PIRITEXYL SYRUP 100ML has the following salts in its composition
1) Ammonium Chloride
Uses Of PIRITEXYL SYRUP 100ML
Ammonium Chloride, an inorganic compound, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Cough (used as expectorant)
- Severe metabolic alkalosis
- Diagnosis of renal tubular acidosis
- Maintenance of acidic pH of urine in case of some urinary tract disorders.
Side Effects Of PIRITEXYL SYRUP 100ML
Some of the common side effects of Ammonium Chloride are:
- Drowsiness/ nausea/ vomiting
- Injection site reactions
- Abdominal pain
- Metabolic acidosis
Sometimes severe side effects such as the following may also be observed:
- EEG abnormalities
- Calcium deficient tetany
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of PIRITEXYL SYRUP 100ML
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Ammonium Chloride any other allergies.
- Hepatic impairment
- Renal impairment
- Cardiac edema
- Pulmonary insufficiency
- Pregnancy/ Breast feeding
- Urinary tract infection is defined as an infection of any part of the urinary system (bladder, urethra, kidneys, and ureters).
Symptoms Treated With PIRITEXYL SYRUP 100ML
Following are the symptoms UTI:
- A burning sensation while urinating
- An intense or frequent urge for urinating, though very may come out when you do so.
- Feeling shaky or tired.
- Pressure or pain in back/ lower abdomen.
- Dark, bloody, cloudy or strangely foul smelling urine.
- Chills or fever indicating that the infection may have reached the kidneys.
Causes of diseases where PIRITEXYL SYRUP 100ML is used
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are caused by microbes such as bacteria that affect the bladder, kidneys and tubes connected to them.
- Women are at greater risk of getting Urinary tract infections. It happens because the tube (called urethra), which carries the urine from the bladder to outside the body, is situated very close to the anus. Bacteria from E.coli like large intestine can easily enter the urethra after escaping the anus. They travel up to the bladder from there and keep infecting the kidney if the infection is not treated. Women have shorter urethras, making them more prone to UTIs, as bacteria can quickly enter the bladder.
- Bacteria can be introduced in urinary tract by having sex with the infected partner too.
Worst Foods With PIRITEXYL SYRUP 100ML
- Chocolate, carbonation, citrus fruits and caffeine: These can irritate the lining of the bladder, and make it easier for bacteria to stick on.
- Artificial sweeteners
- Spicy foods
Do's With Usage of PIRITEXYL SYRUP 100ML
- Drink a lot of water as it helps in flushing out the bacteria.
- Drinking one tsp of baking soda mixed in 8 ounces of fresh water helps in reducing the acidity and burning sensation in urine. However, don’t take it for more than a week as soda is high in sodium.
- If you feel cramps around your bladder, use the hot water bottle and apply heat. This will provide relief from pain.
Dont's With Usage Of PIRITEXYL SYRUP 100ML
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Urinary tract infection
- Don’t’ hold your urge to pee, as this increases the chances of multiplying the bacteria. Pee as soon as you feel the urge.
- Avoid wiping from back to front, after a bowel movement as germs can get into urethra easily.