TERBINATOR M CREAM 10GM has the following salts in its composition
1) Terbinafine 2) Mometasone Topical
Uses Of TERBINATOR M CREAM 10GM
It is used in the treatment of certain types of fungal infectionssuch as toenail Ringworm, fungal nail infections and Pityriasis versicolor (skin eruption).
It is taken orally or applied in the form of cream or ointment to the skin. It works by stopping the growth of fungus.
Mometasone Topical is used for treating skin conditions like Eczema, allergies, Psoriasis, and rashes. It decreases inflammation, Itching, and redness.
Side Effects Of TERBINATOR M CREAM 10GM
Some of the common side-effects may be:
- Nausea, diarrhoea,
- Rash, and elevated liver enzymes
- Skin irritation
- Itching, hives
Consult your doctor if any of the following severe side effects occurs:
- Diarrhoea, constipation,
- Abdominal pain, indigestion
- Depression, anxiety
- Liver inflammation
- Decreased WBC
Allergic skin rash, Irritation, mild burning may occur when used for the first time. If the symptoms persist, pl. consult your doctor
Contraindications Of TERBINATOR M CREAM 10GM
Contraindications Of Salt: Terbinafine
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnancy or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding
- History of any allergic reaction
- Chronic ?liver disease
A fungus is a group of organisms that make spores. Fungi live mostly everywhere and usually don’t cause infections or skin growths. But, you may occasionally get fungal growths on your skin, like ringworm, jock itch, or vaginal yeast infection, athlete's foot.
- It is a fungal nail infection occurring due to the attack of a fungus on the fingernail, toenail, or a skin under the nail, called the nail bed. The attack of fungus can be through small skin cuts in the skin around the nail or sometimes through the opening between the nail and nail bed. For a healthy person, the fungal nail is not the that serious problem. But it may not look nice, may hurt, or may damage nail or nail bed. For a person with diabetes or a weak immune system, it may lead to a more serious problem.
Eczema also called atopic dermatitis, is a set of skin conditions that cause the skin inflammation and irritation.
It commonly appears on face, wrists, hands, knees or feet. It may also affect other areas.
Eczema is not contagious; hence there is no risk of it getting spread from one person to another.
Psoriasis is a long-lasting autoimmune disease. In psoriasis, skin cells multiply 10 times faster than their normal. The volume of underlying cells, which reach the surface of the skin and die, causes red and raised plaques. These are covered with white scales. Psoriasis usually occurs on elbows, knees, and scalp, though it may also occur on palms, soles of feet or torso.
There are mainly five types of psoriasis: plaque, inverse, guttate, pustular, and erythrodermic.
Symptoms Treated With TERBINATOR M CREAM 10GM
- Darkening of skin, redness
- Rashes or small bump
- Brittle, discoloured nails or thickening of nails.
What Are The Symptoms Of Eczema
Eczema, irrespective of the part of body affected, has following symptoms:
- Dark, thick and patchy skin
- Cracked and rough skin
What Are The Symptoms Of Psoriasis
Symptoms of psoriasis vary from patient to patient, depending upon the type of psoriasis they have. The common symptoms of plaque psoriasis are:
- Red skin plaques covered with silver coloured loose scales. These plaques can be painful, itchy and may sometimes bleed after cracking. In severe psoriasis, the plaques of irritated skin grow and merge with each other, and cover larger areas.
- Disorder of toenails and fingernails, including pitting and discoloration of nails.
- There may be swelling and pain in joints due to psoriatic arthritis.
Causes of diseases where TERBINATOR M CREAM 10GM is used
- Weakened immune system
- Certain medications like antibiotics
- Keeping skin wet for long
- Swimming in infected water
- Using contaminated items like towel, clothes
- Yeast, moulds, and different types of fungus are the causes of fungal nail infection. Mostly the ground of fungus is one that causes athlete’s foot.
What Are The Causes Of Eczema
Exact causes of eczema are still unknown, but it is often triggered by an overactive response by body’s immune system to an irritant. People who have the family history of certain allergies or asthma are more at risk of developing eczema.
Certain foods like nuts or dairy products can also trigger eczema. Environmental factors or pollens also trigger eczema in some patients.
What Are The Causes Of Psoriasis
- Weak immunity, in which white blood cells start attacking skin cells mistakenly.
Worst Foods With TERBINATOR M CREAM 10GM
- Poor eating habits lead to the poor immune system, which in turn leads to the risk of catching the fungal infection. You should avoid:
- Eating stale food, bacteria laden water.
- Too much use of anti-biotics, as weakens the immune system.
- High amounts of processed foods (especially sugar).
- Foods with high glycemic acid (white bread, most white rice, high sugar breakfast cereals).
- Dairy products except for probiotic yoghurt.
- Nuts and seeds like Cashews and pistachios which have the high content of carbohydrates.
- Smoked meat.
