PROPYGENTA NF CREAM 30GM has the following salts in its composition
1) Clobetasol 2) Neomycin
Uses Of PROPYGENTA NF CREAM 30GM
It is used as topical application to treat many allergic skin conditions such as:
It works by reducing the in inflammation of the skin, redness and itching.
Neomycin is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- To reduce risk of infections after intestinal surgery
- Bacterial infections
- Hepatic encephalopathy (brain problems)
Side Effects Of PROPYGENTA NF CREAM 30GM
Side Effects Of Salt: Clobetasol
Some of the common side-effects are:
- These may appear on first time application.
Consult your doctor if any of the following severe side effects occurs:
- Unwanted hair growth
Side Effects Of Salt: Neomycin
The common side effects of neomycin are:
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea
Sometimes severe ( but rare) side effects may be:
- Numbness/tingling of legs
- Weakness, difficulty in walking
- Muscle twitching, seizures
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of PROPYGENTA NF CREAM 30GM
Contraindications Of Salt: Clobetasol
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding
Contraindications Of Salt: Neomycin
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug neomycin or any other allergies.
- Intestinal problems
- Hearing problems
- Parkinson’s disease
- Kidney problems
- Acne, known as Acne Vulgaris, is one of the commonest dermatological complaints.
- Acne is especially prevalent during puberty and young adulthood, although some people may still suffer from it into their middle years. Acne is known in the general population as "pimples."
- Acne occurs when skin pores are blocked by excess sebum (natural oil produced by the skin) and by dead skin cells. As the sebum builds up, it causes inflammation of the surrounding skin. The lump that forms under the skin because of this blockage is called a comedo. A group of lumps is called comedones.
- If not treated properly acne can lead to permanent scarring. Acne also has important psychological implications such as low self-esteem, anxiety, and depression, especially in youths.
Eczema also called atopic dermatitis, is a set of skin conditions that cause the skin inflammation and irritation.
It commonly appears on face, wrists, hands, knees or feet. It may also affect other areas.
Eczema is not contagious; hence there is no risk of it getting spread from one person to another.
Psoriasis is a long-lasting autoimmune disease. In psoriasis, skin cells multiply 10 times faster than their normal. The volume of underlying cells, which reach the surface of the skin and die, causes red and raised plaques. These are covered with white scales. Psoriasis usually occurs on elbows, knees, and scalp, though it may also occur on palms, soles of feet or torso.
There are mainly five types of psoriasis: plaque, inverse, guttate, pustular, and erythrodermic.
- Bacteria are the single celled, microscopic organisms which are essential for many processes of human body and a few of them are responsible for causing harm. A bacterial infection refers to the condition when there is accumulation of harmful bacteria inside or on the human body.
When the brain function declines due to severe disease of the liver, this condition is known as hepatic encephalopathy. It occurs when the liver cannot remove the toxins from the blood properly, which results in the build-up of toxins in the blood leading to brain damage.
Hepatic Encephalopathy is of 2 types – chronic (long term) and acute (short-term). The patient suffering from hepatic encephalopathy can also go into a coma.
Acute hepatic encephalopathy occurs due to severe disease of the liver and this mainly occurs in people suffering from the following conditions:
- Toxic Hepatitis:Caused due to drugs (prescription or recreational), chemicals, alcohol or supplements.
- Acute Fulminant Viral Hepatitis:Severe kind of viral hepatitis that occurs suddenly.
- Reye’s Syndrome:This is usually a serious condition that occurs in children and causes sudden inflammation of the liver and the brain. This is condition is quite rare.
Acute hepatic encephalopathy can also reflect a symptom of liver failure.
Chronic hepatic encephalopathy can be recurrent or permanent.
- Permanent Hepatic Encephalopathy:This is usually seen in patients who suffer from permanent neurological problems like spinal cord injury or seizure disorder and also don’t respond to medical treatment. Permanent hepatic encephalopathy is a rare condition.
- Recurrent Hepatic Encephalopathy: In this case, the person can have several episodes of hepatic encephalopathy through their lives and require continual treatment to stop the development of the symptoms. This form of hepatic encephalopathy is usually seen in patients with severe liver cirrhosis.
