TRUMP A SYRUP 100ML has the following salts in its composition
1) Ambroxol 2) Guaifenesin 3) Terbutaline
Uses Of TRUMP A SYRUP 100ML
Ambroxol is used for treating respiratory diseases related to excessive or viscid mucus. It reduces the adhesion of mucus to bronchial wall, thus improves its transport and protects against infection.
Ambroxol is commonly used in Cough syrups.
Guaifenesin is and expectorant, used for treating Cough or congestion caused by:
It helps in loosening the congestion in chest or throat. It is not used for treating Coughs caused due to smoking, or long term breathing problems like chronic bronchitis.
Terbutaline is used for:
- Relieving symptoms of Asthma, bronchitis, COPD
- Delaying preterm labour (up to 48 hours)
Side Effects Of TRUMP A SYRUP 100ML
Side Effects Of Salt: Ambroxol
Mild gastrointestinal side effects might occur temporarily.
Guaifenesin usually doesn’t cause much of side effects. However, some people may experience the following till their body adjusts to the medication:
- Stomach ache
Common side effects of Terbutaline are:
- Nervousness, anxiety
- Tachycardia, tremors
Contraindications Of TRUMP A SYRUP 100ML
Contraindications Of Salt: Ambroxol
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Gastric ulceration
- First trimester of pregnancy
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome (a life threatening skin disorder)
- Stomach ulcer
- Any liver or kidney disease
Contraindications Of Salt: Guaifenesin
Pl. inform your doctor if you have/ had any of the following conditions:
- Severe heart disease
- Uncontrollable hypertension
- Liver disease
Contraindications Of Salt: Terbutaline
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Any heart disease like abnormal heartbeat, high blood pressure
- Low blood potassium level
The common cold is simply referred to as cold as well. The common cold is a contagious disease caused by viruses. It occurs in the upper part of the respiratory tract which affects mainly the nose. The body parts that may get affected by common cold are voice box, sinus, and throat. Symptoms and signs of the common cold may start to appear within two days after the exposure to the virus.The common cold is accompanied by a headache, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, coughing and sometimes fever as well. Generally, it might take a week to 10 days in the recovery. Some of the symptoms can stay even for three weeks. When the symptoms of common cold worsen, it can turn into Pneumonia.
The force of around 200 viruses is involved for causing the common cold. A virus known as rhinovirus is the most prevalent cause of common cold. Common cold vaccines are not yet available. The antidote of the common cold is also not yet made but relieve to the patients can be provided by treating the symptoms.
In humans, the common cold is one of the most reoccurring infectious diseases. Averagely, an adult may suffer from cold from a couple of times to four times in a year. Cold occurs mainly in winters.
Acute bronchitis often referred to as chest cold, is an inflammation of the bronchial tubes.
Bronchial tubes are the airways which carry oxygen from the trachea (windpipe) to the lungs and carbon dioxide back from the lungs to the windpipe. When the bronchial tubes get infected by virus or bacteria, the swell and produce mucus. This mucous causes a cough in the infected person.
Bronchitis can be acute or chronic.
In acute bronchitis, the patient is sick for week and symptoms last for 1-2 weeks. It comes quickly and is usually self-limiting.
In chronic bronchitis, the patient has recurrent episodes of a cough and can last for a long time. A cough is accompanied with mucus for almost up to three months in a year, and it may take around two years to recover fully.
- Asthma is a chronic inflammatory condition of the airways in the lungs. Asthma can either be allergic (most common) or non-allergic.
- Allergic asthma is due to an allergic response known as a type 1 hypersensitivity reaction. People with asthma’s airways are hypersensitive to certain triggers. The allergic reaction causes narrowing of the small airways and leads to "air trapping" (known as an obstructive airway disease)
- There are different types of asthma- childhood onset asthma (usually before the age of 5), adult-onset asthma, exercise-induced asthma and aspirin induced asthma. Some asthma is known as seasonal asthma and occurs only at certain times of the year, usually with the changing of seasons such as during autumn or spring.
- Asthma is diagnosed with lung function tests. A spirometer or a PEFM (Peak Expiratory Flow Meter) is used in conjunction with a bronchodilator. The meter is used to assess your lung function before and after inhaling a fast-acting bronchodilator. A diagnosis of asthma is made when there is an improvement in lung function of more than 20% (PEFM) or more than 12%(when using a spirometer) after the bronchodilator is inhaled.
- Asthma is diagnosed when a patient has suggestive symptoms and a positive bronchodilator test.
