NOCOLD TABLET 10`S has the following salts in its composition
1) Paractamol 2) Phenylephrine 3) Chlorpheniramine 4) Caffeine
Uses Of NOCOLD TABLET 10`S
Phenylephrine hydrochloride is used for temporary relief from:
It works by reducing the swelling in ears and nose, thus making it easy to breathe.
Pl. do not used this medicine for children below 6 years.
Chlorpheniramine, a first generation alkyl amine, and anti histamine are used in the treatment of following conditions: Migraine
, mild CNS stimulant
Side Effects Of NOCOLD TABLET 10`S
Some of the common side-effects include:
- Headache, dizziness
- Mild stomach upset
- Trouble in sleeping
- Fast heart beat
If any of these side-effects persist for long, please consult your doctor.
The most common side effects of Chlorpheniramine are:
- Stomach upset
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
Some severe (but rare) side effects are:
- Trouble in urination
- Ringing in ears
- Trouble breathing
- Fast/irregular heart beat
- Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Side Effects Of Salt: Caffeine
Insomnia, restlessness, nervousness, nausea
Contraindications Of NOCOLD TABLET 10`S
Contraindications Of Salt: Phenylephrine
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Heart disease
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Overactive thyroid
- Enlarged prostate
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug Chlorpheniramine or any other allergies.
- Breathing problems like asthma
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Heart problems
- Stomach problems like ulcers, enlarged prostate
- Urinary retention
- Breast feeding
Contraindications Of Salt: Caffeine
The common cold is simply referred to as cold as well. The common cold is a contagious disease caused by viruses. It occurs in the upper part of the respiratory tract which affects mainly the nose. The body parts that may get affected by common cold are voice box, sinus, and throat. Symptoms and signs of the common cold may start to appear within two days after the exposure to the virus.The common cold is accompanied by a headache, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, coughing and sometimes fever as well. Generally, it might take a week to 10 days in the recovery. Some of the symptoms can stay even for three weeks. When the symptoms of common cold worsen, it can turn into Pneumonia.
The force of around 200 viruses is involved for causing the common cold. A virus known as rhinovirus is the most prevalent cause of common cold. Common cold vaccines are not yet available. The antidote of the common cold is also not yet made but relieve to the patients can be provided by treating the symptoms.
In humans, the common cold is one of the most reoccurring infectious diseases. Averagely, an adult may suffer from cold from a couple of times to four times in a year. Cold occurs mainly in winters.
An allergy is an autoimmune response called a hypersensitivity reaction. This means that the body's immune system is acting in a way that is detrimental or has consequences that that affects the body- The body's immune system "overreacts" to a particular trigger, and thus your immune system is called "hypersensitive."
The severity of this overreaction of the immune system differs from person to person. Some people may have a mild reaction (sometimes only referred to as a sensitivity and not an allergy), while others may have severe anaphylactic reactions that can be life-threatening.
Eczema, food allergies, allergic rhinitis, medication allergies and anaphylactic reactions can all be grouped under the term "allergy." No specific causes of allergies have been found although genetics play the biggest role in predisposing to allergies.
People who suffer from allergies have different triggers that cause an allergic reaction. The first time someone is exposed to a trigger, the body's immune system forms antibodies against the particular allergen. This is called sensitization.
When the immune system encounters the allergic trigger for the second time, the antibodies will react to the trigger and cause an allergic response. Sometimes the allergic response can worsen with every exposure, for example, seen in patients with bee-sting allergies. The first bee sting might not be severe, but the third or fourth reaction could be life-threatening. Most of the time, the allergic response stays the same in severity.
Often people who suffer from allergies had what we call an atopic triad in childhood- this triad of allergies include atopic dermatitis (eczema), food allergies and asthma.
It is also known as Hives. This causes red, itchy, raised welts and bumps on the skin that appears in various shapes and sizes. This is a very common disease in which rashes appear all over the body. These Urticaria flare up suddenly and this disease is increased by extreme heat and cold. Antihistamines are the best treatment for this disease.
