PROPYDERM NF CREAM 10GM has the following salts in its composition
1) Clobetasol 2) Clotrimazole 3) Fusidic Acid
Uses Of PROPYDERM NF CREAM 10GM
It is used as topical application to treat many allergic skin conditions such as:
It works by reducing the in inflammation of the skin, redness and itching.
Clotrimazole is an azole anti-fungal medicine that works by preventing the growth of fungus. It is used to treat skin infections like:
- Athlete's foot, jock itch
- Other fungal skin infections (candidiasis).
- Pityriasis (tinea versicolor), a fungal infection that causes darkening or lightening of the skin of chest, neck, arms, or legs.
Fusidic Acid (also known as Sodium fusidate) is a bacteriostatic antibiotic used in treatment of various skin conditions caused by bacteria such as
- Atopic dermatitis
- Acne vulgaris
- Bone infections such as osteomyelitis.
- Skin infections.
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection.
It is also used to treat eye infections caused by bacteria.
It is available in the form of tablet, injections, drops, cream and ointment. It works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria and thus treats redness, itching and swelling of sores.
Side Effects Of PROPYDERM NF CREAM 10GM
Side Effects Of Salt: Clobetasol
Some of the common side-effects are:
- These may appear on first time application.
Consult your doctor if any of the following severe side effects occurs:
- Unwanted hair growth
Some of the common side-effects of clotrimazole are:
- Abdominal or stomach cramping or pain
- Nausea or vomiting
- Unpleasant mouth sensations
Some of the side-effects (in case of oral use) may be:
- Liver disease
- Dark colour urine
- Skin itching
- Light faeces
Consult your doctor if any of the above side effects occurs or gets worsen.
Contraindications Of PROPYDERM NF CREAM 10GM
Contraindications Of Salt: Clobetasol
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding
Contraindications Of Salt: Clotrimazole
Before taking clotrimazole, please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- If you are pregnant/ planning to become pregnant
- If you are breastfeeding
- If you are taking any nonprescription or prescription medicine, herbal preparation/ medicine, or dietary supplement
- If you have allergies to any foods, medicines or other substances.
Contraindications Of Salt: Fusidic Acid
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding
- Any other skin disorder like eczema, dermatitis
- Acne, known as Acne Vulgaris, is one of the commonest dermatological complaints.
- Acne is especially prevalent during puberty and young adulthood, although some people may still suffer from it into their middle years. Acne is known in the general population as "pimples."
- Acne occurs when skin pores are blocked by excess sebum (natural oil produced by the skin) and by dead skin cells. As the sebum builds up, it causes inflammation of the surrounding skin. The lump that forms under the skin because of this blockage is called a comedo. A group of lumps is called comedones.
- If not treated properly acne can lead to permanent scarring. Acne also has important psychological implications such as low self-esteem, anxiety, and depression, especially in youths.
Eczema also called atopic dermatitis, is a set of skin conditions that cause the skin inflammation and irritation.
It commonly appears on face, wrists, hands, knees or feet. It may also affect other areas.
Eczema is not contagious; hence there is no risk of it getting spread from one person to another.
Psoriasis is a long-lasting autoimmune disease. In psoriasis, skin cells multiply 10 times faster than their normal. The volume of underlying cells, which reach the surface of the skin and die, causes red and raised plaques. These are covered with white scales. Psoriasis usually occurs on elbows, knees, and scalp, though it may also occur on palms, soles of feet or torso.
There are mainly five types of psoriasis: plaque, inverse, guttate, pustular, and erythrodermic.
A fungus is a group of organisms that make spores. Fungi live mostly everywhere and usually don’t cause infections or skin growths. But, you may occasionally get fungal growths on your skin, like ringworm, jock itch, or vaginal yeast infection, athlete's foot.
Dermatitis means inflammation of the skin. However, it encompasses a range of ailments caused by different factors. This condition is typically characterized by dry, swollen, itchy, and red skin, and the good news is that this isn’t contagious.
The severity of dermatitis ranges from mild to severe; it may last a long time or may come as a sudden flare-up; some forms are more common in adults whereas others are more common in children. Some cases of dermatitis flare up according to seasons, exposure, or even stress.
Symptoms Treated With PROPYDERM NF CREAM 10GM
What Are The Symptoms Of Acne
- Acne starts out as comedones. People with acne present with blackheads, whiteheads, cysts, pustules (commonly known as “pimples”) or nodules (lumps that form under the skin). Often people with acne suffer from an oily skin complexion.
