OLKEMBETA 50 TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Metoprolol 2) Olmesartan
Uses Of OLKEMBETA 50 TABLET
Common uses of Metoprolol are:
- High blood pressure
- Abnormally fast heart rate
- Chest pain due to poor blood flow to the heart
- Prevent further heart problems after myocardial infarction
- Prevent migraines related headaches
Side Effects Of OLKEMBETA 50 TABLET
Side Effects Of Salt: Metoprolol
Some of the common side-effects of Metoprolol are:
- Slow heartbeat may occur
Side Effects Of Salt: Olmesartan
Dizziness or light-headedness may occur for a few days as your body gets used to the medication.
Contraindications Of OLKEMBETA 50 TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Metoprolol
Before starting Metoprolol, please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Certain types of heart rhythm problems like second or third-degree atrioventricular block, slow heartbeat
- Breathing problems like chronic bronchitis, asthma, emphysema
- Liver disease
- Serious allergic reactions
- Blood circulation problems
- Mental/mood disorders
- A certain muscle disease
- Diabetes (Metoprolol may prevent the fast/pounding heartbeat usually felt when blood sugar level falls too low (hypoglycaemia).
Contraindications Of Salt: Olmesartan
Tell your doctor before taking olmesartan, if you have any of the following conditions:
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Severe loss of body water & minerals (dehydration).
- High potassium levels in body or you are taking any potassium supplements
- Pregnant or planning to become pregnant
Hypertension, also known as high blood pressure in common language, is a long term medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is persistently elevated.
- Migraine is a result of some abnormal activities in the brain that cause a severe headache. This is accompanied by over-sensitivity to light, sound or particular kind of smells.
Symptoms Treated With OLKEMBETA 50 TABLET
What Are The Symptoms Of Hypertension
High blood pressure in itself usually does not cause symptoms, but long term high blood pressure is a major risk factor for coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, vision loss, stroke, heart failure, and chronic kidney disease.
What Are The Symptoms Of Migraine
- Though not all the migraine pains are similar, few common symptoms are: moderate to severe throbbing pain in either side of the head, which increases during any physical activity, sweating, temperature change of the body, abdominal pain, nausea, pain in the eyes etc.. There may be sensitivity to noise, smell and light.
Causes of diseases where OLKEMBETA 50 TABLET is used
- Wrong life style, lack of physical activity
- Eating disorders
- Old age, over weight
- Too much of salt in diet, alcohol
What Are The Causes Of Migraine
Though real cause of migraine is still not known, possible causes could be:
- Central nervous disorder
- Genetic predispositions
- Abnormalities in brain chemical or nerve pathways
- Abnormalities in blood vessel system of brain, or vascular system.
- Things which can trigger the attack of migraine are skipping meals, salty foods, junk foods, hormonal changes, sensory triggers like exposure to light, noise or certain kinds of smells.
Best Foods With OLKEMBETA 50 TABLET
What Are The Best Foods For Hypertension
- Eat foods which are rich in potassium, magnesium and fibre. Some of the foods recommended for hypertension are:
- Beetroots are considered the wonder food for high blood pressure. They contain nitrite, which opens the blood vessels and lowers blood pressure. Cook beetroots or drink juice, either way, it will be healthy for you.
- Add spices like garlic, basil leaves, ginger, cumin to spice up your meals. This will make up for the lack of the taste of food, caused by low salt.
- Green, leafy vegetables
- Low-fat dairy products, Yogurt (fat-free)
- Lean meat, poultry products
- Nuts, seeds, and legumes
- Fruits like Apples, apricots, broccoli, carrots, bananas, mangoes, melons, pineapples, oranges, peaches, and strawberries.
- Collards, green beans, green peas, kale, dates, grapes, lima beans, potatoes, raisins, sweet potatoes, spinach, squash, tomatoes.
What Are The Best Foods For Migraine
Foods that can help keep migraine pain or other headaches in check are:
- Grains: The rich fibre content of grains keep the sugar level controlled as the dip in sugar level can trigger a migraine or a headache.