There are 4 stages of hepatic encephalopathy
- In the 1st stage, the sleep patterns may get affected and the patient may suffer from restlessness, anxiety and depression.
- In the 2nd stage, there may be personality changes, with an inability to complete mental tasks and the patient may suffer from disorientation.
- In Stage 3, the behaviour may become more aggressive and bizarre. The patient may suffer from paranoia and speech may become difficult to understand.
- In Stage 4, the patient may go into a coma and becomes unresponsive to any pain or treatment.
Symptoms Treated With PROPYGENTA NF CREAM 30GM
What Are The Symptoms Of Acne
- Acne starts out as comedones. People with acne present with blackheads, whiteheads, cysts, pustules (commonly known as “pimples”) or nodules (lumps that form under the skin). Often people with acne suffer from an oily skin complexion.
- Acne is classified as either inflammatory or non-inflammatory acne.
- Comedones are non-inflammatory acne. They can either be closed (whiteheads) or open (blackheads). The color of a blackhead is not debris or an indication of bad skin hygiene, but melanin (the skin’s surface pigment).
- Inflammatory acne occurs when bacteria invade the skin, causing papules or pustules (pimples). Nodules and cysts are also inflammatory lesions. Nodules are deeper skin lesions, while cysts are fluid-filled lumps.
- Acne usually presents in common areas of increased oil production such as the forehead, nose, chin, chest and upper back.
- Acne can be classified as mild, moderate or severe, depending on the amount and type of lesions.
What Are The Symptoms Of Eczema
Eczema, irrespective of the part of body affected, has following symptoms:
- Dark, thick and patchy skin
- Cracked and rough skin
What Are The Symptoms Of Psoriasis
Symptoms of psoriasis vary from patient to patient, depending upon the type of psoriasis they have. The common symptoms of plaque psoriasis are:
- Red skin plaques covered with silver coloured loose scales. These plaques can be painful, itchy and may sometimes bleed after cracking. In severe psoriasis, the plaques of irritated skin grow and merge with each other, and cover larger areas.
- Disorder of toenails and fingernails, including pitting and discoloration of nails.
- There may be swelling and pain in joints due to psoriatic arthritis.
- The symptoms of bacterial infections are running nose, cough, headache, restlessness. The signs of bacterial infection can be easily confused with viral infection; doctors can make out the difference by examining particular signs.
The symptoms of moderate hepatic encephalopathy are:
- Personality changes
- Difficulty in thinking
- Poor concentration
- Forgetfulness and brain fog, confusion
- Loss of small hand movements and having problems with handwriting
- Sweet breath odor or musty breath
- Poor judgement
The symptoms of severe hepatic encephalopathy include:
- Drowsiness or lethargy, confusion
- Seizures, anxiety, fatigue
- Serious personality changes
- Confused speech, slow movements, shaky hands
Causes of diseases where PROPYGENTA NF CREAM 30GM is used
What Are The Causes Of Acne
- Causes of acne are multifactorial. There are many myths surrounding causes and home remedies.
- Genetics play the largest role (estimated in 80%) of acne cases.
- Hormones, especially increased testosterone during puberty, play the second biggest role. Androgens increase the production of sebum by the skin’s oil glands as well as an increased production of cells found in the skin’s epidermis (top layer).
- Hormonal changes during normal menstrual cycles, as well as pregnancy also play a role in women.
- The bacteria, Propionibacterium Acnes, which is usually found on the skin, is another important role player. The areas of inflamed skin surrounding comedones make it easier for bacteria to accumulate and grow.
- Although there are many myths surrounding diet in acne, there are few scientific conclusions around its actual role. Carbohydrates and milk products have shown some suggested links, but none are definitive.
- Facial hygiene is important, but plays a small role, especially in severe acne.
What Are The Causes Of Eczema
Exact causes of eczema are still unknown, but it is often triggered by an overactive response by body’s immune system to an irritant. People who have the family history of certain allergies or asthma are more at risk of developing eczema.
Certain foods like nuts or dairy products can also trigger eczema. Environmental factors or pollens also trigger eczema in some patients.
