RIVAMER 3MG CAPSULE has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of RIVAMER 3MG CAPSULE
Rivastigmine is used for treating Dementia related to Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
It does not cure any of the diseases but only helps in minimizing symptoms like Dementia, confusion, and inability to perform daily functions.
Side Effects Of RIVAMER 3MG CAPSULE
Common side effects of rivastigmine are:
- Loss of appetite/weight loss
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Dizziness, weakness, drowsiness
The above side effects usually last for initial few day till the time patient gets used to the medication. Please consult a doctor if symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of RIVAMER 3MG CAPSULE
Contraindications Of Salt: Rivastigmine
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Breathing/ lung problems like asthma
- Intestinal / stomach problems like ulcers, bleeding
- Any heart disease
- Problems in urinating occurring due to enlarged prostate etc.
- Seizures, fainting
Alzheimer’s is an irreversible brain disorder, which causes problems with memory, thinking and even worsens over time. It could destroy memory, ability to think and eventually ability to do simplest tasks in life.
Dementia is a neurological term that covers a spectrum of symptoms. It encompasses a progressive decline in cognitive, emotional as well as social functioning that occurs at a rate more progressive than would be expected due to normal ageing. The death of cells in the cerebral cortex, responsible for memory, calculation and behaviour/personality is the underlying pathophysiology.
The new term for dementia as defined by the DSM-V Manual (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) is "Major Neurocognitive Disorder." The reason for the change in terminology is to lessen the stigma related to the disease.
There are different types of dementias, based on their underlying pathology and clinical presentation. Dementias can either be reversible in 1-2% of cases, non-progressive, or progressive ( a majority of cases).
Alzheimer's and Vascular Dementia (progressive dementias) are the commonest types of dementia. Alzheimers Dementia (AD) occurs in between fifty to seventy percent of cases, and Vascular Dementia (VD) in about twenty percent of cases.
To date, there are no specific cures for dementia. Disease progression can be retarded by certain lifestyle factors such as diet, mental activities, social participation, and exercise.
- Parkinson’s disease is a chronic and progressive movement disorder. It affects the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. Its symptoms are continuous and increase over time.
- The cause of the disease is still not known yet, so it is not curable till date. However, there are treatment options such as medication and surgery.
Symptoms Treated With RIVAMER 3MG CAPSULE
- Memory Loss
- Confusion with time and place
- Frequent change in mood and personality
- Very poor judgment skills
- Hard time planning and solving simple issues.
What Are The Symptoms Of Dementia
Dementia is diagnosed in the presence of a significant decline in the level of cognitive functioning from previous functioning status. One or more areas of cognition may be affected. These include:
- Executive functioning
- Learning and memory
- Intricate attention
- Social interactions and interpersonal relationships
- Perceptual-motor skills
The symptoms must be severe enough to affect activities of daily living, and should not be caused by delirium (acute state of confusion due to underlying correctable causes in contrast to dementia’s chronic onset).
Group of symptoms experienced, differ from person to person. Primary motor signs of Parkinson’s disease include the following:
1. Tremoring of the hands, arms, legs, jaw and face
2. Slowness of movement
3. Rigidity or stiffness of the limbs and trunk
Postural instability or impaired balance and coordination.
Causes of diseases where RIVAMER 3MG CAPSULE is used
Scientists believe that the cause of this disease is a combination of genetic (carrying certain genes), the lifestyle of an individual and environmental factors that could affect the brain.
What Are The Causes Of Dementia
Potentially reversible causes of dementia include medications or alcohol. Dementia due to medical conditions such as hypothyroidism, hydrocephalus, Vitamin B 12 deficiency, neurosyphilis and major depressive disorder may be potentially reversible when the underlying condition is properly treated. Immunological causes of dementia such as Sjögren’s syndrome, SLE, and multiple sclerosis may also be reversible.
Non-progressive dementia is due to conditions such as:
- Head injury (traumatic brain injury)
- Brain tumours
- Meningitis/ Encephalitis
- Drug Abuse
Alzheimer's is caused by degeneration of the cerebral cortex and deposits of protein in the neural tissue. To date, no specific cause or preventable factors could be found for Alzheimer's. Old age and family history are the two biggest factors. Twenty percent of people with Alzheimer are over the age of eighty years. Family history is another important factor, although no particular gene could yet be identified.
