PSPN CAPSULE has the following salts in its composition
1) Pumpkin seed oil 2) Saw palmetto 3) Nettle root extract 4) Cranberry extract
Uses Of PSPN CAPSULE
Saw palmetto is used in the treatment of:
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), baldness, chronic pelvic syndrome, neurogenic bladder.
- Bleeding after prostate surgery, increased breast size.
- Cold, cough, sore throat, asthma, migraine headache, chronic bronchitis.
Nettle root extract is the product from stinging nettle plant (herb) which is also known as urtica dioica. It is widely used to:
- Treat joint pain, urinary tract infections (UTI), muscle pain, osteoarthritis, ulcers, bleeding conditions in the digestive tract, hay fever
- Reduce excess water in body, inflammation, itching, sneezing
- Relieve symptoms of enlarged prostate gland (benign prostatic hyperplasia)
Cranberry extract a medicinal fruit used in traditional medicine as it:
- Prevents urinary tract infections (UTI)
- Reduces benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), cold and flu symptoms, urine odor.
- Improves wound healing.
- Improves liver function
Side Effects Of PSPN CAPSULE
Saw palmetto is usually safe, but sometimes it can cause side effects such as:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Dizziness, constipation
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Nettle root extract is usually safe, but in some cases like overdose may cause side effects such as:
- Stomach upset, water retention, diarrhea
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Cranberry extract is usually safe, but in some cases like an overdose, it may cause:
- Kidney stones
- Mild stomach upset
Contraindications Of PSPN CAPSULE
Contraindications Of Salt: Saw palmetto
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug saw palmetto or any other allergies.
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding
- Any recent surgery
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug nettle root extract or any other allergies.
- Low blood pressure
- Blood clotting disorder
- Kidney problems
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Atrophic gastritis
- Low stomach acid
- Kidney stones
- Asthma is a chronic inflammatory condition of the airways in the lungs. Asthma can either be allergic (most common) or non-allergic.
- Allergic asthma is due to an allergic response known as a type 1 hypersensitivity reaction. People with asthma’s airways are hypersensitive to certain triggers. The allergic reaction causes narrowing of the small airways and leads to "air trapping" (known as an obstructive airway disease)
- There are different types of asthma- childhood onset asthma (usually before the age of 5), adult-onset asthma, exercise-induced asthma and aspirin induced asthma. Some asthma is known as seasonal asthma and occurs only at certain times of the year, usually with the changing of seasons such as during autumn or spring.
- Asthma is diagnosed with lung function tests. A spirometer or a PEFM (Peak Expiratory Flow Meter) is used in conjunction with a bronchodilator. The meter is used to assess your lung function before and after inhaling a fast-acting bronchodilator. A diagnosis of asthma is made when there is an improvement in lung function of more than 20% (PEFM) or more than 12%(when using a spirometer) after the bronchodilator is inhaled.
- Asthma is diagnosed when a patient has suggestive symptoms and a positive bronchodilator test.
This disease commonly known as BPH is an enlarged prostate. This prostate gland surrounds the urethra or a bigger prostate may squeeze and block the urethra. It is a very common disease and occurs with almost all the men whereas all men over age 50 have BPH, and it’s not a severe problem. This disease is also believed as a cause of cancer, but it is just a myth.
- Migraine is a result of some abnormal activities in the brain that cause a severe headache. This is accompanied by over-sensitivity to light, sound or particular kind of smells.
When the skin is irritated, you often feel like scratching. This is known as an itch or medically, it is called pruritus. Itching is a very common problem that everyone undergoes. Itching can be limited to a particular area of the body (localized) or occurring in different parts or all over your body (generalized).
Usually, generalized itching that occurs throughout the body is quite difficult to treat compared to a localised itch. Itching can occur with or without any redness, rashes, blisters, bumps or any visible signs on the skin, And, if you have an itch with some visible abnormality in the skin, then you should have it checked by your doctor.
- Osteoarthritis (OA) is also known as degenerative joint disease, degenerative arthritis is a chronic condition that can harm any join. However, the most likely affected parts are knees, hips, lower back, and neck, small joints of the fingers, thumb and the big toes’ base.
