MYONE DEPOT PFS 150ML has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of MYONE DEPOT PFS 150ML
Medroxyprogesterone is a female hormone. It is used to treat abnormal bleeding from uterus among women who are neither pregnant nor going through Menopause. It is also used in hormone replacement therapy to reduce Menopause symptoms.
Side Effects Of MYONE DEPOT PFS 150ML
Breast tenderness, change in vaginal discharge, weight alteration, blurred vision, dizziness, drowsiness, mood swings, nausea, bloating and headache are the common side effects. Rare, but severe side effects are mood changes, swollen limbs, burning and painful urination with high frequency, vaginal bleeding, breast lumps and dark patches on the skin.
Contraindications Of MYONE DEPOT PFS 150ML
Inform your doctor before taking this medicine if you have a medical history of blood clots, bleeding in the brain, liver disease, breast /female genital cancer, vaginal bleeding, heart problems in recent past, depression, diabetes, migraine headaches, asthma, high blood pressure or high cholesterol levels.
- Abnormal uterine bleeding is the irregular bleeding from longer or heavier uterus than usual. After being tested through a number of different tests, various treatments recommended by the doctor could be giving hormones like progesterone and estrogen. Hysteroscopy could be done to remove polyps or fibroids.
- Surgery like endometrial ablation or hysterectomy is done when other treatments fail to work.
It is a time in the life of a woman when menstrual periods do not occur for 12 months. This happens when the ovaries in the female body stop working. Menopause is a gradual process, and it does not happen overnight. This transition period is called Perimenopause. In this, the oestrogen level in a woman starts to drop. Every woman experiences it differently. For menopause, the average age of a woman is 51 years. In some females, the age can vary from the early 30s to late 60s. It cannot be determined when a woman is going to experience menopause as there is no lab test which is 100% reliable. Starting age of menstrual cycle is not anyway related to the menopause age. Menopause indicates the end of fertility in the females.
Symptoms Treated With MYONE DEPOT PFS 150ML
- Irregular, heavy and more frequent mensuration.
What Are The Symptoms Of Menopause
The symptoms faced by a woman during menopause are as follows:
- Irregularity in periods: Irregularity in periods is one of the most usual and foremost symptoms of the menopause. In this, some females experience the delay in periods for months and in others, periods may come after every 2-3 weeks.
- Vaginal dryness: Vaginal dryness often occurs while perimenopause. It is generally followed by discomfort and itching. In some females, pain is felt during sex, this condition is called Dyspareunia. Also, some women face inflammation in the vagina which is termed as Vaginal Atrophy. Inflammation occurs due the shrinking and thinning of vaginal tissues and decreased vaginal lubrication due to a drop-in oestrogen level.
- A decrease in fertility: Oestrogen level in the female body drops drastically during the perimenopause which lowers the chance of pregnancy in the females.
- Hot flashes: The upper body may experience sudden heat that spreads downwards or upwards. The skin becomes patchy and red and the female starts sweating. The heart rate may increase suddenly or become irregular than normal palpitations. Hot flashes generally occur in the first year of menopause.
- Night sweats: Sometimes female sweats in bed while sleeping and it lasts for just a few minutes.
- Insomnia: Women suffer from insomnia while going through menopause. It gets difficult for them to stay asleep and fall asleep.
- Urinary issues: Women going through menopause suffer from frequent urination and urinary tract infections like cystitis.
- Mood swings: Mood swing is caused while a woman is going through a menopause.
- Other few symptoms related to menopause are:
- Hair thinning or hair loss.
- Reduction in breast size.
- An Increase in the fat deposit on the abdomen.
Causes of diseases where MYONE DEPOT PFS 150ML is used
- Changes in hormone level, growths in the uterus (fibroids), polycystic ovaries or clotting problems can cause AUB.
What Are The Causes Of Menopause
Causes of menopause can be as follows:
- Declination of reproductive hormones: Less progesterone and oestrogen hormones are formed by ovaries as a female reaches her late 30s. These are the hormones that control the menstruation - hence, results in decreased fertility.The menstrual cycle becomes shorter or longer, lighter or heavier, less or more frequent when a woman enters her 40s.
- Hysterectomy: It is a surgery in which both the ovaries and uterus are removed and menopause is caused immediately. A woman who has gone through this surgery is most likely to have symptoms like hot flashes and other menopause symptoms which occurs suddenly and not over the period of time.
- Chemotherapy and radiation therapy. These are the therapies given to cancer patients. These therapies can cause menopause, inducing symptoms like hot flashes. ceasing of the menstrual cycle is not permanent always. A patient who has gone through these therapies may face menopause just after the therapy.
- Primary ovarian insufficiency. Sometimes ovaries might fail in producing the normal level of reproductive hormones then it is referred to as ovarian insufficiency.
Best Foods With MYONE DEPOT PFS 150ML
- Progesterone is not available in any food but certain foods help body in producing levels of more Progesterone.
- Foods rich in magnesium like Dark Leafy Greens (Raw Spinach), Fish (Mackerel), Nuts and Seeds (Squash and Pumpkin Seeds), Whole Grains (Brown Rice).
