TELMISAT 40MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of TELMISAT 40MG TABLET
Telmisartan is used to treat (hypertension) high blood pressure. Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent heart attacks, strokes, and kidney problems. It relaxes blood vessels so that blood can flow more easily.
Telmisartan is sometimes given together with other blood pressure medications.
Side Effects Of TELMISAT 40MG TABLET
Some patients might feel some symptoms for initial few days of starting the medicines, however, in most of the cases these symptoms disappear within a short time. Some of the common side effects of Telmisartan are:
- Blurred vision
- Back pain as your body adjusts to the medication
- Other side effects of Telmisartan include:
- Stuffy nose
- Sinus pain
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
Pl. consult your doctors if you experience any of the above symptoms for more than a week.
Contraindications Of TELMISAT 40MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Telmisartan
Pl. inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
Renal Artery Stenosis, Liver Problems, Blockage of a Bile Duct, Abnormally Low Blood Pressure, Kidney Disease, Pregnancy, Decreased Blood Volume, High Amount of Potassium in the Blood, Extreme Loss of Body Water.
Cardiovascular risk factors are the habits and conditions that increase your risk of coronary heart disease, heart failure, heart attack, hypertensive heart disease, cardiomyopathy, congenital heart disease, carditis, aortic aneurysms, thromboembolic disease, rheumatic heart disease, heart arrhythmia, valvular heart disease, peripheral artery disease and venous thrombosis. These factors also increase the chances of the existing conditions of the cardiovascular heart disease (CHD) to worsen.
CHD is also known coronary artery disease. This is a condition where the inner walls of the coronary arteries (the arteries that supply the heart with oxygen-rich blood) are coated with a build-up of plaque, which is a waxy substance. The plaque causes the narrowing of the arteries and reduces the flow of blood to the heart.
This reduced blood flow causes chest pain, especially if you are active and ultimately, an area coated with plaque can rupture, which causes a blood clot to be formed on the plaque’s surface. If the blood clot becomes very big, it can block the blood flow to the part of the heart which is supplied by the particular artery. And, the blocked blood flow causes a heart attack.
Hypertension, also known as high blood pressure in common language, is a long term medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is persistently elevated.
Symptoms Treated With TELMISAT 40MG TABLET
While cardiovascular risk by itself does not have any symptoms, the symptoms are usually seen in the case you suffer from heart attack or stroke. And, some of the symptoms and signs of a heart attack and stroke are:
The symptoms of heart attack are:
- A pressure that is very uncomfortable, squeezing or pain in the centre of the chest that occurs for a minute or more, disappears and then comes back.
- Discomfort or pain in one of the arms or both of them, in the jaw, back, stomach or neck.
- Shortness of breath, which may or may not be accompanied by discomfort in the chest.
- Other symptoms like nausea, feeling lightheaded, breaking out into a cold sweat, etc.
The symptoms of stroke are:
- Sudden trouble in speaking and understanding things, confusion.
- Sudden weakness or numbness in the face, arm or leg, especially occurring on one side of the body.
- Problem with vision in one or both the eyes.
- An unexpected and severe headache, without any cause.
- Sudden dizziness, loss of coordination or balance or trouble in walking.
What Are The Symptoms Of Hypertension
High blood pressure in itself usually does not cause symptoms, but long term high blood pressure is a major risk factor for coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, vision loss, stroke, heart failure, and chronic kidney disease.
Causes of diseases where TELMISAT 40MG TABLET is used
Causes of cardiovascular risk
Some of the causes of cardiovascular risk are:
- High blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol or LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Being overweight and obesity
- Diabetes and prediabetes
- Being post-menopausal
- No physical activity
- Unhealthy diet
- Stress and anxiety
Some factors that cause a cardiovascular risk that cannot be controlled are:
- Family history of cardiovascular disease
- Wrong life style, lack of physical activity
- Eating disorders
- Old age, over weight
- Too much of salt in diet, alcohol
Best Foods With TELMISAT 40MG TABLET
- Consume foods that are rich in unsaturated, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats that contain omega-3 fatty acids like olive oil, avocados, nuts, vegetables, seeds and fish as these are good for heart health.
- Follow a diet that is high in vegetables and fruits as they help to protect the heart against heart disease, heart attack and stroke.
- Whole grains are very healthy as they contain B-vitamins, folic acid and fibre that protects against heart disease. Eat whole grains like brown rice, quinoa, amaranth, millets, etc.
