RISDONE MT 0.5 TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of RISDONE MT 0.5 TABLET
Risperidone, an atypical antipsychotic, is used for treating:
It works by balancing the chemicals in the brain and helps in thinking clearly.
Side Effects Of RISDONE MT 0.5 TABLET
Common side effects of risperidone are:
- Movement problems
- Constipation, increased weight
- Sleepiness, trouble seeing
Contraindications Of RISDONE MT 0.5 TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Risperidone
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Kidney disease, heart disease
- Liver disease
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Seizures, dementia, Parkinson's disease
- Low white blood cells
- Glaucoma, cataracts
- Personal or history of diabetes
- High cholesterol
- Sleep apnea
Autism, called as Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), is a complex mental condition that occurs from early childhood. It is considered to be a state in which communicating and interacting with others is hard.
Bipolar disorder (BD), which is a mental illness, is characterized by excessive mood swings, varying from low to high and high to low. The disorder also shows mixed signs of mood swings, which can lead to depression and elation simultaneously.
Bipolar disorder symptoms usually appear in later years of teenage or early years of adulthood. There are many cases of these disorders in children as well. Bipolar disorder is more commonly diagnosed in women than men, but there is no clear reason for such a difference till date.
Bipolar disorder is characterized by several types. The disorder also includes several other disorders such as depression and hypomania. Symptoms from any of these disorders can lead to sudden and unexpected changes in the behavior and mood, which can lead to hardships and distress in life.
Bipolar I disorder: In this disorder, the patient experiences at least one manic episode that follows a depressive or hypomanic episode. In certain cases, there is also triggering of psychosis.
Bipolar II disorder: This one is characterized by a depressive episode and at least one hypomanic episode. However, the patient may not witness a manic episode.
Cyclothymic disorder: This one is usually for at least two years in adults or one year in teenagers and children. It shows up with several cycles of depressive and hypomanic symptoms. However, this one is less severe compared to major depression.
Other types: This one covers various disorders that have been induced due to medical conditions, like Cushing's disease, stroke or multiple sclerosis, and also, alcohol and drugs.
Schizophrenia is a severe and chronic mental disorder, which affects the way a person thinks, behaves or feels. Schizophrenia in children is very rare and its symptoms usually start between 16-30 years of age.
People with schizophrenia often seem as if they have lost touch with reality.
Symptoms Treated With RISDONE MT 0.5 TABLET
What Are The Symptoms Of Autism
The indications vary with the age group. But there some common signs: problems in social relations and interactions, monotonous behaviours and compulsive interests.
- Lack of non-verbal interacting skills like eye-to-eye contact, facial expressions, body position.
- Failing to move along with the persons of their age.
- No interest in sharing their experiences, happiness and pleasure with others.
- Not able to understand the feelings of others.
- No, respond to calling one’s name by the first birthday
- Losing curiosity in playing, sharing, talking with other children
- Chooses to be alone
- Rejects bodily contact
- Delay in speech and language skills
- Speaking in a mechanised tone
- Echolalia – saying the same sentence over and over
- Rare usage of gestures and not recognising them
- Not identifying jokes or cynicism
Bipolar signs cover up a number of symptoms. Some of these are:
- The person feels extremely happy for a prolonged period.
- The person may feel insomniac or does not feel like sleeping.
- Increase in the talking speed, mostly with hurried thoughts or may talk very slow.
- An extreme level of impulsive and restless feeling.
- The person may also be easily distracted.
- He/she may also become overconfident in his/her abilities.
- The person may take more risks in life, such as in gambling or having impulsive sex.
- The person may also feel hopeless or sad for a prolonged period.
- He/she may also lose interest in social and enjoyable activities.
- The Appetite of the person is also affected.
- Lack of energy or fatigue is experienced.
- Lack of decision-making, concentration, and memory.
- Feeling suicidal.
Symptoms of Schizophrenia can be categorized into following three categories:
1. Positive symptoms: Psychotic behaviours, not seen in healthy people normally. People having positive symptoms sometimes lose touch with some aspects of reality. Positive symptoms may be:
- Movement disorders
- The dysfunctional or unusual way of thinking, thinking disorder.
2. Negative symptoms: Negative symptoms disrupt normal behaviours and emotions. Some of the symptoms are:
- Flat affect: Expression of emotions through voice, tone or face reduces.
- The feeling of pleasure reduces in everyday life.
- Lesser speaking
- Difficulty in starting or sustaining activities.