- Urinary tract infection is defined as an infection of any part of the urinary system (bladder, urethra, kidneys, and ureters).
Symptoms Treated With PSPN CAPSULE
What Are The Symptoms Of Asthma
- Symptoms of asthma are typically a wheezy or "tight" chest, shortness of breath and recurrent or persistent coughing that is worse at night and early mornings. Coughing or tight chest are often also present after exercise.
- Exercise-induced asthma typically only produces symptoms after exercise.
- Sometimes, there is hardly any symptom of the disease as it includes mild and hardly noticeable pain but very rarely it can be serious too. The symptoms become worse during the winter season and also due to stress. Generally, the symptoms of BPH involve problems related to bladder storage and emptying. Some of the most common symptoms are: -
- Frequent Urination.
- Weakness in the flow of urine.
- An uncontrollable urge to urinate.
- Pain during urination.
- Bleeding in urination.
- Waking at the night to urinate.
- Bladder spasm.
What Are The Symptoms Of Migraine
- Though not all the migraine pains are similar, few common symptoms are: moderate to severe throbbing pain in either side of the head, which increases during any physical activity, sweating, temperature change of the body, abdominal pain, nausea, pain in the eyes etc.. There may be sensitivity to noise, smell and light.
What Are The Symptoms Of Itching
Some of the symptoms associated with itching are:
- Dry skin, rashes
- Cracked skin, redness of the skin
- Flaky scalp
- Bumps appearing on the skin, spots on the skin
- Blisters, scaly or leathery skin texture
- Joint pain and stiffness are the major symptoms. Pain, decreased the range of movement, medication’s side-effects can further deteriorate the well-being. The decreased mobility due to OA in the knee or hip-joint can be a cause of diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure.
Following are the symptoms UTI:
- A burning sensation while urinating
- An intense or frequent urge for urinating, though very may come out when you do so.
- Feeling shaky or tired.
- Pressure or pain in back/ lower abdomen.
- Dark, bloody, cloudy or strangely foul smelling urine.
- Chills or fever indicating that the infection may have reached the kidneys.
Causes of diseases where PSPN CAPSULE is used
What Are The Causes Of Asthma
- Mostly asthma starts in childhood and is often outgrown in early adulthood. Some asthmatics may, however, need treatment lifelong.
- Asthma has a strong genetic component and is part of the so-called "atopic triad" in childhood which includes allergic rhinitis, atopic dermatitis (eczema) and asthma.
- Early insult to a child's lungs such as neonatal pneumonia or bronchitis may play a role in developing asthma later.
- People with asthma have individual triggers. These triggers are commonly sensitivities to house-dust mites, grass, pollen, animal dander, dairy, wheat, nuts and soy products. Chest infections, cold air or air pollution can also trigger an attack.
- Adult onset starts in the early twenties. There is speculation about possible causes; genetics, smoking and a history of allergies seem to play the biggest part. It affects females more than males.
- Asthma can be caused/ triggered due to any of the following reasons:
1. Airborne substances like pollen, dust mites, pet dander or particles of cockroach waste.
2. Respiratory infections such as common cold
3. Exercise-induced asthma
4. Cold air
5. Air pollutants like smoke
6. Certain medications including beta blockers, aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen
7. Strong emotions, stress
8. Foods which contain Sulphites and preservatives
9. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Asthma is a combination of environmental and genetic factors, as many people live in same conditions. Still, some people get asthma and some don’t.
The actual cause of BPH is still unknown whether many types of research studies have concluded some of the facts. Thus, here are some possible causes of BPH: -
- Normal ageing.
- Genetics is also a possible cause as it has been observed Africans are more likely to have this problem other than Asian men.
- Obesity as men with overweight has higher a risk than others.
- Changes in the balance of sex hormones.
What Are The Causes Of Migraine
Though real cause of migraine is still not known, possible causes could be:
- Central nervous disorder
- Genetic predispositions
- Abnormalities in brain chemical or nerve pathways
- Abnormalities in blood vessel system of brain, or vascular system.
- Things which can trigger the attack of migraine are skipping meals, salty foods, junk foods, hormonal changes, sensory triggers like exposure to light, noise or certain kinds of smells.
