OPTIMOZ TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Inositol 2) D-Chiro Inositol 3) Vitamin D3 4) Chromium picolinate
Uses Of OPTIMOZ TABLET
Inositol/ Myo-Inositol is a vitamin like substance, found in many animals and plants. It can also be made in labs.
It is used in the treatment of following diseases:
D-chiro inositol is a form of vitamin B8 is used in medicine as it:
- Reduces blood pressure, triglyceride levels, prolactin levels, luteinizing hormone levels, follicle stimulating hormone levels.
- Treats polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), obesity, insulin sensitivity.
- Regulates mood, nerve signalling.
- Improves brain and liver health.
- Bone strength
- Prevention of bone disorders like rickets, osteomalacia
- Prevention of osteoporosis
- Vitamin D is also used with other medications to treat low levels of calcium or phosphate caused by certain disorders (such as hypoparathyroidism, familial hypophosphatemia and pseudo-hypoparathyroidism).
- It may also be used in kidney disease to keep calcium levels normal and have normal bone growth.
- Vitamin D drops are given to breast-fed babies as breast milk has low levels of vitamin D usually.
Vitamin D (D2, D3, D4) is a vitamin that is fat soluble. It helps the body in absorbing phosphorus or calcium.
It is important to have adequate levels of vitamin D, phosphorus and calcium for building strong bones and also maintaining them.
Body gets vitamin D from sunlight. Any hindrance between skin and sunlight, like protective clothing, sunscreen, staying indoors or having limited exposure to sunlight, dark skin etc. may prevent absorption of vitamin D by body.
As the age advances, body’s ability of absorb sunlight reduces.
Vegetarian people are more prone to vitamin D deficiency as it is found more in animal based foods.
Chromium picolinate is an essential trace element needed for body functioning. It:
- Prevents chromium deficiency
- Reduces blood sugar levels, abnormal cholesterol levels, overweight, and depression in patients with polycystic ovaries (PCOS).
- Improves memory, blood flow, the rate of heart muscle after heart attack damage.
- Treats bipolar disorder, dysthymia.
Side Effects Of OPTIMOZ TABLET
Side Effects Of Salt: Inositol
Generally no side effects are reported if taken in appropriate amount as directed by physician.
Consult your doctor if any of the following side effects gets worsen:
- Allergic reactions such as rash, itching
No side effects of D-chiro inositol have been noted till date.
Side Effects Of Salt: Vitamin D3
Many people do not experience any side-effects of Vitamin D3, unless taken in high doses. Some of the side effects may be:
- Loss of appetite
- Metallic taste
- Dry mouth
Chromium picolinate is usually safe, but sometimes it can cause side effects such as:
- Skin irritation, headaches
- Nausea, mood changes, dizziness
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of OPTIMOZ TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Inositol
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding
Contraindications Of Salt: Vitamin D3
People with following conditions should Use vitamin D cautiously:
- Kidney disease: Vitamin D may increase calcium levels in body and increase the risk of hardening of the arteries in people having serious kidney disease. This must be balanced with the need to prevent renal osteodystrophy (a bone disease that occurs when the kidneys fail to maintain proper levels of calcium & phosphorus in blood). People with kidney disease should carefully monitor calcium levels.
- High levels of calcium in the blood
- Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis)
- Sarcoidosis (enlargement of lymph nodes)
- Over-active parathyroid gland (hyperparathyroidism):
- Vitamin D might increase calcium levels in people with above conditions. This might result in complications such as kidney stones.
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug chromium picolinate or any other allergies.
- Mental / mood changes
- Kidney disease, liver disease
- Thyroid problems
- It refers to the state of low mood or dislikes towards an activity that can affect an individual’s behaviour, thoughts, feelings and overall health. There is a feeling of severe dejection despondency. The degree of depression and the type of depression varies from a person to person. It is very important to seek professional help to get rid of depression.