What Are The Causes Of Psoriasis
- Weak immunity, in which white blood cells start attacking skin cells mistakenly.
- Bacterial Infections can be caught by someone’s sneezing, coughing, sex, contaminated food or water, infected pets or livestock.
The actual cause of hepatic encephalopathy is not known and is usually caused due to toxin build-up in the blood which enters the brain. The toxins can also cause damage to the nerves and other organs.
Hepatic encephalopathy can be caused by:
- Kidney problems
- Infections like pneumonia
- Hypoxia or low levels of oxygen
- Trauma or surgery
- Medications used to suppress the immune system
- Eating excessive protein
- Electrolyte imbalance due to a fall in potassium levels after taking diuretics or vomiting
- Medications like benzodiazepine tranquillizers or barbiturates which suppress the nervous system
Worst Foods With PROPYGENTA NF CREAM 30GM
What Are The Worst Foods For Acne
- Avoid foods with a high-glycaemia component (simple sugars/carbohydrates)
- White rice, Rice cakes, Potatoes, Puffed cereals, White Bread, Pasta, Sugar in any form- Honey, and fructose (bananas, mangoes, apricots, pineapples)
- Some studies have linked dairy to acne, although the response is based on the individual
- If you have excluded both carbohydrates and dairy from your diet, and you still struggle with acne, it is advised to consult your doctor for treatment
- If you are already on treatment for acne, eliminating these foods may be complementary.
What Are The Worst Foods For Eczema
Following foods may not cause allergies, but can trigger inflammation. Hence, if you have eczema, you should limit your intake of:
- Soy, Soy sauce, pickles, spicy foods
- Dairy products
- Foods containing preservatives or having artificial ingredients. Foods in this category are fast foods, junk foods, trans fats, margarine etc.
- Oranges, tomato, grapes and grape products like wine, grape juice etc. Grapes are rich in MSG, which worsens eczema.
- Kiwi fruit, a strongly acidifying food.
- Avocado, good food to have in the diet when you don’t have eczema. But those who have eczema should avoid it as it worsens the disease.
What Are The Worst Foods For Psoriasis
The following foods should be avoided as they are known to cause or increase inflammation:
- Fatty red meats
- Processed foods
- Dairy products
- Refined sugars
- Nightshade vegetables including tomatoes, potatoes and peppers.
Foods that must not be consumed if suffering from Bacterial Infection are:
- Unpasteurized and contaminated dairy products
- Protein foods (raw meat, tofu, eggs and fish)
- Raw and dirty fruits15vegetable sprouts
- Salads from market
- Refrigerated salsa
- Uncooked grain and miso products
- Brewed tea
- Unpasteurized juices
- Herbal Supplements
- Avoid eating a lot of meat, as this may cause the production of too much of ammonia which is harmful to the liver and switch to other sources of protein such as dairy, legumes, beans, vegetables, etc.
- If the condition of hepatic encephalopathy has been caused due to eating too much of protein, then avoid high-protein foods like red meat, fish, eggs and poultry.
- Avoid too much of salt in your food and avoid salty foods like bacon, salted nuts, hot dogs, canned foods, etc as this aggravates the condition of hepatic encephalopathy.
- Avoid sugary foods and beverages like fruit juice, soda, energy drinks, canned fruit, breakfast cereal, candies, etc as these worsens the symptoms of hepatic encephalopathy.
- Avoid fatty foods like fries, burgers, fast food, etc., as these foods are very harmful to the liver.
Do's With Usage of PROPYGENTA NF CREAM 30GM
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Acne
- Consult your doctor sooner rather than later. Early treatment is important, especially for moderate to severe acne, to prevent scarring
- Sunlight has some anti-inflammatory effects. Moderate sunlight exposure may help curb the inflammation, but be sure to use a non-comedogenic sunscreen
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Eczema
- Moisture your skin frequently.
- Keep sweat to the minimum to avoid flare ups.
- Identify your eczema triggers and avoid them.
- Wear cotton clothes. Wear loose clothes.
- Avoid hot water baths and it can lead to flare ups. Take room temperature baths.
