URTIPLEX CAPSULE has the following salts in its composition
1) Manjistha 2) Khair 3) Katuki Rhizome 4) Daruharidra 5) Sariva 6) Usheer 7) Giloy 8) Curcuma longa 9) Ginger 10) Jatamansi
Uses Of URTIPLEX CAPSULE
Manjistha is an Indian herb widely used in traditional medicine. It is most effective for people facing following conditions:
- Digestive problems and constipation
- Obesity especially mid section
- Brain fog
- Mood changes
- Dry skin, skin rashes, acne.
- Fatigue and low energy.
- Soreness (or) stiffness of muscles
- Swelling and bloating (or) slowed digestion.
- Low immunity
- Breast swelling (or) tenderness during the menstrual cycle.
Uses Of Salt: Khair
Khair is used in the of following conditions:
To treat a cough, cold, piles, mouth ulcers, boils, skin eruptions, bleeding gums, gum problems, spongy gums, colic, diarrhea, sore throat, hoarsens of voice.
To Improve breast milk.
To Reduce obesity, toothache, and dysentery, fungal infections, swelling of the liver, skin disorders, inflammation, and constipation.
To treat symptoms of leprosy.
To manage leukemia, gingivitis.
Katuki rhizome is a powerful Ayurvedic herb. The widely used part is tuberous root called rhizome. It is used in medicine (especially Ayurveda). It:
- Treats chronic fever, skin disorders, diabetes, constipation, bleeding disorders, anorexia (eating disorder), diarrhea, urinary tract disorders (UTI), asthma, cough, cold, dyspnoea, jaundice, hepatitis, vitiligo (white patches on the skin), gout and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Relieves burning sensation, intestinal worm infestation
- Reduces overweight.
Daruharidra (tree turmeric) is an Indian ingredient famous in daily uses as well as in medicine. It:
- Reduces pain and inflammation, harmful effects of diabetes, earaches, ear discharge, and conjunctivitis.
- Treat eye disorders, spasmodic pain, menorrhagia, leucorrhoea, jaundice, uterine infection, piles, constipation, malaria and dysentery.
- Heals syphilis ulcers and anal fistula.
- Prevents cancer.
- Treats eye-related disorders, fistula, leucorrhoea, menorrhagia, jaundice, diabetes, uterine infections, ear aches, ear discharge, malaria, dysentery, throat infection.
- Heals wounds, Stimulates digestive fiber, sweating
Uses Of Salt: Sariva
Sariva is also known as Indian sarsaparilla. It is used as medicine in Ayurveda as it:
- Treats oligospermia (deficiency of sperm cells in semen), gastritis, menorrhagia (abnormally heavy bleeding during menstruation), anorexia (lack of appetite), diarrhea, urinary tract disorders, respiratory conditions, skin diseases, nasal bleeding, bleeding disorders, indigestion
- Reduces itching, fever, pruritus (severe itching of skin)
- Relieves bad odor, cough, asthma, excess thirst
- Acts as coolant
Uses Of Salt: Giloy
Giloy, also known as Guduchi, Amrit and amrutha, is a wonderful root, having many benefits, as it:
- Boosts immunity
- Treats chronic fever, tachycardia, heart palpitations, diabetes, arthritis, constipation.
- Reduces stress and anxiety, respiratory problems like a frequent cough, cold tonsils, and asthmatic symptoms.
- Reduces signs of aging.
- Aids in the treatment of gout or elevated uric acid levels.
- Relieves symptoms of acidity, intestinal gas, indigestion, diarrhea with mucus.
- Treats loss of appetite, mouth ulcers, peptic ulcers, peptic (or) duodenal ulcers.
Curcuma longa is commonly known as turmeric whose tuberous root (rhizome) has medicinal properties. It is widely used as medicine since ancient times. It:
- Purifies blood, detoxifies body
- Treats atherosclerosis, diabetes, bone related disorders, digestive disorders, ringworms, anemia, common cold, cough, osteoarthritis, pruritus (itching), eye inflammation
- Acts as antioxidant, antibiotic
- Heals wounds, sores, rejuvenates skin tone
- Relieves inflammation and bleeding gums, upset stomach
- Prevents and fights cancer
- Reduces high cholesterol, symptoms of Crohn’s disease, depression
- Lowers risk of heart attack
Uses Of Salt: Ginger
Ginger can help managing obesity, diabetes, and heart diseases.
Jatamansi is a flowering plant belongs to valerian family that grows in Himalayas. It is also known as spikenard. It is widely used in Ayurveda. It:
Treats neuro – psychiatric diseases, skin diseases, herpes, amenorrhoea, headache, gastritis, bloating, insomnia, chronic fatigue syndrome, seizures
Improves brain function, strength, cognitive function and immunity.
Improves skin complexion and lustre
Relieves burning sensation, depression
Reduces high blood pressure, stress, inflammation
Acts as antioxidant, antibiotic
Improves hair growth
Side Effects Of URTIPLEX CAPSULE
Side Effects Of Salt: Manjistha
Side Effects Of Salt: Khair
No side effects of Khair have been noted.
Katuki rhizome is usually safe, but in some cases like an overdose, it may cause side effects such as:
- Diarrhoea, vomiting
- Rash, itching
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Side Effects Of Salt: Sariva
Side Effects Of Salt: Giloy
Curcuma Longa is usually safe, but in some cases like an overdose, it may cause side effects such as:
- Nausea, diarrhea, stomach upset
- Burning sensation in stomach
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Side Effects Of Salt: Ginger
Ginger consumption must be stopped in the following:
- Easy bleeding
- Heartburn, diarrhoea
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- On applying to skin can cause skin irritation
Side Effects Of Salt: Jatamansi
Jatamansi is usually safe, but in some cases like an overdose, it may cause side effects such as:
- Diarrhoea, vomiting
- Abdominal cramps
- Mental / mood changes, excess sleepiness, irritability
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of URTIPLEX CAPSULE
Contraindications Of Salt: Manjistha
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
Contraindications Of Salt: Khair
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards khair or any other allergies.
- Any recent surgery
- Low blood pressure.
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug katuki rhizome or any other allergies.
- Autoimmune diseases
- Any recent surgery
Contraindications Of Salt: Daruharidra
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards daruharidra or any other allergies.
- Pregnancy, breast feeding
- Young age (infants)
Contraindications Of Salt: Sariva
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
Contraindications Of Salt: Giloy
Contraindications Of Salt: Curcuma longa
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug Curcuma longa or any other allergies.
- Gallbladder problems
- Bleeding problems
Contraindications Of Salt: Ginger
Contraindications Of Salt: Jatamansi
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards jatamansi or any other allergies.
- Having menstruation while taking it
- Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
Indigestion is very commonly known as an upset stomach and is also called dyspepsia. Indigestion is when you have a pain or discomfort in the upper abdomen or the area under the ribs. This is a very common problem that afflicts most of the people at some point or the other. Indigestion occurs occasionally and most often, it is quite mild.
Indigestion is not really a disease but a set of symptoms. It may also be a symptom of an underlying problem such as gallbladder disease, ulcers or GERD or gastroesophageal reflux disease. Indigestion usually occurs when the stomach acid comes in contact with the mucosa i.e. the protective lining of the digestive system. The acids break down the mucosa and cause inflammation and irritation and trigger the symptoms of indigestion.
When the acid in the stomach moves into the esophagus, it causes a burning sensation behind the breastbone. This is known as heartburn. Sometimes, heartburn and indigestion can occur together or on their own.
- Obesity is defined as the build-up of excessive or abnormal fat that may spoil health. BMI (body mass index) calculated by dividing the body’s mass by the square of body height, gives a rough idea of the tissue mass in an individual and helps in categorizing the individual as being underweight, normal weight or overweight.
- Obese people are prone to cardiovascular diseases, musculoskeletal abnormalities, and various kinds of cancer. Consuming healthy foods and regular physical activities can help prevent or reduce obesity.
Skin rash means changes in the color, texture or appearance of the skin. Rashes on the skin change the color, cause swelling, cracking, blistering, dryness, bumping or warming of the skin. The skin rashes can be in a localized area or all over the skin.
The common cold is simply referred to as cold as well. The common cold is a contagious disease caused by viruses. It occurs in the upper part of the respiratory tract which affects mainly the nose. The body parts that may get affected by common cold are voice box, sinus, and throat. Symptoms and signs of the common cold may start to appear within two days after the exposure to the virus.The common cold is accompanied by a headache, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, coughing and sometimes fever as well. Generally, it might take a week to 10 days in the recovery. Some of the symptoms can stay even for three weeks. When the symptoms of common cold worsen, it can turn into Pneumonia.
The force of around 200 viruses is involved for causing the common cold. A virus known as rhinovirus is the most prevalent cause of common cold. Common cold vaccines are not yet available. The antidote of the common cold is also not yet made but relieve to the patients can be provided by treating the symptoms.
In humans, the common cold is one of the most reoccurring infectious diseases. Averagely, an adult may suffer from cold from a couple of times to four times in a year. Cold occurs mainly in winters.
Leprosy causes skin sores that are severe and disfiguring, nerve damage in arms, legs, and any skin area around the body. The infection results in lesions in the body, which are flat, red and irregular in shape. Destruction in nerves leads to sensory loss. Gangrene may also follow.
It is an infectious disease. You can catch leprosy if you come into repeated and close contact with mouth and nose droplets from a patient with untreated leprosy. Children are more susceptible to infection than adults.
Leprosy is curable, though deformities caused due to leprosy often can’t be reversed.
Leukemia is a group of cancers that result in high level of abnormal white blood cells. It usually starts in bone marrow or blood. These white blood cells, called leukaemia cells or blasts, are not fully developed and their DNA gets damaged. Healthy blood cells die after some time and the new one grow. But, in leukaemia, old cells do not die when they need to and keep growing. They occupy more space and eventually leave no space for good cells.
Constipation is a condition in which there is difficulty in emptying the bowels, usually associated with hardened faeces.
When the temperature of the body rises above normal i.e. above 100.4°F or 38°C, this is considered as fever, controlled hyperthermia or pyrexia. A fever generally is not hazardous on its own. However, sometimes a fever can indicate the presence of some other condition such as an infection. A fever or high body temperature is a way by which the immune system of our body tries to fight any infection.
Fevers can be classified according to:
Length of time
- Acute: Lasts less than 7 days e.g. upper respiratory tract infection.
- Sub-Acute: Lasts up to 14 days e.g. typhoid.
- Persistent or Chronic: Lasts over 14 days e.g. HIV, cancers, tuberculosis, etc.
- Low (100.5-102.1°F or 38.1-39°C)
- Moderate (102.2-104.0°F or 39.1-40°C)
- High (104.1-06.0°F or 40.1-41.1°C)
- Hyperpyrexia (above 106.0°F or 41.1°C)
Fevers can be:
- Continuous or sustained: Does not vary more than 1.5°F or 1°C, over 24 hours, but is not normal e.g. typhoid
- Intermittent: The fever remains for many hours in the day but does not occur all the time e.g. tuberculosis
- Remittent: In this case, the fever varies more than 2°C and does not become normal e.g. infective endocarditis
Sometimes, the fever may exist for many days or weeks without any reason and these are known as FUO or fevers of undetermined origin.
