SUNPROTEK 30 LOTION 100ML has the following salts in its composition
1) Aqua 2) Allantoin 3) Vitamin E 4) Glycerin 5) Dimethicone 6) Aloe vera 7) and many other ingredients
Uses Of SUNPROTEK 30 LOTION 100ML
Uses Of Salt: Aqua
It is used as emollient in various dermatological products due to its moisturizing and keratolytic (treatment of removing Warts and lesions) effect.
Along with this, it is used in following conditions:
- Acne and Psoriasis.
- Preventing dryness and increasing smoothness.
- Removing skin irritation.
- Wound healing.
- Protecting skin from sun radiations
- Soothing of skin
Vitamin E, an anti-oxidant, is found naturally in foods like seeds, nuts, vegetable oils, eggs, meatsv green leafy vegetables and many other foods.
In medicine form, it is used for treating:
There are many more uses of vitamin E and the above list is not exhaustive.
Skin friendly bathin bar. Helps restoring and retain skin's proactive mantle.
- Dimethicone is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Rough/ Dry/ Scaling/ Itchy skin
- Minor skin irritations
- Diaper rash
- Skin Burns due to radiation therapy
Aloe vera, also known as Kumari or Ghritkumari, is a well-known Indian desert species plant with many medicinal values. It is widely used in various Skin care and healthcare products. It:
- Treats abdominal tumors, Constipation, spleen disorders, hepatitis, hepatomegaly, Fever, burn wounds, fibroids, small tumors, Asthma, and chronic respiratory disorders.
- Relieves boils, blisters
- Improves vision, strength, immunity, ovulation chances
- Prevents hair fall, Acne, Dandruff.
- Rejuvenates the skin, delays aging, wrinkles.
- Heals bruises, prevents dryness of skin.
Side Effects Of SUNPROTEK 30 LOTION 100ML
Side Effects Of Salt: Aqua
Side Effects Of Salt: Allantoin
Generally, no side effects are observed upon application of
Still, if any of the following side effects occur, please consult your doctor:
- Skin irritation
Side Effects Of Salt: Vitamin E
Vitamin E is usually safe when taken in limited quantity.
Side Effects Of Salt: Glycerin
Usually safe, but in some cases, it may cause:
- Burning, redness
- Irritation, stinging sensation
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Side Effects Of Salt: Aloe vera
Aloe vera is usually safe, but if taken in over doses may cause:
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of SUNPROTEK 30 LOTION 100ML
Contraindications Of Salt: Aqua
Contraindications Of Salt: Allantoin
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
Contraindications Of Salt: Vitamin E
Please inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines currently, especially related to liver diseases, cancer, blood clotting etc. because it may affect the working of these medicines.
Contraindications Of Salt: Glycerin
Contraindications Of Salt: Dimethicone
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug dimethicone or any other allergies.
Contraindications Of Salt: Aloe vera
Not to be used on open wounds.
- Acne, known as Acne Vulgaris, is one of the commonest dermatological complaints.
- Acne is especially prevalent during puberty and young adulthood, although some people may still suffer from it into their middle years. Acne is known in the general population as "pimples."
- Acne occurs when skin pores are blocked by excess sebum (natural oil produced by the skin) and by dead skin cells. As the sebum builds up, it causes inflammation of the surrounding skin. The lump that forms under the skin because of this blockage is called a comedo. A group of lumps is called comedones.
- If not treated properly acne can lead to permanent scarring. Acne also has important psychological implications such as low self-esteem, anxiety, and depression, especially in youths.
Psoriasis is a long-lasting autoimmune disease. In psoriasis, skin cells multiply 10 times faster than their normal. The volume of underlying cells, which reach the surface of the skin and die, causes red and raised plaques. These are covered with white scales. Psoriasis usually occurs on elbows, knees, and scalp, though it may also occur on palms, soles of feet or torso.
There are mainly five types of psoriasis: plaque, inverse, guttate, pustular, and erythrodermic.
- Skin care is mutliple activities carried on to ensure healthy looking skin devoid of any diseases and deformities.
A kind of injury that is caused by various factors like an accident, surgery and certain diseases is called a wound. The skin may get punctured, cut, or torn to form a wound.
Wounds are classified into five categories, which depend upon their causes.
- Abrasion: When skin is scraped or rubbed against a hard or rough surface, Abrasion is caused. An example of an abrasion is a road rash. Not much of bleeding is there in abrasion, but one must get the wound scrubbed, and cleaned, to abstain from any infection.
