NEOBET TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of NEOBET TABLET
Betamethasone is a steroid medication, used for:
- Relieving skin irritations like itching and flaking from eczema.
- Local psoriasis
- Rheumatic disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, Systemic lupus erythematosus (Lupus)
- Allergic conditions like asthma and angioedema
- Preterm labour to speed up the development of the baby's lungs
- Crohn's disease
- Cancers like leukaemia
- Adrenocortical insufficiency (Along with fludrocortisone)
Side Effects Of NEOBET TABLET
Some patients may experience one or more of following side-effects of Betamethasone:
- Adrenal suppression
- Excessive hair growth
- Prolonged use of betamethasone on extensive areas of skin (broken or raw) may result in side effects on other parts of the body. E.g. cause decrease in the production of natural hormones by the adrenal glands.
- When used in pre-term labour, it may cause complications, like leukocytosis and hypoglycaemia in new-borns exposed in utero.
- When injected into the spine or epidural space, it may cause serious side effects like stroke, loss of vision, and paralysis.
Contraindications Of NEOBET TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Betamethasone
Before taking betamethasone, please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Brain Injury
- Muscle Problems, bone problems, broken Bone due to Disease or Illness
- Increased Pressure in the Eye, Cataracts, Wide-Angle Glaucoma,
- Untreated Fungal Infection,
- Chronic Heart Failure, High Blood Pressure
- Herpes simplex infection
- Rupture of a Tendon
- Hardening of the Liver
- High Blood Sugar
- Low level of Potassium in the Blood
- Reduced body resistance to Infection,
- Mental Disorder
- Asthma is a chronic inflammatory condition of the airways in the lungs. Asthma can either be allergic (most common) or non-allergic.
- Allergic asthma is due to an allergic response known as a type 1 hypersensitivity reaction. People with asthma’s airways are hypersensitive to certain triggers. The allergic reaction causes narrowing of the small airways and leads to "air trapping" (known as an obstructive airway disease)
- There are different types of asthma- childhood onset asthma (usually before the age of 5), adult-onset asthma, exercise-induced asthma and aspirin induced asthma. Some asthma is known as seasonal asthma and occurs only at certain times of the year, usually with the changing of seasons such as during autumn or spring.
- Asthma is diagnosed with lung function tests. A spirometer or a PEFM (Peak Expiratory Flow Meter) is used in conjunction with a bronchodilator. The meter is used to assess your lung function before and after inhaling a fast-acting bronchodilator. A diagnosis of asthma is made when there is an improvement in lung function of more than 20% (PEFM) or more than 12%(when using a spirometer) after the bronchodilator is inhaled.
- Asthma is diagnosed when a patient has suggestive symptoms and a positive bronchodilator test.
When the skin is irritated, you often feel like scratching. This is known as an itch or medically, it is called pruritus. Itching is a very common problem that everyone undergoes. Itching can be limited to a particular area of the body (localized) or occurring in different parts or all over your body (generalized).
Usually, generalized itching that occurs throughout the body is quite difficult to treat compared to a localised itch. Itching can occur with or without any redness, rashes, blisters, bumps or any visible signs on the skin, And, if you have an itch with some visible abnormality in the skin, then you should have it checked by your doctor.
Psoriasis is a long-lasting autoimmune disease. In psoriasis, skin cells multiply 10 times faster than their normal. The volume of underlying cells, which reach the surface of the skin and die, causes red and raised plaques. These are covered with white scales. Psoriasis usually occurs on elbows, knees, and scalp, though it may also occur on palms, soles of feet or torso.
There are mainly five types of psoriasis: plaque, inverse, guttate, pustular, and erythrodermic.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease mainly affecting the joints. In an autoimmune disease body’s immune system mistakenly attacks its own healthy cells. Rheumatoid arthritis causes warm, swollen and painful joints. The joints of hands and wrists are commonly involved but it may affect other body parts also. It can affect hands, wrists, elbows, shoulders, hips, knees, ankles, toes.
Symptoms Treated With NEOBET TABLET
What Are The Symptoms Of Asthma
- Symptoms of asthma are typically a wheezy or "tight" chest, shortness of breath and recurrent or persistent coughing that is worse at night and early mornings. Coughing or tight chest are often also present after exercise.
- Exercise-induced asthma typically only produces symptoms after exercise.
What Are The Symptoms Of Itching
Some of the symptoms associated with itching are:
- Dry skin, rashes
- Cracked skin, redness of the skin
- Flaky scalp
- Bumps appearing on the skin, spots on the skin
- Blisters, scaly or leathery skin texture
What Are The Symptoms Of Psoriasis
Symptoms of psoriasis vary from patient to patient, depending upon the type of psoriasis they have. The common symptoms of plaque psoriasis are:
- Red skin plaques covered with silver coloured loose scales. These plaques can be painful, itchy and may sometimes bleed after cracking. In severe psoriasis, the plaques of irritated skin grow and merge with each other, and cover larger areas.