- Urinary tract infection is defined as an infection of any part of the urinary system (bladder, urethra, kidneys, and ureters).
Leucorrhoea is a whitish, or yellowish thick, vaginal discharge. Vaginal discharge can be caused by malignancy, infection, and hormonal changes.
It is commonly experienced by most women at some point in their life or other. It is considered a sign of puberty when it occurs before the first period of a girl.
Pain is an unpleasant sensation caused by an injury or illness disrupting the quality of life. It can be physical, mental or emotional. Pain can be in any specific part of the body or can be in the whole body in case of illness.
In medical terms, pain is described as a symptom of an underlying condition. This pain can be due to variety of diseases or conditions ranging from acute to chronic. The pain is a warning sign to protect the body from any bigger damage.
Pain is classified into 3 categories;
- Acute pain: This lasts for a period of time less than 30 days. Usually, it improves as the healing process is completed.
- Chronic pain: It lasts for more than 6 months or beyond the expected time of healing.
- Cancer pain: It may occur by the tumors in the body or treatment procedures. This pain may persist long after the treatment has ended such as after chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
In this article, we shall be talking about acute pain mainly.
Syphilis is a disease which is highly contagious and spreads by having sexual contact with an infected person. It can be transmitted by oral, anal, or vaginal sex and sometimes even by kissing or close body contact. Hence, it is called STD, means sexually transmitted disease. This disease is caused by a type of bacteria called Treponema pallidum. It is spread by direct contact with a sore.
Earlier syphilis was considered to be a threatening disease, causing arthritis and brain damage. But according to recent studies, the number of syphilis cases is decreasing over the years. Syphilis in women has decreased significantly while it is on the increase in men, especially in homosexuals. However, a pregnant woman can pass this infection to the baby, called as congenital syphilis, resulting in abnormalities or sometimes even death.
There are four stages of this infection. The first two stages are highly infectious.
- Primary stage: This stage occurs 3-4 weeks after a person is infected with the bacteria. Sores, also called as chancre, start appearing on the sites from where the bacteria has entered the body, like genitals, anus, near the rectum, or in the mouth. The sores are generally round, firm but painless. Sores disappear even without treatment.
- Secondary stage: This stage begins around 6 weeks to 6 months after infection and can last up to 1 to 3 months. It is characterized by the appearance of skin rashes, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat, and fever. Symptoms subside even without treatment but infection persists.
- Latent stage: In this stage, the symptoms disappear, but the disease or infection is still in the body. Secondary symptoms may reappear after some time, and it could take years before the disease progresses into tertiary syphilis.
- Tertiary stage: This is the last stage of infection and can occur years or even decades after primary stage. Around 15-30% of syphilis infected people who don’t receive treatment will enter this stage. This stage can be life threatening.
- Anorexia nervosa, commonly referred to in the general public as “anorexia” (literally meaning ‘lack of appetite’), is an eating disorder that affects both males and female. The commonest age group is between 14 and 25 years.
- The majority of patients diagnosed are females, and an estimated percentage of between 0.3 and 1% of females are affected.
- It is a common misperception that men are not affected by eating disorders. Approximately 25% of individuals with anorexia nervosa are males. They often have the worst outcomes, due to late diagnosis, specifically related to this misperception, even by doctors and psychologists.
A cough is referred to as tussis as well. It is a spontaneous reflex, which many animals and human have. The purpose of a cough is to clean the breathing passage and throat of the mucus, fluids, irritants, microbes, and foreign particles. In a cough, lungs expel the air rapidly.
A cough can be a deliberate or an involuntary action. A cough often gets cleared without any medicines, but sometimes people take cough syrups to soothe the irritation caused by a cough. But some of the coughs can be a symptom of serious illness.
Cough reflexes can be classified into three phases:
- An inhalation that means breathing in.
- Pressure is increased in the lungs and the throat with the closed vocal cords.
- On the opening of the vocal cords, the person may experience a sudden expulsion of air that creates the characteristic cough sound.
- When someone coughs abnormally, then it may be a symptom of a certain disease. Some of the coughs can be caused due to contagious diseases such as common cold. Some of the causes can be non- infectious as well.
When the skin is irritated, you often feel like scratching. This is known as an itch or medically, it is called pruritus. Itching is a very common problem that everyone undergoes. Itching can be limited to a particular area of the body (localized) or occurring in different parts or all over your body (generalized).
Usually, generalized itching that occurs throughout the body is quite difficult to treat compared to a localised itch. Itching can occur with or without any redness, rashes, blisters, bumps or any visible signs on the skin, And, if you have an itch with some visible abnormality in the skin, then you should have it checked by your doctor.
Heavy bleeding during periods is very common amongst women. However, when it crosses the certain level of bleeding and results in severe blood loss, it is called menorrhagia. Most of the heavy bleeding can’t be termed as menorrhagia.
Acidity is a set of symptoms caused due to excess production of acid by gastric glands of the stomach. The stomach usually secretes hydrochloric acid that is required for breakdown and digestion of food eaten by us. Excess production of hydrochloric acid causes acidity.
- Arthritis is a name collectively given to the various types of joint pains (over 100 types). Permanent changes can occur to the joints due to arthritis and a few types of arthritis can also damage the lungs, kidneys, heart, eyes, or skin.
Diabetes mellitus (type 2) is characterized by high blood sugar, relative lack of insulin and insulin resistance. It is a long term metabolic disorder.
Long term complications of diabetes are diabetic retinopathy, resulting in blindness, heart disease, strokes, kidney failure, poor flow of blood in limbs requiring amputation.
Dyslipidaemia or high cholesterol indicate the imbalance of fats (or lipids) in one’s blood system.
High cholesterol or dyslipidaemia, means that there is an imbalance of fats (or lipids), circulating in one’s blood stream. The body uses cholesterol (the fatty substance) to metabolize food and also make hormones.
The following three different measurements are used to determine one’s overall lipid health:
1. Low-Density Lipoprotein (bad cholesterol, LDL): The higher LDL, the more is the risk of cardiovascular disease. LDL obstructs the proper blood flow into the heart and other organs by building up plaque in arteries.
2. High-Density Lipoprotein (Good cholesterol, HDL): HDL brings back the cholesterol to the liver from other parts of the body, thus removing the harmful cholesterols from your body. The higher the HDL, the better it is for the heart.
3. Triglycerides – Also referred to as fat in the blood. This type of fat is usually found in eatable animal fats and vegetable oils. High levels of Triglycerides signify the increased risk of cardiovascular disease as it also contributes to building up of a plaque in one’s arteries
A kind of injury that is caused by various factors like an accident, surgery and certain diseases is called a wound. The skin may get punctured, cut, or torn to form a wound.
Wounds are classified into five categories, which depend upon their causes.
- Abrasion: When skin is scraped or rubbed against a hard or rough surface, Abrasion is caused. An example of an abrasion is a road rash. Not much of bleeding is there in abrasion, but one must get the wound scrubbed, and cleaned, to abstain from any infection.
- Incision: Incision is caused by a pointed or sharp object, like a razor blade, broken piece of glass, and knife. Incision causes a lot of bleeding. An incision, which is deep can cause damage to muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
- Laceration: A deep and rooted tear, or cut in the skin is called laceration. Accidental cuts with machines, tools, or knife may cause a laceration. In this, wound bleed extensively, and rapidly.
- Puncture: A small hole may be caused by a pointed, long object, like an ice pick, needles, or nail is called puncture. Even a bullet shot can result in a puncture wound. This wound is enough deep to impair the body’s internal organs, though may not bleed that much. A Puncture wound may need an immediate expert vigilance. In some cases, even tetanus is required to prevent the infection.
- Avulsion: An Avulsion is an extreme form of a wound. In this, the skin may tear away completely, or partially. This wound may occur at the time of a vicious accident like a gunshot, explosion, or body-crushing accidents. These wounds may bleed rapidly, and heavily.
- It refers to the state of low mood or dislikes towards an activity that can affect an individual’s behaviour, thoughts, feelings and overall health. There is a feeling of severe dejection despondency. The degree of depression and the type of depression varies from a person to person. It is very important to seek professional help to get rid of depression.
- Headaches are one of the commonest presenting complaints in health care facilities. It is estimated that about 90% percent of the population will experience a headache at some point in their lives.
- The causes of headaches are numerous, and most often not a cause for concern. However, certain warning signs may indicate possible sinister causes.
- Headaches are classified as either primary or secondary.
- Primary headaches include Tension headaches, Migraines, Cluster Headaches.
- Secondary headaches include headaches due any other reasons (see causes below)
- Investigations done for headaches depend on the suspected cause of a headache. On physical examination, there may be tender neck and shoulder muscles in a tension headache or neck stiffness (meningism in meningitis. There may be features of neurological fall-out, such of loss of power or sensation in one hand, that may suggest bleeding in the brain or a mass or tumour pressing on nerve fibres.
- Special investigations done include radiological investigations and laboratory tests, depending on the suspected causative factor of a headache.
- Blood test for infective markers as well as a lumbar puncture will be done in suspected meningitis. CT scans or MRIs (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) are done in suspected intracranial masses(tumours), aneurysms (abnormal outpouchings formed in blood vessel linings) or bleeding.
Hypertension, also known as high blood pressure in common language, is a long term medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is persistently elevated.
Immunity building refers to any measures taken to assist and strengthen the body’s immune system to function optimally and to help ward off disease. Proper functioning is necessary for us to maintain ideal health.
The state in which the immune system is functioning sub-optimally is called immunodeficiency. Immunodeficiency states can have serious consequences e.g. predisposing to life-threatening infective diseases or cancer. Overfunctioning of the immune system is also common. Conditions in which the immune system over functions are hypersensitivity reactions or allergies, as well as autoimmune diseases (when the immune system recognises the body's cells as "foreign" and starts to attack them).
The immune system is intricately and very detailed in its design. The system is divided into innate and adaptive immunity. Innate immunity is the body’s first defence against external factors. These include physical defence mechanisms such as skin, mucosa and cell walls, as well as scavenger immune molecules that catch foreign particles in the blood and lymphatic streams.
It is an immediate defence mechanism and non-specific. It does not adapt over time. White blood cells called macrophages and phagocytes form part of the body’s innate system. Once the innate immune system recognises a threat to the body, these cells activate a system called the complement cascade which leads to further activation of more of the immune system's cells.
The adaptive immune system is more focused and contains antibodies that are formed after exposure to specific foreign substances called antigens. Antibodies are called immunoglobulins, and lymphocytes are the cells responsible for activation of the innate immune system.
Poor diet, fatigue, stress as well as certain substances or medications can all lead to over- or underperformance of the immune system. Organs that form part of the immune systems include your spleen, tonsils/ adenoids, lymphatic system and bone marrow.
Seizures are a rapid rush of electrical activity in the brain. The nerve cell action is disturbed during seizures. It affects an individual’s appearances or actions for a short period of time.
Symptoms Treated With URTIPLEX CAPSULE
What Are The Symptoms Of Indigestion
The symptoms of indigestion are:
- Burning in the upper abdomen or stomach.
- Passing gas and belching, abdominal pain.
- Bloating or feeling uncomfortably full.
- Vomiting and nausea, acidic taste.
- Growling stomach.
- Bringing up fluid or food from your stomach.
