PRICHEK GMP 2 TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Glimepiride 2) Metformin 3) Pioglitazone
Uses Of PRICHEK GMP 2 TABLET
Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Glimepiride is used to control high blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes. Controlling high blood sugar also helps in preventing kidney damage, loss of limbs, blindness, nerve problems, and sexual function problems, heart attack/ stroke. Glimepiride lowers blood sugar by causing the release of body's natural insulin.
Metformin is used for treatment of type 2 diabetes. Metformin works by helping in restoring body's proper response to the insulin one naturally produces. It also decreases the amount of sugar that one’s liver makes and that stomach/intestines absorb.
It is also used in the treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome. Metformin may increase fertility and make menstrual cycles more regular.
Pioglitazone is used for controlling high blood sugar in diabetes type 2.
Side Effects Of PRICHEK GMP 2 TABLET
Inform you doctor immediately if you experience any of the following:
- Severe skin rashes, redness, itching, or irritation
- Numbness or tingly feeling
- Pale skin, fever, easy bruising or bleeding
- Trouble breathing
- Feeling like you might pass out, unusual weakness
- Upper stomach pain, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- Clay-coloured stools; Dark urine
- Nausea, vomiting, feeling restless or irritable, loss of appetite, confusion, hallucinations, seizure, muscle pain or weakness.
Side Effects Of Salt: Metformin
Many people do not have much side-effects of metformin. Initial side-effects subside after some time. However, inform you doctor if the following symptoms persist or worsen:
- Nausea, Vomiting
- Stomach upset, diarrhoea
- A metallic taste in the mouth
- Lactic acidosis (too much accumulation of lactic acid in the body). Lactic acidosis can be fatal if not treated on time.
Some of the following side-effects may show up for some time initially:
- Weight gain
- Chest pain, tightness in chest
- Muscle pain
- Reduced urination
- Tooth pain
- Yellowness in skin or eyes
If any of the above persists for long, please inform your doctor.
Contraindications Of PRICHEK GMP 2 TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Glimepiride
Pl. inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions, before you start taking glimepiride:
- Liver Problems, Kidney Disease, Recent Operation,
- Breastfeeding mothers,
- Pituitary Hormone Deficiency,
- Addison's Disease,
- Hepatic Porphyria,
- Haemolytic Anaemia, Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase (G6PD) Deficiency Anaemia,
- Habit of Drinking Too Much Alcohol
Contraindications Of Salt: Metformin
Pl. tell your doctor if you have:
- Allergy to metformin.
- Any other allergies
- Severe breathing problems like obstructive lung disease, severe asthma, blood problems like anemia, vitamin B12 deficiency, liver disease, kidney disease.
- Renal impairment with abnormal creatinine clearance or elevated serum creatinine levels, congestive heart failure requiring pharmacologic treatment.
- Age more than 80 years.
- Any liver disease.
Contraindications Of Salt: Pioglitazone
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Liver disease
- Heart disease
- Any kind of eye problem
- Bladder cancer
Diabetes mellitus (type 2) is characterized by high blood sugar, relative lack of insulin and insulin resistance. It is a long term metabolic disorder.
Long term complications of diabetes are diabetic retinopathy, resulting in blindness, heart disease, strokes, kidney failure, poor flow of blood in limbs requiring amputation.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is a condition in which a woman’s levels of the sex hormones (estrogen and progesterone) are imbalanced. This results in the growth of ovarian cysts ( benign masses on ovaries). It can affect a woman’s fertility, menstrual cycle and cardiac function.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome can also be caused by insulin resistance, i.e., your body is not able to use insulin well.
Symptoms Treated With PRICHEK GMP 2 TABLET
Common symptoms include increased thirst, frequent urination, and unexplained weight loss. Some patients may also feel increased hunger, feeling of tiredness, and sores that do not heal.
Abnormal or no mensuration, irregular mensuration, spotting, acne, oily skin, weight gain.
Causes of diseases where PRICHEK GMP 2 TABLET is used
Type 2 diabetes mainly occurs because of obesity and lack of exercise. Some people are at more risk genetically than others. Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by regular exercise, maintaining normal weight and proper diet.
Causes of PCOS are largely unknown, though genetic conditions seem to play an important role.
Best Foods With PRICHEK GMP 2 TABLET
- Whole grains, such as brown rice, oatmeal, quinoa, millet, or amaranth
- Indian blueberry
- Brown rice
- Broccoli, hailed as super food for diabetes management
- Psyllium husk
- Cannellini beans
- Sweet potatoes
- Green leafy vegetables like collard greens
- High-fibre foods like cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, pumpkin, green and red peppers, beans, berries, lentils, almonds, sweet potatoes.
- Lean protein sources like chicken, tofu, and fish. They don’t provide fibre but are very filling and hence a healthy diet for women with PCOS.
- Foods that help in reducing inflammation like kale, spinach, tomatoes, almonds, walnuts, olive oil, fruits like blueberries, strawberries, fatty fish high in omega-3 fatty acids like salmon and sardines.
Worst Foods With PRICHEK GMP 2 TABLET
- White bread, pastries, cakes, cookies
- Fruits like mango, bananas, melon, peaches, nectarines
- Canned juices, fruits
- White rice
- Blended coffee, ice creams, sweets
- Chinese food
- Fruit juices
- French fries
- Fatty meats
- Refined carbohydrates exacerbate insulin resistance and cause inflammation, hence should be avoided.
- Foods in this category are:
- White bread, muffins, sugary desserts, breakfast pastries, white potatoes, items made with white flour, pasta noodles.
- Sugar and sugary drinks, like soda and juice, are carbohydrate and should be avoided.
- Inflammation-causing foods like margarine, French fries, and red or processed meats.
Do's With Usage of PRICHEK GMP 2 TABLET
- Control your weight
- Exercise regularly
- Skip sugary drinks, processed hard to digest foods
- Limit red meat
- Choose good fat, remove bad fat from your diet
- Manage your weight if you are overweight. Even 5 per cent of weight loss can result in significant improvement in PCOS.
- De-stress, meditate as women with PCOS can develop high-stress levels due to problems associated with the Polycystic ovarian syndrome.
- Take care of what you eat.
- Some women may experience troubled sex life. Stay positive and discuss the way-out with your partner.
- Take full sleep.
Dont's With Usage Of PRICHEK GMP 2 TABLET
- Don’t have sedentary life style
- Quit smoking and alcohol
- Don’t’ smoke.
- Don’t be lazy. Exercise.
- Don’t skip your doctor’s appointment.
- Don’t lose track of your periods and missed periods can increase the risk of endometrial cancer.
- Don’t ignore symptoms of depression.