What Are The Causes Of Itching
Itching can be caused due to several reasons such as:
- Dry skin (xerosis) due to over-exposure to heating or air conditioning, bathing or washing a lot, old age, etc.
- Sunburn (exposure to UV rays).
- Insect stings and bites (mosquitoes, fleas, ants, etc.).
- Infestations like hair lice, pubic lice.
- Skin problems such as psoriasis, atopic dermatitis (eczema), scabies, chickenpox, etc.
- Diseases and disorders like anemia, thyroid problems, hyperthyroidism, kidney failure, liver disease, cancers such as lymphoma, leukemia, etc.
- Allergic reactions to food, chemicals, soaps, poison ivy, cosmetics and other substances.
- Reactions to drugs such as antifungal drugs, medications for pain, antibiotics, etc.
- Exposure to the sun.
- Nerve disorders such as shingles, diabetes mellitus, multiple sclerosis, pinched nerves, etc.
- Anxiety, stress and other emotional conditions.
- Genital or anal itching caused due to STDs (sexually transmitted diseases), yeast infections in women, etc.
- Swimmer’s itch (cercarial dermatitis due to parasites released by snails in the sea and freshwater).
- Itching of the scalp due to psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, dandruff, etc.
- Aging and obesity are the most common causes, though there are many more reasons that can cause OA.
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are caused by microbes such as bacteria that affect the bladder, kidneys and tubes connected to them.
- Women are at greater risk of getting Urinary tract infections. It happens because the tube (called urethra), which carries the urine from the bladder to outside the body, is situated very close to the anus. Bacteria from E.coli like large intestine can easily enter the urethra after escaping the anus. They travel up to the bladder from there and keep infecting the kidney if the infection is not treated. Women have shorter urethras, making them more prone to UTIs, as bacteria can quickly enter the bladder.
- Bacteria can be introduced in urinary tract by having sex with the infected partner too.
Worst Foods With PSPN CAPSULE
What Are The Worst Foods For Asthma
- Foods with preservatives added to them
- Wine, beer
- Eggs (for children, as some children are allergic to eggs)
- Excessive salt in food
- Oily, fatty foods
What Are The Worst Foods For Migraine
Foods that trigger a migraine and other headaches and must be avoided are:
- Pickled, fermented or marinated foods contain Monosodium Glutamine (MSG), that stimulates a migraine
- Asian foods, especially the Chinese foods, contain MSG in the flavouring, so must be avoided
- Caffeine (chocolates, tea, coffee, sodas, energy drinks)
- Aged Cheese: Tyramine, a monoamine found in blue cheese, Parmesan, Cheddar induce a migraine. Smoked fish and sausages also contain the same
- Preservative Sodium Nitrate found in various fast foods must not be consumed
- Onions contain tyramine that induces a migraine
- Artificial sugar containing drinks must not be consumed
- Alcohol, the red wine specifically. Though beer and white wine can also lead to a migraine.
What Are The Worst Foods For Itching
- If you are allergic to foods such as shellfish, fish, eggs, nuts, milk, peanuts, soy and wheat, it could cause itching. So, you must avoid these foods if you are allergic to any of them. For instance, if you’re allergic to wheat, then you should eliminate foods like bread, cereals, pasta, crackers, snack foods, etc.
- Certain foods like yeast, eggplant, spinach, mackerel, wine, tuna, etc. contain histamine, which can cause sensitivity and itching. So, it is a good idea to avoid these foods.
- Avoid alcohol and beverages containing caffeine as they cause dehydration and worsen the condition of itching.
What Are The Worst Foods For Osteoarthritis
Foods that make Osteoarthritis worse are:
- Refined carbohydrates
- Meat and Eggs
- Trans fats
- Chocolate, carbonation, citrus fruits and caffeine: These can irritate the lining of the bladder, and make it easier for bacteria to stick on.
- Artificial sweeteners
- Spicy foods
Do's With Usage of PSPN CAPSULE
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Asthma
- Identify your asthma triggers and avoid them.
- Always cover yourself fully (especially chest, feet and ears) before going out in cold weather.
