SIOXON 1 GM INJECTION has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of SIOXON 1 GM INJECTION
Ceftriaxone is used in the treatment of bacterial infections like:
Side Effects Of SIOXON 1 GM INJECTION
The common side effects of Ceftriaxone are:
- Swelling/ Redness/ Pain at injection site
Some severe (but rare) side effects are:
- Gall bladder disease
- Hemolytic anaemia
- Kidney problems
- Abdominal pain
- Severe nausea
- Dark Urine
- Yellowing of eyes/ skin
- Mental or mood changes
- Uncontrollable moments
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of SIOXON 1 GM INJECTION
Contraindications Of Salt: Ceftriaxone
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug Ceftriaxone or any other allergies
- Intestinal problems
- Gall bladder disease
- Kidney problems
- Liver disease
- Taking live bacterial vaccines
- Bacteria are the single celled, microscopic organisms which are essential for many processes of human body and a few of them are responsible for causing harm. A bacterial infection refers to the condition when there is accumulation of harmful bacteria inside or on the human body.
Pneumonia is an infection of lungs and can happen in one or both lungs. It can be caused by viruses, bacteria, or fungi, though the most common is bacterial pneumonia (especially in adults). Children under the age of 5 are more prone to viral pneumonia.
Pneumonia causes inflammation in alveoli, the air sacs in the lungs. The alveoli (or air sacs) fill with pus or fluid, thus making it difficult to breathe.
Pneumonia in itself is not contagious, but the germs that cause pneumonia can be transferred from one person to another through the air or environment.
- Urinary tract infection is defined as an infection of any part of the urinary system (bladder, urethra, kidneys, and ureters).
Symptoms Treated With SIOXON 1 GM INJECTION
- The symptoms of bacterial infections are running nose, cough, headache, restlessness. The signs of bacterial infection can be easily confused with viral infection; doctors can make out the difference by examining particular signs.
What Are The Symptoms Of Pneumonia
Common symptoms of pneumonia are:
- A cough, cold, fever
- Chills, breathing problems, shortness of breath
- Increased mucous, discolored mucus
- Loss of appetite
Following are the symptoms UTI:
- A burning sensation while urinating
- An intense or frequent urge for urinating, though very may come out when you do so.
- Feeling shaky or tired.
- Pressure or pain in back/ lower abdomen.
- Dark, bloody, cloudy or strangely foul smelling urine.
- Chills or fever indicating that the infection may have reached the kidneys.
Causes of diseases where SIOXON 1 GM INJECTION is used
- Bacterial Infections can be caught by someone’s sneezing, coughing, sex, contaminated food or water, infected pets or livestock.
What Are The Causes Of Pneumonia
There are more than 30 causes of pneumonia. The most common ones are:
- Airborne irritants
These germs overpower the immune system after entering the lungs and invade nearby delicate lung tissues. Children going to school, patients admitted to hospital are more at risk of getting pneumonia as the presence of germs is more at such places because of more probability of sick patients being there.
Some types of pneumonia, like Legionnaires' disease, are contagious only in certain environments. It is caused by a bacterium called Legionella pneumophila, and it may only occur to those people who are exposed to a contaminated air conditioning system. It can also happen due to inhaling droplets from fountains, whirlpools, or spas.
Everybody is equally exposed to germs, but the probability of developing pneumonia depends on one’s health, age, and lifestyle.
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are caused by microbes such as bacteria that affect the bladder, kidneys and tubes connected to them.
- Women are at greater risk of getting Urinary tract infections. It happens because the tube (called urethra), which carries the urine from the bladder to outside the body, is situated very close to the anus. Bacteria from E.coli like large intestine can easily enter the urethra after escaping the anus. They travel up to the bladder from there and keep infecting the kidney if the infection is not treated. Women have shorter urethras, making them more prone to UTIs, as bacteria can quickly enter the bladder.
- Bacteria can be introduced in urinary tract by having sex with the infected partner too.
Worst Foods With SIOXON 1 GM INJECTION
Foods that must not be consumed if suffering from Bacterial Infection are:
- Unpasteurized and contaminated dairy products
- Protein foods (raw meat, tofu, eggs and fish)
- Raw and dirty fruits15vegetable sprouts
- Salads from market
- Refrigerated salsa
- Uncooked grain and miso products
- Brewed tea
- Unpasteurized juices
- Herbal Supplements
What Are The Worst Foods For Pneumonia
- Avoid strong tea, coffee, and other stimulating beverages.
- Alcoholic beverages
- White flour and products made from wheat-flour are difficult to digest, hence should be avoided.
- White sugar, fried foods, pizzas etc. should also be avoided as they increase bloating in the stomach and make breathing more difficult.
- Dairy products, especially curd increase the production of mucus. Hence they should be avoided temporarily, till you recover fully from pneumonia.
- Avoid excessive salt as salt can make the body retain water. Excess water in the body can lead to breathing problems.
- Chocolate, carbonation, citrus fruits and caffeine: These can irritate the lining of the bladder, and make it easier for bacteria to stick on.
- Artificial sweeteners
- Spicy foods
Do's With Usage of SIOXON 1 GM INJECTION
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Bacterial Infections
- The habit of washing hands frequently must be developed.
- Keep the household objects that are used by many clean (Telephones, keys, doorknobs, taps, sink etc.).
- Wash fruits and vegetables well before eating.
- Toys for toddlers must be kept clean.
- Get properly vaccinated.
- Take care of general well being.
- Keep your ears neat.
- Don’t use cotton swabs, hairpins or clips for cleaning your ears.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Pneumonia
- Get your child vaccinated against pneumonia, chickenpox, and flu. Flu can lead to pneumonia.
- People above 65 years of age should be given at least 2 shots of pneumonia vaccine as they are more susceptible to catching the disease.
- Wash your hands with soap frequently to avoid infections.
- Drink a lot of water as it helps in flushing out the bacteria.
- Drinking one tsp of baking soda mixed in 8 ounces of fresh water helps in reducing the acidity and burning sensation in urine. However, don’t take it for more than a week as soda is high in sodium.
- If you feel cramps around your bladder, use the hot water bottle and apply heat. This will provide relief from pain.
Dont's With Usage Of SIOXON 1 GM INJECTION
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Bacterial Infections
- Avoid consuming contaminated or easily mishandled food.
- Don’t consume stale food
- Avoid smoking and being a passive smoker.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Pneumonia
- Avoid smoking as smokers are more likely to get infections.
- Avoid going close to people who have a cold, pneumonia or other respiratory tract infections.
- Don’t exert yourself too much as it can lead to slow recovery.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Urinary tract infection
- Don’t’ hold your urge to pee, as this increases the chances of multiplying the bacteria. Pee as soon as you feel the urge.
- Avoid wiping from back to front, after a bowel movement as germs can get into urethra easily.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfSIOXON 1 GM INJECTION
What Are The Tips For Pneumonia
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day, and more if possible.