NUHENZ TABLET 10`S 5% has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of NUHENZ TABLET 10`S 5%
It exhibits antioxidant properties and found to beneficial in following conditions:
- Diabetic neuropathy (nerve damage due to high blood sugar levels)
- Back Pain
- Anxiety, Depression, Alzheimer’s disease
Side Effects Of NUHENZ TABLET 10`S 5%
Generally, no side effects are reported if taken in the appropriate amount as directed by the physician.
Consult your doctor if any of the following side effects get worse:
- Abdominal discomfort
- Decrease in blood pressure
- Allergic reactions such as rashes, itching
Contraindications Of NUHENZ TABLET 10`S 5%
Contraindications Of Salt: Benfotiamine
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding
- Low blood pressure
Generalised Anxiety Disorder is a psychiatric condition, and is classified in the DSM-V (Diagnostic and Statistic Manual of Mental disorders, Fifth Edition) by standardised defining criteria.
Generalised anxiety disorder is one of the commonest mental health concerns worldwide, and it is estimated that a significant number of cases are left undiagnosed.
Patients with GAD present with excessive worry and anxiety in usual day-to-day life activities. This worry interferes with their normal functioning and is often regarded as irrational or out of proportion. The worry affects areas such as health, personal relationships, finances, and career.
Diagnosis of GAD may be difficult to make as it is commonly occurs in conjunction with other mental disorders such as depression. Online and easily accessible tools such as the Generalised Anxiety Disorder-7 questionnaire may assist in the diagnosis.
The average age of diagnosis is around thirty years of age.
Diabetes mellitus (type 2) is characterized by high blood sugar, relative lack of insulin and insulin resistance. It is a long term metabolic disorder.
Long term complications of diabetes are diabetic retinopathy, resulting in blindness, heart disease, strokes, kidney failure, poor flow of blood in limbs requiring amputation.
Symptoms Treated With NUHENZ TABLET 10`S 5%
According to the DSM-V criteria, a patient with GAD must present with at least three of the symptoms listed below. The symptoms must be present for a minimum of six months, on most days, rather than at irregular intervals.
- Feeling impatient or on edge
- Getting worn-out quickly
- Struggling to focus or concentrate. The mind seems like it goes "blank."
- Getting annoyed quite quickly
- Muscle tension
- Some disruption of normal sleeping patterns- either having problems falling asleep, waking up at night, or having restless sleep.
The anxiety or worry must interfere with important areas of functioning such as social or employment spheres. It is important to exclude that the symptoms are not caused by other medical conditions e.g. thyroid function disturbances or by a particular substance or medication.
Patient with GAD may also have other physical manifestations of anxiety, along with those already mentioned. These include:
- Trembling, feeling jittery or being startled easily
- Gastrointestinal upsets such as nausea, diarrhoea or irritable bowel syndrome symptoms.
- Recurrent tension headaches
Common symptoms include increased thirst, frequent urination, and unexplained weight loss. Some patients may also feel increased hunger, feeling of tiredness, and sores that do not heal.
Causes of diseases where NUHENZ TABLET 10`S 5% is used
Generalised Anxiety Disorder is not linked to a specific aetiology, but different risk and associated factors have been identified, with a primary focus on genetics and environmental causes.
Life stressor may trigger anxiety in genetically predisposed individuals. Life stressors include social issues such as isolation, lack of family support and poor self-esteem. Financial stressors such as inadequate income or debt may also contribute.
Women are more often affected than men. GAD is seen less often in married couples or those in long-term relationships, than those without a life-partner.
Personality types may also play a role in developing GAD. Avoidant, dependent and obsessive-compulsive personalities are most commonly associated with anxiety.
Type 2 diabetes mainly occurs because of obesity and lack of exercise. Some people are at more risk genetically than others. Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by regular exercise, maintaining normal weight and proper diet.
Best Foods With NUHENZ TABLET 10`S 5%
- Fresh fruits and vegetables give your body the nutrients it needs to keep your cognitive functioning optimal.
- Dehydration may worsen anxiety. Make sure to drink the recommended amount of water per day.
- Tryptophan rich foods. Tryptophan is a precursor of serotonin Foods that contain tryptophan includes: Sesame seeds, peanut butter, chicken, bananas, and turkey.
- Foods that are high in vitamin B such as red meat, tuna, eggs and salmon.
- Low GI carbohydrates. Carbohydrates increase serotonin production in the body, but refined carbohydrates cause insulin spikes. Low GI grains and bread are healthier, keep the blood glucose levels constant, and will increase serotonin levels.
- Food that is high in omega-3 such as mackerel, salmon, tuna, sesame seeds and avocados.
- Whole grains, such as brown rice, oatmeal, quinoa, millet, or amaranth
- Indian blueberry
- Brown rice
- Broccoli, hailed as super food for diabetes management
- Psyllium husk
- Cannellini beans
- Sweet potatoes
- Green leafy vegetables like collard greens
Worst Foods With NUHENZ TABLET 10`S 5%
- Caffeine- coffee, black tea, chocolate.
- Sugar and artificial sweeteners. Sugar has shown to increase depression and anxiety. Sugar-spikes wreak havoc on your insulin-glucose pathway and induce a "stress-response" in the body that worsens anxiety.
- Foods high in unsaturated fatty acids, that increase neural inflammation.
- White bread, pastries, cakes, cookies
- Fruits like mango, bananas, melon, peaches, nectarines
- Canned juices, fruits
- White rice
- Blended coffee, ice creams, sweets
- Chinese food
- Fruit juices
- French fries
- Fatty meats
Do's With Usage of NUHENZ TABLET 10`S 5%
Exercise. Cardiovascular exercise is a good way to assist with stress relief, as well as managing symptoms of anxiety
Start practicing specific and directed relaxation techniques to help anxiety
Psychotherapy has been proven to be as beneficial as medication and is of additive benefit to patients who are on treatment.
Lower your caffeine intake. Caffeine is a stimulant that releases sympathomimetics (the same chemical neurotransmitters that are released during anxiety or fear
- Control your weight
- Exercise regularly
- Skip sugary drinks, processed hard to digest foods
- Limit red meat
- Choose good fat, remove bad fat from your diet
Dont's With Usage Of NUHENZ TABLET 10`S 5%
- Do not smoke. Nicotine is a stimulant that stimulates your cardiovascular system and mimics a stress response. However, anticipated difficulty with quitting smoking may worsen anxiety. It is important to consult a doctor or counsellor to assist you, as well as to ensure that you have a good support structure around you, before attempting to stop.
- Avoid alcohol. It is a sedative but may cause a reflex/ compensatory stimulatory response by your body. Dehydration, impaired cognitive functioning, and memory impairment seen in alcohol use may also contribute to anxiety. Alcohol also lowers serotonin levels, which are important in maintaining mood and anxiety.
- Do not isolate yourself. Pursue meaningful inter-personal relationships and spend time with loved ones, as this has shown to lower anxiety
- Don’t have sedentary life style
- Quit smoking and alcohol
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfNUHENZ TABLET 10`S 5%
- Supplements such as omega-3, as well as magnesium and calcium may be beneficial.
- Aromatherapy, massage therapy, and reflexology may also assist with anxiety and stress reduction in general.