Insomnia is a common disorder of sleep in which a person fails to fall asleep and also, to stay asleep even after trying. Due to lack of sleep a person might feel exhausted and irritated all the time. Insomnia can be classified into two types:
- Primary insomnia: A sleep disorder that has nothing to do with other health conditions.
- Secondary insomnia: A sleep disorder that occurs due to some other health problems like depression, cancer, asthma, heartburn and arthritis.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is a condition in which a woman’s levels of the sex hormones (estrogen and progesterone) are imbalanced. This results in the growth of ovarian cysts ( benign masses on ovaries). It can affect a woman’s fertility, menstrual cycle and cardiac function.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome can also be caused by insulin resistance, i.e., your body is not able to use insulin well.
Psoriasis is a long-lasting autoimmune disease. In psoriasis, skin cells multiply 10 times faster than their normal. The volume of underlying cells, which reach the surface of the skin and die, causes red and raised plaques. These are covered with white scales. Psoriasis usually occurs on elbows, knees, and scalp, though it may also occur on palms, soles of feet or torso.
There are mainly five types of psoriasis: plaque, inverse, guttate, pustular, and erythrodermic.
Hypertension, also known as high blood pressure in common language, is a long term medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is persistently elevated.
Bones act as splendid biological parts of the body to store calcium, anchor muscles, protect organs, and deliver body structure. To ensure that our bones are healthy, they keep on changing their size, shape, and position throughout life. New bones in the body keep forming as old bones deteriorate. Younger people develop new bones faster while the old bones break. This increases the bone density.
After a certain age, the bones in the body start depleting, but some develop various disorders, which deplete the bone mass faster compared to the normal speed. Depletion in bone health is generally characterized by two major disorders. These are:
- Osteopenia: Osteopenia is a medical disorder in which the mineral and protein content of the bone tissue reduces but not that severely. A person with osteopenia may not necessarily witness a bone fracture but still, the condition defects the bone health.
- Osteoporosis: Osteoporosis is marked as a more severe condition than osteopenia and the bones become very weak in the former condition. This is due to the loss of vitamin D and calcium leading to a more severe case and permanent damage of the bone tissue. This results in progressive depletion of the bone density.
Diabetes mellitus (type 2) is characterized by high blood sugar, relative lack of insulin and insulin resistance. It is a long term metabolic disorder.
Long term complications of diabetes are diabetic retinopathy, resulting in blindness, heart disease, strokes, kidney failure, poor flow of blood in limbs requiring amputation.
- Obesity is defined as the build-up of excessive or abnormal fat that may spoil health. BMI (body mass index) calculated by dividing the body’s mass by the square of body height, gives a rough idea of the tissue mass in an individual and helps in categorizing the individual as being underweight, normal weight or overweight.
- Obese people are prone to cardiovascular diseases, musculoskeletal abnormalities, and various kinds of cancer. Consuming healthy foods and regular physical activities can help prevent or reduce obesity.
Symptoms Treated With OPTIMOZ TABLET
What Are The Symptoms Of Depression
- The common symptoms are: feeling helpless or hopeless, lost interest in activities that used to be important, change in appetite, weight gain or loss, sleep abnormalities, anger or irritability, lack of energy, feeling of being guilty or worthless, problem in concentrating, reckless behaviour(rash driving, alcoholism, gambling, dangerous sports), or unexplained aches. The stronger, higher and for longer periods of time the symptoms persist, higher is the level of depression.
What Are The Symptoms Of Insomnia
There are various symptoms of insomnia, such as:
- Disturbed sleep.
- Not able to fall asleep even in the most comfortable environment.
- Exhaustion even after getting a sleep.
- Losing focus and staying absent minded.
- Waking up in mid-sleep.
- Short sleep span.
- Feeling anxious about one's sleep.
- Making errors while performing daily tasks.
- Persistent feeling of irritation and depression.
Abnormal or no mensuration, irregular mensuration, spotting, acne, oily skin, weight gain.
