SALTUM DS TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of SALTUM DS TABLET
Sultamicillin is a combination antibiotic containing ampicillin and sulbactam. It is used for treating certain Bacterial Infections like:
- Urinary tract infection
- Respiratory infections
- Skin infections
- Pneumonia, bronchitis
- Soft tissue infections
- Abdominal infections
- And any other infection caused by susceptible microorganisms.
Side Effects Of SALTUM DS TABLET
Sultamicillin is usually well tolerated. Some of the common side-effects (mild to moderate) include:
- Metallic taste in mouth
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain, diarrhoea
Contraindications Of SALTUM DS TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Sultamicillin
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Already on penicillin therapy.
- Any upcoming surgery
- Urinary tract infection is defined as an infection of any part of the urinary system (bladder, urethra, kidneys, and ureters).
Symptoms Treated With SALTUM DS TABLET
Following are the symptoms UTI:
- A burning sensation while urinating
- An intense or frequent urge for urinating, though very may come out when you do so.
- Feeling shaky or tired.
- Pressure or pain in back/ lower abdomen.
- Dark, bloody, cloudy or strangely foul smelling urine.
- Chills or fever indicating that the infection may have reached the kidneys.
Causes of diseases where SALTUM DS TABLET is used
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are caused by microbes such as bacteria that affect the bladder, kidneys and tubes connected to them.
- Women are at greater risk of getting Urinary tract infections. It happens because the tube (called urethra), which carries the urine from the bladder to outside the body, is situated very close to the anus. Bacteria from E.coli like large intestine can easily enter the urethra after escaping the anus. They travel up to the bladder from there and keep infecting the kidney if the infection is not treated. Women have shorter urethras, making them more prone to UTIs, as bacteria can quickly enter the bladder.
- Bacteria can be introduced in urinary tract by having sex with the infected partner too.
Worst Foods With SALTUM DS TABLET
- Chocolate, carbonation, citrus fruits and caffeine: These can irritate the lining of the bladder, and make it easier for bacteria to stick on.
- Artificial sweeteners
- Spicy foods
Do's With Usage of SALTUM DS TABLET
- Drink a lot of water as it helps in flushing out the bacteria.
- Drinking one tsp of baking soda mixed in 8 ounces of fresh water helps in reducing the acidity and burning sensation in urine. However, don’t take it for more than a week as soda is high in sodium.
- If you feel cramps around your bladder, use the hot water bottle and apply heat. This will provide relief from pain.
Dont's With Usage Of SALTUM DS TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Urinary tract infection
- Don’t’ hold your urge to pee, as this increases the chances of multiplying the bacteria. Pee as soon as you feel the urge.
- Avoid wiping from back to front, after a bowel movement as germs can get into urethra easily.