- Incision: Incision is caused by a pointed or sharp object, like a razor blade, broken piece of glass, and knife. Incision causes a lot of bleeding. An incision, which is deep can cause damage to muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
- Laceration: A deep and rooted tear, or cut in the skin is called laceration. Accidental cuts with machines, tools, or knife may cause a laceration. In this, wound bleed extensively, and rapidly.
- Puncture: A small hole may be caused by a pointed, long object, like an ice pick, needles, or nail is called puncture. Even a bullet shot can result in a puncture wound. This wound is enough deep to impair the body’s internal organs, though may not bleed that much. A Puncture wound may need an immediate expert vigilance. In some cases, even tetanus is required to prevent the infection.
- Avulsion: An Avulsion is an extreme form of a wound. In this, the skin may tear away completely, or partially. This wound may occur at the time of a vicious accident like a gunshot, explosion, or body-crushing accidents. These wounds may bleed rapidly, and heavily.
- Asthma is a chronic inflammatory condition of the airways in the lungs. Asthma can either be allergic (most common) or non-allergic.
- Allergic asthma is due to an allergic response known as a type 1 hypersensitivity reaction. People with asthma’s airways are hypersensitive to certain triggers. The allergic reaction causes narrowing of the small airways and leads to "air trapping" (known as an obstructive airway disease)
- There are different types of asthma- childhood onset asthma (usually before the age of 5), adult-onset asthma, exercise-induced asthma and aspirin induced asthma. Some asthma is known as seasonal asthma and occurs only at certain times of the year, usually with the changing of seasons such as during autumn or spring.
- Asthma is diagnosed with lung function tests. A spirometer or a PEFM (Peak Expiratory Flow Meter) is used in conjunction with a bronchodilator. The meter is used to assess your lung function before and after inhaling a fast-acting bronchodilator. A diagnosis of asthma is made when there is an improvement in lung function of more than 20% (PEFM) or more than 12%(when using a spirometer) after the bronchodilator is inhaled.
- Asthma is diagnosed when a patient has suggestive symptoms and a positive bronchodilator test.
- Hair loss, also called alopecia or baldness, means a loss of hair from part of the body or head. The severity of hair loss may vary from a small area to the entire body. Typically scarring or inflammation is not present. Hair loss may cause psychological distress in some people.
- Common types of hair loss are male-pattern hair loss, alopecia areata, female-pattern hair loss, and a thinning of hair known as telogen effluvium.
Symptoms Treated With SUNPROTEK 30 LOTION 100ML
What Are The Symptoms Of Acne
- Acne starts out as comedones. People with acne present with blackheads, whiteheads, cysts, pustules (commonly known as “pimples”) or nodules (lumps that form under the skin). Often people with acne suffer from an oily skin complexion.
- Acne is classified as either inflammatory or non-inflammatory acne.
- Comedones are non-inflammatory acne. They can either be closed (whiteheads) or open (blackheads). The color of a blackhead is not debris or an indication of bad skin hygiene, but melanin (the skin’s surface pigment).
- Inflammatory acne occurs when bacteria invade the skin, causing papules or pustules (pimples). Nodules and cysts are also inflammatory lesions. Nodules are deeper skin lesions, while cysts are fluid-filled lumps.
- Acne usually presents in common areas of increased oil production such as the forehead, nose, chin, chest and upper back.
- Acne can be classified as mild, moderate or severe, depending on the amount and type of lesions.
What Are The Symptoms Of Psoriasis
Symptoms of psoriasis vary from patient to patient, depending upon the type of psoriasis they have. The common symptoms of plaque psoriasis are:
- Red skin plaques covered with silver coloured loose scales. These plaques can be painful, itchy and may sometimes bleed after cracking. In severe psoriasis, the plaques of irritated skin grow and merge with each other, and cover larger areas.
- Disorder of toenails and fingernails, including pitting and discoloration of nails.
- There may be swelling and pain in joints due to psoriatic arthritis.
Certain symptoms accompanied with wounds are:
- Blood may ooze out from an injured part of the body.
- Redness on or around the affected area.
- Swelling or inflammation on or around injured area.
- Tenderness and pain are experienced in the wound.
- The Heat radiating out of the wound.
- Infection accompanied by a fever may be caused due to a wound.
- Immobilization of an affected area.
- Pus may be formed in an infected wound, which may smell foul as well.
What Are The Symptoms Of Asthma
- Symptoms of asthma are typically a wheezy or "tight" chest, shortness of breath and recurrent or persistent coughing that is worse at night and early mornings. Coughing or tight chest are often also present after exercise.
- Exercise-induced asthma typically only produces symptoms after exercise.
- Gradual thinning of hair.