Symptoms Treated With TRUMP A SYRUP 100ML
What Are The Symptoms Of Common cold
After the exposure to the virus, the symptoms may occur in few days. Certain symptoms and signs of the common cold are as followed:
- Stuffy or a runny nose.
- Soreness in the throat is felt.
- Regular coughing.
- Congestion is experienced in the chest.
- A mild headache and slight body pain may occur.
- Continuous sneezing is experienced in some of the cases.
- A little temperature rise of the body can occur.
- Feeling of general sickness may be felt.
- The nose may discharge green or yellow, thicker mucus.
- Breaths become shorter.
- Pain in the sinus.
- Pain in the ear can be experienced.
- Eyes and eyelids may become heavy.
- Extreme fussiness may occur.
- Unusual drowsiness is experienced.
- Loss of appetite can also be of the symptoms of common cold.
- Certain complicated symptoms that may occur along the common cold:
There are fewer chances of such complications but sometimes cold gets worse and reaches to one’s ears, sinuses, or chest.
- Ear infection: The main signs of ear infection are yellow or green nasal discharge and aching ears. It commonly occurs in small children.
- Sinusitis: When a common cold stays for a longer period then the chances of sinusitis increases. Symptoms of sinusitis may include infected and inflamed sinuses.
- Asthma: Wheezing or difficulty in breathing may be provoked by a common cold.
- Chest infection: Infections like bronchitis and pneumonia can be caused by prolonged common cold.
- Strep throat: Common cold is accompanied by strep throat infection. In this condition, throat becomes sore along with coughing.
Acute bronchitis is contagious and spreads from person to person. Symptoms include:
- High-grade fever, a runny nose.
- Initial dry cough, which later changes to wet cough with mucous.
- Sneezing, watery eyes.
- Congestion in the nose.
- Head ache, a sore throat.
- Wheezing, tiredness.
- Body pain.
- Complications include high-grade fever, breathlessness, chest pain and pneumonia.
You can notice that the mucous changes in colour from white to green and then to yellow. It just means that your immune system is trying to fight off the infection.
What Are The Symptoms Of Asthma
- Symptoms of asthma are typically a wheezy or "tight" chest, shortness of breath and recurrent or persistent coughing that is worse at night and early mornings. Coughing or tight chest are often also present after exercise.
- Exercise-induced asthma typically only produces symptoms after exercise.
Causes of diseases where TRUMP A SYRUP 100ML is used
What Are The Causes Of Common cold
- The common cold is the infection causes in the upper-respiratory tract. It is caused by the attack of the viruses. It is a myth that not wearing enough cloth in winters or cold weather causes the cold. Some of the ways one can catch infections are as follows:
- Exposure to the virus by touching any contaminated object like cell phone remote controls, laptops, etc. or any virus containing surface like door knobs, taps, etc.
- Close contact with an infected person.
- Using the personal belongings of a person suffering from the common cold like the towel, clothes, etc.
- A mild infection may be caused in adults by three types of viruses responsible foe cold. However, in old people, children, and individuals with a weak immune system it can cause serious lower respiratory tract problem. Also, patients with heart and lung diseases, asthmatic patients, and premature babies are at a higher risk of getting the complications like pneumonia and bronchitis.
Acute bronchitis occurs more frequently in children and elderly people. However, all age groups are at risk of getting this disease.
- The main cause of this infection is a respiratory virus. Around 10% of cases are caused by a bacterial infection. Other factors which might increase the risk of an infection are:
- It is more common in the winter months.
- Repeated exposure to other persons with bronchitis or the common cold.
- People with a previous condition of upper respiratory tract infection may also get acute bronchitis.
- Exposure to dust, pollutants, chemical fumes, etc.
- Inhaling cigarette smoke.
- Failure to take vaccinations against diseases like whooping cough, pneumonia, and flu.
- Weakened immunity system makes it easy for viruses to cause infections.
What Are The Causes Of Asthma
- Mostly asthma starts in childhood and is often outgrown in early adulthood. Some asthmatics may, however, need treatment lifelong.
- Asthma has a strong genetic component and is part of the so-called "atopic triad" in childhood which includes allergic rhinitis, atopic dermatitis (eczema) and asthma.
- Early insult to a child's lungs such as neonatal pneumonia or bronchitis may play a role in developing asthma later.
- People with asthma have individual triggers. These triggers are commonly sensitivities to house-dust mites, grass, pollen, animal dander, dairy, wheat, nuts and soy products. Chest infections, cold air or air pollution can also trigger an attack.