Vascular dementia is caused by a series of small strokes in the brain. Narrowing of blood vessels or blood clots causes decreased blood flow to areas of the brain. The lack of blood flow is called ischaemia. Atherosclerosis is the biggest cause of cerebral ischaemia. Hypertension, diabetes, hypercholesterolemia all predispose to atherosclerosis formation. Treating these conditions may prevent the progression of vascular dementia, but cannot reverse the loss of function already present. Multiple areas of infarction may be seen on MRI scans.
Frontotemporal dementia, Lewy body dementia, and Creutzfeld-Jacob disease are other causes of progressive dementia.
- Parkinson’s disease is caused by degeneration or progressive impairment of nerve cells (neurons) in the brain. However, what triggers the onset of Parkinson’s disease is still not known.
Worst Foods With RIVAMER 3MG CAPSULE
- Bad Fat (due to consumption of trans fats in processed foods)
- Extra Calories (A high-calorie food can lead to Obesity, Fat, and diabetes upping the risk of Alzheimer’s
- Excessive Alcohol
What Are The Worst Foods For Dementia
- Saturated fatty acids
- Grilled and fried foods. These foods are high in advanced glycation end (AGE) products, shown to increase dementia risk
- Processed foods, refined grains, and sugars. These foods have shown to have an adverse effect on insulin levels, specifically causing fluctuating blood glucose levels, that can damage blood vessels in the brain
- Red meat increases iron loading. Too much iron can deposit in the cerebral cortex leading to cognitive decline is. Red meat should not be completely avoided, just used in moderation. Grass fed beef is the best source.
- Excessive alcohol intake.
- Limit your intake of salt and sugar.
- Avoid high fat or cholesterol foods like cheese, meats.
- Excessive protein rich foods like soy, cheese
Do's With Usage of RIVAMER 3MG CAPSULE
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Alzheimers disease
- Set goals that are realistic.
- Allow yourself some time to think and set goals for your daily tasks.
- Keep photos of your loved ones and the people you see often in your house and label them with their names.
- The person should keep himself busy in a productive way.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Dementia
- Exercise has been shown to improve cognitive functioning- a minimum of one and a half hours per week of moderate exercise such as walking is recommended. Exercise reduces the progression of dementia.
- Engaging in regular social activities has shown to decrease cognitive decline.
- Lose weight. Insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome have proved to increase chances of dementia.
- Participation in music and art reduces cognitive decline.
- Mental exercises like learning a new topic, learning an instrument, solving problems and puzzles improve cognition.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Parkinsons disease
The following can help to manage the Parkinson’s Disease:
- Make small changes in your house to make it more navigable for the patient, like removing rugs, keeping the gap between furniture items etc. Remove clutter.
- Conserve energy. Do daily tasks energy efficiently.
- Simply your tasks. Do not exert yourself.
- Learn to manage stress.
Dont's With Usage Of RIVAMER 3MG CAPSULE
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Alzheimers disease
- Don’t try to do everything on your own, take help.
- Don’t feel guilty when you haven’t reached the goals set.
- Don’t communicate with others like you need to rush.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Dementia
- Do not smoke. Smoking may increase your dementia risk by 45 percent.
- Do not leave stress unattended. Learn mindfulness and meditation practices.
- Do not skimp out on sleep. Sleep deprivation has been linked to cognitive decline.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Parkinsons disease
Following must be avoided if suffering from the Parkinson’s disease:
- Do not drive. As symptoms of Parkinson’s disease can seriously interfere with driving.
- Do not try holding heavy things.
- Exercise. It can help to keep your muscles strong, improve mobility and flexibility.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfRIVAMER 3MG CAPSULE
- Maintain a notebook or keep a smart phone wherein you can keep track of important information
- Ask your Friend or family members to remind you of important things
- Ask for help if things get lost
What Are The Tips For Dementia
Co-enzyme Q10 supplements may reduce oxidative stress and protein deposits in the brain.
Turmeric supplements may be beneficial in lowering cerebral inflammation.