Causes of diseases where SUNPROTEK 30 LOTION 100ML is used
What Are The Causes Of Acne
- Causes of acne are multifactorial. There are many myths surrounding causes and home remedies.
- Genetics play the largest role (estimated in 80%) of acne cases.
- Hormones, especially increased testosterone during puberty, play the second biggest role. Androgens increase the production of sebum by the skin’s oil glands as well as an increased production of cells found in the skin’s epidermis (top layer).
- Hormonal changes during normal menstrual cycles, as well as pregnancy also play a role in women.
- The bacteria, Propionibacterium Acnes, which is usually found on the skin, is another important role player. The areas of inflamed skin surrounding comedones make it easier for bacteria to accumulate and grow.
- Although there are many myths surrounding diet in acne, there are few scientific conclusions around its actual role. Carbohydrates and milk products have shown some suggested links, but none are definitive.
- Facial hygiene is important, but plays a small role, especially in severe acne.
What Are The Causes Of Psoriasis
- Weak immunity, in which white blood cells start attacking skin cells mistakenly.
Wounds are generally caused by injuries or accidents, however, the other reasons that may cause wounds are:
- Burns due to heat, and chemical.
- Extreme temperatures like frostbite.
- Certain kind of radiations.
- Some of the health conditions that can be the cause of chronic wounds are as follows:
- Sickle Cell Anaemia.
- Chronic Osteomyelitis.
- Heart Disease.
- High Cholesterol.
- Kidney Failure.
- Bowel disorders.
- Clotting, or circulation disorders, often caused by arteriosclerosis.
- Venous Insufficiency.
- Certain inflammatory diseases that can cause wounds are:
What Are The Causes Of Asthma
- Mostly asthma starts in childhood and is often outgrown in early adulthood. Some asthmatics may, however, need treatment lifelong.
- Asthma has a strong genetic component and is part of the so-called "atopic triad" in childhood which includes allergic rhinitis, atopic dermatitis (eczema) and asthma.
- Early insult to a child's lungs such as neonatal pneumonia or bronchitis may play a role in developing asthma later.
- People with asthma have individual triggers. These triggers are commonly sensitivities to house-dust mites, grass, pollen, animal dander, dairy, wheat, nuts and soy products. Chest infections, cold air or air pollution can also trigger an attack.
- Adult onset starts in the early twenties. There is speculation about possible causes; genetics, smoking and a history of allergies seem to play the biggest part. It affects females more than males.
- Asthma can be caused/ triggered due to any of the following reasons:
1. Airborne substances like pollen, dust mites, pet dander or particles of cockroach waste.
2. Respiratory infections such as common cold
3. Exercise-induced asthma
4. Cold air
5. Air pollutants like smoke
6. Certain medications including beta blockers, aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen
7. Strong emotions, stress
8. Foods which contain Sulphites and preservatives
9. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Asthma is a combination of environmental and genetic factors, as many people live in same conditions. Still, some people get asthma and some don’t.
- Male-pattern hair loss may be caused by a combination of genetic factors and male hormones.
- The cause of alopecia areata is autoimmune diseases.
- The causes for female pattern hair loss are not clear.
- The cause of is telogen effluvium (common following pregnancy) is mostly a psychologically or physically stressful event.
Worst Foods With SUNPROTEK 30 LOTION 100ML
What Are The Worst Foods For Acne
- Avoid foods with a high-glycaemia component (simple sugars/carbohydrates)
- White rice, Rice cakes, Potatoes, Puffed cereals, White Bread, Pasta, Sugar in any form- Honey, and fructose (bananas, mangoes, apricots, pineapples)
- Some studies have linked dairy to acne, although the response is based on the individual
- If you have excluded both carbohydrates and dairy from your diet, and you still struggle with acne, it is advised to consult your doctor for treatment
- If you are already on treatment for acne, eliminating these foods may be complementary.
What Are The Worst Foods For Psoriasis
The following foods should be avoided as they are known to cause or increase inflammation:
- Fatty red meats
- Processed foods
- Dairy products
- Refined sugars
- Nightshade vegetables including tomatoes, potatoes and peppers.
What Are The Worst Foods For Skin care
- Reduce sugar intake.
- Fast food, junk food.
- Cow’s milk (Sometimes cow’s milk is taken from pregnant cows. It has increased levels of hormones, which in turn can cause acne).