- Adult onset starts in the early twenties. There is speculation about possible causes; genetics, smoking and a history of allergies seem to play the biggest part. It affects females more than males.
- Asthma can be caused/ triggered due to any of the following reasons:
1. Airborne substances like pollen, dust mites, pet dander or particles of cockroach waste.
2. Respiratory infections such as common cold
3. Exercise-induced asthma
4. Cold air
5. Air pollutants like smoke
6. Certain medications including beta blockers, aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen
7. Strong emotions, stress
8. Foods which contain Sulphites and preservatives
9. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Asthma is a combination of environmental and genetic factors, as many people live in same conditions. Still, some people get asthma and some don’t.
Worst Foods With TRUMP A SYRUP 100ML
What Are The Worst Foods For Common cold
Some of the foods to cut down to curb common cold and its symptoms are as follows:
- Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages: Immunity of one’s body gets weakened by alcohol, also body experiences dehydration. Such conditions make one even more vulnerable to common cold. So, one should not consume alcohol, especially in a hefty amount to prevent the common cold. Some of the beverages to avoid are beer, wine, tequila, vodka, and whiskey.
- Dairy Products: The Dairy product should be cut down during the common cold, as consuming dairy items may worsen the mucus formation. Excessive mucus causes the common cold to irritate even more. Some of the dairy products that one should avoid completely are milkshakes, cold coffee, milk ice creams, butter, cheese, yoghurt, cream, pudding, and other milk desserts.
- Packed Juices: When one is suffering from the common cold he/she must stay away from packed fruit juices as they consist of high amount of added sugar. Sugar decreases the efficiency of WBC to fight against infections. The Vitamin C benefits from the packed juice are cancelled by excessive sugar present in them.
- Reduce the intake of milk as it tends to increase mucous production.
- Avoid fried food, sugary food and food made from refined flour. Do not eat candies, pastries, fries, ice cream, etc. They contain a lot of sugar and synthetic vitamins, which add little or no value to the body’s nutritional requirement.
- Avoid alcohol as well as caffeinated beverages. They dehydrate the body and make the mucous hard. This makes it difficult to remove from the body.
What Are The Worst Foods For Asthma
- Foods with preservatives added to them
- Wine, beer
- Eggs (for children, as some children are allergic to eggs)
- Excessive salt in food
- Oily, fatty foods
Do's With Usage of TRUMP A SYRUP 100ML
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Common cold
The tips that one should follow while suffering from common cold are as follows:
- Keep one’s hands clean: Keep the hands clean by sanitizing them or washing them, as it helps to avoid the transferring of cold causing viruses. Especially, clean one’s hands after visiting public places like movie hall, shopping complex, gym, airport, and railway station. As these places contain a lot of germs.
- Usage of disposables is recommended and encouraged if anyone from the family is suffering from common cold. By doing this one can prevent infection from spreading. After the usage disposables should be put into trash cans. One must particularly use disposable crockery like cups, plates, spoons and glasses, paper tissues.
- Maintain the hygiene of one’s dwelling place: One should keep the house area germ free by cleaning it thoroughly with disinfectants. One must take care of cleaning the most touched things in the house like remote control, laptop, cell phone, etc. It helps to avoid viral infection, which includes common cold.
- In the case of children suffering from common cold, clean his/her toys and utility items properly.
- Keep the towels and clothes separate for the person suffering from common cold.
- Maintaining a healthy and good lifestyle is important. One must exercise, take healthy meals, and sleep properly to boost up the immune system. Body’s immunity helps to fight the common cold and other infection.
- Keep the stress in control: Stress is one of the major factors that weaken one’s immunity; hence one should try to relax. Good immunity means increases in the efficiency to fight with germs that cause the common cold.
- Make swimming a habit: People are prone to common cold should try swimming and make it a habit. Doing so can improvise the flow of blood in the nasal tract.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Acute Bronchitis
- If you are suffering from acute bronchitis, do use a tissue to cover your mouth while coughing or sneezing. This will help in preventing your co-workers or friends from contracting this infection.
- If you are working in factories, do use a mask to avoid inhaling dust and smoke.
- Do wash your hands frequently, especially in the flu season, to get rid of any virus or germs that you might have picked up.
- Use humidifiers if you think there is an increase in humidity in the room.
- Inhale steam three to four times a day so that the mucous gets liquefied. It will clear congestion.
