a medical alert bracelet if you have any life-threatening allergies.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Rhinitis
- Stay away from the cause if it is known.
- Keep your mouth and nose covered while going out.’
- Keep yourself and your living area clean to reduce the attacks of allergens.
- Regularly clean your nasal passage with a saltwater solution. This will help you keep your nose free of irritants and minimise the symptoms.
- Inhale steam to clear the excess mucus and irritants.
- Drink plenty of water to remove the toxins from the body.
- Keep your pets neat and clean to avoid exposure to animal dander.
- Limit outdoor activities during dusk and dawn.
- Take your medications regularly as prescribed to manage the symptoms.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Urticaria
Here are the some of the most recommended tips that one should follow if he/she is suffering from the disease urticaria.
- Visit a doctor as soon as you observe symptoms.
- Identify and avoid all the triggering factors.
- Apply moisturiser and smoothening agents like petroleum jelly.
- Use mild soap for bathing.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Cough
- Use warm water to gargle. Hot-water gargling helps in reducing inflammation. One can also add a little salt to the water for extra effect.
- Increase the consumption of fluid-based foods so that the mucus is thinned and removed through a cough as much as possible.
- Stay away from people with flu or cold.
Dont's With Usage Of MONOCOFF SYRUP
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Common cold
One must avoid a few things when attached by the common cold. Some such things are as follows:
- Do not touch one’s face, particularly the eye, mouth, and nose area, when exposed to the people suffering from common cold.
- Do not smoke: Smoking a cigar or a cigarette may disturb the air passage and increase the chances of the common cold, and certain other infections. Passive smokers are also at a risk of catching a common cold. Hence, smoking should be completely avoided.
- Avoid going to the work place: Since common cold is a contagious disease, one should avoid visiting public places. Also, some rest is advised during common cold accompanied by fever.
- Do not travel by air: When suffering from common cold, one should not take flights. Increase in pressure while flying can make the ear drum rupture if one is congested. Also, dry air of the plane may irritate the inflamed nasal track and enhances the chance of bleeding nose.
- Do not drive when feeling drowsy: Lack of sleep caused due to blocked nose and inability to breathe properly can make one feel drowsy all the time. Also, certain medicines prescribed in common cold have sedatives in them, which may cause drowsiness. Driving in such state may be proved hazardous, hence avoid driving in such illness.
- Avoid sexual activities: Although indulging in sexual activities is said to be an immunity booster, but it may cause the transmission of common cold causes viruses. Especially, kissing a healthy partner by the infected partner may result in the transferring of the germs. Hence, one should restrict from sexual activities.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Flu
Don’t do following things if you are suffering from flu -
- Don’t spit in public places as this can spread the infection
- Don’t share anything with the infected person as you may also get infected.
- Don’t consume alcohol as it can cause dehydration.
- Don’t go outside during peak days of flu as the risk of spreading of infection is high.
- Don’t take bath with cold water to reduce the fever as it can worsen the condition.
- Don’t go for self-medication. Consult your doctor first.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Allergy
- Don't leave allergies untreated as they have a significant impact on quality of life.
- Don't smoke. Smoking increases inflammation in the body and can worsen allergic reactions; this is especially true if you suffer from airway allergies such as allergic rhinitis or asthma.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Rhinitis
- Don’t over medicate to get fast relief as it may cause serious side effects.
- Don’t dry your clothes outside as it may attract pollens.
- Don’t touch your pet as this will increase the risk for allergy.
- Don’t ignore the symptoms and rush to the doctor if symptoms get worse.
- Avoid tobacco and smoking.
- Avoid alcohol consumption as it causes nasal blockage.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Urticaria
Experts have given some tips regarding the management of the healthy skin and thus they recommend avoiding some things. So, here are some best tips: -
- Don’t use any cream or lotion without prescription.
- Don’t wear tight clothes.
- Don’t use and rely on hotel linens and soaps.
- Don’t experiment new products.