What Are The Symptoms Of Psoriasis
Symptoms of psoriasis vary from patient to patient, depending upon the type of psoriasis they have. The common symptoms of plaque psoriasis are:
- Red skin plaques covered with silver coloured loose scales. These plaques can be painful, itchy and may sometimes bleed after cracking. In severe psoriasis, the plaques of irritated skin grow and merge with each other, and cover larger areas.
- Disorder of toenails and fingernails, including pitting and discoloration of nails.
- There may be swelling and pain in joints due to psoriatic arthritis.
What Are The Symptoms Of Hypertension
High blood pressure in itself usually does not cause symptoms, but long term high blood pressure is a major risk factor for coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, vision loss, stroke, heart failure, and chronic kidney disease.
What Are The Symptoms Of Bone health
Depletion in bone health can be determined by a number of factors. Some of these symptoms have been mentioned below:
- Decreased grip strength: As people grow older, there are chances of the weakening of bones unless a healthy nutrition-intake is not part of the diet. One of the main ways of judging the weakening of bones is checking the grip strength as it involves the use of bones and muscles in the arms and hands. If a patient feels that the grip strength is depleting, then there are chances that he/she is suffering from bone health depletion.
- Bone pain: Bone pain is one of the main symptoms of the disintegration of bone health and the main reason behind it is the deficiency of vitamin D from the body.
- Decreased height: This case arises if the person is severely affected by bone health depletion. Height loss occurs when the bone tissue is reduced progressively leading to a reduction in overall height.
- Brittle and weak fingernails: If a patient's fingernails are easily breaking and losing their grip with the bone tissue, then it is likely that the person is suffering from bone loss.
- Bone fracture/ brittle bones: If bone fractures occur more often in the person, then his/her bone health may not be in a good condition.
- Receding gums: Receding gums is not an uncommon symptom. While it may not be the main symptoms for bone health disintegration, it does count as an important symptom.
Common symptoms include increased thirst, frequent urination, and unexplained weight loss. Some patients may also feel increased hunger, feeling of tiredness, and sores that do not heal.
What Are The Symptoms Of Obesity
- Abnormal weight
- Pot belly
Causes of diseases where OPTIMOZ TABLET is used
What Are The Causes Of Depression
- Depression is a brain disorder that can be caused by one or combination of factors like grief, changes in hormone levels, stress, substance abuse, genetic characteristics or stress.
- Continued grief in personal or professional life also leads to low moods and dejection.
What Are The Causes Of Insomnia
The most common causes of insomnia are:
- Psychiatric conditions: Depression, anxiety, stress.
- Lifestyle issues, working till late, sedentary lifestyle, taking naps in afternoon.
- Food Habits: Drinking too much of coffee, alcohol, nicotine, heavy food.
- Certain chemical interactions in mind.
- Certain medical conditions like pains, asthma, arthritis, Parkinson's disease.
- Watching television or using a cell phone before sleeping.
Causes of PCOS are largely unknown, though genetic conditions seem to play an important role.
What Are The Causes Of Psoriasis
- Weak immunity, in which white blood cells start attacking skin cells mistakenly.
- Wrong life style, lack of physical activity
- Eating disorders
- Old age, over weight
- Too much of salt in diet, alcohol
What Are The Causes Of Bone health
Bone health disintegration causes and possible risks are mentioned below:
- Menopause: Oestrogen produced in women helps regulate bone mass during their reproductive age. Once post-menopause stage enters in their life, the oestrogen levels start declining, leading to bone declination.
- Genetic factors: There are several individuals who are genetically prone to conditions promoting loss of bones like osteoporosis and osteopenia.
- Aging: Aging is one of the main causes of bone loss and is somewhat unavoidable.
- Lifestyle factors: A person's lifestyle can have a drastic effect on the way his/her bone health progresses. Various lifestyle factors that can cause bone health deterioration are extreme stress, too much smoking, excessive drinking of alcohol, improper diet, and lack of sedentary lifestyle and exercise.
Type 2 diabetes mainly occurs because of obesity and lack of exercise. Some people are at more risk genetically than others. Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by regular exercise, maintaining normal weight and proper diet.
