TELVAS 3D 80MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Telmisartan 2) Amlodipine 3) Hydrochlorothiazide
Uses Of TELVAS 3D 80MG TABLET
Telmisartan is used to treat (Hypertension) high blood pressure. Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent heart attacks, strokes, and kidney problems. It relaxes blood vessels so that blood can flow more easily.
Telmisartan is sometimes given together with other blood pressure medications.
Amlodipine is used for treating:
- Pain-angina->Chest Pain (angina)
- High blood pressure (Hypertension)
- Other conditions caused due to coronary artery diseases.
Amlodipine works by dilating or widening of blood vessels, thus improving blood flow.
Hydrochlorothiazide is used for treating:
- First line of treatment of high blood pressure
- Swelling caused by Fluid build-up due to conditions like Heart failure, kidney disease, liver disease.
Other uses include:
- Renal tubular acidosis
- Diabetes insipidus
- Decreasing the risk of Kidney Stones in people with high calcium levels in urine.
Side Effects Of TELVAS 3D 80MG TABLET
Some patients might feel some symptoms for initial few days of starting the medicines, however, in most of the cases these symptoms disappear within a short time. Some of the common side effects of Telmisartan are:
- Blurred vision
- Back pain as your body adjusts to the medication
- Other side effects of Telmisartan include:
- Stuffy nose
- Sinus pain
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
Pl. consult your doctors if you experience any of the above symptoms for more than a week.
Side Effects Of Salt: Amlodipine
Many people using Amlodipine don’t experience any side-effects. However, pl. consult your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following side-effects:
- Light headedness (Get up slowly while rising from a lying or sitting position, to lower the risk of dizziness and light headedness.)
- Swelling ankles/feet
Any of the following side-effects may occur, as your body adjusts to the Hydrochlorothiazide:
- Upset stomach
Contraindications Of TELVAS 3D 80MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Telmisartan
Pl. inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
Renal Artery Stenosis, Liver Problems, Blockage of a Bile Duct, Abnormally Low Blood Pressure, Kidney Disease, Pregnancy, Decreased Blood Volume, High Amount of Potassium in the Blood, Extreme Loss of Body Water.
Contraindications Of Salt: Amlodipine
Patients having any of the following conditions should not take Amlodipine.
- Severe Narrowing of the Aortic Heart Valve
- Severely Low Blood Pressure
- Severe Liver Disease
Before using Hydrochlorothiazide, tell your doctor if you have medical history of:
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
Hypertension, also known as high blood pressure in common language, is a long term medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is persistently elevated.
A feeling of squeezing or pressure in the chest may be associated with angina. It may be a feeling like a heart attack, however, most of the times; it is considered as a warning sign of the future heart attack.
The chest pain (angina) can happen if the sufficient amount of blood is not flowing into the parts of the heart. It is regarded as a symptom of the heart disease. It can occur if anything blocks the arteries or there is a decreased blood flow in some arteries. Arteries are responsible in order to bring the oxygen-rich blood in the heart.
Angina generally goes away in a short period of time. But, it can be an alarming sign of a life-risking heart problem. It is very important to get checked by a specialist as early as possible in order to avoid a heart attack.
Angina can be of different types as follows:
- Stable angina: It is the most common type of angina. It can be triggered by the physical activities or stress. It can last for a few minutes and goes away when an individual takes rest. Stable angina is not a heart attack, although it can be an alarming sign of developing heart attack in the near future. A Specialist should be consulted without any delay.
- Unstable angina: An individual can experience this type of angina while he/she is not very active or taking rest. The pain, associated with it, can be strong as well as long-lasting. It can frequently come back. It is considered as a signal of developing heart attack very soon. So, a Specialist should be consulted in this regard as soon as possible.
- Prinzmetal's angina (or variant angina): It is a rare type of angina that can happen at night in the time of resting or sleeping. The arteries in the heart can suddenly narrow or tightened. It can be associated with lots of pain and individuals should be given the proper treatment as soon as possible.
Symptoms Treated With TELVAS 3D 80MG TABLET
What Are The Symptoms Of Hypertension
High blood pressure in itself usually does not cause symptoms, but long term high blood pressure is a major risk factor for coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, vision loss, stroke, heart failure, and chronic kidney disease.
Chest pain (angina) that is experienced in the chest region can be associated with the following symptoms:
- Pressure, squeezing
- Tightening, heaviness
- Aching or burning across the chest, it usually starts behind the breastbone.
The particular pain can be spread into the jaw, neck, throat, shoulders, teeth, or back. Sometimes, patients can also complain of the following symptoms:
- Heartburn, indigestion
- Sweating, shortness of breath.
- Weakness, nausea
Stable angina generally lasts for a small period of time. Sometimes, it may feel like indigestion or gas. Unstable angina generally occurs at a resting position. It can be a surprising effect as well as lasts longer and may be complicated over time. Another type of angina is variant angina that generally occurs at a resting posting and can be severe.
Causes of diseases where TELVAS 3D 80MG TABLET is used
- Wrong life style, lack of physical activity
- Eating disorders
- Old age, over weight
- Too much of salt in diet, alcohol
Chest pain (angina) usually occurs due to a heart disease. If a fatty substance (plaque) builds up in the arteries, then it can block the normal blood flow to the heart muscles. For this particular situation, the heart is forced in order to work with less oxygen. It results in pain. The arteries can also be associated with the blood clots that can result in heart attacks.
Some of the less common causes of the angina are as follows:
- If a major artery of the lungs (called pulmonary embolism) is associated with a blockage, then the angina can develop.