The symptoms of indigestion worsen when you are stressed. Indigestion can be a sign of a more serious health condition and if you have any of the following symptoms, you should seek medical help immediately.
- Weight loss, vomiting or blood in vomit.
- Loss of appetite, severe pain in lower or upper right abdomen.
- A discomfort that may not be related to eating.
- Black and tarry stools, blood visible in the stools.
What Are The Symptoms Of Obesity
- Abnormal weight
- Pot belly
What Are The Symptoms Of Skin rash
Symptoms may vary according to the skin condition or diseases. Some of the common symptoms of skin rashes are:
- Redness, itching
- Scaling, dryness
- Bumps and Blisters on the skin.
- Light colored patches, white patches
- Sores which spreads intensely
- Nodules, papules
- The flushed appearance of the skin
- Swelling, small or large spots on the skin.
- Unusual scars
What Are The Symptoms Of Common cold
After the exposure to the virus, the symptoms may occur in few days. Certain symptoms and signs of the common cold are as followed:
- Stuffy or a runny nose.
- Soreness in the throat is felt.
- Regular coughing.
- Congestion is experienced in the chest.
- A mild headache and slight body pain may occur.
- Continuous sneezing is experienced in some of the cases.
- A little temperature rise of the body can occur.
- Feeling of general sickness may be felt.
- The nose may discharge green or yellow, thicker mucus.
- Breaths become shorter.
- Pain in the sinus.
- Pain in the ear can be experienced.
- Eyes and eyelids may become heavy.
- Extreme fussiness may occur.
- Unusual drowsiness is experienced.
- Loss of appetite can also be of the symptoms of common cold.
- Certain complicated symptoms that may occur along the common cold:
There are fewer chances of such complications but sometimes cold gets worse and reaches to one’s ears, sinuses, or chest.
- Ear infection: The main signs of ear infection are yellow or green nasal discharge and aching ears. It commonly occurs in small children.
- Sinusitis: When a common cold stays for a longer period then the chances of sinusitis increases. Symptoms of sinusitis may include infected and inflamed sinuses.
- Asthma: Wheezing or difficulty in breathing may be provoked by a common cold.
- Chest infection: Infections like bronchitis and pneumonia can be caused by prolonged common cold.
- Strep throat: Common cold is accompanied by strep throat infection. In this condition, throat becomes sore along with coughing.
What Are The Symptoms Of Leprosy
- Leprosy mainly affects the nerves and the skin outside the spinal cord, and the brain (known as peripheral nerves). It can also strike the thin lining of tissue inside the nose and the eye.
- The key symptom of leprosy is lumps or bumps, disfigured skin sores that continue to appear after even several weeks or months.
- The incubation period (the time between contacting with the bacteria and the appearance of symptoms) is usually about 3 to 5 years. It takes years for the symptoms to appear, after getting infected with leprosy causing bacteria. In some people, symptoms take more than 20 years to develop.
- It is difficult for doctors to determine where and when a person got infected with bacteria of leprosy, due to the long incubation period.
What Are The Symptoms Of Leukemia
Symptoms may include bruising and bleeding problems, increased frequency of infections, fever, feeling tired, bleeding gums, vomiting, loss of appetite and bleeding in the middle of mensural cycle amongst many others.
What Are The Symptoms Of Constipation
- Passing 3 or fewer stools in a week.
- Hard, lumpy stools.
- Difficulty in bowel movements.
- Feeling of blockage in the rectum.
What Are The Symptoms Of Fever
While a fever may be a symptom of some health condition, some of the symptoms of fever are:
- A high body temperature, chills, and shivering
- Palpitations, excessive or intermittent sweating
- Flushing of the skin
- Feeling faint, dizzy or weak, dehydration
Other symptoms may include:
- Depression, lethargy
- Sleepiness, low appetite
- Inability to concentrate
- Increased sensitivity to pain or hyperalgesia
Very high fever can cause confusion, irritability, seizures, and delirium.
Following are the symptoms UTI:
- A burning sensation while urinating
- An intense or frequent urge for urinating, though very may come out when you do so.
- Feeling shaky or tired.
- Pressure or pain in back/ lower abdomen.
- Dark, bloody, cloudy or strangely foul smelling urine.
- Chills or fever indicating that the infection may have reached the kidneys.
What Are The Symptoms Of Leucorrhoea
- Whitish, yellowish and thick discharge from vagina
- Foul smell in vaginal area
- Fatigue, headache, stomach ache
- Itching in vaginal area
What Are The Symptoms Of Pain
There are no as such symptoms of pain as pain itself is a symptom of an underlying condition.
Symptoms of chronic pain are:
- Pain that does not go away after recovery from disease or injury.
- Pain causing stiffness or discomfort.
What Are The Symptoms Of Syphilis
Many cases of syphilis do not show any symptoms for years. However, early diagnosis is important to prevent progression into the tertiary stage.
Primary stage symptoms:
- Small, painless sores around genitals, anus, rectum or in the mouth
Secondary stage symptoms:
- Fever, headache.
- Skin rashes, swollen lymph glands.
- Weight loss, hair fall.
- Pain in joints, fatigue.
Tertiary stage symptoms:
- Mental illness.
- Infection and swelling of membranes around the brain and spinal cord.
- Blindness, deafness.
- Stroke, dementia, heart disease.
- Numbness, inflammation of blood vessels.
- Changes in personality.
- Anorexia nervosa is diagnosed using the DSM-V (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition) classification of mental illnesses. The symptoms needed for diagnosis are the following:
- Restricting the required energy intake that is required for the person's specific gender, age, stage of development and health, leading to a significantly low body weight that is less than the minimum norm expected for the person.
- Patients with anorexia are usually extremely fearful of gaining weight and may behave in certain ways to ensure not gaining weight. These behaviors include restriction of food, excessive exercise, purging and unindicated use of laxatives.
- Persons who suffer from anorexia usually have a distorted body image. They persistently believe and see themselves as overweight and often cannot recognize their extremely low body weights.
- The severity of anorexia is based on the person’s body mass index (BMI)- calculated according to their weight and height. Each age group has a particular set of normal BMI parameters.
- The mortality rate of anorexia nervosa is the highest of all eating disorders and may be as much as 4%. The mortality is related to complications that develop over time because of the severe restriction of necessary nutrients
- These complications include muscle wasting or weakness (muscular atrophy), thinning of bones (osteoporosis), a fine growth of hair over the body (to assist in maintaining body heat in the absence of healthy subcutaneous fat), infertility, amenorrhoea, and constipation. Anorexia may also lead to different as well as multiple organ failures such as the heart and kidneys.
What Are The Symptoms Of Cough
Some of the symptoms that are accompanied with the cough are as follows:
- A cough is accompanied with a stuffy and a runny nose.
- One may frequently keep clearing the throat.
- Hoarseness in voice.
- Wheezing and difficulty in breathing.
- One may feel swallowing difficult or may suffer from the cough while swallowing.
- In some cases, blood is witnessed while coughing.
- Soreness in the throat is felt.
- Sometimes body temperature may also increase.
- Night sweats.
What Are The Symptoms Of Itching
Some of the symptoms associated with itching are:
- Dry skin, rashes
- Cracked skin, redness of the skin
- Flaky scalp
- Bumps appearing on the skin, spots on the skin
- Blisters, scaly or leathery skin texture
What Are The Symptoms Of Menorrhagia
You can be suffering from Menorrhagia if you experience any or many of the following symptoms of menorrhagia:
- Soaking through tampons or sanitary pads every hour (for several consecutive hours)
- Bleeding lasting more than a week
- Passing larger than a quarter blood clots
- Needing to wake up to change sanitary napkins during the night or use double sanitary protection to avoid leakage
- Finding it difficult to perform daily activities due to heavy bleeding
- Symptoms of anemia, such as fatigue, tiredness, or shortness of breath
- Bleeding in between periods, bleeding after menopause
What Are The Symptoms Of Acidity
Common symptoms of acidity are:
- Ulcers in stomach
- Gastric inflammation
- Belly pain
- Bloating, belching
- Vomiting, gas
What Are The Symptoms Of Arthritis
- The most common symptoms are pain and swelling of joints, joints getting stiff and reduced range of movements.
Common symptoms include increased thirst, frequent urination, and unexplained weight loss. Some patients may also feel increased hunger, feeling of tiredness, and sores that do not heal.
Usually, high cholesterol doesn’t have much of symptoms initially, except chest pain. However, it can lead to sudden heart attack or stroke, if it goes unnoticed.
Certain symptoms accompanied with wounds are:
- Blood may ooze out from an injured part of the body.
- Redness on or around the affected area.
- Swelling or inflammation on or around injured area.
- Tenderness and pain are experienced in the wound.
- The Heat radiating out of the wound.
- Infection accompanied by a fever may be caused due to a wound.
- Immobilization of an affected area.
- Pus may be formed in an infected wound, which may smell foul as well.
What Are The Symptoms Of Depression
- The common symptoms are: feeling helpless or hopeless, lost interest in activities that used to be important, change in appetite, weight gain or loss, sleep abnormalities, anger or irritability, lack of energy, feeling of being guilty or worthless, problem in concentrating, reckless behaviour(rash driving, alcoholism, gambling, dangerous sports), or unexplained aches. The stronger, higher and for longer periods of time the symptoms persist, higher is the level of depression.
What Are The Symptoms Of Headache
- Symptoms usually differ depending on the cause of a headache.:
- Tension headaches can present with tender neck and shoulder muscles, jaw clenching at night or a feeling of a tight compression around the head (a band-like headache).
- Migraines are usually severe headaches, with associated nausea or vomiting. Sensitivity to light or sound may be present. A headache is usually pulsating and on one side of the face/head. Migraines can present with or without aura. Auras are symptoms that typically precede the onset of migraine headaches. These symptoms include blurred vision, seeing flashes or stars.
- Cluster headaches mostly affect males. These headaches are usually severe, on one side of the head around the orbital area. It may include redness, tearing and drooping of the eye.
- Possible sinister headaches may present with following:
- Headaches due to raised intracranial pressure (possible tumour or brain mass) can have an early morning headache that improves during the day, projectile vomiting, neurological symptoms such as weakness or loss of sensation, as well as new onset seizures.
- A thunderclap headache- sudden, severe onset of a headache, often described as "the worst headache of my life"- may indicate subarachnoid haemorrhage (bleeding under one of the meninges/linings of the brain).
- Meningitis or encephalitis can present with neck stiffness, fever, sensitivity to light, decreased the level of consciousness or seizures.
What Are The Symptoms Of Hypertension
High blood pressure in itself usually does not cause symptoms, but long term high blood pressure is a major risk factor for coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, vision loss, stroke, heart failure, and chronic kidney disease.
- Recurrent or frequent colds or respiratory tract infections
- Constant feeling of fatigue or lethargy
- Difficulty losing or gaining weight
- Frequent yeast infections such as gastrointestinal or genital candidiasis
What Are The Symptoms Of Seizures
A seizure can occur for an episode of few seconds to 15 minutes.