What Are The Worst Foods For Wound healing
Some foods that delay or hinder the healing process of a wound may be as mentioned below:
- Nitrate-Rich Foods: Blood vessels in one’s body help the chemicals and cells to move. The movement of chemicals and cells are necessary to heal the wound. By consuming nitrate rich food, these blood vessels can get damaged. A condition known as atherosclerosis can be caused by excessive consumption of nitrate rich foods. In this case, fatty plaques can be formed in the blood vessels which can lead to the rupture of the blood vessels and can further delay the healing process. In addition to these issues, nitrate-rich foods can cause different types of bleeding disorders, heart attack, and even strokes. A few nitrate containing foods are various kinds of processed meats like bacon, deli meats, and hot dogs.
- Spices and spicy foods: Spices may add flavour to the food, but it can be proved harmful during the process of wound healing. Various spices can hinder the process of wound healing, by delaying the clot formation. Some of the spices that may cause wound healing difficult are red pepper, and black pepper
What Are The Worst Foods For Asthma
- Foods with preservatives added to them
- Wine, beer
- Eggs (for children, as some children are allergic to eggs)
- Excessive salt in food
- Oily, fatty foods
- Processed foods
- Full-fat dairy products
- Red meats
- Coffee, tea, chocolate and cola drinks.
- Such foods decrease the nutrients in the body and raise adrenal levels. This results in a chain of reaction of producing more androgen, causing hair loss.
Do's With Usage of SUNPROTEK 30 LOTION 100ML
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Acne
- Consult your doctor sooner rather than later. Early treatment is important, especially for moderate to severe acne, to prevent scarring
- Sunlight has some anti-inflammatory effects. Moderate sunlight exposure may help curb the inflammation, but be sure to use a non-comedogenic sunscreen
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Psoriasis
Please follow your doctor’s advice. Also, you can manage the disease better and control flare ups by following the following tips:
- Keep your body moisturized because dry skin worsens the symptoms. Oily and thick moisturizers are better.
- Use a humidifier when it is dry to keep your skin moist.
- Reduce your alcohol intake.
Eat right, exercise, and maintain a healthy weight.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Skin care
- Drink lots of water.
- Whether you have acne or not, keep your face clean. Cleanse at least twice a day.
- Use natural cleansers to clean your face.
- Exercise and relax.
- Use only good quality skin care products.
- Find out the exact cause of your skin problem as skin problems can be caused due to hormonal changes, taking contraceptive pills, stress, smoking, over exposure to sun etc. Identify the root cause and make your treatment plan accordingly.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Wound healing
One must follow these tips to prevent, and cure wounds:
- Proper cleaning of the wound: One may clean his/her wound with flowing, clean water.
- Applying the pressure gently on the wound by using a clean sterilized bandage or a clean cloth is advised. Application of the pressure restricts the collagen to ooze out of the wound, above the skin level, as the wound heals.
- Wound Massage is advised: Gently and evenly massage the area near the wound with clean fingers. Doing this helps the collagen to break down, which further reduce the chances of scar formation or make them less noticeable.
- Get the dressing changed time to time: It is important to get the dressing changed timely either by an expert or by oneself, to avoid infection.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Asthma
- Identify your asthma triggers and avoid them.
- Always cover yourself fully (especially chest, feet and ears) before going out in cold weather.
- Avoid exercises beyond your physical stamina. Do not over exert.
- Always wear pollution mask if you are staying in high pollution area.
- If asthma is hampering your day to day activities, pl. consult your doctor as he might change your medication.
- Wash your bed sheets and pillow covers every week in hot water to get rid of dust mites.
- Reduce stress.·
- Consult your general practitioner or paediatrician early if your child shows symptoms of asthma. Asthma can be potentially life-threatening, especially in an acute episode.
- Make sure your asthma is controlled. Follow-up with your doctor six months to review and adjust your treatment is necessary. If your asthma is well controlled, your doctor may consider tapering down your treatment.
- Consider doing an allergy test- blood or skin prick. If you have allergic asthma, it will be helpful to know what the triggers are and how to avoid them
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Hair fall, Alopecia
- Take hot oil treatment- olive, coconut, and canola.
- Keep your scalp clean.
- Let the hair dry naturally. Avoid using a hair dryer.
- Eat iron rich food. Add protein, minerals in your diet.
- Find out the causes of hair loss, which may include hormonal or nutritional deficiencies, such as low iron, or low protein
- Thyroid problems or the reason could be genetic. Change your diet as per the cause identified.
- Switch your shampoos.
- Getting 7 hours of sleep, one glass of water every hour and eating protein rich foods can reduce hair loss by up to 80%. Hair is made up of minerals which only water can provide.
- Attend to dandruff as soon as you get it. Prolonged dandruff also leads to hair loss.
Dont's With Usage Of SUNPROTEK 30 LOTION 100ML
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Acne
- Skin moisture balance is essential. Do not over dry your skin with cleaning products. Over drying will cause the skin to produce more sebum, creating a vicious circle.