What Are The Causes Of Obesity
- The major reason that leads to over-weight or obesity is the imbalance between the calories consumed and the calories burnt. The intake of high energy foods and the sedentary lifestyles has led to the global widespread of obesity.
Worst Foods With OPTIMOZ TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Depression
Food that can contribute to depression are;
- Refined Sugar causes a hike in the glucose levels that disturbs the mood, drains energy and causes sleep disturbances
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Processed foods
- Hydrogenated oils
- Food with high sodium content can affect the neurological system and thus enhance depression
- Alcohol is a Central Nervous System Depressant
- Caffeine causes sleeplessness, agitation, nervousness, depression and anxiety.
What Are The Worst Foods For Insomnia
- Alcohol, caffeine
- Spicy foods, especially in dinner
- Foods in high fat, especially just before sleeping
- High protein foods in dinner (proteins or high-fat foods are difficult to digest, hence disturb the sleep.
- Steak: Steak being hard to digest makes the body work more leading to fewer chances of a sound sleep. So, avoiding steak and other hard-to-digest meat options during the night is prudent.
- Refined carbohydrates exacerbate insulin resistance and cause inflammation, hence should be avoided.
- Foods in this category are:
- White bread, muffins, sugary desserts, breakfast pastries, white potatoes, items made with white flour, pasta noodles.
- Sugar and sugary drinks, like soda and juice, are carbohydrate and should be avoided.
- Inflammation-causing foods like margarine, French fries, and red or processed meats.
What Are The Worst Foods For Psoriasis
The following foods should be avoided as they are known to cause or increase inflammation:
- Fatty red meats
- Processed foods
- Dairy products
- Refined sugars
- Nightshade vegetables including tomatoes, potatoes and peppers.
What Are The Worst Foods For Hypertension
- Limit your sodium intake to 1500 milligrams (less than one tablespoon) per day. Avoid foods like:
- Canned juices, processed foods
- Fatty food, oily food
- The more an item stays in food, the more sodium it accumulates. Canned foods need to stay longer and need preservatives. Salt is a good preservative, used in most of the canned foods. However, the longer a vegetable stays in salt, the more sodium it accumulates. Hence, it is always suggested to eat freshly cooked food, then frozen or pre-cooked food.
- Coffee: People who have low blood pressure are recommended coffee as it increases blood pressure. Those with high BP should immediately stop drinking coffee as it contains caffeine, the main culprit of hypertension.
- Alcohol: Having 3 drinks at a time can increase your blood pressure for a short while. Regularly drinking alcohol can result in long term hypertension.
What Are The Worst Foods For Bone health
The decrease in bone health may have multiple reasons behind it, but the primary reason for bone health degradation is the kind of food a person consumes. Hence, the worst foods that should be avoided are:
- Caffeine: With the consumption of coffee, magnesium and calcium are excreted in the urine at a much higher rate. Research says that consumption of two cups of coffee can lead to bone disintegration. Also, consumption of three coffee cups takes away around 45mg of calcium from the body. This risk keeps on worsening on more and more consumption of coffee, which ultimately leads to the fracturing of the hip bone.
- Alcohol: Alcohol is one of the worst food items that increase the risks of bone health degradation. Consumption of regular alcohol deteriorates overall health, including bones. This is because alcohol acts as an inhibitor of the absorption of essential minerals as it reduces the magnesium levels in the body. Excessive intake of alcohol too can lead to bone fracture with time.
- Salts: Too much salt consumption leads to removal of calcium through the urine in the body. Sodium that is present in foods at 20% or above is not suitable for the bones, so they ought to be avoided.
- Saturated fat foods: Saturated fat is not recommended to be a part of the diet of a person suffering from bone health depletion. Saturated fat will act as a counterproductive compound, leading to the thinning of the bones. This will eventually lead to bone fracture. Some well-known foods that contain saturated fats are tropical oils, cream, butter, lard, poultry skin, and red meat.