- Short-term loss of consciousness
- Spasms, Muscle stiffness
- Repetitive movements, bouncy movements
- A sick stomach
- Modified Vision
- An out of body feeling
If in Progress:
- Salivating or frothing of mouth
- Difference of taste in the mouth
- Clamping teeth together
- Rapid eye Movements
- Rumbling / making noises
- No control over bladder or bowel function
Causes of diseases where URTIPLEX CAPSULE is used
What Are The Causes Of Indigestion
There can be several reasons for indigestion:
- Ulcers, pregnancy, stomach Infection
- GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- Gastroparesis (the stomach doesn't empty properly, usually occurs in people suffering from diabetes)
- Chronic pancreatitis, stomach cancer (rare)
- A hiatus hernia, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Thyroid disease
- Aspirin and painkillers like NSAIDS such as ibuprofen, oral contraceptives, estrogen, naproxen, etc., antibiotics, steroid medications
- Nitrates, thyroid medicines
- Eating very fast, eating a lot.
- Consuming foods very high in fat.
- Eating when you are very stressed.
- Drinking plenty of alcohol, smoking.
- Obesity or being overweight, stress and anxiety.
- Swallowing too much of air while eating can increase belching and bloating, which are symptoms that are associated with indigestion.
Persistent indigestion not related to any of the above factors is called non-ulcer or functional dyspepsia.
What Are The Causes Of Obesity
- The major reason that leads to over-weight or obesity is the imbalance between the calories consumed and the calories burnt. The intake of high energy foods and the sedentary lifestyles has led to the global widespread of obesity.
What Are The Causes Of Skin rash
Some of the common causes are listed below:
- Fungal infection
- Bacterial infection
- Food allergy’
- Exposure to allergens such as dust, pollen, pests, and chemicals
- Eczema or acne
- Poor hygiene
- Reaction to injections or vaccinations
- Exposure to heat or sun
- Skin diseases such as measles, chickenpox, dermatitis, psoriasis, Erythema, ringworm disease, syphilis, scabies, melanoma etc.
What Are The Causes Of Common cold
- The common cold is the infection causes in the upper-respiratory tract. It is caused by the attack of the viruses. It is a myth that not wearing enough cloth in winters or cold weather causes the cold. Some of the ways one can catch infections are as follows:
- Exposure to the virus by touching any contaminated object like cell phone remote controls, laptops, etc. or any virus containing surface like door knobs, taps, etc.
- Close contact with an infected person.
- Using the personal belongings of a person suffering from the common cold like the towel, clothes, etc.
- A mild infection may be caused in adults by three types of viruses responsible foe cold. However, in old people, children, and individuals with a weak immune system it can cause serious lower respiratory tract problem. Also, patients with heart and lung diseases, asthmatic patients, and premature babies are at a higher risk of getting the complications like pneumonia and bronchitis.
What Are The Causes Of Leprosy
- Leprosy, also known as Hansen's disease, is caused by a slow-growing bacterium called Mycobacterium leprae (M. lepra)
What Are The Causes Of Leukemia
The exact cause of leukaemia is not known. Environmental and inherited factors both seem to play a vital role in the development of leukaemia. Different types of leukaemia are caused by different reasons. Smoking, certain chemicals like benzene, ionizing radiation, prior chemotherapy, family history of leukaemia and down syndrome are some of the risk factors.
Other factors, which increase the risk of leukaemia, are pollution, smoking, pesticides in foods, water, untreated fungal infections, mercury toxicity, nuclear radiations, cell phone tower radiations, overhead power lines and intestinal toxicity amongst many other factors.
Constipation can be caused by any of the following reasons:
- Changes in your usual diet or activities.
- Antacid medicines containing calcium, iron or aluminium.
- Colon cancer.
- Eating a lot of dairy products.
- Eating disorders. Eating too much of junk food, white bread.
- Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Neurological conditions such as Parkinson's disease or multiple sclerosis.
- Not being active.
What Are The Causes Of Fever
The most common cause of fever are infections; however, various illnesses, conditions, and medicines can also cause the temperature of the body to rise including:
- Infectious diseases and infections (like common cold, flu, malaria, HIV, pneumonia, gastroenteritis and infectious mono).
- Illegal and legal drugs (cocaine, amphetamines, and antibiotics).
- Injury or trauma (stroke, heart attack, burns, heat exhaustion or heat stroke).
- Damage to tissue (due to surgery, crush syndrome, hemorrhage, heart attack and hemolysis (when red blood cells break open and release hemoglobin).
- Other medical conditions like lupus, cancers, arthritis, skin inflammation, blood clots, inflammatory bowel disease, gout, embolisms and metabolic disorders.
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are caused by microbes such as bacteria that affect the bladder, kidneys and tubes connected to them.
- Women are at greater risk of getting Urinary tract infections. It happens because the tube (called urethra), which carries the urine from the bladder to outside the body, is situated very close to the anus. Bacteria from E.coli like large intestine can easily enter the urethra after escaping the anus. They travel up to the bladder from there and keep infecting the kidney if the infection is not treated. Women have shorter urethras, making them more prone to UTIs, as bacteria can quickly enter the bladder.
- Bacteria can be introduced in urinary tract by having sex with the infected partner too.
What Are The Causes Of Leucorrhoea
- Bacterial, fungal or parasitical Infections
- Sexually transmitted diseases, irritation from condoms, intra-uterine devices
- Puberty, hormonal changes
- Poor hygiene, injury to vaginal area, low nutrition diet, anemia
- Wrong/ poor eating habits like eating too much of fried food, sweets or cold food.
- Overindulgence in sex, repeated miscarriages
What Are The Causes Of Pain
Pain can be caused due to several known or unknown conditions. These include:
- Illness, injury, surgery
- Trauma, stress
- Wrong sitting or sleeping postures
- Chronic diseases
What Are The Causes Of Syphilis
- Syphilis is a bacterial infection which mostly spread while having sex with an infected partner. The bacteria commonly enter the body via abrasions, small cuts in the skin or the mucous membranes.
- It is important to note that syphilis cannot spread by using the toilet seat of an infected person, by touching doorknobs or other furniture handled by an infected person. Neither does it spread by sharing utensils, towels, bathtubs or swimming pools.
- Risk factors for this infection are:
- Having sex with many partners.
- Engaging in unprotected sex.
- Sex with HIV infected person.
- Psychosocial causes are the main aetiologies.
- Psychological factors involved are low self-esteem, perfectionistic or “A”-type personalities.
- Social factors include lack of close or intimate friendships. They may also often grow up in environments where performance and perfectionism are encouraged, and patients may strive to achieve this in attempts to find approval from their parents or guardians. It may also be that the social environment at home is unstable, and often patients find controlling what they eat as a way to feel in control, even when outside circumstances are uncontrollable.
- There are some studies done that may suggest abnormalities in underlying neurotransmitters, although it is hard to estimate, as anorexia is a state of starvation, and that in itself may alter the neurotransmitters. Other studies suggest underlying abnormalities in neuro circuit connections in the limbic system and prefrontal gyrus of the brain.
What Are The Causes Of Cough
- Asthma: People with asthma attack can frequently lead to cough-related problems. Some are inflicted with such complications due to various respiratory infections.
- Upper Airway Cough Syndrome (UACS): After one’s nose generates excessive mucus, it goes down to the throat, causing cough.
- Bronchitis: Bronchitis is an issue that causes inflammation in the bronchial tubes. This issue further triggers a cough due to the production of coloured sputum.
- Pollution, smoking
- Flu, certain allergies
What Are The Causes Of Itching
Itching can be caused due to several reasons such as:
- Dry skin (xerosis) due to over-exposure to heating or air conditioning, bathing or washing a lot, old age, etc.
- Sunburn (exposure to UV rays).
- Insect stings and bites (mosquitoes, fleas, ants, etc.).
- Infestations like hair lice, pubic lice.
- Skin problems such as psoriasis, atopic dermatitis (eczema), scabies, chickenpox, etc.
- Diseases and disorders like anemia, thyroid problems, hyperthyroidism, kidney failure, liver disease, cancers such as lymphoma, leukemia, etc.
- Allergic reactions to food, chemicals, soaps, poison ivy, cosmetics and other substances.
- Reactions to drugs such as antifungal drugs, medications for pain, antibiotics, etc.
- Exposure to the sun.
- Nerve disorders such as shingles, diabetes mellitus, multiple sclerosis, pinched nerves, etc.
- Anxiety, stress and other emotional conditions.
- Genital or anal itching caused due to STDs (sexually transmitted diseases), yeast infections in women, etc.
- Swimmer’s itch (cercarial dermatitis due to parasites released by snails in the sea and freshwater).
- Itching of the scalp due to psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, dandruff, etc.
What Are The Causes Of Menorrhagia
Some of the common causes of menorrhagia are:
- Hormonal imbalance: Can be caused by polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), insulin resistance obesity, and thyroid problems.
- Dysfunction of the ovaries: e.g. ovaries not releasing eggs during ovulation
- Uterine polyps: Benign, small growth on the lining of the uterus
- Uterine fibroids: Non-malignant fibroids can also cause heavy bleeding.
- Intrauterine device (IUD): A device often used for birth control, it can cause heavy bleeding
- Adenomyosis: It causes painful periods and heavy bleeding when the glands from the endometrium get embedded in the uterine muscle.
- Cancer: Uterine cancer or cervical cancer can be the cause of excessive menstrual bleeding, especially in postmenopausal women.
- Pregnancy complications: e.g. miscarriage, unusual location of the placenta, like placenta previa or a low-lying placenta.
- Inherited bleeding disorders like von Willebrand's disease
- Other medical conditions: Many other medical conditions, like kidney or liver disease, may also be the cause of menorrhagia.
- Certain medications: Hormonal medications, anti-inflammatory medications, or some other types of medications can lead to prolonged or heavy menstrual bleeding.
What Are The Causes Of Acidity
Acidity can be caused by any of the following reasons:
- Eating spicy foods, junk foods, irregular eating
- Alcoholism, sodas, sweetened beverages
- Sedentary life style
- Skipping meals
- Eating processed foods, freid/oily foods,
What Are The Causes Of Arthritis
- The cause behind arthritis depends on the type of arthritis. The causes may range from injury, genetic factors, infections, misdirected immune system with autoimmunity. Though more common among adults, but people of any age can suffer from Arthritis.
Type 2 diabetes mainly occurs because of obesity and lack of exercise. Some people are at more risk genetically than others. Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by regular exercise, maintaining normal weight and proper diet.
- Eating fatty foods
- No physical exercise
- Age (after 20, it starts to rise).
- Family history
Wounds are generally caused by injuries or accidents, however, the other reasons that may cause wounds are:
- Burns due to heat, and chemical.
- Extreme temperatures like frostbite.
- Certain kind of radiations.
- Some of the health conditions that can be the cause of chronic wounds are as follows:
- Sickle Cell Anaemia.
- Chronic Osteomyelitis.
- Heart Disease.
- High Cholesterol.
- Kidney Failure.
- Bowel disorders.
- Clotting, or circulation disorders, often caused by arteriosclerosis.
- Venous Insufficiency.
- Certain inflammatory diseases that can cause wounds are:
What Are The Causes Of Depression
- Depression is a brain disorder that can be caused by one or combination of factors like grief, changes in hormone levels, stress, substance abuse, genetic characteristics or stress.
- Continued grief in personal or professional life also leads to low moods and dejection.
What Are The Causes Of Headache
Headaches can have a myriad of causes.