- Acne is classified as either inflammatory or non-inflammatory acne.
- Comedones are non-inflammatory acne. They can either be closed (whiteheads) or open (blackheads). The color of a blackhead is not debris or an indication of bad skin hygiene, but melanin (the skin’s surface pigment).
- Inflammatory acne occurs when bacteria invade the skin, causing papules or pustules (pimples). Nodules and cysts are also inflammatory lesions. Nodules are deeper skin lesions, while cysts are fluid-filled lumps.
- Acne usually presents in common areas of increased oil production such as the forehead, nose, chin, chest and upper back.
- Acne can be classified as mild, moderate or severe, depending on the amount and type of lesions.
What Are The Symptoms Of Eczema
Eczema, irrespective of the part of body affected, has following symptoms:
- Dark, thick and patchy skin
- Cracked and rough skin
What Are The Symptoms Of Psoriasis
Symptoms of psoriasis vary from patient to patient, depending upon the type of psoriasis they have. The common symptoms of plaque psoriasis are:
- Red skin plaques covered with silver coloured loose scales. These plaques can be painful, itchy and may sometimes bleed after cracking. In severe psoriasis, the plaques of irritated skin grow and merge with each other, and cover larger areas.
- Disorder of toenails and fingernails, including pitting and discoloration of nails.
- There may be swelling and pain in joints due to psoriatic arthritis.
- Darkening of skin, redness
- Rashes or small bump
What Are The Symptoms Of Dermatitis
In dermatitis, the skin becomes dry, itchy, red and sometimes swollen. However, there are different types of dermatitis affecting different parts of the body and exhibit varying symptoms.
Types of dermatitis and their symptoms:
- Atopic dermatitis or eczema: Generally, children get atopic dermatitis in the first year. Skin becomes dry and has scaly patches. This may be seen on forehead, cheeks and scalp. Infants are often seen rubbing against the bedding to relieve themselves of the itching sensation. Sometimes excessive scratching can lead to skin infection.
- Contact dermatitis: We get this type of dermatitis when something touches our skin and we get a rash. It can either be an allergen which causes the rash (poison ivy, nickel, jewellery, makeup) or an irritant (diaper rash, acid, and soaps). The skin shows an allergic or irritant reaction when it comes in contact with some substances. The skin may develop burns, blisters or may just be itchy.
- Seborrheic dermatitis: This is commonly called cradle cap. Here the skin appears scaly and is greasy and reddish or yellowish in colour. This condition is seen in infants and appears on the scalp, face and genitals.
- Statis dermatitis: This is caused due to poor blood circulation in legs. This causes swelling and may further lead to skin irritation, especially around the ankles.
- Dyshidrotic eczema: This involves a group of skin problems in which the skin cannot protect itself which results in itchy, dry skin.
- Nummular dermatitis: This generally appears after the skin has had an injury like an insect bite, a burn or an abrasion. The skin develops coin or oval-shaped sores which last for weeks or months.
- Neurodermatitis: This condition begins with an itch on the skin of different parts of the body including genitals. Stress is believed to be the cause for this.
Causes of diseases where PROPYDERM NF CREAM 10GM is used
What Are The Causes Of Acne
- Causes of acne are multifactorial. There are many myths surrounding causes and home remedies.
- Genetics play the largest role (estimated in 80%) of acne cases.
- Hormones, especially increased testosterone during puberty, play the second biggest role. Androgens increase the production of sebum by the skin’s oil glands as well as an increased production of cells found in the skin’s epidermis (top layer).
- Hormonal changes during normal menstrual cycles, as well as pregnancy also play a role in women.
- The bacteria, Propionibacterium Acnes, which is usually found on the skin, is another important role player. The areas of inflamed skin surrounding comedones make it easier for bacteria to accumulate and grow.
- Although there are many myths surrounding diet in acne, there are few scientific conclusions around its actual role. Carbohydrates and milk products have shown some suggested links, but none are definitive.
- Facial hygiene is important, but plays a small role, especially in severe acne.
What Are The Causes Of Eczema
Exact causes of eczema are still unknown, but it is often triggered by an overactive response by body’s immune system to an irritant. People who have the family history of certain allergies or asthma are more at risk of developing eczema.