- White bread, pastries, cakes, cookies
- Fruits like mango, bananas, melon, peaches, nectarines
- Canned juices, fruits
- White rice
- Blended coffee, ice creams, sweets
- Chinese food
- Fruit juices
- French fries
- Fatty meats
What Are The Worst Foods For Obesity
To manage overweight and obesity, following foods must be avoided:
- Sweetened beverages
- Refined grains
- Large amounts of fruit juice
- Red meat and the processed meat
- Highly processed foods
Do's With Usage of OPTIMOZ TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Depression
If you are suffering from depression following can help you:
- A proper routine can bring back a proper structure to your life that gets eliminated due to depression.
- Set goals, start from smaller goals to realise your worth.
- Regular exercise.
- Eat healthy, balanced diet.
- Have a proper sleep cycle.
- Fulfil your responsibilities.
- Correct the negative thoughts with proper logic.
- Consult a doctor.
- Try doing something new.
- Delve into fun-filled activities.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Insomnia
- Wake up early.
- Exercise, as it makes your body tired enough to induce sleep.
- Eat your dinner at least two hours before sleeping.
- Consider Ayurvedic treatment.
- Do yoga for at least 30 mins a day.
- Sleep at the same time every day, as different schedule on weekend, can also lead to insomnia.
- If one is on certain medication then he /she must consult with a doctor and see if the medication is causing Insomnia.
- Completely, cut down the consumption of alcohol, nicotine and caffeine.
- Make your room conditions comfortable like switch off the lights before you go to the bed, Set the comfortable room temperature, turn off the Television, radio or any music system and also, switch off the cell phones. Try to keep your room as clean as possible.
- Try to relax your mind and body before sleeping by taking a hot water bath, listening to soft music, meditation or light yoga.
- Manage your weight if you are overweight. Even 5 per cent of weight loss can result in significant improvement in PCOS.
- De-stress, meditate as women with PCOS can develop high-stress levels due to problems associated with the Polycystic ovarian syndrome.
- Take care of what you eat.
- Some women may experience troubled sex life. Stay positive and discuss the way-out with your partner.
- Take full sleep.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Psoriasis
Please follow your doctor’s advice. Also, you can manage the disease better and control flare ups by following the following tips:
- Keep your body moisturized because dry skin worsens the symptoms. Oily and thick moisturizers are better.
- Use a humidifier when it is dry to keep your skin moist.
- Reduce your alcohol intake.
Eat right, exercise, and maintain a healthy weight.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Hypertension
- 30 minutes of yoga every day can help you reduce high blood pressure. Pranayama is the best yoga for controlling high BP.
- Do conscious breathing for 3o minutes every day.
- End your exercise with 5 minutes of Shavasana.
- Do the brisk walk for 30 minutes a day.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Bone health
- Get enough sunlight without sunscreen, especially in morning or afternoon. If you are worried about sunburns or tanning, enrich your food with natural anti-oxidants like blueberries, raspberries, goji berries and pomegranates.
- People 50+: Skin’s ability capacity to absorb Vitamin D reduces with age. Hence, there is more need of taking Vitamin D supplements.
- Manage your weight as obese people are more prone to getting vitamin D deficiency.
- Eat foods naturally rich in vitamin D.
- Exercise: People who don't exercise are likely to lose calcium from their bones, leading to bone health depletion. Exercising can help with stretching of muscles that will ultimately keep the bones flexible, upright, and maintain the storage of calcium in them. People should exercise with the increase in weight gradually to improve the structure of the bones. Some capable exercises are brisk walking, dancing, swimming, or aerobics.
- Understand the genetic factors and act accordingly: It is prudent to know the family history of the person to learn about bone loss conditions like osteoporosis in other family members (especially mother's side). Once the research is done, act accordingly by improving dietary habits and exercising on a regular basis.
- Get a DEXA scan: DEXA is the acronym for Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry, which is used for checking the bone mineral density in a person. This scan will help to measure the bone strength so that necessary steps to prevent further bone loss can be done.