The commonest headaches are:
- Tension headaches- often multifactorial, with stress, poor posture, muscle weakness, sleep deprivation and jaw clenching as related causes.
- Migraines- Usually a genetic component, with certain individualised, specific triggers such as chocolate, caffeine, exercise, menstruation, and alcohol. Migraines are more common in females due to the hormonal changes associated with normal menstrual cycles.
- Headaches from fatigue or dehydration
- Caffeine withdrawal headaches
- Cluster headaches
- Other rarer headaches include:
- Post-coital headache
- Sinus headaches
- Brain tumours or other space occupying lesions
- Bleeding on the brain
Side effects of certain medications can also cause headaches. These include antidepressants, treatments for erectile dysfunction or withdrawal headaches from chronic analgesic-overuse that contains opioids or caffeine.
- Wrong life style, lack of physical activity
- Eating disorders
- Old age, over weight
- Too much of salt in diet, alcohol
Causes of reduced immunity can either be intrinsic/ hereditary or acquired.
Intrinsic or primary immunodeficiencies are inborn genetic errors. There are more than hundred different types and forms of primary immunodeficiency syndromes described. These include immunodeficiency syndromes such as selective IgA deficiency, DiGeorge syndrome and Ataxia Telangiectasia.
Secondary or acquired immunodeficiency states can be due to diseases or conditions such as:
- Malnutrition or being underweight
- Auto-immune disorders
Medications or substances:
- Long-term corticosteroid use
- Tumour Necrosis Factor (TNF) used in auto-immune diseases like inflammatory bowel disease or rheumatoid arthritis. Chemotherapy or radiation.
- Pregnancy is a normal physiological state of lowered immunity.
- Ageing is also a natural process that causes lowered immunity.
What Are The Causes Of Seizures
Various health issues may lead to a seizure.
- Decreasing glucose levels in blood
- Failure in kidney or liver
- Exceptionally elevated blood pressure
- Shock in head
- An electric shock
- Sudden drug/alcohol abandonment
- A brain defect present from birth
- An injury/injection caused in brain
- Toxic bites/stings
Worst Foods With URTIPLEX CAPSULE
What Are The Worst Foods For Indigestion
- Avoid spicy and fried foods as they worsen the symptoms of indigestion and trigger heartburn.
- Cut down on caffeinated drinks like cola, fizzy drinks, tea, coffee, and energy drinks as they will cause the reflux symptoms to worsen.
- Avoid foods that are too acidic like citrus fruits like lemons, oranges, grapefruit, pineapples, tomatoes, etc. as they worsen the condition of indigestion.
- Avoid saturated and trans fats and high-fat foods like cakes, pastries, cookies, fries, chips, full-fat dairy, creamy salad dressings, cream sauces, fatty cuts of meat like beef, lamb, pork, etc. as they will cause nausea and worsen the problem of indigestion.
- Chocolate increases reflux due to the ingredient it contains called methylxanthine.
- Onions and garlic can worsen indigestion and cause heartburn.
What Are The Worst Foods For Obesity
To manage overweight and obesity, following foods must be avoided:
- Sweetened beverages
- Refined grains
- Large amounts of fruit juice
- Red meat and the processed meat
- Highly processed foods
What Are The Worst Foods For Skin rash
- Refined carbohydrates: Refines carbs increase the production of oil in the skin and block the pores. Refines carbs increase the glucose level of the body leading to the increased production of sebum oil. These interfere with the healing process.
- Dairy products: These should be avoided as these are pro-inflammatory products and can worsen the rashes. These contain lactose which may cause sensitivity leading to rashes.
- Processed and refined food: These foods are rich in omega-6 fatty acids which increase the inflammation of the skin. These should be avoided.
- Alcohol: Consumption of alcohol and its products should be avoided as these increase the sugar levels of the body and cause dehydration. This dehydration removes the moisture from the skin. Alcohol causes the depletion of collagen leading to premature aging. It increases the risk of rashes.
What Are The Worst Foods For Common cold
Some of the foods to cut down to curb common cold and its symptoms are as follows:
- Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages: Immunity of one’s body gets weakened by alcohol, also body experiences dehydration. Such conditions make one even more vulnerable to common cold. So, one should not consume alcohol, especially in a hefty amount to prevent the common cold. Some of the beverages to avoid are beer, wine, tequila, vodka, and whiskey.
- Dairy Products: The Dairy product should be cut down during the common cold, as consuming dairy items may worsen the mucus formation. Excessive mucus causes the common cold to irritate even more. Some of the dairy products that one should avoid completely are milkshakes, cold coffee, milk ice creams, butter, cheese, yoghurt, cream, pudding, and other milk desserts.
- Packed Juices: When one is suffering from the common cold he/she must stay away from packed fruit juices as they consist of high amount of added sugar. Sugar decreases the efficiency of WBC to fight against infections. The Vitamin C benefits from the packed juice are cancelled by excessive sugar present in them.
What Are The Worst Foods For Leprosy
- Avoid spicy foods as they may increase the irritation of the skin.
- Avoid junk foods or any food, which might reduce immunity of the body
What Are The Worst Foods For Leukemia
- Since the stomach gets upset easily after chemotherapy, avoid foods like coffee, spicy foods, tobacco, alcohol etc.
- Sugar, sweets.
- Saturated fats, fried foods as they are difficult to digest.
- Food additives, artificial flavours, refined foods.
- Some patients may experience more stomach upset with dairy products, soy or wheat. Check if your symptoms worsen after taking these items and if the answer is yes, delete them from your food list till you are off the treatment.
What Are The Worst Foods For Constipation
Avoid cheese and dairy items
- Fried foods
- Red meat
- Frozen food
- Unripe banana
- Processed food
What Are The Worst Foods For Fever
- Avoid sugar and sugary foods like fruit juice with sugar, canned fruits, soda, honey, etc. as consumption of sugar can hamper the immune system and worsen the fever.
- Avoid caffeinated beverages as this can hamper your immune system.
- Avoid raw foods as they are difficult to digest when you’re suffering from fever.
- Avoid red meat, shellfish, etc., as they may be difficult to digest.
- Chocolate, carbonation, citrus fruits and caffeine: These can irritate the lining of the bladder, and make it easier for bacteria to stick on.
- Artificial sweeteners
- Spicy foods
What Are The Worst Foods For Leucorrhoea
- Avoid heavy, spicy, oily, fried, and sour foods.
- Alcohol, aerated drinks, tea, and coffee should also be avoided.
- Avoid white sugar, tinned/ canned food.
- Avoid white flour (maida).
What Are The Worst Foods For Pain
- Sugar: Avoid sugar and foods containing sugars such as chocolates, beverages, cakes, biscuits, cookies, candies, soft drinks etc. These increase the inflammation causing pain.
- Processed and refined foods: These foods contain lots of spices and calories. These tend to increase the weight and provide fewer nutrients. They also trigger inflammation and lead to pain.
- Saturated fats: Foods which contains saturated fats should be avoided as these contain a high amount of cholesterol which triggers the pain.
What Are The Worst Foods For Syphilis
Foods which are devoid of nutrition and give the body only empty calories are to be avoided. The list includes:
- Sugary foods fill up the stomach and add calories to the body without actually giving any nutrition. Avoid ice creams, pastries, sweets.
- Fried foods are high in fat content and require more effort from the digestion system to digest the food.
- Refined and processed foods are also unhealthy because they have more sugar and less fiber and are hence taxing on the digestive system.
What Are The Worst Foods For Cough
Some of the foods that one must avoid while suffering from a cough are as follows:
- Milk and Dairy products: Sticky thick mucus may flow down to the throats back from cold or an allergy is called phlegm. If phlegm is the cause of a cough, then one must avoid foods that may cause the formation of mucus. Milk and other dairy products increase the mucus formation particularly when the infection already persists. Therefore, one must stay away from dairy products when suffering from a cough. Some of the dairy products that one should avoid are milk and milkshakes, sour cream, whipped cream, yoghurt, ice creams, etc.
- Caffeine: Coffee is a common diuretic that leads to excessive urination and later complications of dehydration. This further leads to a dry cough. So, avoid consumption of caffeinated drinks.
- Citrus Fruits: Avoid consuming citrus fruits such as watermelon, bananas, peaches, and mangoes. Such food items contain citric acid that irritates the throat leading to a cough.
- Fried foods: One must not consume fried foods such as French fries, chips, etc. as these secrete an irritant known as acrolein that is known to increase cough reflex.
- Processed chips: Processed foods such as fried noodles, cheese, cereals, etc. can suppress the immunity of a person So, there are more chances of infections if one consumes too much of such food items.
- Allergen foods: Some people who have complications like asthma can further be affected with allergic disorders such as a cough on consumption of irritant foods like yeast, nuts, fish, milk, etc.
What Are The Worst Foods For Itching
- If you are allergic to foods such as shellfish, fish, eggs, nuts, milk, peanuts, soy and wheat, it could cause itching. So, you must avoid these foods if you are allergic to any of them. For instance, if you’re allergic to wheat, then you should eliminate foods like bread, cereals, pasta, crackers, snack foods, etc.
- Certain foods like yeast, eggplant, spinach, mackerel, wine, tuna, etc. contain histamine, which can cause sensitivity and itching. So, it is a good idea to avoid these foods.
- Avoid alcohol and beverages containing caffeine as they cause dehydration and worsen the condition of itching.
What Are The Worst Foods For Menorrhagia
Some foods tend to increase the blood flow, hence should be avoided especially during periods:
- Papaya: It is also known for causing miscarriages. Hence, papaya should be avoided during periods.
- Certain Ayurvedic medicines, home products like foxnut, Chayavanprash, ginger etc. are hot in nature. Taking large quantities of such items can also lead to heavy bleeding.
- Caffeine-containing products like coffee and tea
- Foods with high sugar content like pastries, sweets
- High salts and fried foods like French fries, pizzas
What Are The Worst Foods For Acidity
- Spicy foods
- French fries and other fried foods
- Fatty red meat
- Citrus fruit
- Fatty red meat
- Butter, oil,
- Chocolate, caffeine
What Are The Worst Foods For Arthritis
- Avoid nightshade vegetables: Nightshade vegetables are like: tomatoes, white potatoes, eggplant, okra, peppers, tomatillos etc. The chemical solanine present in these leads to pain.
- Fried and Processed foods: Reducing these foods can decrease the inflammation at joints and can help regain body’s natural defence.
- Advanced glycation end product (toxin present in the heated, grilled, fried or pasteurized food). These result in inflammation.
- Sugars and Refined carbs increase the Advanced Glycation End product that worsens arthritis
- Alcohol and Tobacco: Alcohol increases the risk of gout and smoking leads to rheumatoid arthritis
- Salt & Preservatives: These lead to the inflammation of joints.
- White bread, pastries, cakes, cookies
- Fruits like mango, bananas, melon, peaches, nectarines
- Canned juices, fruits
- White rice
- Blended coffee, ice creams, sweets
- Chinese food
- Fruit juices
- French fries
- Fatty meats
Here are the things you should avoid:
- Saturated fats: Red meat, whole-fat dairy products, eggs, vegetable oils, such as palm oil, coconut oil, and cocoa butter. Saturated fat can increase your levels of "bad" LDL cholesterol and at the same time lowers triglycerides and nudges up levels of "good" HDL cholesterol. Hence, saturated fats should be taken in moderate quantities.