- Do take vaccination for flu every year.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Do take rest.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Asthma
- Identify your asthma triggers and avoid them.
- Always cover yourself fully (especially chest, feet and ears) before going out in cold weather.
- Avoid exercises beyond your physical stamina. Do not over exert.
- Always wear pollution mask if you are staying in high pollution area.
- If asthma is hampering your day to day activities, pl. consult your doctor as he might change your medication.
- Wash your bed sheets and pillow covers every week in hot water to get rid of dust mites.
- Reduce stress.·
- Consult your general practitioner or paediatrician early if your child shows symptoms of asthma. Asthma can be potentially life-threatening, especially in an acute episode.
- Make sure your asthma is controlled. Follow-up with your doctor six months to review and adjust your treatment is necessary. If your asthma is well controlled, your doctor may consider tapering down your treatment.
- Consider doing an allergy test- blood or skin prick. If you have allergic asthma, it will be helpful to know what the triggers are and how to avoid them
Dont's With Usage Of TRUMP A SYRUP 100ML
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Common cold
One must avoid a few things when attached by the common cold. Some such things are as follows:
- Do not touch one’s face, particularly the eye, mouth, and nose area, when exposed to the people suffering from common cold.
- Do not smoke: Smoking a cigar or a cigarette may disturb the air passage and increase the chances of the common cold, and certain other infections. Passive smokers are also at a risk of catching a common cold. Hence, smoking should be completely avoided.
- Avoid going to the work place: Since common cold is a contagious disease, one should avoid visiting public places. Also, some rest is advised during common cold accompanied by fever.
- Do not travel by air: When suffering from common cold, one should not take flights. Increase in pressure while flying can make the ear drum rupture if one is congested. Also, dry air of the plane may irritate the inflamed nasal track and enhances the chance of bleeding nose.
- Do not drive when feeling drowsy: Lack of sleep caused due to blocked nose and inability to breathe properly can make one feel drowsy all the time. Also, certain medicines prescribed in common cold have sedatives in them, which may cause drowsiness. Driving in such state may be proved hazardous, hence avoid driving in such illness.
- Avoid sexual activities: Although indulging in sexual activities is said to be an immunity booster, but it may cause the transmission of common cold causes viruses. Especially, kissing a healthy partner by the infected partner may result in the transferring of the germs. Hence, one should restrict from sexual activities.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Acute Bronchitis
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid being around people who smoke. Passive smoking also causes bronchitis.
- Avoid going out in damp weather.
- If you have acute bronchitis, be considerate of others by not going out in public places, parks and malls.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Asthma
- Avoid pets.
- Remove carpets and soft toys from the room of your child as these accumulate dust, dust mites which trigger an asthma attack.
- Avoid dampness in the house. Let fresh air come in. Keep all areas of your house dry.
- Do not smoke, avoid being close to people who smoke.
- Avoid burning of incense (Pooja agarbatti) at home, since it triggers an asthma attack.
- Avoid going to kitchen when food is being cooked, especially frying etc.·
- Do not delay seeking treatment when you suspect to have a chest infection. Because your airways are hyper reactive, an infection can easily trigger an acute asthma attack.
- Do not leave your house without your reliever pump or allow your medication to run out. An acute episode can occur at any time and may be fatal.
- Do not smoke if you have asthma or smoke around your child who has asthma. Passive smoking's effects are just as harmful.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfTRUMP A SYRUP 100ML
- Take some steam: Blocked nose can be opened up by taking steam. There are a lot of steamers available in market these days, which makes easy to breathe in the steam. If a steamer is not available, then one can take steam from boiling water’s pot. Always remember to breathe through the nose while taking steam. Also, be careful as the steam can burn the nose badly. One can add a few prescribed medicines to the boiling water for better results.
- Blow the mucus out: During a typical cold, excessive mucus is formed. Hence, it is important to blow it out instead of sniffing it back to the nasal passage. But be careful as blowing the nose too hard can make the germs enter to the ear passage that may lead to ear infections and ear ache. The right way of blowing nose is to press one finger on one of the nostrils and gently blow the other one.
- Use Salt-Water or Saline Spray to rinse: These may help to ease the congestion by breaking it up.
The most important advice is to quit smoking. Secondly, proper hygiene and sanitation are very important to prevent infections. Add to this, an active lifestyle with a balanced diet plays a great role in staying fit and healthy.
What Are The Tips For Asthma
Having a nebuliser at home will be helpful for acute asthmatic episodes.