RELIF DROP 5ML has the following salts in its composition
1) Carboxymethyl cellulose 2) Oxychloro Complex
Uses Of RELIF DROP 5ML
Carboxymethyl cellulose is used for treating:
Oxychloro complex is a preservative in ophthalmic drops.
Side Effects Of RELIF DROP 5ML
Minor burning sensation, stinging might happen when used for the first time.
Contraindications Of RELIF DROP 5ML
- Dry eye syndrome is a condition, in which lacrimal glands do not produce enough moisture or tears that are required to maintain the health of eye surface.
Eye Infections can be caused by bacteria, virus, or fungal agents. Symptoms can include redness, reduced vision, discharge, and irritation.
Infections can affect any part of the eye, like eyelids, cornea, and retina. Some common eye infections are blepharitis (inflammations of eye lids), pink eye, and trachoma (bacterial infection of the eye).
Symptoms Treated With RELIF DROP 5ML
- The symptoms are sore, itchy, dry and red eyes. The eyes are often heavy and fatigued and can also lead to photophobia (light sensitivity). Watery eyes can also be a symptom as dry eyes can over-stimulate the production of lubricator.
Common symptoms of eye infection are:
- Redness in eyes
- Persistent Itching
- Flaking of eye lids
- Blurred vision
- Watery eyes
- Discharge from eyes, eye pain
- Swollen eyelids, swelling around eye
Causes of diseases where RELIF DROP 5ML is used
- Dry Eye Syndrome can happen due to lack of adequate lubrication and moisture on the eye’s surface for a long period of time. A problem with any of the three components of tear film can lead to dry eye syndrome.
Most eye infections are caused by:
- Bacteria usually present on the skin surface. Touching contaminated objects and then touching or rubbing the eyes can also transmit the infection.
- Sharing of personal items such as towels, pillows, handkerchiefs and cosmetics.
- People who wear contact lenses are more prone to eye infections. The reason for the same is that there is decreased the supply of oxygen reaching their corneas. Also, bacterial or fungal buildup may be caused by improper disinfection of their contact lenses.
- Trauma to the eye/ eye surgery can increase the risk of getting eye infections.
Best Foods With RELIF DROP 5ML
Dry eye syndrome sufferers must have the following:
- Purified water
- Omega-3 fatty acids are responsible for the production of aqueous layer of the tear film(Fish-oi, cold water fish, flax seed oil, flax seeds)
- Fruits and vegetables (especially the dark leafy ones like kale, spinach, chard). These contain anti-oxidants and help in reducing oxidation.
- Potassium and zinc rich foods. Zinc is required for the functioning of many enzymes and potassium is essential for the good health of cells.
- Potassium rich foods are almonds, dates raisins, figs, avocados, bananas, pecans. Brewer’s yeast, dulse, fish, legumes, mushrooms, sunflower seeds, and whole grains are rich in zinc.
What Are The Best Foods For Eye Infection
- Vitamin C, vitamins B6, B9, B12 and vitamin E, zinc, omega-3 fatty acids help to keep the eyes healthy.
- Foods beneficial for eye health are:
- Fresh fruits & vegetables that are good sources of vitamins C & E.
- Dark green leafy vegetables like spinach, which contain vitamin E, lutein.
- Yellow and orange fruits and vegetables are high in beta carotene.
- Fatty fishes like tuna, mackerel, sardines and herring are rich sources of omega 3 fatty acids.
- Vegetables, eggs, milk and meat contain zinc.
- Liver, bananas, potatoes, and dried beans supply vitamin B6.
- Peas, citrus fruits, mushrooms, and nuts contain folic acid.
- Poultry, shellfish and dairy foods provide vitamin B12.
- Omega-3 fatty acids and minerals such as zinc are also important.
- Antioxidants like lutein help in preventing the accumulation of waste matter in the retina and thus lowering the risk of eye diseases like age related macular degeneration and cataract.
Worst Foods With RELIF DROP 5ML
To take care of dry eye syndrome avoid the following:
- Alcohol consumption
- Junk food
What Are The Worst Foods For Eye Infection
- Margarine and vegetable oils are man-made using chemicals and processing. They contain very high polyunsaturated fats, which are unstable and easily oxidise in the body. Oxidised fats can cause mutations in cells, as well as inflammation in turn leading to clogged arteries.
- Fried foods. Oil not only leads to clogged arteries, but the arterial plaque can lead to higher blood pressure, which is dangerous to the eyes.
- Commercially-prepared cookies and cakes are loaded with Trans-fats. Trans-fats are ill-known for increasing the LDL ‘bad’ cholesterol, responsible for arterial blockages. Trans-fats also raise triglycerides levels in the blood, which contribute to fatty deposits in arteries.
- Crackers mostly come loaded with trans-fats that may clog the arteries. If the intricate blood vessels get clogged, the build-up of pressure within the eye will be tremendous. If the flow of blood in the eye is blocked, it cuts off the supply of oxygen and nutrients. This can lead to decreased or distorted vision or an eye stroke.
- Sweetened drinks get their sweet flavour from added sugars, which are proven to increase the risks for elevated triglyceride levels and high blood pressure. All of this can cause trouble for the cardiovascular system and eyes.
Do's With Usage of RELIF DROP 5ML
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Dry Eye Syndrome
Dry Eye Syndrome can be taken care of by following:
- Use of artificial tear drops or lubricants
- Take frequent short breaks while using computer
- Blink more
- Keep eyes clean
- Use good quality sunglasses
- Eye makeup must be properly removed
- Warm compresses can be used to soften the hard meibum.
- Wash your eyes 3-4 times a day.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Eye Infection
- If you are using any other kind of eye medication, wait at least 5 - 10 minutes before using other medications.
- If you are using compresses to treat infections, dispose of them off immediately so that others contact the contaminated objects.
Dont's With Usage Of RELIF DROP 5ML
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Dry Eye Syndrome
The following must be followed to take care of dry eye syndrome:
- Use of contact lens must be avoided or minimised
- Avoid getting dehydrated, so drink plenty of water (8-10 glasses per day).
- Do not spend too much time on the computer, mobile screen or TV.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Eye Infection
- Don’t wear contact lenses if you have any kind of eye infection.
- Tobramycin may cause unstable vision temporarily after applying. Do not drive or do any activity which may require clear vision unless you are sure to perform them safely.