TEGRITAL 400MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of TEGRITAL 400MG TABLET
Side Effects Of TEGRITAL 400MG TABLET
Drowsiness and nausea are common side effects where as a suicidal tendency, a decrease in bone marrow performance and skin rashes are rare but severe side effects of the medicine.
Contraindications Of TEGRITAL 400MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Carbamazepine
Nursing mothers and pregnant women should not use the drug since it may harm the child.
Epilepsy is a chronic nervous system disorder in which activity of the nerve cell in the brain becomes unprovoked and disrupted causing seizures and unconsciousness. The seizures may be mild or severe, but it can affect the whole brain and that can lead to spasms and hardly controllable muscle twitches. It’s quite a common disease hence; it can be treated with proper medications.
Schizophrenia is a severe and chronic mental disorder, which affects the way a person thinks, behaves or feels. Schizophrenia in children is very rare and its symptoms usually start between 16-30 years of age.
People with schizophrenia often seem as if they have lost touch with reality.
Symptoms Treated With TEGRITAL 400MG TABLET
What Are The Symptoms Of Epilepsy
| There are a number of symptoms of this disease as it affects nervous system which controls the whole body. Sometimes symptoms can be mild but sometimes it can be severe. The most common are: - |
- Temporary paralysis post seizure
- Jerking and uncontrollable movements of the legs and arms
- Change in behaviour.
- Staring blankly.
- Performing repetitive movements.
- Confusion for a short time.
- Loss of consciousness and vision.
Symptoms of Schizophrenia can be categorized into following three categories:
1. Positive symptoms: Psychotic behaviours, not seen in healthy people normally. People having positive symptoms sometimes lose touch with some aspects of reality. Positive symptoms may be:
- Movement disorders
- The dysfunctional or unusual way of thinking, thinking disorder.
2. Negative symptoms: Negative symptoms disrupt normal behaviours and emotions. Some of the symptoms are:
- Flat affect: Expression of emotions through voice, tone or face reduces.
- The feeling of pleasure reduces in everyday life.
- Lesser speaking
- Difficulty in starting or sustaining activities.
3. Cognitive symptoms: These are subtle for some and severe for others. Patients may experience changes in memory or other thinking aspects. Cognitive symptoms include:
- Executive functioning: Poor ability to understand, process and make use of information for decision making.
- Trouble in focusing or paying attention.
- Problems with working memory: the ability to make use of information immediately after learning it.
Causes of diseases where TEGRITAL 400MG TABLET is used
What Are The Causes Of Epilepsy
| The disease epilepsy has no identifiable or exact cause, some of the common factors were found in the patients and it concludes some of the possible causes. Here are the ones: - |
- Brain tumours and strokes can cause epilepsy.
- Head injury in a car accident or other incident.
- Genetic is considered as one of the causes.
- Lack of oxygen to the brain.
- Serious illness or very high fever.
- Prenatal Injuries is a possible cause as the brain of a baby is too sensitive that a minor jerk can cause this sometimes.
Exact causes of schizophrenia are unknown; however, a combination of physical, environmental, certain factors like genetic and psychological factors seems to play an important role in the development of schizophrenia.
Some factors that can lead to schizophrenia are as follows:
- Brain development
- Changes in levels of neurotransmitters
- Complications during birth.
- Drug abuse
Best Foods With TEGRITAL 400MG TABLET
What Are The Best Foods For Epilepsy
| Diet plays an important role in curing or prevention from diseases thus, it should be taken care of. Here are some best tips for the efficient diet. |
- Seeds and walnuts: Walnuts are the good source of good fat which can help whereas seeds like pumpkin seed can provide an efficient quantity of manganese in the body that makes it a perfect food for the management of the disease named epilepsy.
- Food with Vitamin E and B-6: The people suffering from this disease have generally a deficiency of the vitamins. Vitamin-E increases antioxidants abilities whereas the Vitamin B-6 is known as a treatment for pyridoxine-dependent seizures (a type of epilepsy).
- Meat and Seafood: They are rich sources of protein and other nutrients that support or strengthen the immune system. This type of diet treatment is known as a ketogenic diet. A ketogenic diet can help reduce or eliminate seizures completely.
- Coconut butter and oil: It is also a part of the ketogenic diet. It is high in MCT fats which are considered a good cure for this disease. This butter is not only rich in fat but also rich in fibre and potassium. Go for this other than saturated fat from dairy products.