- Disorder of toenails and fingernails, including pitting and discoloration of nails.
- There may be swelling and pain in joints due to psoriatic arthritis.
Symptoms of arthritis develop gradually over a week to months. The signs and symptoms may vary as per the organ of the body on which it attacks.
The signs and symptoms are as follows:
- Joints- Inflammation of the synovial membrane, swelling, tenderness, feeling of warmth, stiffness.
- Lungs: Lung fibrosis
- Skin: Vasculitis (inflammation of the blood vessels), Erythema
- Blood Vessels and heart: Inflammation of vessels, myocardial infarction, strokes
- Blood: Anaemia, increased platelet counts,
Other common symptoms are fatigue, weight loss, malaise, morning stiffness, fever, loss of appetite.
Causes of diseases where NEOBET TABLET is used
What Are The Causes Of Asthma
- Mostly asthma starts in childhood and is often outgrown in early adulthood. Some asthmatics may, however, need treatment lifelong.
- Asthma has a strong genetic component and is part of the so-called "atopic triad" in childhood which includes allergic rhinitis, atopic dermatitis (eczema) and asthma.
- Early insult to a child's lungs such as neonatal pneumonia or bronchitis may play a role in developing asthma later.
- People with asthma have individual triggers. These triggers are commonly sensitivities to house-dust mites, grass, pollen, animal dander, dairy, wheat, nuts and soy products. Chest infections, cold air or air pollution can also trigger an attack.
- Adult onset starts in the early twenties. There is speculation about possible causes; genetics, smoking and a history of allergies seem to play the biggest part. It affects females more than males.
- Asthma can be caused/ triggered due to any of the following reasons:
1. Airborne substances like pollen, dust mites, pet dander or particles of cockroach waste.
2. Respiratory infections such as common cold
3. Exercise-induced asthma
4. Cold air
5. Air pollutants like smoke
6. Certain medications including beta blockers, aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen
7. Strong emotions, stress
8. Foods which contain Sulphites and preservatives
9. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Asthma is a combination of environmental and genetic factors, as many people live in same conditions. Still, some people get asthma and some don’t.
What Are The Causes Of Itching
Itching can be caused due to several reasons such as:
- Dry skin (xerosis) due to over-exposure to heating or air conditioning, bathing or washing a lot, old age, etc.
- Sunburn (exposure to UV rays).
- Insect stings and bites (mosquitoes, fleas, ants, etc.).
- Infestations like hair lice, pubic lice.
- Skin problems such as psoriasis, atopic dermatitis (eczema), scabies, chickenpox, etc.
- Diseases and disorders like anemia, thyroid problems, hyperthyroidism, kidney failure, liver disease, cancers such as lymphoma, leukemia, etc.
- Allergic reactions to food, chemicals, soaps, poison ivy, cosmetics and other substances.
- Reactions to drugs such as antifungal drugs, medications for pain, antibiotics, etc.
- Exposure to the sun.
- Nerve disorders such as shingles, diabetes mellitus, multiple sclerosis, pinched nerves, etc.
- Anxiety, stress and other emotional conditions.
- Genital or anal itching caused due to STDs (sexually transmitted diseases), yeast infections in women, etc.
- Swimmer’s itch (cercarial dermatitis due to parasites released by snails in the sea and freshwater).
- Itching of the scalp due to psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, dandruff, etc.
What Are The Causes Of Psoriasis
- Weak immunity, in which white blood cells start attacking skin cells mistakenly.
The exact cause of Rheumatoid Arthritis is not known. It is caused by the inflammation of the synovium in which our own immune system starts attacking the healthy body tissues. The inflammation of the thin lining of the cells covering the tissues and joints results in Rheumatoid arthritis.
The factors triggering the RA are enlisted as below:
- Genetic factors: A person with a family history of RA is more likely to suffer from this disease.
- Hormonal factors: Women are more likely to suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis than Men. This can be due to the presence of more number of estrogens in women, but the link between estrogens and RA has not been proven yet.
- Environmental Factors: Smoking is found to be linked to Rheumatoid Arthritis. People who smoke more are at greater risk of getting Rheumatoid Arthritis than people who don’t smoke.
Worst Foods With NEOBET TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Asthma
- Foods with preservatives added to them
- Wine, beer
- Eggs (for children, as some children are allergic to eggs)
- Excessive salt in food
- Oily, fatty foods
What Are The Worst Foods For Itching
- If you are allergic to foods such as shellfish, fish, eggs, nuts, milk, peanuts, soy and wheat, it could cause itching. So, you must avoid these foods if you are allergic to any of them. For instance, if you’re allergic to wheat, then you should eliminate foods like bread, cereals, pasta, crackers, snack foods, etc.