- If a valve in the central part of the heart (aortic stenosis) gets narrowed, then the angina can occur.
- A thickened or enlarged heart (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy) can develop this particular situation.
- If the sac associated with heart (pericarditis), experiences swelling, then angina may develop.
- Tearing of the aorta (the largest artery in the body) wall can develop this situation.
Best Foods With TELVAS 3D 80MG TABLET
What Are The Best Foods For Hypertension
- Eat foods which are rich in potassium, magnesium and fibre. Some of the foods recommended for hypertension are:
- Beetroots are considered the wonder food for high blood pressure. They contain nitrite, which opens the blood vessels and lowers blood pressure. Cook beetroots or drink juice, either way, it will be healthy for you.
- Add spices like garlic, basil leaves, ginger, cumin to spice up your meals. This will make up for the lack of the taste of food, caused by low salt.
- Green, leafy vegetables
- Low-fat dairy products, Yogurt (fat-free)
- Lean meat, poultry products
- Nuts, seeds, and legumes
- Fruits like Apples, apricots, broccoli, carrots, bananas, mangoes, melons, pineapples, oranges, peaches, and strawberries.
- Collards, green beans, green peas, kale, dates, grapes, lima beans, potatoes, raisins, sweet potatoes, spinach, squash, tomatoes.
Following foods can be consumed when suffering from angina pain after consulting with the doctor:
- Fibre-rich foods: These types of foods help in maintaining a lower cholesterol level and thus prevent chest pain (angina). Such types of foods are beans, oats, peas, barley, apples, citrus, and psyllium.
- Consume lean proteins: Lean proteins such as fish, skinless chicken, and beans are helpful in preventing chest pain (angina).
- Vitamin C rich foods: Consuming vitamin C rich diet helps to keep the cholesterol under control. Good cholesterol level significantly decreases the risk of angina pain. Vitamin C rich foods that one must consume are oranges, grapes, pineapple, broccoli, etc.
Worst Foods With TELVAS 3D 80MG TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Hypertension
- Limit your sodium intake to 1500 milligrams (less than one tablespoon) per day. Avoid foods like:
- Canned juices, processed foods
- Fatty food, oily food
- The more an item stays in food, the more sodium it accumulates. Canned foods need to stay longer and need preservatives. Salt is a good preservative, used in most of the canned foods. However, the longer a vegetable stays in salt, the more sodium it accumulates. Hence, it is always suggested to eat freshly cooked food, then frozen or pre-cooked food.
- Coffee: People who have low blood pressure are recommended coffee as it increases blood pressure. Those with high BP should immediately stop drinking coffee as it contains caffeine, the main culprit of hypertension.
- Alcohol: Having 3 drinks at a time can increase your blood pressure for a short while. Regularly drinking alcohol can result in long term hypertension.
Following foods should not be consumed in the case of angina pain:
- Consume less red meat: Red meat, such as lamb, pork, goat, veal, etc. is rich in saturated fat that enhances the cholesterol levels. An individual should try to consume one meat-free meal on a regular basis in order to prevent angina.
- Limit your salt intake: Salt can cause fluid retention that can enhance the blood pressure as well as can worsen chest pain. High sodium foods that one must avoid to reduce the risk of angina are pickles, pizza, etc.
Do's With Usage of TELVAS 3D 80MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Hypertension
- 30 minutes of yoga every day can help you reduce high blood pressure. Pranayama is the best yoga for controlling high BP.
- Do conscious breathing for 3o minutes every day.
- End your exercise with 5 minutes of Shavasana.
- Do the brisk walk for 30 minutes a day.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Chest pain (angina)
- To protect oneself from angina, following things can be done after consulting with the doctor:
- Before initiating any prolonged physical activity like having intercourse or walking uphill, consider taking nitroglycerin (ask your doctor before taking it).
- Consider Deep breathing: Stress is one of the major causes of angina pain. Therefore, it is important to manage stress. Stress can be released by performing deep breathing.
- Maintain a healthy weight: A healthy weight should be maintained in order to protect the heart. An overweight can force the heart in order to work harder for pumping blood across the body and that can result in an increased blood pressure. It can trigger the chest pain.
- Stop your activity as soon as angina pain is felt: If one experiences angina pain while performing some activity, he/she must immediately discontinue the particular activity and take rest.
- Immediately stand up or sit, if angina is experienced while sleeping or lying. This helps to release the pressure built-up in the heart.
Dont's With Usage Of TELVAS 3D 80MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Hypertension
- Do not stay awake till long. Have adequate sleep.
- Reduce stress, avoid stressful situations.
- Reduce weight, if you are obese.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Chest pain (angina)
To protect oneself from chest pain following things should not be done after consulting with the doctor:
- Do not do heavy exercises: Regular exercising as well as maintaining an active schedule is very important in order to keep the heart as well as blood vessels in a good working condition. Proper exercise can also be helpful in order to lose weight and maintain a healthy blood pressure level. Thus, angina can be prevented. Make sure you don’t do vigorous exercises and it should be conducted under expert guidance as heavy exercise may increase the chances of angina.
- Do not work in an industry that requires vigorous physical activities: Try to change the job, if it requires heavy physical work. As heavy physical work may induce the episodes of angina pain.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfTELVAS 3D 80MG TABLET
If an individual is associated with high cholesterol, high blood pressure, or diabetes, then he/she should take care of the following things in order to prevent angina:
- A healthy blood pressure should be maintained. Lower blood pressure will also be helpful in various other health issues, such as kidney disease, diabetes, heart problems, or stroke.
- Keeping a healthy blood sugar level is also very important for preventing angina.