TOBREX EYE DROP 5ML has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of TOBREX EYE DROP 5ML
Tobramycin, an aminoglycoside antibiotic is used to treat bacterial Eye Infections. It stops the growth of bacteria.
Side Effects Of TOBREX EYE DROP 5ML
Side Effects Of Salt: Tobramycin
Reported side-effects of Tobramycin are:
- Swelling of the eye
- Burning, itching or stinging of the eye.
Contraindications Of TOBREX EYE DROP 5ML
Contraindications Of Salt: Tobramycin
Please inform your doctor if you have/ had any other eye problem.
Eye Infections can be caused by bacteria, virus, or fungal agents. Symptoms can include redness, reduced vision, discharge, and irritation.
Infections can affect any part of the eye, like eyelids, cornea, and retina. Some common eye infections are blepharitis (inflammations of eye lids), pink eye, and trachoma (bacterial infection of the eye).
Symptoms Treated With TOBREX EYE DROP 5ML
Common symptoms of eye infection are:
- Redness in eyes
- Persistent Itching
- Flaking of eye lids
- Blurred vision
- Watery eyes
- Discharge from eyes, eye pain
- Swollen eyelids, swelling around eye
Causes of diseases where TOBREX EYE DROP 5ML is used
Most eye infections are caused by:
- Bacteria usually present on the skin surface. Touching contaminated objects and then touching or rubbing the eyes can also transmit the infection.
- Sharing of personal items such as towels, pillows, handkerchiefs and cosmetics.
- People who wear contact lenses are more prone to eye infections. The reason for the same is that there is decreased the supply of oxygen reaching their corneas. Also, bacterial or fungal buildup may be caused by improper disinfection of their contact lenses.
- Trauma to the eye/ eye surgery can increase the risk of getting eye infections.
Worst Foods With TOBREX EYE DROP 5ML
What Are The Worst Foods For Eye Infection
- Margarine and vegetable oils are man-made using chemicals and processing. They contain very high polyunsaturated fats, which are unstable and easily oxidise in the body. Oxidised fats can cause mutations in cells, as well as inflammation in turn leading to clogged arteries.
- Fried foods. Oil not only leads to clogged arteries, but the arterial plaque can lead to higher blood pressure, which is dangerous to the eyes.
- Commercially-prepared cookies and cakes are loaded with Trans-fats. Trans-fats are ill-known for increasing the LDL ‘bad’ cholesterol, responsible for arterial blockages. Trans-fats also raise triglycerides levels in the blood, which contribute to fatty deposits in arteries.
- Crackers mostly come loaded with trans-fats that may clog the arteries. If the intricate blood vessels get clogged, the build-up of pressure within the eye will be tremendous. If the flow of blood in the eye is blocked, it cuts off the supply of oxygen and nutrients. This can lead to decreased or distorted vision or an eye stroke.
- Sweetened drinks get their sweet flavour from added sugars, which are proven to increase the risks for elevated triglyceride levels and high blood pressure. All of this can cause trouble for the cardiovascular system and eyes.
Do's With Usage of TOBREX EYE DROP 5ML
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Eye Infection
- If you are using any other kind of eye medication, wait at least 5 - 10 minutes before using other medications.
- If you are using compresses to treat infections, dispose of them off immediately so that others contact the contaminated objects.
Dont's With Usage Of TOBREX EYE DROP 5ML
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Eye Infection
- Don’t wear contact lenses if you have any kind of eye infection.
- Tobramycin may cause unstable vision temporarily after applying. Do not drive or do any activity which may require clear vision unless you are sure to perform them safely.