PROLUTON DEPOT 250IN has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of PROLUTON DEPOT 250IN
Hydroxyprogesterone is also called hydroxyprogesterone caproate-OHPC. OHPC is used for treating Premenstrual syndrome, menstrual cramps, non-Cancerous but Painful lumps in breast and uterus lining Cancer.
In women with a history of pre term delivery between 20 and 36-37 weeks, OHPC is used to prevent pre term delivery.
It is used as in hormone replacement therapy meant for transgender women. It is also used to treat Acne which does not respond to several other medication attempts.
Side Effects Of PROLUTON DEPOT 250IN
Reaction at the site of injection is a common side effect. Besides this, there is a chance for blood clots, nausea, diarrhoea, itching and allergy to occur.
Contraindications Of PROLUTON DEPOT 250IN
People with a medical history of asthma, blood pressure, kidney and liver issues, diabetes, depression, breast cancer, epileptic seizure should inform the doctor.
- Premenstrual Syndrome is the physical or mental state occurring about a week before women’s menstrual cycle and causing cramps, mood swings, acne, head ache or tender breasts. The diagnosis demands the examination of the emotional and physical pattern occurring after ovulation and before the menstrual cycle and the extent to which they interfere with the normal life.
Symptoms Treated With PROLUTON DEPOT 250IN
- The symptoms vary for different women and resolve once the bleeding commences.
- Most common symptoms are cramps, mood swings, acne, head ache or tender breasts
Causes of diseases where PROLUTON DEPOT 250IN is used
- The exact cause is unknown, however hormonal changes seem to be an important factor.
Worst Foods With PROLUTON DEPOT 250IN
- Avoid cheese and saturated meat products.
- Avoid cold items like ice-cream, ice, cold drinks etc.
- The right balance of estrogen and progesterone in woman’s body is extremely important. If you have estrogen dominance and progesterone deficiency, you should avoid foods that increase estrogen levels. Foods to avoid in such condition are: Soy, sugar, dried fruits especially dried apricots, dates, and prunes, flax seeds, sesame seeds etc.
Do's With Usage of PROLUTON DEPOT 250IN
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Premenstrual syndrome
- Rest and Destress as high stress is a direct cause of low progesterone
- Keep a check on your weight
- Eating small, frequent and variety of meals helps in managing Premenstrual Syndrome.
Dont's With Usage Of PROLUTON DEPOT 250IN
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Premenstrual syndrome
- Don’t over exercise
- Don’t take coffee, alcohol.
- Socialize and try to engage yourself in activities which are not too physically demanding but emotionally satisfying.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfPROLUTON DEPOT 250IN
- Change your diet to healthier one.