- Don’t eat spicy cuisines.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Cough
Some of the things that should be avoided while suffering from a cough are as follows:
- Do not expose oneself to the smoky and dusty area if suffering from a cough, as such conditions can worsen a cough.
- Do not work in industries that produce toxic fumes.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfMONOCOFF SYRUP
- Take some steam: Blocked nose can be opened up by taking steam. There are a lot of steamers available in market these days, which makes easy to breathe in the steam. If a steamer is not available, then one can take steam from boiling water’s pot. Always remember to breathe through the nose while taking steam. Also, be careful as the steam can burn the nose badly. One can add a few prescribed medicines to the boiling water for better results.
- Blow the mucus out: During a typical cold, excessive mucus is formed. Hence, it is important to blow it out instead of sniffing it back to the nasal passage. But be careful as blowing the nose too hard can make the germs enter to the ear passage that may lead to ear infections and ear ache. The right way of blowing nose is to press one finger on one of the nostrils and gently blow the other one.
- Use Salt-Water or Saline Spray to rinse: These may help to ease the congestion by breaking it up.
What Are The Tips For Flu
The best way to treat flu is to take plenty of fluids and lot of rest. One can try some home remedies also to prevent or manage flu.
- Home remedies are very cost effective and safe. Below are some home remedies to treat flu:
- Ginger: Ginger is the best remedy for flu. Boil some ginger in water or drink ginger tea. This will soothe your throat and helps relieve the congestion.
- Honey: The antimicrobial and antibacterial action of honey helps to fight the infection and relieve a cough.
- Garlic: The presence of allicin in garlic acts as an antimicrobial agent which helps to fight the symptoms of flu.
- Steam: Taking steam is the good option to cure flu. This helps to relieve the congestion. Taking steam for about 15 minutes will help in soothing the throat and sinuses.
- Lemon: It has wide varieties of properties such anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral which works to fight the virus and flu symptoms. Lemon tea, honey and lemon tea, lemon juice can be consumed during flu.
- Exercise and yoga: Doing exercise and practicing yoga when you are not infected with flu will boost your immunity and will prevent the further attack of the virus.
What Are The Tips For Allergy
Probiotics are useful in food sensitivities to restore intestinal flora balance. An elimination diet may lower inflammation in the body and help reduce allergies.
What Are The Tips For Rhinitis
Rhinitis can be managed by making some changes in your eating habits and lifestyle. Some home remedies are also beneficial in managing rhinitis and its symptoms. These are:
Ginger: This is a natural antihistamine, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiviral in nature. This helps in boosting the immune system and fighting signs of rhinitis. It can be chewed directly or can be taken with honey or boiled in the tea.
Saline water: Saline water helps to clear the nasal passage. Saline water can be prepared by mixing salt and baking soda in warm water.
Steam: Inhaling steam also reduces the symptoms of rhinitis. The essential oil should be mixed with boiling water and then inhaled to cure the symptoms.
Garlic: Garlic has the anti-inflammatory action which helps in reducing the inflammation during rhinitis. Eating 2-3 raw garlic cloves can protect from risk of rhinitis.
Apple cider vinegar: This is a natural remedy to boost the immune system and to reduce the worsening symptoms of rhinitis. It has antibacterial properties. It can be consumed with warm water or along with honey or lemon.
Turmeric: One of the oldest home remedies which have been used for centuries is the use of turmeric. It helps in reducing the inflammation and the risk of rhinitis through its anti-inflammatory action. It is powerful antioxidant also. It can be consumed with milk or honey.
What Are The Tips For Urticaria
- Here are some other tips which can also be beneficial for the patient: -
- Manage the emotions if you are suffering from stress urticaria.
- Take medicines on time and have a regular check-up.
What Are The Tips For Cough
- Always cover your mouth and nose whenever you trigger sneeze or a cough.
- Always stay hydrated and consume plenty of fluids.
- Make sure to keep your environment clean, especially items of daily use such as cell phones, toys, countertops.