SUPIRON B 10 MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of SUPIRON B 10 MG TABLET
Buspirone is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Excess sweating
- Trouble sleeping
- Pounding heartbeat
Side Effects Of SUPIRON B 10 MG TABLET
Side Effects Of Salt: Buspirone
Some common side effects of buspirone are:
- Drowsiness, nausea
- Dizziness, headache
- Light-headedness, tiredness
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of SUPIRON B 10 MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Buspirone
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug buspirone or any other allergies.
- Bipolar disorder (manic depression)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Kidney problems
- Liver problems
Generalised Anxiety Disorder is a psychiatric condition, and is classified in the DSM-V (Diagnostic and Statistic Manual of Mental disorders, Fifth Edition) by standardised defining criteria.
Generalised anxiety disorder is one of the commonest mental health concerns worldwide, and it is estimated that a significant number of cases are left undiagnosed.
Patients with GAD present with excessive worry and anxiety in usual day-to-day life activities. This worry interferes with their normal functioning and is often regarded as irrational or out of proportion. The worry affects areas such as health, personal relationships, finances, and career.
Diagnosis of GAD may be difficult to make as it is commonly occurs in conjunction with other mental disorders such as depression. Online and easily accessible tools such as the Generalised Anxiety Disorder-7 questionnaire may assist in the diagnosis.
The average age of diagnosis is around thirty years of age.
Insomnia is a common disorder of sleep in which a person fails to fall asleep and also, to stay asleep even after trying. Due to lack of sleep a person might feel exhausted and irritated all the time. Insomnia can be classified into two types:
- Primary insomnia: A sleep disorder that has nothing to do with other health conditions.
- Secondary insomnia: A sleep disorder that occurs due to some other health problems like depression, cancer, asthma, heartburn and arthritis.
Symptoms Treated With SUPIRON B 10 MG TABLET
According to the DSM-V criteria, a patient with GAD must present with at least three of the symptoms listed below. The symptoms must be present for a minimum of six months, on most days, rather than at irregular intervals.
- Feeling impatient or on edge
- Getting worn-out quickly
- Struggling to focus or concentrate. The mind seems like it goes "blank."
- Getting annoyed quite quickly
- Muscle tension
- Some disruption of normal sleeping patterns- either having problems falling asleep, waking up at night, or having restless sleep.
The anxiety or worry must interfere with important areas of functioning such as social or employment spheres. It is important to exclude that the symptoms are not caused by other medical conditions e.g. thyroid function disturbances or by a particular substance or medication.
Patient with GAD may also have other physical manifestations of anxiety, along with those already mentioned. These include:
- Trembling, feeling jittery or being startled easily
- Gastrointestinal upsets such as nausea, diarrhoea or irritable bowel syndrome symptoms.
- Recurrent tension headaches
What Are The Symptoms Of Insomnia
There are various symptoms of insomnia, such as:
- Disturbed sleep.
- Not able to fall asleep even in the most comfortable environment.
- Exhaustion even after getting a sleep.
- Losing focus and staying absent minded.
- Waking up in mid-sleep.
- Short sleep span.
- Feeling anxious about one's sleep.
- Making errors while performing daily tasks.
- Persistent feeling of irritation and depression.
Causes of diseases where SUPIRON B 10 MG TABLET is used
Generalised Anxiety Disorder is not linked to a specific aetiology, but different risk and associated factors have been identified, with a primary focus on genetics and environmental causes.
Life stressor may trigger anxiety in genetically predisposed individuals. Life stressors include social issues such as isolation, lack of family support and poor self-esteem. Financial stressors such as inadequate income or debt may also contribute.
Women are more often affected than men. GAD is seen less often in married couples or those in long-term relationships, than those without a life-partner.
Personality types may also play a role in developing GAD. Avoidant, dependent and obsessive-compulsive personalities are most commonly associated with anxiety.
What Are The Causes Of Insomnia
The most common causes of insomnia are:
- Psychiatric conditions: Depression, anxiety, stress.
- Lifestyle issues, working till late, sedentary lifestyle, taking naps in afternoon.
- Food Habits: Drinking too much of coffee, alcohol, nicotine, heavy food.
- Certain chemical interactions in mind.
- Certain medical conditions like pains, asthma, arthritis, Parkinson's disease.
- Watching television or using a cell phone before sleeping.
Best Foods With SUPIRON B 10 MG TABLET
- Fresh fruits and vegetables give your body the nutrients it needs to keep your cognitive functioning optimal.
- Dehydration may worsen anxiety. Make sure to drink the recommended amount of water per day.
- Tryptophan rich foods. Tryptophan is a precursor of serotonin Foods that contain tryptophan includes: Sesame seeds, peanut butter, chicken, bananas, and turkey.
- Foods that are high in vitamin B such as red meat, tuna, eggs and salmon.
- Low GI carbohydrates. Carbohydrates increase serotonin production in the body, but refined carbohydrates cause insulin spikes. Low GI grains and bread are healthier, keep the blood glucose levels constant, and will increase serotonin levels.