Certain foods like nuts or dairy products can also trigger eczema. Environmental factors or pollens also trigger eczema in some patients.
What Are The Causes Of Psoriasis
- Weak immunity, in which white blood cells start attacking skin cells mistakenly.
- Weakened immune system
- Certain medications like antibiotics
- Keeping skin wet for long
- Swimming in infected water
- Using contaminated items like towel, clothes
What Are The Causes Of Dermatitis
Causes of dermatitis vary depending on the type of dermatitis.
- Contact dermatitis: Happens when a person comes in contact with an irritant or an allergen.
- Atopic dermatitis: This condition is caused by a combination of factors like environmental factors, dry skin, bacteria or genetic factors.
- Seborrheic dermatitis: This is due to the presence of yeast in oil glands of the skin and gets worse in spring and winter season. This may be genetic in some people.
- Statis dermatitis: Poor blood circulation in the skin, especially in the lower legs and feet causes this condition.
Some factors which are known to trigger episodes of dermatitis are:
- Environmental changes.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Irritating substances.
Worst Foods With PROPYDERM NF CREAM 10GM
What Are The Worst Foods For Acne
- Avoid foods with a high-glycaemia component (simple sugars/carbohydrates)
- White rice, Rice cakes, Potatoes, Puffed cereals, White Bread, Pasta, Sugar in any form- Honey, and fructose (bananas, mangoes, apricots, pineapples)
- Some studies have linked dairy to acne, although the response is based on the individual
- If you have excluded both carbohydrates and dairy from your diet, and you still struggle with acne, it is advised to consult your doctor for treatment
- If you are already on treatment for acne, eliminating these foods may be complementary.
What Are The Worst Foods For Eczema
Following foods may not cause allergies, but can trigger inflammation. Hence, if you have eczema, you should limit your intake of:
- Soy, Soy sauce, pickles, spicy foods
- Dairy products
- Foods containing preservatives or having artificial ingredients. Foods in this category are fast foods, junk foods, trans fats, margarine etc.
- Oranges, tomato, grapes and grape products like wine, grape juice etc. Grapes are rich in MSG, which worsens eczema.
- Kiwi fruit, a strongly acidifying food.
- Avocado, good food to have in the diet when you don’t have eczema. But those who have eczema should avoid it as it worsens the disease.
What Are The Worst Foods For Psoriasis
The following foods should be avoided as they are known to cause or increase inflammation:
- Fatty red meats
- Processed foods
- Dairy products
- Refined sugars
- Nightshade vegetables including tomatoes, potatoes and peppers.
- Poor eating habits lead to the poor immune system, which in turn leads to the risk of catching the fungal infection. You should avoid:
- Eating stale food, bacteria laden water.
- Too much use of anti-biotics, as weakens the immune system.
- High amounts of processed foods (especially sugar).
- Foods with high glycemic acid (white bread, most white rice, high sugar breakfast cereals).
- Dairy products except for probiotic yoghurt.
- Nuts and seeds like Cashews and pistachios which have the high content of carbohydrates.
- Smoked meat.
What Are The Worst Foods For Dermatitis
Sometimes dermatitis is caused due to food allergies and common food substances which are known to cause allergies are:
- Gluten, nuts.
- Soy products, cow's milk.
- Fish, chocolate.
- Corn, acidic foods like tomatoes, oranges, and lime.
- Nightshade vegetables like all varieties of peppers.
Do's With Usage of PROPYDERM NF CREAM 10GM
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Acne
- Consult your doctor sooner rather than later. Early treatment is important, especially for moderate to severe acne, to prevent scarring
- Sunlight has some anti-inflammatory effects. Moderate sunlight exposure may help curb the inflammation, but be sure to use a non-comedogenic sunscreen
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Eczema
- Moisture your skin frequently.
- Keep sweat to the minimum to avoid flare ups.
- Identify your eczema triggers and avoid them.
- Wear cotton clothes. Wear loose clothes.
- Avoid hot water baths and it can lead to flare ups. Take room temperature baths.
- If you need to do a work, which requires affected parts to get wet, try some protection (e.g. gloves on hands if you have eczema on hands)
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Psoriasis
Please follow your doctor’s advice. Also, you can manage the disease better and control flare ups by following the following tips:
- Keep your body moisturized because dry skin worsens the symptoms. Oily and thick moisturizers are better.