- Fish and Meat: These have plenty of essential fatty acids that inhibit the inflammation causing hormones’ production, therefore helping in decreasing the migraine pain or headaches. Salmon, mackerel, trout have high fatty acids amount. Tuna, Turkey, Chicken and beef liver have Vitamin B6 that can help decrease the ongoing pain.
- Seeds, Legumes and Nuts: Almonds, Cashews, Brown Rice, Peas and various other legumes have high amounts of Magnesium that can keep a migraine or other headaches away. Sesame seeds have the high amount of Vitamin E and magnesium and are good for the ailment.
- Fruits: The water found naturally in the fruits has many minerals that keep a migraine and other headaches at bay. Fruits like: watermelon, papaya, berries, melon, cucumber, tomatoes, cantaloupe, grapefruit, cherries, apricots, pineapples, apples, avocados must be consumed.
- Cinnamon and rosemary help in decreasing the headaches.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of ginger root reduce the inflammation that causes a headache.
Worst Foods With OLKEMBETA 50 TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Hypertension
- Limit your sodium intake to 1500 milligrams (less than one tablespoon) per day. Avoid foods like:
- Canned juices, processed foods
- Fatty food, oily food
- The more an item stays in food, the more sodium it accumulates. Canned foods need to stay longer and need preservatives. Salt is a good preservative, used in most of the canned foods. However, the longer a vegetable stays in salt, the more sodium it accumulates. Hence, it is always suggested to eat freshly cooked food, then frozen or pre-cooked food.
- Coffee: People who have low blood pressure are recommended coffee as it increases blood pressure. Those with high BP should immediately stop drinking coffee as it contains caffeine, the main culprit of hypertension.
- Alcohol: Having 3 drinks at a time can increase your blood pressure for a short while. Regularly drinking alcohol can result in long term hypertension.
What Are The Worst Foods For Migraine
Foods that trigger a migraine and other headaches and must be avoided are:
- Pickled, fermented or marinated foods contain Monosodium Glutamine (MSG), that stimulates a migraine
- Asian foods, especially the Chinese foods, contain MSG in the flavouring, so must be avoided
- Caffeine (chocolates, tea, coffee, sodas, energy drinks)
- Aged Cheese: Tyramine, a monoamine found in blue cheese, Parmesan, Cheddar induce a migraine. Smoked fish and sausages also contain the same
- Preservative Sodium Nitrate found in various fast foods must not be consumed
- Onions contain tyramine that induces a migraine
- Artificial sugar containing drinks must not be consumed
- Alcohol, the red wine specifically. Though beer and white wine can also lead to a migraine.
Do's With Usage of OLKEMBETA 50 TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Hypertension
- 30 minutes of yoga every day can help you reduce high blood pressure. Pranayama is the best yoga for controlling high BP.
- Do conscious breathing for 3o minutes every day.
- End your exercise with 5 minutes of Shavasana.
- Do the brisk walk for 30 minutes a day.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Migraine
To relax from the migraine pain or other headaches, do the following:
- Lavender oil can be inhaled or applied directly to reduce the pain
- Peppermint oil stimulates a proper flow of oxygen into the bloodstream as this is the major cause of a migraine
- Basil oil relaxes the muscles and helps reduce a headache caused due to tension or tight muscles.
Dont's With Usage Of OLKEMBETA 50 TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Hypertension
- Do not stay awake till long. Have adequate sleep.
- Reduce stress, avoid stressful situations.
- Reduce weight, if you are obese.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Migraine
- Don’t spend too much time in front of the computer, mobile or any other electronic gadget.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfOLKEMBETA 50 TABLET
What Are The Tips For Migraine
Lifestyle Changes to prevent the migraine pains:
- Have a proper sleep cycle with fixed sleeping and waking up time
- Regular Exercise
- Consume regular meals, as the dip in the sugar level, can be a cause of a migraine
- Drink adequate amount of water as dehydration can also be a cause of a migraine
- Stress is a major cause of a migraine, de-stress yourself through meditation, yoga, calm music or walk
- Additional therapies along with prescription like acupuncture, massage, and talk therapy can help reduce the ailment.