ROZUCOR D 20MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Rosuvastatin 2) Vitamin D3
Uses Of ROZUCOR D 20MG TABLET
Treatment of High Cholesterol (Dyslipidemia)
Rosuvastatin is used in combination with diet, exercise, and weight-loss to treat High Cholesterol & related conditions, and also to prevent Cardiovascular disease.
- Bone strength
- Prevention of bone disorders like rickets, osteomalacia
- Prevention of Osteoporosis
- Vitamin D is also used with other medications to treat low levels of calcium or phosphate caused by certain disorders (such as hypoparathyroidism, familial hypophosphatemia and pseudo-hypoparathyroidism).
- It may also be used in kidney disease to keep calcium levels normal and have normal bone growth.
- Vitamin D drops are given to breast-fed babies as breast milk has low levels of vitamin D usually.
Vitamin D (D2, D3, D4) is a vitamin that is fat soluble. It helps the body in absorbing phosphorus or calcium.
It is important to have adequate levels of vitamin D, phosphorus and calcium for building strong bones and also maintaining them.
Body gets vitamin D from sunlight. Any hindrance between skin and sunlight, like protective clothing, sunscreen, staying indoors or having limited exposure to sunlight, dark skin etc. may prevent absorption of vitamin D by body.
As the age advances, body’s ability of absorb sunlight reduces.
Vegetarian people are more prone to vitamin D deficiency as it is found more in animal based foods.
Side Effects Of ROZUCOR D 20MG TABLET
Usually rosuvastatin doesn’t have any common side effects. However, some patients may experience:
- Dizziness, sleeplessness
- Joint pain
- Memory loss or forgetfulness
- Report to your doctor any of the above symptoms do not subside or get worse.
Some of the rare but serious side-effects may be:
Muscle pain, tenderness, fever, chest pain, weakness, lack of energy, jaundice, dark coloured or foamy urine, nausea, extreme tiredness, pain in the upper right part of the abdomen, weakness, loss of appetite, swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs, numbness or tingling in fingers or toes.
Contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of the above conditions after taking rosuvastatin.
Side Effects Of Salt: Vitamin D3
Many people do not experience any side-effects of Vitamin D3, unless taken in high doses. Some of the side effects may be:
- Loss of appetite
- Metallic taste
- Dry mouth
Contraindications Of ROZUCOR D 20MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Rosuvastatin
- Rosuvastatin must not be taken during pregnancy as it can cause serious side effects to the unborn baby.
- Hypersensitivity to rosuvastatin
- Active liver disease
- Elevation of serum transaminases
The following have negative interaction with rosuvastatin, hence should discussed with the doctor:
- Blood thinners
- Drugs like cimetidine, ketoconazole, or spironolactone that may decrease the levels or activity of endogenous steroid hormones
- Aluminum and magnesium hydroxide antacids should be in a gap of minimum two hours of taking rosuvastatin.
Contraindications Of Salt: Vitamin D3
People with following conditions should Use vitamin D cautiously:
- Kidney disease: Vitamin D may increase calcium levels in body and increase the risk of hardening of the arteries in people having serious kidney disease. This must be balanced with the need to prevent renal osteodystrophy (a bone disease that occurs when the kidneys fail to maintain proper levels of calcium & phosphorus in blood). People with kidney disease should carefully monitor calcium levels.
- High levels of calcium in the blood
- Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis)
- Sarcoidosis (enlargement of lymph nodes)
- Over-active parathyroid gland (hyperparathyroidism):
- Vitamin D might increase calcium levels in people with above conditions. This might result in complications such as kidney stones.
Dyslipidaemia or high cholesterol indicate the imbalance of fats (or lipids) in one’s blood system.
High cholesterol or dyslipidaemia, means that there is an imbalance of fats (or lipids), circulating in one’s blood stream. The body uses cholesterol (the fatty substance) to metabolize food and also make hormones.
The following three different measurements are used to determine one’s overall lipid health:
1. Low-Density Lipoprotein (bad cholesterol, LDL): The higher LDL, the more is the risk of cardiovascular disease. LDL obstructs the proper blood flow into the heart and other organs by building up plaque in arteries.
2. High-Density Lipoprotein (Good cholesterol, HDL): HDL brings back the cholesterol to the liver from other parts of the body, thus removing the harmful cholesterols from your body. The higher the HDL, the better it is for the heart.