What Are The Best Foods For Hypertension
- Eat foods which are rich in potassium, magnesium and fibre. Some of the foods recommended for hypertension are:
- Beetroots are considered the wonder food for high blood pressure. They contain nitrite, which opens the blood vessels and lowers blood pressure. Cook beetroots or drink juice, either way, it will be healthy for you.
- Add spices like garlic, basil leaves, ginger, cumin to spice up your meals. This will make up for the lack of the taste of food, caused by low salt.
- Green, leafy vegetables
- Low-fat dairy products, Yogurt (fat-free)
- Lean meat, poultry products
- Nuts, seeds, and legumes
- Fruits like Apples, apricots, broccoli, carrots, bananas, mangoes, melons, pineapples, oranges, peaches, and strawberries.
- Collards, green beans, green peas, kale, dates, grapes, lima beans, potatoes, raisins, sweet potatoes, spinach, squash, tomatoes.
Worst Foods With TELMISAT 40MG TABLET
- Avoid a diet that is high in saturated fats and trans fats like cheese, animal products, French fries, chips, bacon, pasties, etc. as these increase the cholesterol levels and also the cardiovascular risk.
- Avoid a diet that is high in sodium as increases the risk of hypertension (high blood pressure) that increases cardiovascular risk.
- Avoid processed and refined grains and products like white rice, white bread and white pasta as they increase the risk of heart disease.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it damages the heart muscles and increases cardiovascular risk leading to cardiac arrhythmia and stroke.
- Avoid sugary foods and beverages like parties, doughnuts, cakes, fizzy drinks, sports drinks, colas, etc. as these increases cardiovascular risk.
What Are The Worst Foods For Hypertension
- Limit your sodium intake to 1500 milligrams (less than one tablespoon) per day. Avoid foods like:
- Canned juices, processed foods
- Fatty food, oily food
- The more an item stays in food, the more sodium it accumulates. Canned foods need to stay longer and need preservatives. Salt is a good preservative, used in most of the canned foods. However, the longer a vegetable stays in salt, the more sodium it accumulates. Hence, it is always suggested to eat freshly cooked food, then frozen or pre-cooked food.
- Coffee: People who have low blood pressure are recommended coffee as it increases blood pressure. Those with high BP should immediately stop drinking coffee as it contains caffeine, the main culprit of hypertension.
- Alcohol: Having 3 drinks at a time can increase your blood pressure for a short while. Regularly drinking alcohol can result in long term hypertension.
Do's With Usage of TELMISAT 40MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Cardiovascular risk
Follow a regular exercise routine. Physical activity helps to prevent many chronic health problems including reducing cardiovascular risk as it not only regulates your weight but also helps to improve the use of insulin by your body. Being active also helps to improve blood lipid levels, blood glucose levels, blood pressure, blood vessel health and also reduces inflammation all the factors that cause CHD.
Follow a healthy diet, as this is essential to prevent cardiovascular disease. Diet is the main factor that you can change that will influence the other factors of cardiovascular risk.
Keep your cholesterol levels in control by following a healthy diet and exercise and medication (if required).
Keep your blood pressure and diabetes under control with the help of a healthy diet, exercise and medication.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Hypertension
- 30 minutes of yoga every day can help you reduce high blood pressure. Pranayama is the best yoga for controlling high BP.
- Do conscious breathing for 3o minutes every day.
- End your exercise with 5 minutes of Shavasana.
- Do the brisk walk for 30 minutes a day.
Dont's With Usage Of TELMISAT 40MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Cardiovascular risk
- Avoid smoking or chewing tobacco as they increase cardiovascular risk. Passive smoking also increases cardiovascular risk.
- Avoid sedentary lifestyle.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Hypertension
- Do not stay awake till long. Have adequate sleep.
- Reduce stress, avoid stressful situations.
- Reduce weight, if you are obese.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfTELMISAT 40MG TABLET
- You must take up risk assessments to determine your risk of developing a heart disease, stroke and heart attack in the future. And, if you are at a higher risk for heart disease, then you must begin treatment to prevent the same.
- Stress, anger and anxiety are major causes that increase cardiovascular risk. Adopting calming techniques like meditation, breathing exercises, yoga, tai chi, massage, etc. can help you relax and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- It is recommended that after the age of 65, women must take 81mg of aspirin daily to reduce cardiovascular risk. However, it is a good idea to check with your doctor before taking it.