ROSUCHEK 10MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of ROSUCHEK 10MG TABLET
Treatment of high cholesterol (Dyslipidemia)
Rosuvastatin is used in combination with diet, exercise, and weight-loss to treat high cholesterol & related conditions, and also to prevent cardiovascular disease.
Side Effects Of ROSUCHEK 10MG TABLET
Usually rosuvastatin doesn’t have any common side effects. However, some patients may experience:
- Dizziness, sleeplessness
- Joint pain
- Memory loss or forgetfulness
- Report to your doctor any of the above symptoms do not subside or get worse.
Some of the rare but serious side-effects may be:
Muscle pain, tenderness, fever, chest pain, weakness, lack of energy, jaundice, dark coloured or foamy urine, nausea, extreme tiredness, pain in the upper right part of the abdomen, weakness, loss of appetite, swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs, numbness or tingling in fingers or toes.
Contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of the above conditions after taking rosuvastatin.
Contraindications Of ROSUCHEK 10MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Rosuvastatin
- Rosuvastatin must not be taken during pregnancy as it can cause serious side effects to the unborn baby.
- Hypersensitivity to rosuvastatin
- Active liver disease
- Elevation of serum transaminases
The following have negative interaction with rosuvastatin, hence should discussed with the doctor:
- Blood thinners
- Drugs like cimetidine, ketoconazole, or spironolactone that may decrease the levels or activity of endogenous steroid hormones
- Aluminum and magnesium hydroxide antacids should be in a gap of minimum two hours of taking rosuvastatin.
Dyslipidaemia or high cholesterol indicate the imbalance of fats (or lipids) in one’s blood system.
High cholesterol or dyslipidaemia, means that there is an imbalance of fats (or lipids), circulating in one’s blood stream. The body uses cholesterol (the fatty substance) to metabolize food and also make hormones.
The following three different measurements are used to determine one’s overall lipid health:
1. Low-Density Lipoprotein (bad cholesterol, LDL): The higher LDL, the more is the risk of cardiovascular disease. LDL obstructs the proper blood flow into the heart and other organs by building up plaque in arteries.
2. High-Density Lipoprotein (Good cholesterol, HDL): HDL brings back the cholesterol to the liver from other parts of the body, thus removing the harmful cholesterols from your body. The higher the HDL, the better it is for the heart.
3. Triglycerides – Also referred to as fat in the blood. This type of fat is usually found in eatable animal fats and vegetable oils. High levels of Triglycerides signify the increased risk of cardiovascular disease as it also contributes to building up of a plaque in one’s arteries
Symptoms Treated With ROSUCHEK 10MG TABLET
Usually, high cholesterol doesn’t have much of symptoms initially, except chest pain. However, it can lead to sudden heart attack or stroke, if it goes unnoticed.
Causes of diseases where ROSUCHEK 10MG TABLET is used
- Eating fatty foods
- No physical exercise
- Age (after 20, it starts to rise).
- Family history
Worst Foods With ROSUCHEK 10MG TABLET
Here are the things you should avoid:
- Saturated fats: Red meat, whole-fat dairy products, eggs, vegetable oils, such as palm oil, coconut oil, and cocoa butter. Saturated fat can increase your levels of "bad" LDL cholesterol and at the same time lowers triglycerides and nudges up levels of "good" HDL cholesterol. Hence, saturated fats should be taken in moderate quantities.
- Trans fats: Pies, cakes, cookies, donuts, French fries, chips, Margarine, samosa, muffins, pan cakes, fried chicken and other fried items.
Do's With Usage of ROSUCHEK 10MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage High Cholesterol
- Exercise regularly (3o minutes daily for 5 days a week) and keep your weight under control.
- Though fat people are more at risk of getting high cholesterol, it can also happen to thin people. Hence, get the regular check up done after the age of 40 years.
- Eat low salt, low-fat diet.
Dont's With Usage Of ROSUCHEK 10MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage High Cholesterol
- Alcohol, smoking is a complete no-no for patients with high cholesterol.
- Do not have a sedentary life style.