- Control your weight
- Exercise regularly
- Skip sugary drinks, processed hard to digest foods
- Limit red meat
- Choose good fat, remove bad fat from your diet
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Obesity
To prevent or reduce obesity, do the following:
- Regular exercise
- Consume vegetable-based oils rather than animal-based oils.
- Take adequate sleep
Dont's With Usage Of OPTIMOZ TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Depression
- Don’t confine yourself to four walls of your house.
- Don’t stop talking to people.
- Don’t self-medicate.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Insomnia
- Avoid short naps.
- Avoid drinking too much of alcohol, caffeine.
- Avoid checking emails, messages if you suddenly wake up in the night.
- Avoid over use of electronic devices, especially just before going to bed.
- Don’t’ smoke.
- Don’t be lazy. Exercise.
- Don’t skip your doctor’s appointment.
- Don’t lose track of your periods and missed periods can increase the risk of endometrial cancer.
- Don’t ignore symptoms of depression.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Psoriasis
- Never pick or pick your scales or patches. It can worsen your psoriasis.
- Certain medications like lithium, propranolol, quinidine etc. are known for flaring up psoriasis. Hence, avoid taking these types of medications if you have psoriasis.
- Dry and cold weather makes symptoms worse in many people. Hence, avoid dry and cold weathers. Hot weather is better, though sometimes it may not be so.
- Avoid scrapes, bumps, cuts and infections as they can flare up a condition called Koebner's phenomenon.
- Don’t go out in sun for more than 20 minutes at a stretch. Apply sunscreen before going out.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Hypertension
- Do not stay awake till long. Have adequate sleep.
- Reduce stress, avoid stressful situations.
- Reduce weight, if you are obese.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Bone health
- Don’t stay indoors for long periods.
- Do not go out in sun with screen applied as it blocks the absorption of vitamin D through the skin.
- Do not have any shield between you and sun rays (like a glass window) as it blocks the absorption of Vitamin D by the skin. Let sun ray fall directly on your skin.
- Do not use steroids for a prolonged period: There are a number of drugs, such as corticosteroids, that reduce the storage of calcium in the bones. Such steroidal drugs are meant for the treatment of various kinds of cancers in the body. While a patient may need to stick to a steroidal medication for a long period, this may result in the reduction of bone health with time. So, it is advisable to consult the healthcare specialist for periodic check-ups of the effect of such drugs on the bone density as well. If possible, such corticosteroids need to be avoided.
- Do not stress yourself: Stress is another reason for an indirect depletion of bone mass. With an increase in stress, the adrenal gland in the body fails to produce serotonin properly. This leads to the increase in cortisol in the body. High cortisol levels cause insomnia. But, in order to generate new bone tissues, sleep is necessary. With insomnia taking over the body, it will reduce a person's sleeping activity, hence leading to decrease in the rate of production of bone tissue.
- Do not keep body idle for too long: People who have bone health problems must not keep their body idle for too long. The body needs to keep moving from time to time so that the bone mass does not go waste.
- Don’t have sedentary life style
- Quit smoking and alcohol
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Obesity
- Decrease the energy intake from total sugars and fats.
- Never skip breakfast as skipping breakfast makes you consume more calories during the day.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfOPTIMOZ TABLET
What Are The Tips For Depression
To fight against depression following can help:
- Relaxation techniques (Yoga, meditation).
- Stay connected with people.
- Stay in sunlight for some time every day.
- Get professional help.
What Are The Tips For Insomnia
- Drink warm milk before sleeping.
- Drink almond milk before sleeping.
- Avoid heavy meals in dinner.
What Are The Tips For Psoriasis
- Avoid fragrances as most soaps and perfumes contain dyes & other chemicals that may irritate your skin.
- Take bath with lukewarm water and moisturize your body immediately after taking bath.
- Avoid stress and include yoga, meditation in your daily routine.
- Avoid substance use like smoking, alcohol.
- If you have a family history of osteoporosis, you need to take extra care of yourself at a younger age.
- Make exercise a habit.