STYPTOCID TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Adrenochrome Monosemicarabzone (50IU) 2) Rutin (10IU) 3) Menadione Sodium Bisulfite (200IU) 4) Vitamin D (125mg) 5) Calcium Phosphate
Uses Of STYPTOCID TABLET
Menadione sodium bisulfite is a synthetic form of vitamin K is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Prothrombin deficiencies (a bleeding disorder slowing the blood clotting process)
- Vitamin K deficiency
- Severe blood disorders
Side Effects Of STYPTOCID TABLET
Some common side effects that may be caused by the administration of menadione sodium bisulfite are:
- Injection site reactions such as redness/ swelling/pain
- Chest pain, chest tightness
- Blue discoloration of skin, warmth sensation on the face, ears, neck, and trunk
- Increased sweating, facial flushing
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of STYPTOCID TABLET
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug menadione sodium bisulfite or any other allergies.
- Blood clotting disorders
- Liver problems, Vitamin E deficiency
- Premature infants
Prothrombin deficiency is a bleeding disorder which slows down the process of blood clotting. It is also called as Factor II deficiency. It is one of the rarest coagulation disorders. Factor II is an important protein which is required for the clotting process and which further prevents the loss of blood from blood vessels.
Deficiency of Factor II inhibits the process of clotting.
Symptoms Treated With STYPTOCID TABLET
The symptoms of Prothrombin deficiencies are different for every individual. The lower is the level of Factor II, more frequent are the symptoms. The main symptoms are:
- Soft tissue bleeding, nose bleeding
- Oral mucosal bleeding, bleeding in joint spaces
- Menorrhagia in women in which prolonged and heavy menstrual bleeding occurs
- Easy bruising
- Other related symptoms are:
- Prolonged bleeding after injury/ surgery
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Umbilical cord hemorrhage
- Intracranial bleeding
Causes of diseases where STYPTOCID TABLET is used
Prothrombin deficiency can be inherited or acquired. The causes of prothrombin deficiency are:
- Inherited: The genetic or hereditary cause is very rare. It is possible in a recessive condition where both parents must have the gene to pass to the offspring.
- Acquired: Prothrombin can due to other acquired factors such as the use of medications, autoimmune response or any disease. In this case, it is mainly caused by:
- Platelet disorder
- Vitamin K deficiency
- Use of medicines such as anticoagulants.
Worst Foods With STYPTOCID TABLET
- Alcohol: Avoid alcohol as it prevents the clotting of blood and increases the blood loss.
- Fatty foods: Food rich in fat should be avoided as it increases the cholesterol which increases the obesity and inhibits the clotting process.
- Sugar: Excess intake of sugar increases the insulin levels leading to diabetes which affects the clotting process negatively.
Do's With Usage of STYPTOCID TABLET
- Take oral vitamin K supplements to meet the nutritional requirements.
- Get proper treatment of liver disease.
- Get the genetic testing of expecting parents and fetus during pregnancy to minimize the risk.
Dont's With Usage Of STYPTOCID TABLET
- Never ignore your symptoms. Consult your doctor immediately before they become severe. Ignoring the severe symptoms can out your life at risk.
- Don’t take medicines which precipitate the bleed.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfSTYPTOCID TABLET
Prothrombin deficiency if is inherited, then it is can be prevented. Acquired prothrombin deficiency can be managed by modifying the diet and lifestyle standards. Below are some tips to manage prothrombin deficiency:
- Regular exercise: This will help to build up a strong body and will keep you healthy and free from a number of diseases.
- Avoiding some pain medications: It is better to avoid those medicines which prevent blood clotting to reduce the mild pain.
- Avoid blood thinning medications such as Warfarin.
- Have good dental hygiene to avoid the risk of tooth extraction which can increase bleeding.