- Avoid exercises beyond your physical stamina. Do not over exert.
- Always wear pollution mask if you are staying in high pollution area.
- If asthma is hampering your day to day activities, pl. consult your doctor as he might change your medication.
- Wash your bed sheets and pillow covers every week in hot water to get rid of dust mites.
- Reduce stress.·
- Consult your general practitioner or paediatrician early if your child shows symptoms of asthma. Asthma can be potentially life-threatening, especially in an acute episode.
- Make sure your asthma is controlled. Follow-up with your doctor six months to review and adjust your treatment is necessary. If your asthma is well controlled, your doctor may consider tapering down your treatment.
- Consider doing an allergy test- blood or skin prick. If you have allergic asthma, it will be helpful to know what the triggers are and how to avoid them
Here are some tips for better management of this disease:
- Urinate at the first urge. Make sure to urinate before going to the bed.
- Regulate the fluid intake. Drink moderately.
- Relax more.
- Keep warm and exercise regularly.
- Learn special pelvic strengthening exercises.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Migraine
To relax from the migraine pain or other headaches, do the following:
- Lavender oil can be inhaled or applied directly to reduce the pain
- Peppermint oil stimulates a proper flow of oxygen into the bloodstream as this is the major cause of a migraine
- Basil oil relaxes the muscles and helps reduce a headache caused due to tension or tight muscles.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Itching
- You can use a cold application to deaden the itch, as both the itch as well as the cold, travel the same path along the nerve fibers.
- You can pour cool running water over the affected area or place a cool cloth on the affected skin.
- You can have a cool shower.
- A cool bath with colloidal oatmeal or baking soda can provide relief from itching.
- You can apply an ice pack over the affected area.
- Make use of a soothing moisturizing cream or lotion on the affected area.
- Use gels or creams that provide a cooling effect to the skin such as calamine or some lotion with 1% menthol.
- Keep the affected area covered, so that you don’t scratch and bruise the area.
- Cut your nails short and wear gloves at night so that you don’t scratch the itching parts.
- Use sunscreen to prevent itching caused due to sunburn.
- Keep your skin well-hydrated with moisturizers to prevent itching due to dry skin.
- Take preventive measures to avoid STDs, lice infestations, tick infestations, etc. that can cause itching.
- Use a humidifier in your room, as the steam helps to soothe itching skin.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Osteoarthritis
To prevent or reduce Osteoarthritis, take care of the following:
- Manage a healthy weight
- Regular Exercise
- Avoid Joint Injuries
- Wear shoes with proper fitting, shock absorbing shoes
- Cool down after physical activities.
- Drink a lot of water as it helps in flushing out the bacteria.
- Drinking one tsp of baking soda mixed in 8 ounces of fresh water helps in reducing the acidity and burning sensation in urine. However, don’t take it for more than a week as soda is high in sodium.
- If you feel cramps around your bladder, use the hot water bottle and apply heat. This will provide relief from pain.
Dont's With Usage Of PSPN CAPSULE
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Asthma
- Avoid pets.
- Remove carpets and soft toys from the room of your child as these accumulate dust, dust mites which trigger an asthma attack.
- Avoid dampness in the house. Let fresh air come in. Keep all areas of your house dry.
- Do not smoke, avoid being close to people who smoke.
- Avoid burning of incense (Pooja agarbatti) at home, since it triggers an asthma attack.
- Avoid going to kitchen when food is being cooked, especially frying etc.·
- Do not delay seeking treatment when you suspect to have a chest infection. Because your airways are hyper reactive, an infection can easily trigger an acute asthma attack.
- Do not leave your house without your reliever pump or allow your medication to run out. An acute episode can occur at any time and may be fatal.
- Do not smoke if you have asthma or smoke around your child who has asthma. Passive smoking's effects are just as harmful.
Here are some don’ts which experts believe that can help the patient a lot. Thus, pay an attention to it.
- Do not drink too much of fluids.
- Do not take stress or tension about the petty things.
- Do not take painkillers and medicines without a prescription.
- Do not smoke and overeat.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Migraine
- Don’t spend too much time in front of the computer, mobile or any other electronic gadget.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Itching
- Avoid a hot bath or shower, as it may provide temporary relief but make you feel a lot itchier later on.