- Use a humidifier when it is dry to keep your skin moist.
- Reduce your alcohol intake.
Eat right, exercise, and maintain a healthy weight.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Fungal infection
- Keep your skin dry as wet skin often can cause fungal infection. People who sweat more are more likely to get the fungal infection. So, wipe your body dry frequently if you perspire heavily.
- Wash all towels/ clothes in warm soapy water
- Keep you bath tub dry and disinfected. Clean it especially after every bath.
- Take vitamins and probiotics to improve your immune system.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Dermatitis
Different people are allergic to different substances. Identify what triggers dermatitis and try to avoid contact with them. Other ways to control the condition are:
- Use a mild and fragrance-free soap for bathing.
- Have a bath with warm water, not too hot. Hot water tends to dry the skin.
- Limit your bath time.
- Adding bath oil may help in moisturizing the skin while bathing.
- Adding oatmeal to the bath helps soothe the skin.
- Apply moisturizer to the skin while still in the bathroom. This makes absorption of the moisturiser faster and seals it in.
- Wear clothes made from natural fibres like cotton.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes.
- Use moisturizer regularly.
- Opt for mild fragrance free detergents to wash clothes
Dont's With Usage Of PROPYDERM NF CREAM 10GM
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Acne
- Skin moisture balance is essential. Do not over dry your skin with cleaning products. Over drying will cause the skin to produce more sebum, creating a vicious circle.
- Do not use facial scrubs too often, as the exfoliation may worsen the skin’s irritation
- Although it can be very tempting, do not "squeeze" the acne as it causes a spread of bacteria, that can lead to more acne, and may result in scarring.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Eczema
- Don’t scratch the itchy skin.
- Avoid extreme temperatures.
- Avoid tight clothes.
- Avoid synthetic clothes.
- Avoid stress as it can increase the irritation.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Psoriasis
- Never pick or pick your scales or patches. It can worsen your psoriasis.
- Certain medications like lithium, propranolol, quinidine etc. are known for flaring up psoriasis. Hence, avoid taking these types of medications if you have psoriasis.
- Dry and cold weather makes symptoms worse in many people. Hence, avoid dry and cold weathers. Hot weather is better, though sometimes it may not be so.
- Avoid scrapes, bumps, cuts and infections as they can flare up a condition called Koebner's phenomenon.
- Don’t go out in sun for more than 20 minutes at a stretch. Apply sunscreen before going out.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Fungal infection
Since fungal infections are contagious, you should take special care of the following:
- Avoid scratching the infected area
- Do not share infected person’s clothes, towel or comb.
- Sometimes, water in swimming pools also may also cause fungal infection. Check if you experience continuous itching or rashes after swimming.
- Avoid works which require long term exposure to water like washing clothes, cleaning utensils etc., if you have the fungal infection in your hands.
- Avoid taking too much of anti-biotics, immune suppressants and steroids, as they cause increased risk of getting fungal infections.
- If you have the fungal infection in your feet, do not wear close shoes. Use flip flops instead.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Dermatitis
- Avoid scrubbing the body with loofahs.
- Avoid extremely hot or extremely cold weather.
- Avoid very humid or very dry air.
- Avoid wearing clothes made of scratchy skin which can irritate the skin.
- Avoid stress as in some people stress can trigger dermatitis.
- Avoid scratching the skin as it can further flare up. Keep nails short and try wearing gloves at night to keep yourself from scratching in sleep.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfPROPYDERM NF CREAM 10GM
What Are The Tips For Acne
- Zinc and Omega 3 supplementation can be added to maintain normal skin function. Increase water intake (2 liters per day) to help your body detoxify.
- Natural oils, such as tea tree oil, applied topically oil has shown some benefit in mild acne. It is always best to consult your physician first before using any complementary products, as it may interfere with other medications that you are on.
What Are The Tips For Psoriasis
- Avoid fragrances as most soaps and perfumes contain dyes & other chemicals that may irritate your skin.
- Take bath with lukewarm water and moisturize your body immediately after taking bath.
- Avoid stress and include yoga, meditation in your daily routine.
What Are The Tips For Dermatitis
If you are diagnosed with dermatitis, keep track of things that you come in contact with and things that you eat. If you repeatedly get a flare up after touching or eating a particular thing, you have to eliminate it from your lifestyle. Identifying such triggers and avoiding them will help in preventing flare-ups and managing the disease efficiently.