- Certain foods like yeast, eggplant, spinach, mackerel, wine, tuna, etc. contain histamine, which can cause sensitivity and itching. So, it is a good idea to avoid these foods.
- Avoid alcohol and beverages containing caffeine as they cause dehydration and worsen the condition of itching.
What Are The Worst Foods For Psoriasis
The following foods should be avoided as they are known to cause or increase inflammation:
- Fatty red meats
- Processed foods
- Dairy products
- Refined sugars
- Nightshade vegetables including tomatoes, potatoes and peppers.
- Processed and fried foods increase inflammation.
- Alcohol and tobacco: Alcohol and tobacco consumers are at the increased risk of having arthritis.
- Excess salt: Intake of a high amount of salt can increase the inflammation.
- Sugar products: These can worsen rheumatoid arthritis by increasing inflammation in the arteries.
- Wheat and gluten: Increase joint pain.
Do's With Usage of NEOBET TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Asthma
- Identify your asthma triggers and avoid them.
- Always cover yourself fully (especially chest, feet and ears) before going out in cold weather.
- Avoid exercises beyond your physical stamina. Do not over exert.
- Always wear pollution mask if you are staying in high pollution area.
- If asthma is hampering your day to day activities, pl. consult your doctor as he might change your medication.
- Wash your bed sheets and pillow covers every week in hot water to get rid of dust mites.
- Reduce stress.·
- Consult your general practitioner or paediatrician early if your child shows symptoms of asthma. Asthma can be potentially life-threatening, especially in an acute episode.
- Make sure your asthma is controlled. Follow-up with your doctor six months to review and adjust your treatment is necessary. If your asthma is well controlled, your doctor may consider tapering down your treatment.
- Consider doing an allergy test- blood or skin prick. If you have allergic asthma, it will be helpful to know what the triggers are and how to avoid them
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Itching
- You can use a cold application to deaden the itch, as both the itch as well as the cold, travel the same path along the nerve fibers.
- You can pour cool running water over the affected area or place a cool cloth on the affected skin.
- You can have a cool shower.
- A cool bath with colloidal oatmeal or baking soda can provide relief from itching.
- You can apply an ice pack over the affected area.
- Make use of a soothing moisturizing cream or lotion on the affected area.
- Use gels or creams that provide a cooling effect to the skin such as calamine or some lotion with 1% menthol.
- Keep the affected area covered, so that you don’t scratch and bruise the area.
- Cut your nails short and wear gloves at night so that you don’t scratch the itching parts.
- Use sunscreen to prevent itching caused due to sunburn.
- Keep your skin well-hydrated with moisturizers to prevent itching due to dry skin.
- Take preventive measures to avoid STDs, lice infestations, tick infestations, etc. that can cause itching.
- Use a humidifier in your room, as the steam helps to soothe itching skin.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Psoriasis
Please follow your doctor’s advice. Also, you can manage the disease better and control flare ups by following the following tips:
- Keep your body moisturized because dry skin worsens the symptoms. Oily and thick moisturizers are better.
- Use a humidifier when it is dry to keep your skin moist.
- Reduce your alcohol intake.
Eat right, exercise, and maintain a healthy weight.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Rheumatoid arthritis
- Reduce weight: Losing some pounds can help to fight this disease.
- Get adequate sleep: Sound sleep can help to relieve the symptoms.
- Pay attention to the early symptoms: It is advised to visit a doctor if you notice any symptoms related to RA. This can help to start the treatment at the earliest.
- Perform some physical activities or exercise: Doing exercise regularly will keep the muscles and joints moving.
Dont's With Usage Of NEOBET TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Asthma
- Avoid pets.
- Remove carpets and soft toys from the room of your child as these accumulate dust, dust mites which trigger an asthma attack.
- Avoid dampness in the house. Let fresh air come in. Keep all areas of your house dry.
- Do not smoke, avoid being close to people who smoke.
- Avoid burning of incense (Pooja agarbatti) at home, since it triggers an asthma attack.
- Avoid going to kitchen when food is being cooked, especially frying etc.·
- Do not delay seeking treatment when you suspect to have a chest infection. Because your airways are hyper reactive, an infection can easily trigger an acute asthma attack.
- Do not leave your house without your reliever pump or allow your medication to run out. An acute episode can occur at any time and may be fatal.
- Do not smoke if you have asthma or smoke around your child who has asthma. Passive smoking's effects are just as harmful.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Itching
- Avoid a hot bath or shower, as it may provide temporary relief but make you feel a lot itchier later on.
- Avoid substances and things that aggravate the itching such as detergent, rough clothing, perfumed soap, jewelry, some cleaning product, etc.