3. Cognitive symptoms: These are subtle for some and severe for others. Patients may experience changes in memory or other thinking aspects. Cognitive symptoms include:
- Executive functioning: Poor ability to understand, process and make use of information for decision making.
- Trouble in focusing or paying attention.
- Problems with working memory: the ability to make use of information immediately after learning it.
Causes of diseases where RISDONE MT 0.5 TABLET is used
What Are The Causes Of Autism
Autism is not caused by a single reason. A genetic disorder is one of the bases for this problem to exist.
- Fragile x chromosome
- Congenital rubella syndrome
- Some risky medicines injected during pregnancy
- Prenatal environment like advanced age of parents
There are not one but many causes of bipolar disorder. These include:
- Genetic factors: Several pieces of research have shown that genetic causes may lead to bipolar disorder. There are high chances of its emergence in a person who has a family member affected with the same disorder.
- Biological factors: Biological disorder patients have also been found in patients who have been noted to have physical changes in their brains.
- Neurotransmitter imbalances: A number of mood-related disorders are due to the brain-chemical imbalances, and they can lead to bipolar disorders as well.
- Environmental causes: Causes that are included in environmental factors are mental stress, abuse, isolation, etc. Studies say that patients may not show signs of bipolar disorder unless they are triggered due to environmental factors.
Exact causes of schizophrenia are unknown; however, a combination of physical, environmental, certain factors like genetic and psychological factors seems to play an important role in the development of schizophrenia.
Some factors that can lead to schizophrenia are as follows:
- Brain development
- Changes in levels of neurotransmitters
- Complications during birth.
- Drug abuse
Worst Foods With RISDONE MT 0.5 TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Autism
- Foods that have gluten: Gluten foods such as wheat, barley, oats, rye, bran, etc., are to be avoided.
- Foods that have casein: Casein-rich foods are also a cause of inflammation in Autism patients, so foods like yoghurt, cottage cheese which contain casein are to be avoided.
- Foods with artificial flavourings and colourings are also to be avoided. These include chocolates, cakes, candies, sweets, soft drinks, energy drinks, etc.
Foods to avoid when suffering from bipolar disorder are:
- Caffeine: Caffeine has been used for generations as a stimulant for impairing sleep. However, insomnia or sleep deprivation is one of the primary trigger symptoms of bipolar disorder, which is why it needs to be avoided. Many experts recommend avoiding caffeinated drinks as they promote anxiety and affect sleeping patterns that may lead to bipolar manic and depressive triggers.
- Alcohol: This is perhaps one of the worst foods on the list for bipolar disorder patients. Alcohol is a counterproductive item that causes bipolar mood triggers in a patient. Moreover, alcohol has ingredients that can react with lithium (which is one of the main ingredients in BD medications), hence negatively impacting the patient. In addition, according to a research done in 2015, bipolar disorder patients were found to die at an early age due to consumption of alcohol.
- Sugar: High consumption of sugar can lead to increase in weight or obesity. This may increase the belly fat of the bipolar disorder patient, hence making it tougher for the medicines to help stop triggers and regulating the disorder.
- Salt: Consumption of too much salt while on medications can lead to negative reactions such as the increase in the levels of lithium in the body of the bipolar disorder patient.
- Fatty foods: Anyone who looks forward to following a healthy diet ought to avoid fatty foods that contain trans and saturated fats. Similarly, a bipolar patient also needs to stop consuming such unhealthy food items. Not only do such foods promote unhealthy bodily functions and obesity, but also reduces the effect of medicines on the body. So, it is recommended that the patient is not treated with fatty foods such as whole eggs, whole fish, cheese, extra virgin olive oil, nuts, chia seeds, etc.
What Are The Worst Foods For Schizophrenia
- Carbonated drinks full of sugary syrup are dangerous for people with schizophrenia.
- Gluten rich foods like pasta, bread, barley
- Dried fruits (these have high sugar content and reduce a key hormone of the brain called BNDF)
- Processed foods as they can cause nutritional deficiencies
- Stimulants like caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine.
Do's With Usage of RISDONE MT 0.5 TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Autism
Family members of the patient should be:
- Staying constructive and positive
- Developing a consistent schedule to be followed
- Allowing plenty of time to get settled
- Explaining things clearly
- Assisting to build healthy social interactions
- Getting support from groups
- Helping the patient identify their strengths and weaknesses
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Bipolar disorder
Few Dos for treating bipolar disorder are:
- Controlling stress: The patient needs to keep a regular schedule that needs to be followed to ensure a healthy mood.