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like Sunflower Seeds, Pistachio Nuts, Fish (Tuna), Turkey
- Vitamin C rich foods like guavas, dark leafy vegetables, kiwifruit, citrus fruits, and papaya increase the amount of uterus lining and can help in getting periods.
- Increase intake of whole grains, iron rich foods and fresh ripe fruits in case of abnormal uterine bleeding.
What Are The Best Foods For Menopause
Few foods to include in one's diet to make the menopause phase bearable:
- Soy: Soy helps in fighting one of the menopause symptoms that is hot flashes, as it is a plant Oestrogens. For better results, one can consume up to 2 cups of soy milk or can consume one cup of Edamame.
- Vitamin and calcium rich foods: During 5-10 years after the menopause woman tends to lose 10% or more percent of the bone density. This percentage can be reduced by including calcium and Vitamin D in one’s daily diet.
- Dietary fibres: During menopause body's metabolism system tends to get slower and digestive system gets weakened. To increase the metabolism rate, women need to include high fibre foods in their diet. Foods that are rich in fibre are cereals, vegetables, whole-grain bread, brown rice, pasta and vegetables.
- Essential fatty acids: A study on woman post their menopause suggested that supplementation of fish oil (a primary source of fatty acids) decreases the risk of heart disease in almost 27% women. Plus, EFAs help in reduction of depression in women in their menopause phase.
- Black cohosh: Traditional supplements can manage menopause symptoms effectively. One of the traditional herbs which are very effective in managing the symptoms of menopause is black cohosh. This traditional supplement can reduce the palpitations and night sweat considerably.
Worst Foods With MYONE DEPOT PFS 150ML
- Avoid cheese and saturated meat products
- Right balance of estrogen and progesterone in woman’s body is extremely important. If you have estrogen dominance and progesterone deficiency, you should avoid foods that increase estrogen levels. Foods to avoid in such condition are: Soy, sugar, dried fruits especially dried apricots, dates, and prunes, flax seeds, sesame seeds etc.
What Are The Worst Foods For Menopause
Few foods to avoid completely during the menopause phase are as follows:
- Alcohol: Consuming alcohol regularly and in heavy amount can worsen the symptoms of menopause such as mood swings.
- Caffeine: Caffeine containing beverages can affect negatively on sex hormones and can aggravate menopause symptoms like insomnia and mood swing. One can always replace caffeinated beverages with herbal drinks.
- Spicy food: Spicy food has an adverse effect on the symptoms of menopause like hot flashes.
- Meat: It is important to keep the body weight regulated while menopause. consumption of meat can end up in the increase in body fat ultimately increasing the body weight.
- Refined carbohydrates: Refined carbohydrates consumption can lead to the symptoms of menopause like fatigue and mood swings.
- Sugar containing food: One should not increase the sugar intake as it can lead to increased weight. Body weight regulation is important while facing the menopause period.
Do's With Usage of MYONE DEPOT PFS 150ML
- Rest and Destress as high stress is a direct cause of low progesterone
- Keep a check on your weight
- Eating small and frequent meals helps in managing Premenstrual Syndrome
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Menopause
Certain do's one should keep in mind during the menopause phase:
- Keep oneself Hydrated: Human body is made 70% of water hence hydration is necessary to maintain the level of water in the body. In the case of menopause, hydration becomes even more necessary as it can worsen the symptoms of menopause like mood swings.
- Use vaginal lubricants: Vaginal dryness is caused by menopause which can cause a lot of frustration and it can also create disturbance in your sexual relationship.
- Include 15 min of deep breathing in your daily routine: Stress is the reason of all kind of problem and it can worsen hormonal issues in menopause. Including deep breathing can control Stress hormone called Cortisol which has a very close connection with a lot of sex hormones.
- Keep oneself calm and relaxed: Anxiety can worsen the symptoms of hot flashes that make the menopause period even more uncomfortable.
Dont's With Usage Of MYONE DEPOT PFS 150ML
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Menopause
Few don'ts to follow during menopause:
- Do not use electronic devices before sleeping: Using electronic devices like cell phone, laptop and television can cause the reduction in the formation of melatonin which is a sleep-inducing hormone, ultimately resulting in insomnia which can create disturbance in sex hormones. This makes the menopause period even more difficult.
- Do not do crash dieting: During menopause sex hormones undergo a change which can further cause an alteration in thyroid hormones. Crash dieting can even alter the functioning of sex hormones. This slower metabolism can be further worsened by a crash diet which makes losing weight even harder.
- Do not smoke: Smoking can cause menopause comparatively earlier and can worsen the symptoms.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfMYONE DEPOT PFS 150ML
- Lifestyle changes like maintaining body weight, regular exercise and distressing is recommended.
What Are The Tips For Menopause
Plan a good workout regime and follow it religiously. Exercises should not be really exhausting and tedious. One should include more of breathing exercises in the routine. Women should try staying active but should not exhaust themselves by performing extreme activities.