- Fruits and vegetables: They provide a rich amount of antioxidants and that defends the body from diseases. Eat colourful berries as much as possible. This includes berries, cherries, spinach, tomatoes, kale, and broccoli. Adding these in the diet can really be helpful.
What Are The Best Foods For Schizophrenia
- Fish oil and Omega 3 fatty acids usually found in linseed, salmon and mackerel, sardines, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, soya bean and hen’s eggs.
- Omega 3 fatty acids contain a chemical called EPA, which is vital to the functioning of the nervous and immune system. In children, it is necessary for good brain development.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables with colours, which will fulfil your daily need of anti-oxidants.
- Eat vitamin B rich whole foods like nuts, seeds, whole grains, beans, fruits and vegetables.
- Folic acids rich foods like green vegetables, beans, lentils, nuts and seeds
- B12 rich foods like meat, fish, eggs and dairy produce.
Worst Foods With TEGRITAL 400MG TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Epilepsy
| Some of the foods act as an enhancer of the disease. Thus, avoid them completely. Some of them are: - |
- Sugar: It imbalances the blood sugar in the body causing more seizures. It acts as a trigger of symptoms. Thus, try to limit or avoid completely.
- Refined Carbohydrates: Experts say that fluctuations in glucose level in the body can trigger seizures. To balance, avoid foods which raise your glucose level. These foods include soft drinks, white bread, cakes, bagels, white rice, white pasta and chips.
- Alcohol and Caffeine: The diseases get worse with the intake of alcohol and caffeine as these not only affect the nervous system but also affect the sleep.
- Eliminate artificial Sweeteners: There are a number of artificial sweeteners that cause excessive nerve cell firing and increase the risk of seizure attacks.
- MSG: The food additives such as MSG are considered as excitotoxins that promote nerve cells to burst out. Hence, they are highly suggested to avoid.
What Are The Worst Foods For Schizophrenia
- Carbonated drinks full of sugary syrup are dangerous for people with schizophrenia.
- Gluten rich foods like pasta, bread, barley
- Dried fruits (these have high sugar content and reduce a key hormone of the brain called BNDF)
- Processed foods as they can cause nutritional deficiencies
- Stimulants like caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine.
Do's With Usage of TEGRITAL 400MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Epilepsy
Doctor’s suggestions are always helpful. Indeed, different doctors give different opinions, but here are some most common tips that a close one can follow.
- Remove the individual’s specs and tie if possible and also the objects that are sharp.
- Place something soft under the patient’s head.
- Make him speak more.
- Check medicines or any medical identification.
- Make person lie down at the corner.
- After a seizure, turn the victim to his side.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Schizophrenia
If you have a family member with schizophrenia, remember that:
- A delusion doesn’t go away by reasoning and hence no discussion is needed.
- Separate the person from the disorder. Love the person, irrespective of your hate for the disorder.
- You may need to renegotiate your emotional relationship and to revise your expectations.
- Strange behaviour is the symptom of the disorder. Hence, don't take it personally.
- You are not alone. Sharing your feelings and thoughts with others in a support group is helpful and relieves stress.
Dont's With Usage Of TEGRITAL 400MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Epilepsy
| Here are some don’ts which experts believe that can help the patient a lot. Thus, pay an attention to it. |
- Do not panic or be afraid.
- Do not insert any object in the patient’s mouth.
- Don’t offer any food or liquid even water as it can cause choking.
- Do not try to hold the person with physical pressure.
- Do not crowd around the victim.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Schizophrenia
In order to lower the risk of schizophrenia, one should:
- Avoid social isolation. Be socially active.
- Avoid street drugs and reduce alcohol.
- Don’t’ continue under stress for long. Take professional counselor's help on how to reduce stress.
- Learn to manage your relationships in a healthy manner.
- Keep yourself busy as the idle mind is more prone to mental disorders.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfTEGRITAL 400MG TABLET
What Are The Tips For Epilepsy
Here are some other tips which can also be beneficial for the patient: -
- Learn stress management and relaxation techniques like meditation.
- Sleep more and in a proper manner.
- Take all the medicines on time and stay always in touch with your doctor.
- Try to engage the patient in conversation, whenever he/she talks about his/her fear
- Schizophrenia can relapse any time, hence watch out for symptoms.
- Do not leave the treatment once the patient starts feeling better. Complete the treatment till doctor advises.
- Pl. don’t challenge the patient’s beliefs or delusions, as very ‘real’ for the person who is experiencing it.