OMTAN H 12.5MG20MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Hydrochlorothiazide (12.5mg) 2) Olmesartan
Uses Of OMTAN H 12.5MG20MG TABLET
Hydrochlorothiazide is used for treating:
- First line of treatment of high blood pressure
- Swelling caused by fluid build-up due to conditions like heart failure, kidney disease, liver disease.
Other uses include:
- Renal tubular acidosis
- Diabetes insipidus
- Decreasing the risk of kidney stones in people with high calcium levels in urine.
Side Effects Of OMTAN H 12.5MG20MG TABLET
Any of the following side-effects may occur, as your body adjusts to the Hydrochlorothiazide:
- Upset stomach
Side Effects Of Salt: Olmesartan
Dizziness or light-headedness may occur for a few days as your body gets used to the medication.
Contraindications Of OMTAN H 12.5MG20MG TABLET
Before using Hydrochlorothiazide, tell your doctor if you have medical history of:
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
Contraindications Of Salt: Olmesartan
Tell your doctor before taking olmesartan, if you have any of the following conditions:
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Severe loss of body water & minerals (dehydration).
- High potassium levels in body or you are taking any potassium supplements
- Pregnant or planning to become pregnant
Hypertension, also known as high blood pressure in common language, is a long term medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is persistently elevated.
Symptoms Treated With OMTAN H 12.5MG20MG TABLET
What Are The Symptoms Of Hypertension
High blood pressure in itself usually does not cause symptoms, but long term high blood pressure is a major risk factor for coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, vision loss, stroke, heart failure, and chronic kidney disease.
Causes of diseases where OMTAN H 12.5MG20MG TABLET is used
- Wrong life style, lack of physical activity
- Eating disorders
- Old age, over weight
- Too much of salt in diet, alcohol
Worst Foods With OMTAN H 12.5MG20MG TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Hypertension
- Limit your sodium intake to 1500 milligrams (less than one tablespoon) per day. Avoid foods like:
- Canned juices, processed foods
- Fatty food, oily food
- The more an item stays in food, the more sodium it accumulates. Canned foods need to stay longer and need preservatives. Salt is a good preservative, used in most of the canned foods. However, the longer a vegetable stays in salt, the more sodium it accumulates. Hence, it is always suggested to eat freshly cooked food, then frozen or pre-cooked food.
- Coffee: People who have low blood pressure are recommended coffee as it increases blood pressure. Those with high BP should immediately stop drinking coffee as it contains caffeine, the main culprit of hypertension.
- Alcohol: Having 3 drinks at a time can increase your blood pressure for a short while. Regularly drinking alcohol can result in long term hypertension.
Do's With Usage of OMTAN H 12.5MG20MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Hypertension
- 30 minutes of yoga every day can help you reduce high blood pressure. Pranayama is the best yoga for controlling high BP.
- Do conscious breathing for 3o minutes every day.
- End your exercise with 5 minutes of Shavasana.
- Do the brisk walk for 30 minutes a day.
Dont's With Usage Of OMTAN H 12.5MG20MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Hypertension
- Do not stay awake till long. Have adequate sleep.
- Reduce stress, avoid stressful situations.
- Reduce weight, if you are obese.