SYLATE M 500MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Ethamsylate 2) Mefenamic acid
Uses Of SYLATE M 500MG TABLET
Ethamsylate is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Excessive bleeding during mensuration or surgery
- Excessive bleeding caused due to various other conditions like Menorrhagia and Hemorrhages.
It works by promoting platelet adhesion.
Used in short-term management of haemorrhage ; Long-term management of hereditary angioEdema
Side Effects Of SYLATE M 500MG TABLET
The common side effects of Ethamsylate are:
- Nausea, diarrhea, headache, vomiting
- Rash, fever
Some severe (but rare) side effects are:
- Hormone imbalance
- Slow growth in children and teenagers
- Dark Urine
- Yellowing of eyes/ skin
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Side effects include Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, disturbances in colour vision, giddiness, hypotension (after rapid IV inj), thromboembolic events.
Contraindications Of SYLATE M 500MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Ethamsylate
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug Ethamsylate or any other allergies
- Coeliac disease
Severe renal failure, active intravascular clotting, thromboembolic disease, colour vision disorders, subarachnoid bleeding