TERLISTAT 1 MG INJECTION has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of TERLISTAT 1 MG INJECTION
Terlipressin is used for:
- Management of low blood pressure
- Slowing or stopping bleeding
- Septic shock
- Dilated blood vessels in oesophagus or stomach
Side Effects Of TERLISTAT 1 MG INJECTION
Some of the common side-effects include:
- Insufficient oxygen supply to heart
- Breathlessness, loss of rhythm in breath
Contraindications Of TERLISTAT 1 MG INJECTION
Contraindications Of Salt: Terlipressin
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Breathing problems
- Heart problems
- Any pre-existing allergies
Hypotension, which is generally known as low blood pressure (below 90/60), occurs in the arteries of the systemic circulation. It is a force of blood that pushes against the wall of the arteries as the heart pumps out blood. Excessively low blood pressure can cause lots of problems like dizziness, unconsciousness, neurological disorders, and serious heart problems.
Septic shock is a kind of severe medical condition which causes organ failure and decreases in blood pressure to extremely low levels after an infection. The infection may affect any body part but the urinary tract, brain, lungs, abdomen and skin are mainly affected. It may result in multiple organ dysfunctions and even death. In this condition, there is an inadequate supply of the blood to the tissues leading to organ dysfunction.
Symptoms Treated With TERLISTAT 1 MG INJECTION
These are the major symptoms that a person may experience due to lower blood pressure-
- Noticeable heartbeats
- Blurred vision
- Loss of consciousness
- Moist skin
What Are The Symptoms Of Septic shock
Early symptoms of septic shock are:
- Very high body temperature above 101?F (38?C)
- Very Low body temperature
- Fever, chills
- Rapid pulse rate, rapid heartbeat
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea
- When it reaches severe stage the symptoms are:
- Low amount of urine
- Dizziness, confusion
- Very low blood pressure
- Low blood platelet
- Breathing problems
Causes of diseases where TERLISTAT 1 MG INJECTION is used
Hypotension (low blood pressure) does not have an actual cause. But, there are a number of causes due to which this condition can occur in a person.
- Anaemia, pregnancy, dehydration, blood loss, severe infection or allergy
- Lack of nutritional diet
- Reduction in blood volume (Hypovolemia).
- Changes in hormones.
- Broadening of the blood vessels in the body (Vasodilation).
- Side effects of various medicines such as Alpha- and Beta-blockers.
- Problems related to the endocrine glands.
- Reduction in the red blood cells (Anaemia).
The common cause of septic shock is a bacterial infection. It may also be due to viral, fungal or parasitic infection.
Common infections which lead to septic shock are:
- Pneumonia, urinary tract infection
- Appendicitis, meningitis, pancreatitis, mesenteric ischemia
- Reproductive system infections
Best Foods With TERLISTAT 1 MG INJECTION
Foods which are helpful in the managing the condition of the individual are suggested like:
- Raisins: Raisins are considered as an excellent natural remedy to get rid of hypotension. It helps in maintaining the blood pressure levels and fully supports the function of the adrenal gland.
- Milk and almonds: Paste of 4-5 overnight soaked almonds mixed in a cup of boiled milk makes a very good remedy for hypotension as it affects the adrenal gland.
- Lemon: Lemon contains certain antioxidants that help in regulating the blood circulation, and it also treats the hypotension caused due to dehydration.
- Salt: To treat the hypotension or lower blood pressure, you can increase the intake of salt. It controls the lower blood pressure and helps in balancing the blood pressure. But do not increase the salt intake significantly as it might cause hypertension, further, damaging the organs.
- Coffee, tea can increase your blood pressure temporarily.
- Holy basil (tulsi) and garlic are supposed to manage the blood pressure levels.
What Are The Best Foods For Septic shock
- Probiotics: Probiotics help in preventing and treating septic shock. Probiotics contain good bacteria which help in the absorption of nutrients and fighting off with the bacterial infection. Some of the best probiotics are kefir, yoghurt,
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent. It helps in reducing oxidative stress during sepsis. It helps in healing of the wounds faster and reduces the risk of organ failure. Oranges, berries, lemons, kiwi etc are rich sources of vitamin c and should be included in the diet.
- Green leafy vegetables: These are rich sources of essential nutrients and chlorophyll. These boost the immunity and functioning of the liver. Foods such as kale, lattice, spinach, and broccoli are the best foods to fight infections and boost immunity.
- Antioxidant-rich food: These foods help in detoxification of the blood and boost the immunity. Cranberries, elderberries, kidney beans, blueberries etc contain a high amount of antioxidants.
- Omega 3- fatty acids: Food rich in omega 3 fatty acids helps in fighting the infection and improves the cardiovascular health also. Some of the foods rich in omega-3fatty acids are walnuts, salmons, eggs, soybeans, flaxseed oil.
Worst Foods With TERLISTAT 1 MG INJECTION
There are varieties of foods which should be avoided and not to eat in the case of lower blood pressure:
- Carbohydrate rich foods: Foods like rice, pasta, and bread contain a high amount of carbohydrate which enhances the risk of lower blood pressure. It is better to reduce the amount of carbohydrate food items and eliminate the risk of hypotension.
- Avoid alcohol: Due to the effects of the booze, alcohol can intensify the low blood pressure. So, it is better to avoid the alcohol that causes fatigue and parched.
What Are The Worst Foods For Septic shock
- Fried and processed foods: These increase the inflammation, thereby worsening the symptoms of septic shock.
- Sugar: Sugar should be avoided as it increases glucose level of the blood leading to diabetes and being diabetic is itself a risk factor for septic shock.
- Refined products: These products increase the inflammation and increase the risk of getting infections.
- Gluten rich food: Wheat, wheat germ, barley, Graham flour contains gluten which weakens the immune system and should be avoided.
- Whole dairy products: Whole milk and its products should be avoided as these contain lactose which increases the inflammation
Do's With Usage of TERLISTAT 1 MG INJECTION
To cure the lower blood pressure, it is better to concentrate on the following activities:
- Visit a doctor for a proper check-up.
- Drink more water to avoid dehydration.
- Eat small and frequent meals.
- Wear stockings if the doctor suggests doing so.
- Follow a good work out regime.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Septic shock
- Get your timely vaccinations against the infections.
- Maintain good hygiene. Keep yourself and your surroundings neat and clean to prevent the risk of infection.
- Control your sugar level as it may lead to septic shock
- Get immediate help from the doctor if the infection is not getting better.
- Always take care of your wounds.
Dont's With Usage Of TERLISTAT 1 MG INJECTION
There are many food items that can enhance the lower blood pressure. It is better to avoid the following items that can cause hypotension even more:
- Do not eat too much.
- Do not lift heavy things.
- Do not go for saunas and hot water baths.
- Do not make sudden body movements.
- Avoid standing for long periods.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Septic shock
- Don’t ignore the symptoms at all. It may lead to septic shock.
- Don’t stop the medications without consulting your doctor. It may worsen the symptoms.
- Don’t take any antibiotics on your own. It may lead to resistance.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfTERLISTAT 1 MG INJECTION
- Avoid heat exhaustions.
- Take adequate rest.
Here are some natural tips to manage septic shock:
- Turmeric: It contains curcumin which helps in fighting various infections.
- Garlic: It contains allicin which helps in fighting inflammation in the body effectively. It also boosts the immune system and fight infections like sepsis.
- Honey: Honey is having a variety of properties such as antibacterial, antiviral and anti-infective. It helps in boosting the immune system and reduces the risk of getting infected.
- Vitamin c: It helps in preventing the onset of septic by healing the infections. It has antioxidant properties which help in detoxification of the body.