Symptoms Treated With NOCOLD TABLET 10`S
What Are The Symptoms Of Common cold
After the exposure to the virus, the symptoms may occur in few days. Certain symptoms and signs of the common cold are as followed:
- Stuffy or a runny nose.
- Soreness in the throat is felt.
- Regular coughing.
- Congestion is experienced in the chest.
- A mild headache and slight body pain may occur.
- Continuous sneezing is experienced in some of the cases.
- A little temperature rise of the body can occur.
- Feeling of general sickness may be felt.
- The nose may discharge green or yellow, thicker mucus.
- Breaths become shorter.
- Pain in the sinus.
- Pain in the ear can be experienced.
- Eyes and eyelids may become heavy.
- Extreme fussiness may occur.
- Unusual drowsiness is experienced.
- Loss of appetite can also be of the symptoms of common cold.
- Certain complicated symptoms that may occur along the common cold:
There are fewer chances of such complications but sometimes cold gets worse and reaches to one’s ears, sinuses, or chest.
- Ear infection: The main signs of ear infection are yellow or green nasal discharge and aching ears. It commonly occurs in small children.
- Sinusitis: When a common cold stays for a longer period then the chances of sinusitis increases. Symptoms of sinusitis may include infected and inflamed sinuses.
- Asthma: Wheezing or difficulty in breathing may be provoked by a common cold.
- Chest infection: Infections like bronchitis and pneumonia can be caused by prolonged common cold.
- Strep throat: Common cold is accompanied by strep throat infection. In this condition, throat becomes sore along with coughing.
What Are The Symptoms Of Allergy
The symptoms of allergies are because of a release of a substance called histamines from the immune system.
The symptoms of allergies depend on the type of allergy:
Acute anaphylaxis may be potentially life-threatening. This may present with a red skin rash, swelling of the airways, shortness of breath, low blood pressure, cardiovascular collapse and will lead to death if not treated.
A red itchy skin rash (wheal and flare reaction) is common in food allergies, chemical allergies (e.g. latex allergy), medication allergies and allergic reactions to insect bites.
Food allergies may present with a skin rash, itchy or swollen airways or gastrointestinal upsets.
Allergic rhinitis presents with a runny nose, teary eyes, sneezing and nasal congestion. Allergic rhinitis is one of the medical conditions that have the worst impact on quality of life.
Eczema usually presents in childhood with a dry, itchy rash, usually affecting the skin over joint surfaces.
What Are The Symptoms Of Urticaria
| The disease Urticaria has many certain symptoms which can be seen and observed very easily. In this disease, symptoms keep on appearing and disappearing but chronic Urticaria can have symptoms for months. Here are the most common ones: - |
- Raised itchy bumps.
- Either red or skin coloured rashes.
- Dizziness & Wheezing.
- Swelling of the face and lips.
- Urticaria on reproductive organs.
Causes of diseases where NOCOLD TABLET 10`S is used
What Are The Causes Of Common cold
- The common cold is the infection causes in the upper-respiratory tract. It is caused by the attack of the viruses. It is a myth that not wearing enough cloth in winters or cold weather causes the cold. Some of the ways one can catch infections are as follows:
- Exposure to the virus by touching any contaminated object like cell phone remote controls, laptops, etc. or any virus containing surface like door knobs, taps, etc.
- Close contact with an infected person.
- Using the personal belongings of a person suffering from the common cold like the towel, clothes, etc.
- A mild infection may be caused in adults by three types of viruses responsible foe cold. However, in old people, children, and individuals with a weak immune system it can cause serious lower respiratory tract problem. Also, patients with heart and lung diseases, asthmatic patients, and premature babies are at a higher risk of getting the complications like pneumonia and bronchitis.
What Are The Causes Of Allergy
Genetics is the biggest link to allergies.
There has recently been much discussion about the increasing prevalence of allergies seen in the developed world. This increase is thought to be attributed to a decreased exposure to allergens and toxins in childhood, because of "over-hygienic" parenting. This is referred to in the media is the "hygiene hypothesis."
Children who are exposed to more bacteria and allergens in childhood have shown to have lower incidences of allergies.
