NEOSPORIN H OINTMENT 5GM has the following salts in its composition
1) POLYMYXIN B 2) Neomycin
Uses Of NEOSPORIN H OINTMENT 5GM
Neomycin is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- To reduce risk of infections after intestinal surgery
- Bacterial infections
- Hepatic encephalopathy (brain problems)
Side Effects Of NEOSPORIN H OINTMENT 5GM
Side Effects Of Salt: Neomycin
The common side effects of neomycin are:
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea
Sometimes severe ( but rare) side effects may be:
- Numbness/tingling of legs
- Weakness, difficulty in walking
- Muscle twitching, seizures
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of NEOSPORIN H OINTMENT 5GM
Contraindications Of Salt: Neomycin
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug neomycin or any other allergies.
- Intestinal problems
- Hearing problems
- Parkinson’s disease
- Kidney problems
- Bacteria are the single celled, microscopic organisms which are essential for many processes of human body and a few of them are responsible for causing harm. A bacterial infection refers to the condition when there is accumulation of harmful bacteria inside or on the human body.
Symptoms Treated With NEOSPORIN H OINTMENT 5GM
- The symptoms of bacterial infections are running nose, cough, headache, restlessness. The signs of bacterial infection can be easily confused with viral infection; doctors can make out the difference by examining particular signs.
Causes of diseases where NEOSPORIN H OINTMENT 5GM is used
- Bacterial Infections can be caught by someone’s sneezing, coughing, sex, contaminated food or water, infected pets or livestock.
Worst Foods With NEOSPORIN H OINTMENT 5GM
Foods that must not be consumed if suffering from Bacterial Infection are:
- Unpasteurized and contaminated dairy products
- Protein foods (raw meat, tofu, eggs and fish)
- Raw and dirty fruits15vegetable sprouts
- Salads from market
- Refrigerated salsa
- Uncooked grain and miso products
- Brewed tea
- Unpasteurized juices
- Herbal Supplements
Do's With Usage of NEOSPORIN H OINTMENT 5GM
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Bacterial Infections
- The habit of washing hands frequently must be developed.
- Keep the household objects that are used by many clean (Telephones, keys, doorknobs, taps, sink etc.).
- Wash fruits and vegetables well before eating.
- Toys for toddlers must be kept clean.
- Get properly vaccinated.
- Take care of general well being.
- Keep your ears neat.
- Don’t use cotton swabs, hairpins or clips for cleaning your ears.
Dont's With Usage Of NEOSPORIN H OINTMENT 5GM
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Bacterial Infections
- Avoid consuming contaminated or easily mishandled food.
- Don’t consume stale food
- Avoid smoking and being a passive smoker.