- Practicing sound sleeping habits: People with bipolar disorder are said to have sleeping problems, which is why it is prudent to follow a regular pattern for sleeping.
- Get therapy: Experts recommend therapies for curbing bipolar disorder. A recommended therapy for this decreasing bipolar disorder is a cognitive behavioural therapy that will help patients in following a good schedule and understanding/interpreting thoughts and events. Besides this therapy, the patient can also go for interpersonal therapy that will help in building up sound relationships with other people.
- Be social: It is important to indulge more in social activities to cope with bipolar disorder. Socializing helps in regulating mood swings. If possible, the person should indulge in sports and other enjoyable hobbies with friends and family.
- Keep track of the side effects: Medications related to bipolar disorder can sometimes lead to side effects such as kidney problems, pancreatitis. So, if the medications of the bipolar disorder patient are not being tracked for side effects, then it could lead to more potential problems.
- Monitor the various triggers: A number of reasons, such as sleep deprivation, isolation from society, slipping away from a normal routine, etc., can lead to trigger of manic or depressive episodes that can cause bipolar disorders. It is thus important to monitor all triggers associated with changes in the patient's life such as joining a new job, going to college or divorcing a spouse.
- Get support from friends and family: For bipolar patients, isolated thoughts can lead to a much messed-up situation. It is therefore advisable to find support through family and friends by letting them know what you are going through. With their support, perhaps, you will be able to deduce the triggers that lead to such episodes, thus helping you stop from experiencing one.
- Avoid weight gain by exercising and following a healthy diet plan: Medications related to bipolar disorder contain antipsychotic chemicals that result in weight gain in certain patients. So, it is important to regulate the weight by exercising and keeping up with a healthy diet plan.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Schizophrenia
If you have a family member with schizophrenia, remember that:
- A delusion doesn’t go away by reasoning and hence no discussion is needed.
- Separate the person from the disorder. Love the person, irrespective of your hate for the disorder.
- You may need to renegotiate your emotional relationship and to revise your expectations.
- Strange behaviour is the symptom of the disorder. Hence, don't take it personally.
- You are not alone. Sharing your feelings and thoughts with others in a support group is helpful and relieves stress.
Dont's With Usage Of RISDONE MT 0.5 TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Autism
Family members of the patient should not be:
- Extending the waiting time
- Trying physical contact prior explaining them the reason
- Assuming something without consulting the guardian or the responsible person
- Disregarding the fact an autistic person may not understand the literal meaning
- Exposing them to a loud environment
- Misunderstanding when the person is not responding
- Giving sudden surprises, sudden changes in food
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Bipolar disorder
Certain Don'ts that should be considered while coping with bipolar disorder are:
Do not give up at any cost: Coping with bipolar disorder is not an easy task. Many times, the patient will feel like quitting and letting the psychotic disorder take over. However, it is advisable to learn to fight with it to avoid mental stress and suicidal behavior.
Do not quit taking medications on your own if side effects occur: Side effects due to the medications for bipolar disorder are likely to happen, and this can cause the patient to quit the medications without consulting a doctor. However, the patient should not stop his/her medication. The patient's guardian can take advice from the doctor for a substitute medication that is more suitable for the patient.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Schizophrenia
In order to lower the risk of schizophrenia, one should:
- Avoid social isolation. Be socially active.
- Avoid street drugs and reduce alcohol.
- Don’t’ continue under stress for long. Take professional counselor's help on how to reduce stress.
- Learn to manage your relationships in a healthy manner.
- Keep yourself busy as the idle mind is more prone to mental disorders.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfRISDONE MT 0.5 TABLET
What Are The Tips For Autism
With proper guidance and support, Autistic people can lead a successful life like any other normal individual.
- A bipolar disorder patient should try opening up in front of family and friends to loosen up the mind.
- Such patients should try controlling their stress as much as possible.
- Anything that comes into the mind, they should just write it in a notebook or a piece of paper to soothe the mind.
- They should try coming out of their safe zone.
- Try to engage the patient in conversation, whenever he/she talks about his/her fear
- Schizophrenia can relapse any time, hence watch out for symptoms.
- Do not leave the treatment once the patient starts feeling better. Complete the treatment till doctor advises.
- Pl. don’t challenge the patient’s beliefs or delusions, as very ‘real’ for the person who is experiencing it.