ORCERIN GM TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Glucosamine 2) Vitamin D3
Uses Of ORCERIN GM TABLET
It is an amino sugar which is found naturally in human body. It is recommended for the treatment of osteoArthritis.
It is found to be beneficial in following ways:
- Helps in growth, repair and maintenance of cartilage.
- Improves flexibility of joints
- Relives Pain of Arthritis
- Supports the function and structure of joints.
- Bone strength
- Prevention of bone disorders like rickets, osteomalacia
- Prevention of Osteoporosis
- Vitamin D is also used with other medications to treat low levels of calcium or phosphate caused by certain disorders (such as hypoparathyroidism, familial hypophosphatemia and pseudo-hypoparathyroidism).
- It may also be used in kidney disease to keep calcium levels normal and have normal bone growth.
- Vitamin D drops are given to breast-fed babies as breast milk has low levels of vitamin D usually.
Vitamin D (D2, D3, D4) is a vitamin that is fat soluble. It helps the body in absorbing phosphorus or calcium.
It is important to have adequate levels of vitamin D, phosphorus and calcium for building strong bones and also maintaining them.
Body gets vitamin D from sunlight. Any hindrance between skin and sunlight, like protective clothing, sunscreen, staying indoors or having limited exposure to sunlight, dark skin etc. may prevent absorption of vitamin D by body.
As the age advances, body’s ability of absorb sunlight reduces.
Vegetarian people are more prone to vitamin D deficiency as it is found more in animal based foods.
Side Effects Of ORCERIN GM TABLET
Glucosamineis usually safe.
Side Effects Of Salt: Vitamin D3
Many people do not experience any side-effects of Vitamin D3, unless taken in high doses. Some of the side effects may be:
- Loss of appetite
- Metallic taste
- Dry mouth
Contraindications Of ORCERIN GM TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Glucosamine
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding
- Liver disease
Contraindications Of Salt: Vitamin D3
People with following conditions should Use vitamin D cautiously:
- Kidney disease: Vitamin D may increase calcium levels in body and increase the risk of hardening of the arteries in people having serious kidney disease. This must be balanced with the need to prevent renal osteodystrophy (a bone disease that occurs when the kidneys fail to maintain proper levels of calcium & phosphorus in blood). People with kidney disease should carefully monitor calcium levels.
- High levels of calcium in the blood
- Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis)
- Sarcoidosis (enlargement of lymph nodes)
- Over-active parathyroid gland (hyperparathyroidism):
- Vitamin D might increase calcium levels in people with above conditions. This might result in complications such as kidney stones.
- Osteoarthritis (OA) is also known as degenerative joint disease, degenerative arthritis is a chronic condition that can harm any join. However, the most likely affected parts are knees, hips, lower back, and neck, small joints of the fingers, thumb and the big toes’ base.
Symptoms Treated With ORCERIN GM TABLET
- Joint pain and stiffness are the major symptoms. Pain, decreased the range of movement, medication’s side-effects can further deteriorate the well-being. The decreased mobility due to OA in the knee or hip-joint can be a cause of diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure.
Causes of diseases where ORCERIN GM TABLET is used
- Aging and obesity are the most common causes, though there are many more reasons that can cause OA.
Best Foods With ORCERIN GM TABLET
Healthy eating for Osteoarthritis include the following:
- Vitamin C rich food items like papaya, guava, pineapples, oranges, grapefruit, strawberries, kiwi, raspberries, cauliflower, broccoli, bell peppers, tomatoes, etc. Vitamin C is essential for cartilage’s development.
- Vitamin D helps in decreasing the breakdown of cartilage and decreases joint space narrowing. Vitamin D rich foods are seafood (wild-caught salmon, cod, shrimp, sardines, and cod), fortified milk, egg, yoghurt, tofu, and breakfast cereals.
- A very powerful antioxidant beta-carotene eliminates the free radicals and avoids harm to the joints that they cause. Foods rich with beta-carotene are sweet potatoes, parsley, apricots, tomatoes, asparagus, peppermint leaves, cantaloupe, winter squash etc.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are a boon to the OA patients as they decrease inflammation by prohibiting the production of cytokines and the enzymes responsible for breaking down of cartilage. Foods are salmon, rainbow trout, walnuts, flaxseeds, omega-3 fortified eggs, Pacific oyster, and mackerel.
- Anti-oxidants such as quercetin and anthocyanins act as anti-inflammatory agents. Rich food sources are kale, leeks, broccoli, green tea, apricots, apples, black currant, cocoa powder, onions, and blueberries.
- Spices also act as anti-inflammatory agents, ginger and turmeric are great for OA patients.
What Are The Best Foods For Bone health
- Fish, such as salmon, mackerel, tuna and sardines
- Egg yolk
- Raw milk
- Cod liver oil
- Fortified Cereals (Whole Grain Total)
- Dairy products fortified with vitamin D3
- Calcium rich foods
- Potassium rich foods
Worst Foods With ORCERIN GM TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Osteoarthritis
Foods that make Osteoarthritis worse are:
- Refined carbohydrates
- Meat and Eggs
- Trans fats
What Are The Worst Foods For Bone health
- High-Sodium Foods: The more salt you eat, the more calcium you lose as salt causes excessive calcium excretion through the kidneys.
- Sugary snacks, high sugar items
- Soda, cola drinks as they lead to higher risk of hip bone fracture
- Alchohol: Heavy and chronic consumption of alcohol may result in decreased bone formation, higher chances of bone fracture, low bone mass, and delay in fracture healing.
- Inflammatory foods
Do's With Usage of ORCERIN GM TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Osteoarthritis
To prevent or reduce Osteoarthritis, take care of the following:
- Manage a healthy weight
- Regular Exercise
- Avoid Joint Injuries
- Wear shoes with proper fitting, shock absorbing shoes
- Cool down after physical activities.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Bone health
- Get enough sun light without sunscreen, especially in morning or afternoon. If you are worried about sun burns or tanning, enrich your food with natural anti-oxidants like blueberries, raspberries, goji berries and pomegranates.
- People 50+: Skin’s ability capacity to absorb Vitamin D reduces with age. Hence, there is more need of taking Vitamin D supplements.
- Manage your weight as obese people are more prone to getting vitamin D deficiency.
- Eat foods naturally rich in vitamin D.
Dont's With Usage Of ORCERIN GM TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Osteoarthritis
- Don’t bend knees past 90 degrees while doing half knee bends
- Avoid running on concrete.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Bone health
- Don’t stay indoors for long periods.
- Do not go out in sun with screen applied as it blocks the absorption of vitamin D through skin.
- Do not have any shield between you and sun rays (like glass window) as it blocks the absorption of Vitamin D by skin. Let sun ray fall directly on your skin.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfORCERIN GM TABLET
- Consume balanced diet
- Sleep Well
- Use hot and cold compresses for the affected joint to decrease pain, stiffness and swelling.
- Avoid substance use like smoking, alcohol.
- If you have a family history of osteoporosis, you need to take extra care of yourself at younger age.
- Make exercise a habit.