OSTEOFOS 35MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Alendronate Sodium
Uses Of OSTEOFOS 35MG TABLET
It is used in the treatment and prevention of Osteoporosis (weakness of bone).
It is found to be beneficial in both men and women in slowing down the bone loss by increasing the bone mass.
It is prescribed for treating Osteoporosis caused by Menopause or by intake of steroids.
Side Effects Of OSTEOFOS 35MG TABLET
Less severe side effects may be:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Diarrhea, Flatulence
- Inflammation of joints and pain
- Inflammation of hands and feet.
Consult your doctor if any of the following severe side effects occur:
- Taste alteration
- Oesophageal Ulcer
- Dysphagia (Difficulty in swallowing)
- Hypocalcaemia (low level of calcium)
- Hypophosphatemia (low level of phosphate)
- Pain in joints
Contraindications Of OSTEOFOS 35MG TABLET
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnancy or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding
- Kidney disorders
- GIT problems
- Malfunctioning of oesophagus
- Osteoarthritis (OA) is also known as degenerative joint disease, degenerative arthritis is a chronic condition that can harm any join. However, the most likely affected parts are knees, hips, lower back, and neck, small joints of the fingers, thumb and the big toes’ base.
Symptoms Treated With OSTEOFOS 35MG TABLET
- Joint pain and stiffness are the major symptoms. Pain, decreased the range of movement, medication’s side-effects can further deteriorate the well-being. The decreased mobility due to OA in the knee or hip-joint can be a cause of diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure.
Causes of diseases where OSTEOFOS 35MG TABLET is used
- Aging and obesity are the most common causes, though there are many more reasons that can cause OA.
Worst Foods With OSTEOFOS 35MG TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Osteoarthritis
Foods that make Osteoarthritis worse are:
- Refined carbohydrates
- Meat and Eggs
- Trans fats
Do's With Usage of OSTEOFOS 35MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Osteoarthritis
To prevent or reduce Osteoarthritis, take care of the following:
- Manage a healthy weight
- Regular Exercise
- Avoid Joint Injuries
- Wear shoes with proper fitting, shock absorbing shoes
- Cool down after physical activities.
Dont's With Usage Of OSTEOFOS 35MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Osteoarthritis
- Don’t bend knees past 90 degrees while doing half knee bends
- Avoid running on concrete.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfOSTEOFOS 35MG TABLET
- Consume balanced diet
- Sleep Well
- Use hot and cold compresses for the affected joint to decrease pain, stiffness and swelling.