Triggers for allergies are numerous. The common triggers are:
- House dust mites and dust
- Pollen and grass
- Animal dander
- Nuts- especially peanuts
- Milk and soy
- Shellfish and iodine-containing foods
- Medications such as penicillin, sulphonamide
- Chemicals such as latex
- Insect toxins such as bee-stings
What Are The Causes Of Urticaria
Urticaria occurs when the body reacts to an allergen and this releases some chemicals from under the skin. The chemical causes inflammation and burning sensation.
Common causes of this disease are: -
- Intestinal Parasites
- Extreme temperature and cold
- Transmission from pets
- Water on the skin
- Blood Transfusion
- Insect bites and stings
- Factors like exercise and sun exposure
- Certain medications
Worst Foods With NOCOLD TABLET 10`S
What Are The Worst Foods For Common cold
Some of the foods to cut down to curb common cold and its symptoms are as follows:
- Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages: Immunity of one’s body gets weakened by alcohol, also body experiences dehydration. Such conditions make one even more vulnerable to common cold. So, one should not consume alcohol, especially in a hefty amount to prevent the common cold. Some of the beverages to avoid are beer, wine, tequila, vodka, and whiskey.
- Dairy Products: The Dairy product should be cut down during the common cold, as consuming dairy items may worsen the mucus formation. Excessive mucus causes the common cold to irritate even more. Some of the dairy products that one should avoid completely are milkshakes, cold coffee, milk ice creams, butter, cheese, yoghurt, cream, pudding, and other milk desserts.
- Packed Juices: When one is suffering from the common cold he/she must stay away from packed fruit juices as they consist of high amount of added sugar. Sugar decreases the efficiency of WBC to fight against infections. The Vitamin C benefits from the packed juice are cancelled by excessive sugar present in them.
What Are The Worst Foods For Allergy
- If you are allergic to any food substance, avoidance of that particular food is prudent.
- Spicy foods induce a histaminic response. It may worsen your allergy in some cases. Use with discretion.
- Raw fruits and vegetables may sometimes aggravate allergies because of pesticides and pollen. Cooking your vegetables can lower the allergic response related to this.
What Are The Worst Foods For Urticaria
Some of the foods act as an enhancer of the disease. Observe if any of the following foods flare up the symptoms. If yes, avoid them completely. Some of them are: -
- Dried Food: The dried food contains chemicals that can react so individual should eliminate this type of food completely from his/her diet. The dried food includes raisins, apricots, and dried apples.
- Citrus foods: Avoid all the sour products as it surely will make you suffer more. Citrus food stimulates the histamine quantity in the body. This food includes oranges, lemon, pickles, and tomatoes as well.
- Dairy Products: When any individual is suffering from skin rashes then, he/she should completely avoid all the dairy products. This includes milk, cheese, cream, and butter.
- Seafood and Eggs: These both are high in histamines and this will surely enhance your skin itching issue. Thus, try to avoid them for some days.
Do's With Usage of NOCOLD TABLET 10`S
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Common cold
The tips that one should follow while suffering from common cold are as follows:
- Keep one’s hands clean: Keep the hands clean by sanitizing them or washing them, as it helps to avoid the transferring of cold causing viruses. Especially, clean one’s hands after visiting public places like movie hall, shopping complex, gym, airport, and railway station. As these places contain a lot of germs.
- Usage of disposables is recommended and encouraged if anyone from the family is suffering from common cold. By doing this one can prevent infection from spreading. After the usage disposables should be put into trash cans. One must particularly use disposable crockery like cups, plates, spoons and glasses, paper tissues.
- Maintain the hygiene of one’s dwelling place: One should keep the house area germ free by cleaning it thoroughly with disinfectants. One must take care of cleaning the most touched things in the house like remote control, laptop, cell phone, etc. It helps to avoid viral infection, which includes common cold.
- In the case of children suffering from common cold, clean his/her toys and utility items properly.
- Keep the towels and clothes separate for the person suffering from common cold.
- Maintaining a healthy and good lifestyle is important. One must exercise, take healthy meals, and sleep properly to boost up the immune system. Body’s immunity helps to fight the common cold and other infection.