- Food that is high in omega-3 such as mackerel, salmon, tuna, sesame seeds and avocados.
What Are The Best Foods For Insomnia
Tryptophan, calcium, magnesium and vitamin B6 are four key vitamins and mineral that help in inducing good sleep. Some of the foods best for fighting insomnia are:
- Poultry items like turkey, chicken
- Dairy products like milk, yoghurt, cheese
- Seafood like salmon, shrimp, halibut, sardines, tuna, cod)
- Legumes like kidney beans, black beans, lima beans, split peas, chickpeas
- Nuts and seeds like flax, sunflower, sesame, pumpkin, cashews, peanuts, walnuts, almonds
- Vegetables like spinach, turnip greens, broccoli, asparagus, seaweed, onions
- Fruits like apple, banana, peach, avocado
- Grains like wheat, corn, rice, barley, oats
- Dark green leafy vegetables
- Soya beans
- Folate-rich foods: Insomnia is caused by folate deficiency and kiwi has rich folate content. Therefore, kiwi is good for Insomnia.
- Calcium-, Magnesium- and Potassium-rich foods: Almonds and bananas consist of magnesium and potassium which help in muscle relaxation resulting in sound sleep. Almond also has calcium that helps the brain to form sleep-inducing melatonin by altering the amino acid tryptophan.
- Tryptophan-rich foods: Walnut is a rich source of tryptophan, which helps in creating sleep-inducing hormones melatonin and serotonin.
- Lettuce: Lettuce helps in sleeping as it consists of lactucarium that functions as a sedative.
- Tuna: Tuna is rich in vitamin B6 that helps in creating melatonin and serotonin.
Worst Foods With SUPIRON B 10 MG TABLET
- Caffeine- coffee, black tea, chocolate.
- Sugar and artificial sweeteners. Sugar has shown to increase depression and anxiety. Sugar-spikes wreak havoc on your insulin-glucose pathway and induce a "stress-response" in the body that worsens anxiety.
- Foods high in unsaturated fatty acids, that increase neural inflammation.
What Are The Worst Foods For Insomnia
- Alcohol, caffeine
- Spicy foods, especially in dinner
- Foods in high fat, especially just before sleeping
- High protein foods in dinner (proteins or high-fat foods are difficult to digest, hence disturb the sleep.
- Steak: Steak being hard to digest makes the body work more leading to fewer chances of a sound sleep. So, avoiding steak and other hard-to-digest meat options during the night is prudent.
Do's With Usage of SUPIRON B 10 MG TABLET
Exercise. Cardiovascular exercise is a good way to assist with stress relief, as well as managing symptoms of anxiety
Start practicing specific and directed relaxation techniques to help anxiety
Psychotherapy has been proven to be as beneficial as medication and is of additive benefit to patients who are on treatment.
Lower your caffeine intake. Caffeine is a stimulant that releases sympathomimetics (the same chemical neurotransmitters that are released during anxiety or fear
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Insomnia
- Wake up early.
- Exercise, as it makes your body tired enough to induce sleep.
- Eat your dinner at least two hours before sleeping.
- Consider Ayurvedic treatment.
- Do yoga for at least 30 mins a day.
- Sleep at the same time every day, as different schedule on weekend, can also lead to insomnia.
- If one is on certain medication then he /she must consult with a doctor and see if the medication is causing Insomnia.
- Completely, cut down the consumption of alcohol, nicotine and caffeine.
- Make your room conditions comfortable like switch off the lights before you go to the bed, Set the comfortable room temperature, turn off the Television, radio or any music system and also, switch off the cell phones. Try to keep your room as clean as possible.
- Try to relax your mind and body before sleeping by taking a hot water bath, listening to soft music, meditation or light yoga.
Dont's With Usage Of SUPIRON B 10 MG TABLET
- Do not smoke. Nicotine is a stimulant that stimulates your cardiovascular system and mimics a stress response. However, anticipated difficulty with quitting smoking may worsen anxiety. It is important to consult a doctor or counsellor to assist you, as well as to ensure that you have a good support structure around you, before attempting to stop.
- Avoid alcohol. It is a sedative but may cause a reflex/ compensatory stimulatory response by your body. Dehydration, impaired cognitive functioning, and memory impairment seen in alcohol use may also contribute to anxiety. Alcohol also lowers serotonin levels, which are important in maintaining mood and anxiety.
- Do not isolate yourself. Pursue meaningful inter-personal relationships and spend time with loved ones, as this has shown to lower anxiety
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Insomnia
- Avoid short naps.
- Avoid drinking too much of alcohol, caffeine.
- Avoid checking emails, messages if you suddenly wake up in the night.
- Avoid over use of electronic devices, especially just before going to bed.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfSUPIRON B 10 MG TABLET
- Supplements such as omega-3, as well as magnesium and calcium may be beneficial.
- Aromatherapy, massage therapy, and reflexology may also assist with anxiety and stress reduction in general.
What Are The Tips For Insomnia
- Drink warm milk before sleeping.
- Drink almond milk before sleeping.
- Avoid heavy meals in dinner.