- Avoid scratching the affected area, as this could lead to the parts becoming infected.
- Avoid stress as this worsens the itching.
- Avoid wearing polyester, wool or clothes made of synthetic materials as they cause the itching to worsen. Wear cotton clothes.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Psoriasis
- Never pick or pick your scales or patches. It can worsen your psoriasis.
- Certain medications like lithium, propranolol, quinidine etc. are known for flaring up psoriasis. Hence, avoid taking these types of medications if you have psoriasis.
- Dry and cold weather makes symptoms worse in many people. Hence, avoid dry and cold weathers. Hot weather is better, though sometimes it may not be so.
- Avoid scrapes, bumps, cuts and infections as they can flare up a condition called Koebner's phenomenon.
- Don’t go out in sun for more than 20 minutes at a stretch. Apply sunscreen before going out.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Rheumatoid arthritis
- Don’t smoke: It can trigger Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Don’t skip medications: When people start feeling good they started to skip the medication. Don’t skip the medications without consulting with the doctor.
- Don’t be a couch potato: Although it is recommended to take rest if you had RA but taking too much rest can make your pain worse. Performing small physical works can help to keep the joints moving.
- Don’t take fish supplements without consulting a doctor. Taking any such medication can interfere with your treatment and result in side effects.
- Don’t drink alcohol: It can slow down the effect of your medications.
- Don’t lose hope: Losing the hope can make you depress and can hinder the treatment process.
- Don’t try any vigorous exercise: Exercise should be done only under the supervision of a trainer. Vigorous exercise can worsen the symptoms.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfNEOBET TABLET
What Are The Tips For Asthma
Having a nebuliser at home will be helpful for acute asthmatic episodes.
What Are The Tips For Itching
Stress can make the condition of itching worse and you can use techniques such as meditation, counseling, behavior therapy and yoga to relieve stress.
Some home remedies to reduce or stop itching are:
- You can apply camphor or menthol over the itching are to numb the nerve endings and stop you from scratching.
- Adding baking soda to a tub of warm water and soaking in it for around 30-60 minutes can help to reduce itching. Also, you can make a paste with 3 parts of baking soda with 1 part water and apply it to the affected part can help to reduce itching.
- Applying a paste of oatmeal to the affected part can help to reduce itching. You can also add colloidal oatmeal to your bath water and soak in it to soothe the itching.
- You can soak some apple cider vinegar in cotton balls and apply it to the affected parts to reduce the itching. You can also soak in bath water with apple cider vinegar added to it to provide relief.
- Milk has inflammatory properties, so dipping a cloth in some milk and applying it to the affected part can help to soothe dry, inflamed and itchy skin.
- Heat some honey and apply it to the affected skin while it is still warm. Leave it for around 15 minutes and wash it off. Honey has anti-microbial and antioxidant properties that help to calm the itching.
- Essential oils such as calendula oil, lavender oil, chamomile oil, rosemary oil, thyme oil, nettle oil geranium oil, etc. have anti-inflammatory properties which can help to relieve itchy skin. You can add them directly to the skin or add it to your bath water.
- Rubbing almond, sesame, olive or coconut oil on the skin before a shower can help to reduce itching.
- Applying lemon juice on the itchy skin can help to reduce the irritation.
- Coconut milk can help to reduce dryness and relieve itching of the skin.
- A salve made by combining cloves, juniper berries, and some unsalted butter and applying it on the itchy skin can help in providing relief.
- Adding some dried basil to boiling water and applying the liquid to the itchy skin can provide relief as basil contains a topical anesthetic, eugenol, which is beneficial for itching.
- Make a mint tea by boiling mint leaves in water and applying the tea to the affected portion with a clean cloth can help to relieve itching as mint contains menthol that has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Thyme contains thymol which is an anesthetic and also has anti-inflammatory properties. Making tea with thyme in boiling water and applying it to the affected parts can soothe itching.
- Applying some juice of aloe vera can help to relieve itching.
- Glycerine draws water into the body and has a hydrating, cooling effect and helps to reduce itching.
What Are The Tips For Psoriasis
- Avoid fragrances as most soaps and perfumes contain dyes & other chemicals that may irritate your skin.
- Take bath with lukewarm water and moisturize your body immediately after taking bath.
- Avoid stress and include yoga, meditation in your daily routine.
Since there is no cure for Rheumatoid arthritis but it can be managed. Use of medication and some changes in lifestyle can help to improve the quality of daily life. Below are some tips by which a person can manage Rheumatoid arthritis effectively:
- Try to avoid prolonged static positions. Avoid long sittings.
- Exercise and practice Yoga
- Use hot or cold ice packs
- Take healthy and nutritious diet
- Practice meditation and relaxation techniques