- Trans fats: Pies, cakes, cookies, donuts, French fries, chips, Margarine, samosa, muffins, pan cakes, fried chicken and other fried items.
What Are The Worst Foods For Wound healing
Some foods that delay or hinder the healing process of a wound may be as mentioned below:
- Nitrate-Rich Foods: Blood vessels in one’s body help the chemicals and cells to move. The movement of chemicals and cells are necessary to heal the wound. By consuming nitrate rich food, these blood vessels can get damaged. A condition known as atherosclerosis can be caused by excessive consumption of nitrate rich foods. In this case, fatty plaques can be formed in the blood vessels which can lead to the rupture of the blood vessels and can further delay the healing process. In addition to these issues, nitrate-rich foods can cause different types of bleeding disorders, heart attack, and even strokes. A few nitrate containing foods are various kinds of processed meats like bacon, deli meats, and hot dogs.
- Spices and spicy foods: Spices may add flavour to the food, but it can be proved harmful during the process of wound healing. Various spices can hinder the process of wound healing, by delaying the clot formation. Some of the spices that may cause wound healing difficult are red pepper, and black pepper
What Are The Worst Foods For Depression
Food that can contribute to depression are;
- Refined Sugar causes a hike in the glucose levels that disturbs the mood, drains energy and causes sleep disturbances
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Processed foods
- Hydrogenated oils
- Food with high sodium content can affect the neurological system and thus enhance depression
- Alcohol is a Central Nervous System Depressant
- Caffeine causes sleeplessness, agitation, nervousness, depression and anxiety.
What Are The Worst Foods For Headache
- Migraines: Caffeine(can either be a trigger or treatment), dairy, alcohol, chocolates
- Tension headaches: Caffeine overuse
What Are The Worst Foods For Hypertension
- Limit your sodium intake to 1500 milligrams (less than one tablespoon) per day. Avoid foods like:
- Canned juices, processed foods
- Fatty food, oily food
- The more an item stays in food, the more sodium it accumulates. Canned foods need to stay longer and need preservatives. Salt is a good preservative, used in most of the canned foods. However, the longer a vegetable stays in salt, the more sodium it accumulates. Hence, it is always suggested to eat freshly cooked food, then frozen or pre-cooked food.
- Coffee: People who have low blood pressure are recommended coffee as it increases blood pressure. Those with high BP should immediately stop drinking coffee as it contains caffeine, the main culprit of hypertension.
- Alcohol: Having 3 drinks at a time can increase your blood pressure for a short while. Regularly drinking alcohol can result in long term hypertension.
- Sugar and refined carbohydrates. High glycemic index carbohydrates and sugar wreak havoc on your body's immune system, by causing insulin spikes and blood sugar surges, increasing inflammation and lowering immunity.
- Processed foods especially high in colourants, preservatives and chemicals all increase inflammation and lower immunity.
- Foods high in saturated fatty acids.
- Excessive alcohol intake reduces white blood cells in the immune system after long term use.
What Are The Worst Foods For Seizures
People who have risks of seizures need to avoid certain foods that may trigger the condition out of the blue. Some of these are:
Refined Carbohydrates: Foods with refined carbohydrates tend to increase the glycaemia in the body that leads to high glucose levels. These foods comprise of chips, white pasta, bagels, cakes, white bread, soft drinks, pizza, etc.
Fruits and vegetables with high glycaemia: There are also a number of fruits and vegetables that have high glycemic content in them leading to irregular glucose levels. Such food items that need to be avoided are dates, mashed potatoes, bananas, raisins, mangos, etc.
Other foods that have chances of triggering seizures in people are Monosodium Glutamate and Gingko Nuts which when consumed in large quantity can be toxic to the nerves.
Do's With Usage of URTIPLEX CAPSULE
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Indigestion
- Drink water or any fluids after you finish eating your meals. Avoid drinking fluids along with your meals.
- Eat small frequent meals rather than a large meal, as the stomach does not have to work so long and so hard when you eat small meals.
- Eat slowly.
- Exercise before a meal or give a gap of at least an hour after eating before you exercise. Don’t exercise on a full stomach.
- When you sleep, keep your head slightly elevated, at least 6-inches above your feet and use pillows to prop yourself. This helps the digestive juices to flow into the intestines instead of the esophagus.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Obesity
To prevent or reduce obesity, do the following:
- Regular exercise
- Consume vegetable-based oils rather than animal-based oils.
- Take adequate sleep
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Skin rash
- Protect the affected area from direct exposure to the sun.
- Maintain good personal hygiene.
- Use gentle and non-perfumed cleansers.
- Protect skin while going out.
- Stay in a clean and hygienic place.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Common cold
The tips that one should follow while suffering from common cold are as follows:
- Keep one’s hands clean: Keep the hands clean by sanitizing them or washing them, as it helps to avoid the transferring of cold causing viruses. Especially, clean one’s hands after visiting public places like movie hall, shopping complex, gym, airport, and railway station. As these places contain a lot of germs.
- Usage of disposables is recommended and encouraged if anyone from the family is suffering from common cold. By doing this one can prevent infection from spreading. After the usage disposables should be put into trash cans. One must particularly use disposable crockery like cups, plates, spoons and glasses, paper tissues.
- Maintain the hygiene of one’s dwelling place: One should keep the house area germ free by cleaning it thoroughly with disinfectants. One must take care of cleaning the most touched things in the house like remote control, laptop, cell phone, etc. It helps to avoid viral infection, which includes common cold.
- In the case of children suffering from common cold, clean his/her toys and utility items properly.
- Keep the towels and clothes separate for the person suffering from common cold.
- Maintaining a healthy and good lifestyle is important. One must exercise, take healthy meals, and sleep properly to boost up the immune system. Body’s immunity helps to fight the common cold and other infection.
- Keep the stress in control: Stress is one of the major factors that weaken one’s immunity; hence one should try to relax. Good immunity means increases in the efficiency to fight with germs that cause the common cold.
- Make swimming a habit: People are prone to common cold should try swimming and make it a habit. Doing so can improvise the flow of blood in the nasal tract.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Leprosy
- Seek the treatment at the earliest. Leprosy is contagious only if not treated.
- Keep the clothes, utensils of patient separately and wash them with hot water and disinfectants every day.
- If you see any changes or side-effects after starting the medication, please talk to your doctor immediately.
- Be careful not to get injured as numbness in affected areas may not make you feel any pain if injured.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Leukemia
- Managing the tiredness and replenishing energy, which one loses in the process of treatment, one needs to manage one’s life in the best possible way:
- Do brief exercises at 5 days a week, as it helps in replenishing the lost energy.
- Aim for at least 10 fruits and vegetables a day to get sufficient vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants.
- As a side effect of chemotherapy, the appetite of patient reduces. Even if you do not feel like eating, take small portions of meals frequently. But one has to force-feed oneself to some extent.
- Depression is the most common thing to happen to a person undergoing chemotherapy. Get the help of professional caregivers and try to involve yourself in various activities.
- Fatigue is caused by anaemia and it should be managed with iron rich foods, iron rich foods and blood transfusion.
- Some patients may experience mental fog (memory loss, confusion, lack of concentration). It could be short term or long term.
- Most of the patients experience hair loss, digestive disorders, oral and dental complications but these are short term and go away as the treatment ends. So, maintain a positive outlook that everything will be alright soon.
- Consider a hair shave before chemotherapy to save the patient from the trauma of hair loss, which is one of the common side effects of chemotherapy.
- Eat steamed food.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Constipation
- Constipation is usually caused by wrong food habits, which disturb the digestion system of the body. Apart from that, try the following:
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day, as it helps in digesting the food faster.
- If you are taking any iron supplement, pl. ask your doctor to change it. Most of the iron supplements cause constipation.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Fever
- Cool the room using a fan.
- Take a cool bath.
- Put a damp cloth on the forehead.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and fluids. This will prevent dehydration and also help to cool your body. Water also helps to flush out the toxins from the body effectively.
- Get a lot of rest.
- Eat foods that are light and can be digested easily.
- Practice good hygiene such as washing your hands before and after eating and after you go to the toilet.
- Drink a lot of water as it helps in flushing out the bacteria.
- Drinking one tsp of baking soda mixed in 8 ounces of fresh water helps in reducing the acidity and burning sensation in urine. However, don’t take it for more than a week as soda is high in sodium.
- If you feel cramps around your bladder, use the hot water bottle and apply heat. This will provide relief from pain.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Leucorrhoea
- Increase healthy diet like by adding more fruits, salads, and vegetables in your diet.
- Maintain proper hygiene, especially in the vaginal area. Wash vaginal area with an antibiotic solution.
- Wash undergarments with hot water and an antibiotic solution. Dry them under the sun.
- Fasting for one day every week unclogs the lymph and helps in detoxifying. A person with leucorrhoea must fast for the holistic treatment of the same.
- Always wear cotton undergarments.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Pain
- Relax your mind and body.
- Take a deep breath. Hold your breath for 2-3 minutes and then release.
- Focus your attention on another part of the body which is not paining.
- Think positively by focusing your attention towards pleasant places or things.
- If the pain persists for longer than consult with the doctor.
- Try to sleep for a while.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Syphilis
- Since syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease, the main way to prevent it by practicing a safe sex.
- Always use a condom if having sex with an unknown partner.
- If one of the partners is afflicted with syphilis, do not have sex until the partner is fully recovered.
- If you have had sex while having syphilis, the other partner should also get tested and treated.
- Be alert and notice if you have any sores or unusual discharge.
- Practice monogamy.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Anorexia nervosa
- Acknowledge that you need help, and seek medical and psychological assistance. It is possible to recover from anorexia, despite how difficult it may appear when you are suffering from it
- Seek a social support system during your recovery process. Family members, friends or specific anorexia support forums may be of assistance
- Take time to heal. Recovery from eating disorders take time, as the causes are multifactorial, and often psychological and social issues or stressors that underlie your condition will only improve with time
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Cough
- Use warm water to gargle. Hot-water gargling helps in reducing inflammation. One can also add a little salt to the water for extra effect.
- Increase the consumption of fluid-based foods so that the mucus is thinned and removed through a cough as much as possible.
- Stay away from people with flu or cold.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Itching
- You can use a cold application to deaden the itch, as both the itch as well as the cold, travel the same path along the nerve fibers.
- You can pour cool running water over the affected area or place a cool cloth on the affected skin.
- You can have a cool shower.
- A cool bath with colloidal oatmeal or baking soda can provide relief from itching.
- You can apply an ice pack over the affected area.
- Make use of a soothing moisturizing cream or lotion on the affected area.
- Use gels or creams that provide a cooling effect to the skin such as calamine or some lotion with 1% menthol.
- Keep the affected area covered, so that you don’t scratch and bruise the area.
- Cut your nails short and wear gloves at night so that you don’t scratch the itching parts.
- Use sunscreen to prevent itching caused due to sunburn.
- Keep your skin well-hydrated with moisturizers to prevent itching due to dry skin.
- Take preventive measures to avoid STDs, lice infestations, tick infestations, etc. that can cause itching.