- Keep the stress in control: Stress is one of the major factors that weaken one’s immunity; hence one should try to relax. Good immunity means increases in the efficiency to fight with germs that cause the common cold.
- Make swimming a habit: People are prone to common cold should try swimming and make it a habit. Doing so can improvise the flow of blood in the nasal tract.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Allergy
- Screen yourself for your particular allergen triggers through skin prick or blood tests.
- Trigger avoidance is the biggest component of allergy treatment.
- If you suffer from severe allergic reactions, always carry your adrenaline pen with you.
- It would be wise to keep your chronic medications on you, in the case of an acute allergic episode.
- Wear a medical alert bracelet if you have any life-threatening allergies.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Urticaria
Here are the some of the most recommended tips that one should follow if he/she is suffering from the disease urticaria.
- Visit a doctor as soon as you observe symptoms.
- Identify and avoid all the triggering factors.
- Apply moisturiser and smoothening agents like petroleum jelly.
- Use mild soap for bathing.
Dont's With Usage Of NOCOLD TABLET 10`S
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Common cold
One must avoid a few things when attached by the common cold. Some such things are as follows:
- Do not touch one’s face, particularly the eye, mouth, and nose area, when exposed to the people suffering from common cold.
- Do not smoke: Smoking a cigar or a cigarette may disturb the air passage and increase the chances of the common cold, and certain other infections. Passive smokers are also at a risk of catching a common cold. Hence, smoking should be completely avoided.
- Avoid going to the work place: Since common cold is a contagious disease, one should avoid visiting public places. Also, some rest is advised during common cold accompanied by fever.
- Do not travel by air: When suffering from common cold, one should not take flights. Increase in pressure while flying can make the ear drum rupture if one is congested. Also, dry air of the plane may irritate the inflamed nasal track and enhances the chance of bleeding nose.
- Do not drive when feeling drowsy: Lack of sleep caused due to blocked nose and inability to breathe properly can make one feel drowsy all the time. Also, certain medicines prescribed in common cold have sedatives in them, which may cause drowsiness. Driving in such state may be proved hazardous, hence avoid driving in such illness.
- Avoid sexual activities: Although indulging in sexual activities is said to be an immunity booster, but it may cause the transmission of common cold causes viruses. Especially, kissing a healthy partner by the infected partner may result in the transferring of the germs. Hence, one should restrict from sexual activities.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Allergy
- Don't leave allergies untreated as they have a significant impact on quality of life.
- Don't smoke. Smoking increases inflammation in the body and can worsen allergic reactions; this is especially true if you suffer from airway allergies such as allergic rhinitis or asthma.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Urticaria
Experts have given some tips regarding the management of the healthy skin and thus they recommend avoiding some things. So, here are some best tips: -
- Don’t use any cream or lotion without prescription.
- Don’t wear tight clothes.
- Don’t use and rely on hotel linens and soaps.
- Don’t experiment new products.
- Don’t eat spicy cuisines.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfNOCOLD TABLET 10`S
- Take some steam: Blocked nose can be opened up by taking steam. There are a lot of steamers available in market these days, which makes easy to breathe in the steam. If a steamer is not available, then one can take steam from boiling water’s pot. Always remember to breathe through the nose while taking steam. Also, be careful as the steam can burn the nose badly. One can add a few prescribed medicines to the boiling water for better results.
- Blow the mucus out: During a typical cold, excessive mucus is formed. Hence, it is important to blow it out instead of sniffing it back to the nasal passage. But be careful as blowing the nose too hard can make the germs enter to the ear passage that may lead to ear infections and ear ache. The right way of blowing nose is to press one finger on one of the nostrils and gently blow the other one.
- Use Salt-Water or Saline Spray to rinse: These may help to ease the congestion by breaking it up.
What Are The Tips For Allergy
Probiotics are useful in food sensitivities to restore intestinal flora balance. An elimination diet may lower inflammation in the body and help reduce allergies.
What Are The Tips For Urticaria
- Here are some other tips which can also be beneficial for the patient: -
- Manage the emotions if you are suffering from stress urticaria.
- Take medicines on time and have a regular check-up.