3. Triglycerides – Also referred to as fat in the blood. This type of fat is usually found in eatable animal fats and vegetable oils. High levels of Triglycerides signify the increased risk of cardiovascular disease as it also contributes to building up of a plaque in one’s arteries
Symptoms Treated With ROZUCOR D 20MG TABLET
Usually, high cholesterol doesn’t have much of symptoms initially, except chest pain. However, it can lead to sudden heart attack or stroke, if it goes unnoticed.
Causes of diseases where ROZUCOR D 20MG TABLET is used
- Eating fatty foods
- No physical exercise
- Age (after 20, it starts to rise).
- Family history
Best Foods With ROZUCOR D 20MG TABLET
Different foods help lowering cholesterol in different ways. Some foods have soluble fibre that binds cholesterol in the digestive system and pushes them out of the body before they even enter the circulation.
Others give polyunsaturated fats, helpful in directly lowering LDL. Some have stanols and plant sterols that inhibit the body from absorbing cholesterol.
- Oats. Oats give you soluble fibre, which helps in improving the cholesterol. One bowl of oatmeal, with added banana and a few strawberries, is the best breakfast.
- Barley, other whole grains: They deliver soluble fibre, thus lowering risk of a heart disease.
- Beans. Beans (kidney beans, garbanzos, lentils and black eyed peas) are also rich in soluble fibre.
- Nuts: Two ounces of almonds, walnuts, peanuts etc. not only reduce LDL but also provide other nutrients which protect the heart in many ways.
- Vegetable oils. Use liquid vegetable oils such as sunflower, canola, and safflower instead of butter or pure ghee in cooking.
- Citrus fruits, apples, grapes and strawberries are rich in pectin, a type of soluble fibre which lowers LDL.
- Fish: To lower LDL, eat fish 2-3 times a week as it delivers omega 3 fats.
What Are The Best Foods For Bone health
- Fish, such as salmon, mackerel, tuna and sardines
- Egg yolk
- Raw milk
- Cod liver oil
- Fortified Cereals (Whole Grain Total)
- Dairy products fortified with vitamin D3
- Calcium rich foods
- Potassium rich foods
Worst Foods With ROZUCOR D 20MG TABLET
Here are the things you should avoid:
- Saturated fats: Red meat, whole-fat dairy products, eggs, vegetable oils, such as palm oil, coconut oil, and cocoa butter. Saturated fat can increase your levels of "bad" LDL cholesterol and at the same time lowers triglycerides and nudges up levels of "good" HDL cholesterol. Hence, saturated fats should be taken in moderate quantities.
- Trans fats: Pies, cakes, cookies, donuts, French fries, chips, Margarine, samosa, muffins, pan cakes, fried chicken and other fried items.
What Are The Worst Foods For Bone health
- High-Sodium Foods: The more salt you eat, the more calcium you lose as salt causes excessive calcium excretion through the kidneys.
- Sugary snacks, high sugar items
- Soda, cola drinks as they lead to higher risk of hip bone fracture
- Alchohol: Heavy and chronic consumption of alcohol may result in decreased bone formation, higher chances of bone fracture, low bone mass, and delay in fracture healing.
- Inflammatory foods
Do's With Usage of ROZUCOR D 20MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage High Cholesterol
- Exercise regularly (3o minutes daily for 5 days a week) and keep your weight under control.
- Though fat people are more at risk of getting high cholesterol, it can also happen to thin people. Hence, get the regular check up done after the age of 40 years.
- Eat low salt, low-fat diet.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Bone health
- Get enough sun light without sunscreen, especially in morning or afternoon. If you are worried about sun burns or tanning, enrich your food with natural anti-oxidants like blueberries, raspberries, goji berries and pomegranates.
- People 50+: Skin’s ability capacity to absorb Vitamin D reduces with age. Hence, there is more need of taking Vitamin D supplements.
- Manage your weight as obese people are more prone to getting vitamin D deficiency.
- Eat foods naturally rich in vitamin D.
Dont's With Usage Of ROZUCOR D 20MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage High Cholesterol
- Alcohol, smoking is a complete no-no for patients with high cholesterol.
- Do not have a sedentary life style.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Bone health
- Don’t stay indoors for long periods.
- Do not go out in sun with screen applied as it blocks the absorption of vitamin D through skin.
- Do not have any shield between you and sun rays (like glass window) as it blocks the absorption of Vitamin D by skin. Let sun ray fall directly on your skin.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfROZUCOR D 20MG TABLET
- Avoid substance use like smoking, alcohol.
- If you have a family history of osteoporosis, you need to take extra care of yourself at younger age.
- Make exercise a habit.