ROSYCAP ASP 10/75 TABLET 10`S has the following salts in its composition
1) Rosuvastatin 2) Aspirin
Uses Of ROSYCAP ASP 10/75 TABLET 10`S
Treatment of High Cholesterol (Dyslipidemia)
Rosuvastatin is used in combination with diet, exercise, and weight-loss to treat High Cholesterol & related conditions, and also to prevent Cardiovascular disease.
It is an anti inflammatory drug used to treat Pain, Fever, and inflammation. Sometimes it is also used in following conditions:
NOTE: It can prevent the risk of death if given immediately after a heart attack.
Side Effects Of ROSYCAP ASP 10/75 TABLET 10`S
Usually rosuvastatin doesn’t have any common side effects. However, some patients may experience:
- Dizziness, sleeplessness
- Joint pain
- Memory loss or forgetfulness
- Report to your doctor any of the above symptoms do not subside or get worse.
Some of the rare but serious side-effects may be:
Muscle pain, tenderness, fever, chest pain, weakness, lack of energy, jaundice, dark coloured or foamy urine, nausea, extreme tiredness, pain in the upper right part of the abdomen, weakness, loss of appetite, swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs, numbness or tingling in fingers or toes.
Contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of the above conditions after taking rosuvastatin.
Side Effects Of Salt: Aspirin
Aspirin is usually well tolerated by most of the patients. However, some patients may experience:
- Abdominal discomfort
- Mild headache
Consult your doctor if any of the following severe side effects occur:
- Stomach ulcers
- Worsening of asthma
- Stomach bleeding
- Allergic reactions such as hives, rashes
- Swelling of skin tissues
Contraindications Of ROSYCAP ASP 10/75 TABLET 10`S
Contraindications Of Salt: Rosuvastatin
- Rosuvastatin must not be taken during pregnancy as it can cause serious side effects to the unborn baby.
- Hypersensitivity to rosuvastatin
- Active liver disease
- Elevation of serum transaminases
The following have negative interaction with rosuvastatin, hence should discussed with the doctor:
- Blood thinners
- Drugs like cimetidine, ketoconazole, or spironolactone that may decrease the levels or activity of endogenous steroid hormones
- Aluminum and magnesium hydroxide antacids should be in a gap of minimum two hours of taking rosuvastatin.
Contraindications Of Salt: Aspirin
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant or planning for pregnancy, lactation
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Peptic ulcer
- GI bleeding
- Coagulation disorder
Dyslipidaemia or high cholesterol indicate the imbalance of fats (or lipids) in one’s blood system.
High cholesterol or dyslipidaemia, means that there is an imbalance of fats (or lipids), circulating in one’s blood stream. The body uses cholesterol (the fatty substance) to metabolize food and also make hormones.
The following three different measurements are used to determine one’s overall lipid health:
1. Low-Density Lipoprotein (bad cholesterol, LDL): The higher LDL, the more is the risk of cardiovascular disease. LDL obstructs the proper blood flow into the heart and other organs by building up plaque in arteries.
2. High-Density Lipoprotein (Good cholesterol, HDL): HDL brings back the cholesterol to the liver from other parts of the body, thus removing the harmful cholesterols from your body. The higher the HDL, the better it is for the heart.
3. Triglycerides – Also referred to as fat in the blood. This type of fat is usually found in eatable animal fats and vegetable oils. High levels of Triglycerides signify the increased risk of cardiovascular disease as it also contributes to building up of a plaque in one’s arteries
- Arthritis is a name collectively given to the various types of joint pains (over 100 types). Permanent changes can occur to the joints due to arthritis and a few types of arthritis can also damage the lungs, kidneys, heart, eyes, or skin.
Symptoms Treated With ROSYCAP ASP 10/75 TABLET 10`S
Usually, high cholesterol doesn’t have much of symptoms initially, except chest pain. However, it can lead to sudden heart attack or stroke, if it goes unnoticed.
What Are The Symptoms Of Arthritis
- The most common symptoms are pain and swelling of joints, joints getting stiff and reduced range of movements.
Causes of diseases where ROSYCAP ASP 10/75 TABLET 10`S is used
- Eating fatty foods
- No physical exercise
- Age (after 20, it starts to rise).
- Family history
What Are The Causes Of Arthritis
- The cause behind arthritis depends on the type of arthritis. The causes may range from injury, genetic factors, infections, misdirected immune system with autoimmunity. Though more common among adults, but people of any age can suffer from Arthritis.
Best Foods With ROSYCAP ASP 10/75 TABLET 10`S
Different foods help lowering cholesterol in different ways. Some foods have soluble fibre that binds cholesterol in the digestive system and pushes them out of the body before they even enter the circulation.
