O2 TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Ornidazole 2) Tinidazole
Uses Of O2 TABLET
Ornidazole is used for managing Protozoan infections.
It is used to treat various types of vaginal infections such as bacterial vaginosis (excessive growth of bacteria) trichomoniasis (caused by the parasite Trichomonas vaginalis).
It can be used to treat certain types of parasite infections also.
It works by stopping the growth of bacteria and parasites.
Side Effects Of O2 TABLET
Side Effects Of Salt: Ornidazole
Some of the common side-effects include:
Side Effects Of Salt: Tinidazole
Many people using this medication do not face any side effect. However, some patients may experience:
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, indigestion
- A metallic or bitter taste in your mouth
- Weakness or tiredness
NOTE: Along with intake of tinidazole having alcohol can causes an disulfiram-like reaction such as headache, nausea, vomiting, shortness of breath, increased blood pressure, flushing.
Consult your doctor if following rare, but serious side effects occurs:
- Fever, chills
- Numbness, burning pain
- Tingly feeling
Contraindications Of O2 TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Ornidazole
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Multiple sclerosis or epilepsy multiple sclerosis
Contraindications Of Salt: Tinidazole
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding
- Weak immune system
- Epilepsy or other seizure disorder
- Kidney disease
- Anemia or decrease in RBC’S or WBC’S
Protozoan Infections are characterised as parasitic diseases that are caused due to the microorganisms from the Protozoan family. These are classified into three categories, namely: Chromalveolata, Excavata, and Amoebozoa. Some organisms from these categories include Giardia Lamblia, Plasmodium, Entamoeba Histolytica, etc.
- Bacteria are the single celled, microscopic organisms which are essential for many processes of human body and a few of them are responsible for causing harm. A bacterial infection refers to the condition when there is accumulation of harmful bacteria inside or on the human body.
Symptoms Treated With O2 TABLET
A number of symptoms that occur due to Protozoan infections have been listed below. Some of these occur only due to a specific Protozoan organism.
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of weight
- Increased heart rate
- Rectum bleeding
- Gastrointestinal signs
- The symptoms of bacterial infections are running nose, cough, headache, restlessness. The signs of bacterial infection can be easily confused with viral infection; doctors can make out the difference by examining particular signs.
Causes of diseases where O2 TABLET is used
A number of causes are behind infections due to Protozoan organisms. Some are mentioned below:
- Transmission of an infectious disease
- Contaminated food, water
- Contagious – spread from people to people
- Transmitted by pathogenic organism
- Bacterial Infections can be caught by someone’s sneezing, coughing, sex, contaminated food or water, infected pets or livestock.
Best Foods With O2 TABLET
Protozoan infections are caused by parasites, which is why it is appropriate to consume anti-parasitic foods. A few such foods are listed below:
- Horseradish: This food contains a strong antibacterial component known as allyl isothiocyanate that helps in reducing protozoan infections in the body.
- Cayenne: Cayenne, which is similar to Capsicum, helps to keep away the parasites from the body.
- Thyme: Consume thyme tea for fighting any fungal infections related to Protozoan infections.
- Raw Garlic: Raw garlic has been considered very effective against protozoans like Giardia Lamblia, so one can consume freshly chopped garlic in vegetable juice.
- Other foods that are good for such infections are pumpkin seeds for improving the immune system, coconuts for their lauric acid that converts to monolaurin (able to kill protozoa).
- Protozoan infected patients need to follow a balanced food diet containing whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, low-fat dairy products, low cholesterol foods, sugar-free foods, etc.
Foods to consume to get rid of bacterial infections are:
- Garlic helps eliminate harmful fungus, worms, yeast with its anti-microbial properties
- Coconut Oil has a component called lauric acid which acts against microbes
- Gingerol present in ginger is good for bacterial infections
- Fermented foods make body’s defence system strong
- Lemons help fight pathogens both inside and outside the body
- Horseradish is beneficial for the Urinary Tract Infections and the lung infections
- Pine apple helps in digestion and fights against microbes
- Turmeric has strong antimicrobial abilities
- Raw and unprocessed honey contains an enzyme that releases Hydrogen Peroxide which eliminates some kinds of bacteria.
- Cabbage is very good for immune system and digestion
Worst Foods With O2 TABLET
Parasitic or protozoan infections are majorly due to the consumption of foods that are not fresh. Moreover, a number of foods that have an excess of a certain ingredient only triggers the parasites to attack the body further. Some of these foods are:
- Contaminated food: Probably the most obvious of all the foods that may be affected by Protozoan parasites is contaminated food. Parasites are lurking on such food items looking for hosts.
- High sugar and carbohydrate food: Sugary and carb-rich food items are equally dangerous for people as these also have high chances of parasites in them. Moreover, such foods weaken the immune system, leading to frequent attacks from parasites.
- Uncovered food: Many stalls all over the world serve open food items that are risky to consume. Patients are warned not to consume such open food items.
Foods that must not be consumed if suffering from Bacterial Infection are:
- Unpasteurized and contaminated dairy products
- Protein foods (raw meat, tofu, eggs and fish)
- Raw and dirty fruits15vegetable sprouts
- Salads from market
- Refrigerated salsa
- Uncooked grain and miso products
- Brewed tea
- Unpasteurized juices
- Herbal Supplements
Do's With Usage of O2 TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Protozoan infections
- Take proper medications.
- Clean the hands properly.
- Consume hygienic food. Drink clean water.
- Cook food within the recommended heat.
- Follow proper nutrition.
- Stay away from mosquito bites.
- Maintain a strong immune system.
- Wash fruits and vegetables properly before eating.
- Consume fresh food items.
- Maintain personal hygienic condition.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Bacterial Infections
- The habit of washing hands frequently must be developed.
- Keep the household objects that are used by many clean (Telephones, keys, doorknobs, taps, sink etc.).
- Wash fruits and vegetables well before eating.
- Toys for toddlers must be kept clean.
- Get properly vaccinated.
- Take care of general well being.
- Keep your ears neat.
- Don’t use cotton swabs, hairpins or clips for cleaning your ears.
Dont's With Usage Of O2 TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Protozoan infections
- Avoid drinking water from lake, ponds and streams
- Do not consume contaminated water
- Stop water getting stagnant in your environment
- Avoid close contact with infected people
- Smoky, dusty environments should be avoided.
- Don’t buy food from unhygienic shops.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Bacterial Infections
- Avoid consuming contaminated or easily mishandled food.
- Don’t consume stale food
- Avoid smoking and being a passive smoker.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfO2 TABLET
Maintaining perfect diet will strengthen the immune system and such infections can be avoided. Ensuring a clean environment and taking preventive measures also make the infection stay away from infecting us.