- Do not use facial scrubs too often, as the exfoliation may worsen the skin’s irritation
- Although it can be very tempting, do not "squeeze" the acne as it causes a spread of bacteria, that can lead to more acne, and may result in scarring.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Psoriasis
- Never pick or pick your scales or patches. It can worsen your psoriasis.
- Certain medications like lithium, propranolol, quinidine etc. are known for flaring up psoriasis. Hence, avoid taking these types of medications if you have psoriasis.
- Dry and cold weather makes symptoms worse in many people. Hence, avoid dry and cold weathers. Hot weather is better, though sometimes it may not be so.
- Avoid scrapes, bumps, cuts and infections as they can flare up a condition called Koebner's phenomenon.
- Don’t go out in sun for more than 20 minutes at a stretch. Apply sunscreen before going out.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Skin care
- Use make-up sparingly.
- Avoid using fragrances, pomades, or gels on your hair. If they get on your face, they can block your skin's pores and irritate your skin.
- Avoid touching your skin part which has acne, rashes. It can spread the bacteria, and also irritate the already inflamed facial skin.
- Do not sleep with make-up on.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Wound healing
Avoid certain things to heal the wounds faster, which are as follows:
- Do not scratch the wounds: Wound may cause itching, but Scratching of a wound can worsen the condition of the wound.
- Do not pick the scabs: Scabs may protect the bruise from the dirt. Scabs may get peeled off as the wound heals.
- Do not smoke: Smoking slowdowns the healing process and may cause certain healing complications.
- Do not let the wound exposed to the air till advised by the doctor: Air exposure to the wounds may cause a decrease in the healing rate of a wound. Certain cells involved in the process may require a moist environment.
- Do not Stay out in the sun for too long: The healing process may slow down due to the exposure to the UV rays.
- Do not use Hydrogen peroxide on the wound: It may cleanse the wound, however, causes damage to the new cell growth, which may slow down the process of healing.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Asthma
- Avoid pets.
- Remove carpets and soft toys from the room of your child as these accumulate dust, dust mites which trigger an asthma attack.
- Avoid dampness in the house. Let fresh air come in. Keep all areas of your house dry.
- Do not smoke, avoid being close to people who smoke.
- Avoid burning of incense (Pooja agarbatti) at home, since it triggers an asthma attack.
- Avoid going to kitchen when food is being cooked, especially frying etc.·
- Do not delay seeking treatment when you suspect to have a chest infection. Because your airways are hyper reactive, an infection can easily trigger an acute asthma attack.
- Do not leave your house without your reliever pump or allow your medication to run out. An acute episode can occur at any time and may be fatal.
- Do not smoke if you have asthma or smoke around your child who has asthma. Passive smoking's effects are just as harmful.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Hair fall, Alopecia
- Do not tie your hair till they dry naturally as tying wet hair weakens the roots of the hair.
- Avoid use of styling tools, chemical filled sprays and colours.
- Avoid stress as it is one of the key reasons for hair loss.
- Do not let dandruff continue for long.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfSUNPROTEK 30 LOTION 100ML
What Are The Tips For Acne
- Zinc and Omega 3 supplementation can be added to maintain normal skin function. Increase water intake (2 liters per day) to help your body detoxify.
- Natural oils, such as tea tree oil, applied topically oil has shown some benefit in mild acne. It is always best to consult your physician first before using any complementary products, as it may interfere with other medications that you are on.
What Are The Tips For Psoriasis
- Avoid fragrances as most soaps and perfumes contain dyes & other chemicals that may irritate your skin.
- Take bath with lukewarm water and moisturize your body immediately after taking bath.
- Avoid stress and include yoga, meditation in your daily routine.
What Are The Tips For Skin care
- Exfoliate your face with scrub made for face.
- De-germ your cell phone.
- Avoid certain drugs that may hinder the body’s healing process.
- Give attention to the hygiene conditions of the wound.
What Are The Tips For Asthma
Having a nebuliser at home will be helpful for acute asthmatic episodes.
- Certain medicines may also cause rapid hair fall. Consult your doctor if you face any such symptom.
- If you are staying in a high pollution area, wash your hair frequently. Instead of using shampoo for hair wash every time, try using powder of gooseberry, soapnut and Acacia continent (Shikakai). Powder of these three ingredients is easily available in grocery shops. Soak 1-1.5 tablespoon of the powder in half glass of water overnight. Sieve it next day morning and wash your hair. A mixture of dried gooseberry, soap nut and Acacia continent (Shikakai) is the best chemical free hair washing agent.