What Are The Worst Foods For Eczema
Following foods may not cause allergies, but can trigger inflammation. Hence, if you have eczema, you should limit your intake of:
- Soy, Soy sauce, pickles, spicy foods
- Dairy products
- Foods containing preservatives or having artificial ingredients. Foods in this category are fast foods, junk foods, trans fats, margarine etc.
- Oranges, tomato, grapes and grape products like wine, grape juice etc. Grapes are rich in MSG, which worsens eczema.
- Kiwi fruit, a strongly acidifying food.
- Avocado, good food to have in the diet when you don’t have eczema. But those who have eczema should avoid it as it worsens the disease.
What Are The Worst Foods For Psoriasis
The following foods should be avoided as they are known to cause or increase inflammation:
- Fatty red meats
- Processed foods
- Dairy products
- Refined sugars
- Nightshade vegetables including tomatoes, potatoes and peppers.
Do's With Usage of TERBINATOR M CREAM 10GM
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Fungal infection
- Keep your skin dry as wet skin often can cause fungal infection. People who sweat more are more likely to get the fungal infection. So, wipe your body dry frequently if you perspire heavily.
- Wash all towels/ clothes in warm soapy water
- Keep you bath tub dry and disinfected. Clean it especially after every bath.
- Take vitamins and probiotics to improve your immune system.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Toenail infection
To avoid or cure the Toenail Infection, the following can be done:
- Tea Tree/Orange Oil Rub: Tea Tree is a natural disinfectant, possessing fungicidal and antibacterial properties. Whereas, Orange oil is very effective in getting rid of the fungus.
- Baking soda and vinegar soak: Baking soda is a fungi static which means it prevents the spreading and growing. However, vinegar soaks help in killing the fungus.
- Coconut Oil: It naturally inserts itself in the lipid (fat) layer of the fungus membrane and disturbs it, this leads to the disintegration and destruction of the fungus
- Alternate your shoes.
- Disinfect regularly: Spay your shoes with antibacterial spray especially if you wore them without socks and wash all socks in hot and bleach water.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Eczema
- Moisture your skin frequently.
- Keep sweat to the minimum to avoid flare ups.
- Identify your eczema triggers and avoid them.
- Wear cotton clothes. Wear loose clothes.
- Avoid hot water baths and it can lead to flare ups. Take room temperature baths.
- If you need to do a work, which requires affected parts to get wet, try some protection (e.g. gloves on hands if you have eczema on hands)
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Psoriasis
Please follow your doctor’s advice. Also, you can manage the disease better and control flare ups by following the following tips:
- Keep your body moisturized because dry skin worsens the symptoms. Oily and thick moisturizers are better.
- Use a humidifier when it is dry to keep your skin moist.
- Reduce your alcohol intake.
Eat right, exercise, and maintain a healthy weight.
Dont's With Usage Of TERBINATOR M CREAM 10GM
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Fungal infection
Since fungal infections are contagious, you should take special care of the following:
- Avoid scratching the infected area
- Do not share infected person’s clothes, towel or comb.
- Sometimes, water in swimming pools also may also cause fungal infection. Check if you experience continuous itching or rashes after swimming.
- Avoid works which require long term exposure to water like washing clothes, cleaning utensils etc., if you have the fungal infection in your hands.
- Avoid taking too much of anti-biotics, immune suppressants and steroids, as they cause increased risk of getting fungal infections.
- If you have the fungal infection in your feet, do not wear close shoes. Use flip flops instead.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Toenail infection
Things that must be avoided if you have a toenail infection:
- Do not use non-sanitized nail scissor or clipper.
- Do not wear tight shoes.
- Do not wear unbreathable shoes i.e rubber or plastic shoes.
- Avoid going barefoot in public areas: Areas like Locker rooms, public pools, and showers are full of fungus.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Eczema
- Don’t scratch the itchy skin.
- Avoid extreme temperatures.
- Avoid tight clothes.
- Avoid synthetic clothes.
- Avoid stress as it can increase the irritation.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Psoriasis
- Never pick or pick your scales or patches. It can worsen your psoriasis.
- Certain medications like lithium, propranolol, quinidine etc. are known for flaring up psoriasis. Hence, avoid taking these types of medications if you have psoriasis.
- Dry and cold weather makes symptoms worse in many people. Hence, avoid dry and cold weathers. Hot weather is better, though sometimes it may not be so.
- Avoid scrapes, bumps, cuts and infections as they can flare up a condition called Koebner's phenomenon.
- Don’t go out in sun for more than 20 minutes at a stretch. Apply sunscreen before going out.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfTERBINATOR M CREAM 10GM
What Are The Tips For Psoriasis
- Avoid fragrances as most soaps and perfumes contain dyes & other chemicals that may irritate your skin.
- Take bath with lukewarm water and moisturize your body immediately after taking bath.
- Avoid stress and include yoga, meditation in your daily routine.