- If you need to do a work, which requires affected parts to get wet, try some protection (e.g. gloves on hands if you have eczema on hands)
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Psoriasis
Please follow your doctor’s advice. Also, you can manage the disease better and control flare ups by following the following tips:
- Keep your body moisturized because dry skin worsens the symptoms. Oily and thick moisturizers are better.
- Use a humidifier when it is dry to keep your skin moist.
- Reduce your alcohol intake.
Eat right, exercise, and maintain a healthy weight.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Bacterial Infections
- The habit of washing hands frequently must be developed.
- Keep the household objects that are used by many clean (Telephones, keys, doorknobs, taps, sink etc.).
- Wash fruits and vegetables well before eating.
- Toys for toddlers must be kept clean.
- Get properly vaccinated.
- Take care of general well being.
- Keep your ears neat.
- Don’t use cotton swabs, hairpins or clips for cleaning your ears.
By preventing or managing the liver disease, you can prevent hepatic encephalopathy and taking these steps can help to reduce the risk of liver disease such as:
- Avoiding alcohol.
- Maintaining a healthy weight.
- Following a healthy diet and avoiding foods that are high in fat.
- Avoiding drugs or sharing needles.
Taking care to avoid contracting viral hepatitis by following steps such as:
- Washing hands after using the bathroom or changing diapers.
- Avoiding close contact with people suffering from viral hepatitis.
- Avoiding sharing needles.
Changing your diet and eating smaller and more frequent meals than 3 big meals in a day thereby reducing the period of fasting.
Treating any infection immediately.
Treating urinary blockages immediately.
Dont's With Usage Of PROPYGENTA NF CREAM 30GM
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Acne
- Skin moisture balance is essential. Do not over dry your skin with cleaning products. Over drying will cause the skin to produce more sebum, creating a vicious circle.
- Do not use facial scrubs too often, as the exfoliation may worsen the skin’s irritation
- Although it can be very tempting, do not "squeeze" the acne as it causes a spread of bacteria, that can lead to more acne, and may result in scarring.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Eczema
- Don’t scratch the itchy skin.
- Avoid extreme temperatures.
- Avoid tight clothes.
- Avoid synthetic clothes.
- Avoid stress as it can increase the irritation.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Psoriasis
- Never pick or pick your scales or patches. It can worsen your psoriasis.
- Certain medications like lithium, propranolol, quinidine etc. are known for flaring up psoriasis. Hence, avoid taking these types of medications if you have psoriasis.
- Dry and cold weather makes symptoms worse in many people. Hence, avoid dry and cold weathers. Hot weather is better, though sometimes it may not be so.
- Avoid scrapes, bumps, cuts and infections as they can flare up a condition called Koebner's phenomenon.
- Don’t go out in sun for more than 20 minutes at a stretch. Apply sunscreen before going out.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Bacterial Infections
- Avoid consuming contaminated or easily mishandled food.
- Don’t consume stale food
- Avoid smoking and being a passive smoker.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Hepatic encephalopathy
- Avoid medications like narcotics and sedatives which can cause liver problems.
- Avoid alcohol completely, as it harms the liver cells and causes liver damage.
- Avoid electrolyte abnormalities, for instance, low levels of potassium increase the risk of hepatic encephalopathy.
- Avoid medications that suppress the central nervous system.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfPROPYGENTA NF CREAM 30GM
What Are The Tips For Acne
- Zinc and Omega 3 supplementation can be added to maintain normal skin function. Increase water intake (2 liters per day) to help your body detoxify.
- Natural oils, such as tea tree oil, applied topically oil has shown some benefit in mild acne. It is always best to consult your physician first before using any complementary products, as it may interfere with other medications that you are on.
What Are The Tips For Psoriasis
- Avoid fragrances as most soaps and perfumes contain dyes & other chemicals that may irritate your skin.
- Take bath with lukewarm water and moisturize your body immediately after taking bath.
- Avoid stress and include yoga, meditation in your daily routine.
Following yoga and meditation can help to reduce anxiety and stress and can be beneficial for the condition of hepatic encephalopathy.