MOSICK 10MG10MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Doxylamine (10mg) 2) Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
Uses Of MOSICK 10MG10MG TABLET
Doxylamine, an anti histamine, is administered when symptoms of hay fever, common cold, allergy are observed. It is also prescribed for watery eyes, sneezing and running nose etc.
It is also used for the short term of insomnia.
Pyridoxamine Dihydrochloride (Vitamin B6) is important to:
- Maintain and build immune system of body
- Have positive effects on metabolism
- Hormonal control, kidney health, anaemia, arthritis,
- Maintain positive emotional health
- Manage pre-mensural syndrome
- Maintain skin health
It is also used to treat Vitamin B6 deficiency in following conditions:
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Cardiac disease
- Kidney disease
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Emotional and mental disorders
- Skin disorders
Side Effects Of MOSICK 10MG10MG TABLET
The most often side effects observed in the administration of Doxylamine are:
- Sleepiness, drowsiness, dizziness, constipation, blurred vision, headache, decreased coordination, stomach upset or dry mouth.
Sometimes severe side effects such as mood changes like hallucinations, urination troubles, irregular heart beat etc. are observed.
Consult physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Generally no severe side effects are observed when Pyridoxamine Dihydrochloride is taken in appropriate amount.
Consult your doctor if any of the following severe side effects occurs:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
Contraindications Of MOSICK 10MG10MG TABLET
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Allergy towards drug Doxylamine
- Breathing problem
- High blood pressure
- Hepatic diseases
- Stomach problems, hypothyroidism.
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnancy or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding.
An allergy is an autoimmune response called a hypersensitivity reaction. This means that the body's immune system is acting in a way that is detrimental or has consequences that that affects the body- The body's immune system "overreacts" to a particular trigger, and thus your immune system is called "hypersensitive."
The severity of this overreaction of the immune system differs from person to person. Some people may have a mild reaction (sometimes only referred to as a sensitivity and not an allergy), while others may have severe anaphylactic reactions that can be life-threatening.
Eczema, food allergies, allergic rhinitis, medication allergies and anaphylactic reactions can all be grouped under the term "allergy." No specific causes of allergies have been found although genetics play the biggest role in predisposing to allergies.
People who suffer from allergies have different triggers that cause an allergic reaction. The first time someone is exposed to a trigger, the body's immune system forms antibodies against the particular allergen. This is called sensitization.
When the immune system encounters the allergic trigger for the second time, the antibodies will react to the trigger and cause an allergic response. Sometimes the allergic response can worsen with every exposure, for example, seen in patients with bee-sting allergies. The first bee sting might not be severe, but the third or fourth reaction could be life-threatening. Most of the time, the allergic response stays the same in severity.
Often people who suffer from allergies had what we call an atopic triad in childhood- this triad of allergies include atopic dermatitis (eczema), food allergies and asthma.
Insomnia is a common disorder of sleep in which a person fails to fall asleep and also, to stay asleep even after trying. Due to lack of sleep a person might feel exhausted and irritated all the time. Insomnia can be classified into two types:
- Primary insomnia: A sleep disorder that has nothing to do with other health conditions.
- Secondary insomnia: A sleep disorder that occurs due to some other health problems like depression, cancer, asthma, heartburn and arthritis.
Symptoms Treated With MOSICK 10MG10MG TABLET
What Are The Symptoms Of Allergy
The symptoms of allergies are because of a release of a substance called histamines from the immune system.
The symptoms of allergies depend on the type of allergy:
Acute anaphylaxis may be potentially life-threatening. This may present with a red skin rash, swelling of the airways, shortness of breath, low blood pressure, cardiovascular collapse and will lead to death if not treated.
A red itchy skin rash (wheal and flare reaction) is common in food allergies, chemical allergies (e.g. latex allergy), medication allergies and allergic reactions to insect bites.
Food allergies may present with a skin rash, itchy or swollen airways or gastrointestinal upsets.
Allergic rhinitis presents with a runny nose, teary eyes, sneezing and nasal congestion. Allergic rhinitis is one of the medical conditions that have the worst impact on quality of life.
Eczema usually presents in childhood with a dry, itchy rash, usually affecting the skin over joint surfaces.
What Are The Symptoms Of Insomnia
There are various symptoms of insomnia, such as:
- Disturbed sleep.
- Not able to fall asleep even in the most comfortable environment.
- Exhaustion even after getting a sleep.
- Losing focus and staying absent minded.
- Waking up in mid-sleep.
- Short sleep span.
- Feeling anxious about one's sleep.
- Making errors while performing daily tasks.
- Persistent feeling of irritation and depression.
Causes of diseases where MOSICK 10MG10MG TABLET is used
What Are The Causes Of Allergy
Genetics is the biggest link to allergies.
There has recently been much discussion about the increasing prevalence of allergies seen in the developed world. This increase is thought to be attributed to a decreased exposure to allergens and toxins in childhood, because of "over-hygienic" parenting. This is referred to in the media is the "hygiene hypothesis."
Children who are exposed to more bacteria and allergens in childhood have shown to have lower incidences of allergies.
Triggers for allergies are numerous. The common triggers are:
- House dust mites and dust
- Pollen and grass
- Animal dander
- Nuts- especially peanuts
- Milk and soy
- Shellfish and iodine-containing foods
- Medications such as penicillin, sulphonamide
- Chemicals such as latex
- Insect toxins such as bee-stings
What Are The Causes Of Insomnia
The most common causes of insomnia are:
- Psychiatric conditions: Depression, anxiety, stress.