- Avoid substances and things that aggravate the itching such as detergent, rough clothing, perfumed soap, jewelry, some cleaning product, etc.
- Avoid scratching the affected area, as this could lead to the parts becoming infected.
- Avoid stress as this worsens the itching.
- Avoid wearing polyester, wool or clothes made of synthetic materials as they cause the itching to worsen. Wear cotton clothes.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Osteoarthritis
- Don’t bend knees past 90 degrees while doing half knee bends
- Avoid running on concrete.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Urinary tract infection
- Don’t’ hold your urge to pee, as this increases the chances of multiplying the bacteria. Pee as soon as you feel the urge.
- Avoid wiping from back to front, after a bowel movement as germs can get into urethra easily.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfPSPN CAPSULE
What Are The Tips For Asthma
Having a nebuliser at home will be helpful for acute asthmatic episodes.
- Here are some other tips which can also be beneficial for the patient: -
- Take plenty of time in urination.
- Do practice meditation and yoga for refreshing.
- Do not sit for long in the same position as it can worsen the situation.
What Are The Tips For Migraine
Lifestyle Changes to prevent the migraine pains:
- Have a proper sleep cycle with fixed sleeping and waking up time
- Regular Exercise
- Consume regular meals, as the dip in the sugar level, can be a cause of a migraine
- Drink adequate amount of water as dehydration can also be a cause of a migraine
- Stress is a major cause of a migraine, de-stress yourself through meditation, yoga, calm music or walk
- Additional therapies along with prescription like acupuncture, massage, and talk therapy can help reduce the ailment.
What Are The Tips For Itching
Stress can make the condition of itching worse and you can use techniques such as meditation, counseling, behavior therapy and yoga to relieve stress.
Some home remedies to reduce or stop itching are:
- You can apply camphor or menthol over the itching are to numb the nerve endings and stop you from scratching.
- Adding baking soda to a tub of warm water and soaking in it for around 30-60 minutes can help to reduce itching. Also, you can make a paste with 3 parts of baking soda with 1 part water and apply it to the affected part can help to reduce itching.
- Applying a paste of oatmeal to the affected part can help to reduce itching. You can also add colloidal oatmeal to your bath water and soak in it to soothe the itching.
- You can soak some apple cider vinegar in cotton balls and apply it to the affected parts to reduce the itching. You can also soak in bath water with apple cider vinegar added to it to provide relief.
- Milk has inflammatory properties, so dipping a cloth in some milk and applying it to the affected part can help to soothe dry, inflamed and itchy skin.
- Heat some honey and apply it to the affected skin while it is still warm. Leave it for around 15 minutes and wash it off. Honey has anti-microbial and antioxidant properties that help to calm the itching.
- Essential oils such as calendula oil, lavender oil, chamomile oil, rosemary oil, thyme oil, nettle oil geranium oil, etc. have anti-inflammatory properties which can help to relieve itchy skin. You can add them directly to the skin or add it to your bath water.
- Rubbing almond, sesame, olive or coconut oil on the skin before a shower can help to reduce itching.
- Applying lemon juice on the itchy skin can help to reduce the irritation.
- Coconut milk can help to reduce dryness and relieve itching of the skin.
- A salve made by combining cloves, juniper berries, and some unsalted butter and applying it on the itchy skin can help in providing relief.
- Adding some dried basil to boiling water and applying the liquid to the itchy skin can provide relief as basil contains a topical anesthetic, eugenol, which is beneficial for itching.
- Make a mint tea by boiling mint leaves in water and applying the tea to the affected portion with a clean cloth can help to relieve itching as mint contains menthol that has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Thyme contains thymol which is an anesthetic and also has anti-inflammatory properties. Making tea with thyme in boiling water and applying it to the affected parts can soothe itching.
- Applying some juice of aloe vera can help to relieve itching.
- Glycerine draws water into the body and has a hydrating, cooling effect and helps to reduce itching.
- Consume balanced diet
- Sleep Well
- Use hot and cold compresses for the affected joint to decrease pain, stiffness and swelling.