- Use a humidifier in your room, as the steam helps to soothe itching skin.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Menorrhagia
- There are many types of treatments available to control heavy bleeding, e.g., removal of fibroids, Dilation and Curettage (D&C), Hysterectomy, hormonal treatment, and Endometrial removal. Your doctor will advise you the best method that can be used for your condition.
- Cold compresses help in the construction of blood vessels. Take cold compresses for 10 mins every 4 hours during periods.
- Swimming in between two mensural periods is known to bring the gap between two mensural cycles to normal. If swimming is not possible, sit in bath-tub filled with normal to cold water for 10 minutes every day.
- Get enough sleep.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Acidity
- Eat small and frequent meals.
- Shed excess weight.
- Identify your trigger foods and avoid them.
- Avoid stress as this is one the major causes of acidity.
- Eat small quantities of food at shoart intervals instead of bigger quantities after long gaps.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Arthritis
- People 50+: Skin’s ability capacity to absorb Vitamin D reduces with age. Hence, there is more need of taking Vitamin D supplements.
- Manage your weight as obese people are more prone to getting vitamin D deficiency.
- Eat foods naturally rich in vitamin D.
- Maintain weight
- Regular Exercise
- Massaging painful joints and muscles
- Control your weight
- Exercise regularly
- Skip sugary drinks, processed hard to digest foods
- Limit red meat
- Choose good fat, remove bad fat from your diet
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage High Cholesterol
- Exercise regularly (3o minutes daily for 5 days a week) and keep your weight under control.
- Though fat people are more at risk of getting high cholesterol, it can also happen to thin people. Hence, get the regular check up done after the age of 40 years.
- Eat low salt, low-fat diet.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Wound healing
One must follow these tips to prevent, and cure wounds:
- Proper cleaning of the wound: One may clean his/her wound with flowing, clean water.
- Applying the pressure gently on the wound by using a clean sterilized bandage or a clean cloth is advised. Application of the pressure restricts the collagen to ooze out of the wound, above the skin level, as the wound heals.
- Wound Massage is advised: Gently and evenly massage the area near the wound with clean fingers. Doing this helps the collagen to break down, which further reduce the chances of scar formation or make them less noticeable.
- Get the dressing changed time to time: It is important to get the dressing changed timely either by an expert or by oneself, to avoid infection.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Depression
If you are suffering from depression following can help you:
- A proper routine can bring back a proper structure to your life that gets eliminated due to depression.
- Set goals, start from smaller goals to realise your worth.
- Regular exercise.
- Eat healthy, balanced diet.
- Have a proper sleep cycle.
- Fulfil your responsibilities.
- Correct the negative thoughts with proper logic.
- Consult a doctor.
- Try doing something new.
- Delve into fun-filled activities.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Headache
- If you are prone to develop tension headaches, maintaining a healthy lifestyle is necessary.
- Exercise and healthy diet help with stress reduction and elimination of toxins from your body.
- Be sure to eat right and drink plenty of fluids
- If you suffer from migraines, keep a migraine diary and try to determine what the specific triggers are.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Hypertension
- 30 minutes of yoga every day can help you reduce high blood pressure. Pranayama is the best yoga for controlling high BP.
- Do conscious breathing for 3o minutes every day.
- End your exercise with 5 minutes of Shavasana.
- Do the brisk walk for 30 minutes a day.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Immunity building
- Exercise frequently. At least 30mintes per day of light to moderate exercise 3-5 times a week. Exercise increases immunoglobulin levels, as well as the efficiency of innate system's cells. Extreme amounts of exercise may, however, lead to a weakening of your immune system. Balance is key.
- Reduce stress levels. Learn relaxation techniques. Take frequent breaks. Go on holiday when possible, or take time off from work 3-4 monthly.
- Follow a diet providing optimal nutritional support.
- Assist your body in its functioning. Hydrate and help your body to detoxify. Drink at least 2 litres of clean, purified water per day.
- Optimise sleep quantity and quality. Adults need 6 to 8 hours of good quality sleep per night.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Seizures
- The main objective should be to protect the person from injuries caused from falling.
- Make sure the person is in a safe area. Remove any sharp or dangerous objects lying around.
- Provide a pillow to the person’s head.
- Untie the tighter clothes, especially those around the neck.
- Position the person on their sides. This is to prevent the vomit from entering the lungs.
- Follow the instructions on medical ID bracelet.
- Be sure someone stays with the person until the help arrives.
Dont's With Usage Of URTIPLEX CAPSULE
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Indigestion
- Avoid chewing your food with your mouth open or avoid talking while eating as this causes you to swallow air, which can worsen the condition of indigestion.
- Avoid eating too late in the night.
- Avoid lying down immediately after eating. Go to bed at least 3 hours after the last meal of your day.
- Avoid eating too spicy foods as they aggravate indigestion.
- Quit smoking. At least do not smoke just before or after eating as it can irritate the lining of the stomach.
- Avoid or reduce the amount of alcohol consumption, as alcohol can irritate the lining of the stomach and worsen the condition of indigestion.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Obesity
- Decrease the energy intake from total sugars and fats.
- Never skip breakfast as skipping breakfast makes you consume more calories during the day.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Skin rash
- Never scratch or pick the rashes.
- Don’t cover the affected area all the time. Keep them open and allow the skin to breathe.
- Never use harsh cosmetics or soaps on rashes as they may worsen the skin condition.
- Avoid wearing rough clothing.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Common cold
One must avoid a few things when attached by the common cold. Some such things are as follows:
- Do not touch one’s face, particularly the eye, mouth, and nose area, when exposed to the people suffering from common cold.
- Do not smoke: Smoking a cigar or a cigarette may disturb the air passage and increase the chances of the common cold, and certain other infections. Passive smokers are also at a risk of catching a common cold. Hence, smoking should be completely avoided.
- Avoid going to the work place: Since common cold is a contagious disease, one should avoid visiting public places. Also, some rest is advised during common cold accompanied by fever.
- Do not travel by air: When suffering from common cold, one should not take flights. Increase in pressure while flying can make the ear drum rupture if one is congested. Also, dry air of the plane may irritate the inflamed nasal track and enhances the chance of bleeding nose.
- Do not drive when feeling drowsy: Lack of sleep caused due to blocked nose and inability to breathe properly can make one feel drowsy all the time. Also, certain medicines prescribed in common cold have sedatives in them, which may cause drowsiness. Driving in such state may be proved hazardous, hence avoid driving in such illness.
- Avoid sexual activities: Although indulging in sexual activities is said to be an immunity booster, but it may cause the transmission of common cold causes viruses. Especially, kissing a healthy partner by the infected partner may result in the transferring of the germs. Hence, one should restrict from sexual activities.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Leprosy
- Seek the treatment at the earliest. Leprosy is contagious only if not treated.
- Keep the clothes, utensils of patient separately and wash them with hot water and disinfectants every day.
- If you see any changes or side-effects after starting the medication, please talk to your doctor immediately.
- Be careful not to get injured as numbness in affected areas may not make you feel any pain if injured.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Leukemia
- Don’t smoke, drink alcohol too much as they directly linked to cancer.
- Don’t go for repeated X-rays, unless absolutely necessary.
- Since the body has low immunity during treatment, don’t eat raw fruits or vegetables as they may contain bacteria. Certain fruits like banana and oranges are safe as you take off thick peel before eating.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Constipation
- Don’t over use laxatives as these can cause hard to treat constipation.
- Don’t have a lifestyle of less physical activity.
- Never ignore the urge to go to the toilet.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Fever
- Don’t overdress or underdress, although you may want to dress more warmly when developing a fever and cool down when the fever is breaking.
- If you have a fever, avoid any contact with other people, so that you don’t spread the infection.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Urinary tract infection
- Don’t’ hold your urge to pee, as this increases the chances of multiplying the bacteria. Pee as soon as you feel the urge.
- Avoid wiping from back to front, after a bowel movement as germs can get into urethra easily.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Leucorrhoea
- Do not read or watch sexually stimulating material/ videos.
- Avoid thinking too much about sex.
- Avoid unsafe sex with people having yeast/ fungal/ jock itch etc. type of infections.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Pain
- Don’t take any type of painkiller on your own. It may provide temporary relief but may not cure the disease.
- Don’t neglect the chronic pain. It can be the symptom of chronic disease also.
- Don’t take the stress. It can increase the pain.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Syphilis
- Do not have unprotected vaginal, oral and anal sex.
- Do not be shy or embarrassed to carry condoms.
- Do not be apprehensive about seeing a doctor if you have any doubt about STDs.
- Do not have sex with multiple partners.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Anorexia nervosa
- Delay seeking help if you know someone who is suffering from anorexia. Complications may be life-threatening.
- Don’t stigmatize people who suffer from anorexia. There are very real and underlying factors for their disease.
- If you suffer from anorexia, don’t allow yourself to feel like a failure because you are seeking help. Sufferers from anorexia are often very perfectionistic and extremely hard on themselves.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Cough
Some of the things that should be avoided while suffering from a cough are as follows:
- Do not expose oneself to the smoky and dusty area if suffering from a cough, as such conditions can worsen a cough.
- Do not work in industries that produce toxic fumes.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Itching
- Avoid a hot bath or shower, as it may provide temporary relief but make you feel a lot itchier later on.
- Avoid substances and things that aggravate the itching such as detergent, rough clothing, perfumed soap, jewelry, some cleaning product, etc.
- Avoid scratching the affected area, as this could lead to the parts becoming infected.
- Avoid stress as this worsens the itching.
- Avoid wearing polyester, wool or clothes made of synthetic materials as they cause the itching to worsen. Wear cotton clothes.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Menorrhagia
- Avoid too much running around or heavy exercises during periods.
- Avoid dehydration.
- Avoid stress as this is also one of the key reasons for heavy bleeding.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Acidity
- Don’t take snacks late in night.
- Don’t ignore the symptoms.
- Don't smoke or consume alcohol.
- Dont' skip meals.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Arthritis
- Don’t wear flip-flops or uncomfortable footwear.
- Don’t stay indoors for long periods.
- Do not go out in sun with screen applied as it blocks the absorption of vitamin D through skin.
- Do not have any shield between you and sun rays (like glass window) as it blocks the absorption of Vitamin D by skin. Let sun ray fall directly on your skin.
- Don’t have sedentary life style
- Quit smoking and alcohol
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage High Cholesterol
- Alcohol, smoking is a complete no-no for patients with high cholesterol.
- Do not have a sedentary life style.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Wound healing
Avoid certain things to heal the wounds faster, which are as follows:
- Do not scratch the wounds: Wound may cause itching, but Scratching of a wound can worsen the condition of the wound.
- Do not pick the scabs: Scabs may protect the bruise from the dirt. Scabs may get peeled off as the wound heals.
- Do not smoke: Smoking slowdowns the healing process and may cause certain healing complications.
- Do not let the wound exposed to the air till advised by the doctor: Air exposure to the wounds may cause a decrease in the healing rate of a wound. Certain cells involved in the process may require a moist environment.
- Do not Stay out in the sun for too long: The healing process may slow down due to the exposure to the UV rays.
- Do not use Hydrogen peroxide on the wound: It may cleanse the wound, however, causes damage to the new cell growth, which may slow down the process of healing.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Depression
- Don’t confine yourself to four walls of your house.
- Don’t stop talking to people.
- Don’t self-medicate.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Headache
- Leave headaches untreated or uninvestigated.