Others give polyunsaturated fats, helpful in directly lowering LDL. Some have stanols and plant sterols that inhibit the body from absorbing cholesterol.
- Oats. Oats give you soluble fibre, which helps in improving the cholesterol. One bowl of oatmeal, with added banana and a few strawberries, is the best breakfast.
- Barley, other whole grains: They deliver soluble fibre, thus lowering risk of a heart disease.
- Beans. Beans (kidney beans, garbanzos, lentils and black eyed peas) are also rich in soluble fibre.
- Nuts: Two ounces of almonds, walnuts, peanuts etc. not only reduce LDL but also provide other nutrients which protect the heart in many ways.
- Vegetable oils. Use liquid vegetable oils such as sunflower, canola, and safflower instead of butter or pure ghee in cooking.
- Citrus fruits, apples, grapes and strawberries are rich in pectin, a type of soluble fibre which lowers LDL.
- Fish: To lower LDL, eat fish 2-3 times a week as it delivers omega 3 fats.
What Are The Best Foods For Arthritis
To maintain good joint condition have:
- Fish: The omega-3 fatty acids present in fish reduce body’s inflammatory response thus decreasing pain
- Nuts and seeds: Many nuts contain nutrients that inhibit the growth of free radicals that damage cartilage. These are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids that decrease inflammation.
- Fruits and vegetables: These naturally contain inflammation fighters that reduce pain.
- Olive oil: It is high in mono-saturated fats, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds which decrease the joint damage in arthritis.
- Whole grains ( These lower the level of C-reactive protein: CRP, associated with inflammation).
- Beans (Help in lowering CRP)
- Soy: These have low fat content, high protein and fibre content and is great for rheumatoid arthritis
- Low-fat dairy products (Calcium and Vitamin D present in dairy products increase bone strength.
- Green tea (Reduces inflammation and slows down cartilage destruction).
Worst Foods With ROSYCAP ASP 10/75 TABLET 10`S
Here are the things you should avoid:
- Saturated fats: Red meat, whole-fat dairy products, eggs, vegetable oils, such as palm oil, coconut oil, and cocoa butter. Saturated fat can increase your levels of "bad" LDL cholesterol and at the same time lowers triglycerides and nudges up levels of "good" HDL cholesterol. Hence, saturated fats should be taken in moderate quantities.
- Trans fats: Pies, cakes, cookies, donuts, French fries, chips, Margarine, samosa, muffins, pan cakes, fried chicken and other fried items.
What Are The Worst Foods For Arthritis
- Avoid nightshade vegetables: Nightshade vegetables are like: tomatoes, white potatoes, eggplant, okra, peppers, tomatillos etc. The chemical solanine present in these leads to pain.
- Fried and Processed foods: Reducing these foods can decrease the inflammation at joints and can help regain body’s natural defence.
- Advanced glycation end product (toxin present in the heated, grilled, fried or pasteurized food). These result in inflammation.
- Sugars and Refined carbs increase the Advanced Glycation End product that worsens arthritis
- Alcohol and Tobacco: Alcohol increases the risk of gout and smoking leads to rheumatoid arthritis
- Salt & Preservatives: These lead to the inflammation of joints.
Do's With Usage of ROSYCAP ASP 10/75 TABLET 10`S
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage High Cholesterol
- Exercise regularly (3o minutes daily for 5 days a week) and keep your weight under control.
- Though fat people are more at risk of getting high cholesterol, it can also happen to thin people. Hence, get the regular check up done after the age of 40 years.
- Eat low salt, low-fat diet.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Arthritis
- People 50+: Skin’s ability capacity to absorb Vitamin D reduces with age. Hence, there is more need of taking Vitamin D supplements.
- Manage your weight as obese people are more prone to getting vitamin D deficiency.
- Eat foods naturally rich in vitamin D.
- Maintain weight
- Regular Exercise
- Massaging painful joints and muscles
Dont's With Usage Of ROSYCAP ASP 10/75 TABLET 10`S
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage High Cholesterol
- Alcohol, smoking is a complete no-no for patients with high cholesterol.
- Do not have a sedentary life style.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Arthritis
- Don’t wear flip-flops or uncomfortable footwear.
- Don’t stay indoors for long periods.
- Do not go out in sun with screen applied as it blocks the absorption of vitamin D through skin.
- Do not have any shield between you and sun rays (like glass window) as it blocks the absorption of Vitamin D by skin. Let sun ray fall directly on your skin.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfROSYCAP ASP 10/75 TABLET 10`S
What Are The Tips For Arthritis
- Therapies like acupuncture and aromatherapy can help.
- Avoid substance use like smoking, alcohol.
- If you have a family history of osteoporosis, you need to take extra care of yourself at younger age.
- Make exercise a habit.