- Lifestyle issues, working till late, sedentary lifestyle, taking naps in afternoon.
- Food Habits: Drinking too much of coffee, alcohol, nicotine, heavy food.
- Certain chemical interactions in mind.
- Certain medical conditions like pains, asthma, arthritis, Parkinson's disease.
- Watching television or using a cell phone before sleeping.
Best Foods With MOSICK 10MG10MG TABLET
What Are The Best Foods For Allergy
- Green teas contain natural antihistamines, so are good to use in allergies.
- Foods high in vitamin C have shown to reduce the frequency of allergies. These include watermelon, apples, oranges, grapes, and strawberries.
- Food that contains Omega 3 such as salmon, mackerel, almonds, walnuts, avocados, and flaxseeds.
- Vary your diet.
What Are The Best Foods For Insomnia
Tryptophan, calcium, magnesium and vitamin B6 are four key vitamins and mineral that help in inducing good sleep. Some of the foods best for fighting insomnia are:
- Poultry items like turkey, chicken
- Dairy products like milk, yoghurt, cheese
- Seafood like salmon, shrimp, halibut, sardines, tuna, cod)
- Legumes like kidney beans, black beans, lima beans, split peas, chickpeas
- Nuts and seeds like flax, sunflower, sesame, pumpkin, cashews, peanuts, walnuts, almonds
- Vegetables like spinach, turnip greens, broccoli, asparagus, seaweed, onions
- Fruits like apple, banana, peach, avocado
- Grains like wheat, corn, rice, barley, oats
- Dark green leafy vegetables
- Soya beans
- Folate-rich foods: Insomnia is caused by folate deficiency and kiwi has rich folate content. Therefore, kiwi is good for Insomnia.
- Calcium-, Magnesium- and Potassium-rich foods: Almonds and bananas consist of magnesium and potassium which help in muscle relaxation resulting in sound sleep. Almond also has calcium that helps the brain to form sleep-inducing melatonin by altering the amino acid tryptophan.
- Tryptophan-rich foods: Walnut is a rich source of tryptophan, which helps in creating sleep-inducing hormones melatonin and serotonin.
- Lettuce: Lettuce helps in sleeping as it consists of lactucarium that functions as a sedative.
- Tuna: Tuna is rich in vitamin B6 that helps in creating melatonin and serotonin.
Worst Foods With MOSICK 10MG10MG TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Allergy
- If you are allergic to any food substance, avoidance of that particular food is prudent.
- Spicy foods induce a histaminic response. It may worsen your allergy in some cases. Use with discretion.
- Raw fruits and vegetables may sometimes aggravate allergies because of pesticides and pollen. Cooking your vegetables can lower the allergic response related to this.
What Are The Worst Foods For Insomnia
- Alcohol, caffeine
- Spicy foods, especially in dinner
- Foods in high fat, especially just before sleeping
- High protein foods in dinner (proteins or high-fat foods are difficult to digest, hence disturb the sleep.
- Steak: Steak being hard to digest makes the body work more leading to fewer chances of a sound sleep. So, avoiding steak and other hard-to-digest meat options during the night is prudent.
Do's With Usage of MOSICK 10MG10MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Allergy
- Screen yourself for your particular allergen triggers through skin prick or blood tests.
- Trigger avoidance is the biggest component of allergy treatment.
- If you suffer from severe allergic reactions, always carry your adrenaline pen with you.
- It would be wise to keep your chronic medications on you, in the case of an acute allergic episode.
- Wear a medical alert bracelet if you have any life-threatening allergies.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Insomnia
- Wake up early.
- Exercise, as it makes your body tired enough to induce sleep.
- Eat your dinner at least two hours before sleeping.
- Consider Ayurvedic treatment.
- Do yoga for at least 30 mins a day.
- Sleep at the same time every day, as different schedule on weekend, can also lead to insomnia.
- If one is on certain medication then he /she must consult with a doctor and see if the medication is causing Insomnia.
- Completely, cut down the consumption of alcohol, nicotine and caffeine.
- Make your room conditions comfortable like switch off the lights before you go to the bed, Set the comfortable room temperature, turn off the Television, radio or any music system and also, switch off the cell phones. Try to keep your room as clean as possible.
- Try to relax your mind and body before sleeping by taking a hot water bath, listening to soft music, meditation or light yoga.
Dont's With Usage Of MOSICK 10MG10MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Allergy
- Don't leave allergies untreated as they have a significant impact on quality of life.
- Don't smoke. Smoking increases inflammation in the body and can worsen allergic reactions; this is especially true if you suffer from airway allergies such as allergic rhinitis or asthma.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Insomnia
- Avoid short naps.
- Avoid drinking too much of alcohol, caffeine.
- Avoid checking emails, messages if you suddenly wake up in the night.
- Avoid over use of electronic devices, especially just before going to bed.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfMOSICK 10MG10MG TABLET
What Are The Tips For Allergy
Probiotics are useful in food sensitivities to restore intestinal flora balance. An elimination diet may lower inflammation in the body and help reduce allergies.
What Are The Tips For Insomnia
- Drink warm milk before sleeping.
- Drink almond milk before sleeping.
- Avoid heavy meals in dinner.