- If any possible danger or red flags symptoms are present, seek medical advice
- Overuse of over the counter drugs painkillers. These may cause rebound headaches if used too often
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Hypertension
- Do not stay awake till long. Have adequate sleep.
- Reduce stress, avoid stressful situations.
- Reduce weight, if you are obese.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Immunity building
- Do not expose yourself to sudden changes in extreme temperature environments e.g. walking out into the cold after a full-on gym session.
- Do not smoke. Smoking causes generalised inflammation of body tissues and leads to weakened immunity and poor tissue healing.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Seizures
- Never try to hold down the person.
- Do not place anything between the teeth.
- Don’t move the person unless they are in risky positions or environment.
- Never try to stop the person from spasms as the person cannot control it.
- Starting CPR before the seizure stops completely.
- Do not try to insert anything through the mouth before the person becomes fully alert.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfURTIPLEX CAPSULE
- Make sure that you wear loose clothes. Avoid wearing tight-fitting clothes, as they put pressure on the stomach and cause the food to enter into the esophagus causing indigestion.
- If your indigestion is triggered by stress, then adopt methods to reduce your anxiety and stress such as meditation, relaxation, breathing and biofeedback techniques.
Here are some home remedies that can help to prevent or alleviate indigestion:
- Ginger has great anti-inflammatory properties and is a natural cure for gastrointestinal issues and heartburn. Add grated ginger to your recipes, smoothies, drink ginger tea or chew a piece of ginger to ease indigestion symptoms.
- Add 2 teaspoons of lime juice, ginger juice, and honey and mix in a glass of warm water and drink it after a heavy meal.
- Drink a glass of buttermilk with a teaspoon of roasted and ground coriander seeds. Coriander seeds have anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties that can help if you have indigestion.
- Eating a teaspoonful of aniseed or fennel after a meal can provide relief from indigestion. Fennel contains estragole and fenchone that remove gas from the digestive tract and it also has antispasmodic properties.
- Having a pinch of black salt along with a teaspoon of carom seeds will provide relief. Carom seeds are great to boost the digestive system and can cure various digestive disorders.
- Add a teaspoon of roasted cumin powder in a glass of water and drink for relief from indigestion and stomach pain.
- Having herbal tea or green tea after a meal is a fantastic way to help digestion.
- Peppermint oil can help to reduce nausea and prevent intestinal spasms. Drinking peppermint tea can help to soothe your stomach if you have indigestion; however, avoid peppermint if you suffer from heartburn.
- Drinking a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in half a cup of water can help in digestion after a heavy meal.
- Adding a spoonful of baking soda and water and drinking it can help to neutralize the stomach acid and prevents bloating and helps to relieve gas.
What Are The Tips For Skin rash
Skin rashes can be managed by changing eating habits and living standards also. Here are some tips to manage your skin rashes:
- Drink plenty of water. Water is the natural remedy for many types of skin rashes. Water rehydrates the skin and heals the rashes.
- Always use gentle soaps and cleansers to clean the skin. This will prevent the rashes from worsening.
Use natural remedies to heal rashes such as:
- Aloe Vera: It helps in soothing the skin and has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antifungal and emollient properties.
- Cold compress: This technique helps to reduce rashes which occur due to heat, shingles or insect bites. It helps in reducing swelling and inflammation.
- Baking soda: Application of baking soda helps to reduce the inflammation and itching of the skin.
- Olive oil: It contains Vitamin E and is rich in antioxidants which help in reducing the itching and soothes the skin. It can be used along with honey to heal the rashes.
- Neem: This is one of the oldest methods to treat skin rashes. Neem, due to its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties, is used to treat various types of skin rashes. Various Neem formulations are available in the market which treat almost every type of skin problem.
- Take some steam: Blocked nose can be opened up by taking steam. There are a lot of steamers available in market these days, which makes easy to breathe in the steam. If a steamer is not available, then one can take steam from boiling water’s pot. Always remember to breathe through the nose while taking steam. Also, be careful as the steam can burn the nose badly. One can add a few prescribed medicines to the boiling water for better results.
- Blow the mucus out: During a typical cold, excessive mucus is formed. Hence, it is important to blow it out instead of sniffing it back to the nasal passage. But be careful as blowing the nose too hard can make the germs enter to the ear passage that may lead to ear infections and ear ache. The right way of blowing nose is to press one finger on one of the nostrils and gently blow the other one.
- Use Salt-Water or Saline Spray to rinse: These may help to ease the congestion by breaking it up.
- Store half a litre of water in the copper jug overnight and drink it empty stomach in morning. This helps in getting rid of every type of constipation. Continue it for a week or a month, depending on the severity of your problem.
- Take one spoon of Isabel in hot milk every day till you get rid of constipation.
What Are The Tips For Fever
Some natural remedies for fever are:
- Basil has antibiotic properties and can help to reduce fever. Boil basil leaves with a teaspoon of ginger in a cup of water till it gets reduced to half the quantity and drink this 2-3 times in a day with some honey or you can mix a teaspoon of basil with some pepper to a glass of hot water. Let this steep for 5 minutes and drink the tea 2-3 times in a day.
- Apple Cider Vinegar is a great remedy for fever. Add half a cup of the apple cider vinegar to warm water and soak in the solution for 5-10 minutes to bring down the fever. Mix 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with a spoon of honey in water and drink it 2-3 times in a day for relief.
- Garlic has antifungal and antibacterial properties which can help to fight infections and warm garlic helps to promote sweating and removes the toxins from the body and helps to provide relief if you’re having a fever. Mince a clove of garlic and add it to a glass of water and steep for a few minutes, strain and drink this twice a day for relief. Crushing 2 cloves of garlic and warming it with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and applying this on the soles of the feet can help to reduce fever. However, this treatment may not be suitable for pregnant women and kids.
- Raisins have phenolic compounds which have antioxidant and antibacterial properties and can help to fight infection and reduce fever. Soak some raisins in water until they become soft and crush the raisins and strain the liquid. Add some lemon juice to this and drink it 2-3 times in a day for relief.
- Turmeric is a great remedy for fever and the curcumin contained in turmeric has antioxidant, antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties that help the body to fight infections. Mix ½ teaspoon of turmeric and ¼ teaspoon of black pepper to a glass of hot milk and drink it 2 times in a day to reduce fever.
- Soak 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds in a glass of water overnight. Drink it in the morning. Continue for a week.
- Take 1 tsp of powdered asparagus root mixed with 1 tsp of honey twice a day.
- Boil 2-3 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in a 1 liter of water. Once it starts boiling, keep it on low flame for about 30 minutes and then filter it. Use it as a douche (vaginal wash). You can make this douche using guava leaves also.
- Boil 3 tsp of rice in 3 cups of water in an open utensil. Remove the rice by straining and collect the water in a separate utensil. Drink this lukewarm water with 1 tsp of sugar, once a day.
What Are The Tips For Pain
Pain can be managed by medications and modification in living standards. Changes in lifestyle prevent us from getting a disease in the future as well. Below are some tips to manage pain:
- Manage weight as unhealthy weight increases the risk of getting various types of body pains.
- Exercise regularly to stay fit.
- Eat healthy diet
- Take adequate sleep and stress
- Forget stress
- Meditate and relax your body whenever you feel pain.
Ayurvedic tips to manage pain:
- Turmeric: Turmeric is found to reduce pain since ages. Add a small amount of turmeric to your diet daily. It will help to reduce the inflammation causing pain.
- Ginger: Ginger is also a good anti-inflammatory agent. This is one of the best herbs which can be added to your daily meals to reduce pain.
- Aromatherapy: It helps to relieve the stress causing pain. Essential oils used in aromatherapy act as painkillers.
- Massage therapy: Massage helps to relax the body. It helps to increase the circulation and removes body stiffness.
What Are The Tips For Syphilis
- There is only one mantra to remember if you wish to prevent this disease, and that is safe sex.
- Using condoms and being faithful to one partner will make your chances zero of contracting syphilis.
What Are The Tips For Cough
- Always cover your mouth and nose whenever you trigger sneeze or a cough.
- Always stay hydrated and consume plenty of fluids.
- Make sure to keep your environment clean, especially items of daily use such as cell phones, toys, countertops.
What Are The Tips For Itching
Stress can make the condition of itching worse and you can use techniques such as meditation, counseling, behavior therapy and yoga to relieve stress.
Some home remedies to reduce or stop itching are:
- You can apply camphor or menthol over the itching are to numb the nerve endings and stop you from scratching.
- Adding baking soda to a tub of warm water and soaking in it for around 30-60 minutes can help to reduce itching. Also, you can make a paste with 3 parts of baking soda with 1 part water and apply it to the affected part can help to reduce itching.
- Applying a paste of oatmeal to the affected part can help to reduce itching. You can also add colloidal oatmeal to your bath water and soak in it to soothe the itching.
- You can soak some apple cider vinegar in cotton balls and apply it to the affected parts to reduce the itching. You can also soak in bath water with apple cider vinegar added to it to provide relief.
- Milk has inflammatory properties, so dipping a cloth in some milk and applying it to the affected part can help to soothe dry, inflamed and itchy skin.
- Heat some honey and apply it to the affected skin while it is still warm. Leave it for around 15 minutes and wash it off. Honey has anti-microbial and antioxidant properties that help to calm the itching.
- Essential oils such as calendula oil, lavender oil, chamomile oil, rosemary oil, thyme oil, nettle oil geranium oil, etc. have anti-inflammatory properties which can help to relieve itchy skin. You can add them directly to the skin or add it to your bath water.
- Rubbing almond, sesame, olive or coconut oil on the skin before a shower can help to reduce itching.
- Applying lemon juice on the itchy skin can help to reduce the irritation.
- Coconut milk can help to reduce dryness and relieve itching of the skin.
- A salve made by combining cloves, juniper berries, and some unsalted butter and applying it on the itchy skin can help in providing relief.
- Adding some dried basil to boiling water and applying the liquid to the itchy skin can provide relief as basil contains a topical anesthetic, eugenol, which is beneficial for itching.
- Make a mint tea by boiling mint leaves in water and applying the tea to the affected portion with a clean cloth can help to relieve itching as mint contains menthol that has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Thyme contains thymol which is an anesthetic and also has anti-inflammatory properties. Making tea with thyme in boiling water and applying it to the affected parts can soothe itching.
- Applying some juice of aloe vera can help to relieve itching.
- Glycerine draws water into the body and has a hydrating, cooling effect and helps to reduce itching.
What Are The Tips For Acidity
Drinking fresh coconut water for 15-20 days is believed to cure acidity in a natural way.
What Are The Tips For Arthritis
- Therapies like acupuncture and aromatherapy can help.
- Avoid substance use like smoking, alcohol.
- If you have a family history of osteoporosis, you need to take extra care of yourself at younger age.
- Make exercise a habit.
- Avoid certain drugs that may hinder the body’s healing process.
- Give attention to the hygiene conditions of the wound.
What Are The Tips For Depression
To fight against depression following can help:
- Relaxation techniques (Yoga, meditation).
- Stay connected with people.
- Stay in sunlight for some time every day.
- Get professional help.
Nutritional and complementary substances that have shown to improve immune system functioning include:
What Are The Tips For Seizures
Leading a healthy lifestyle can reduce the risk of seizure.