VALCIVIR 500MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of VALCIVIR 500MG TABLET
Valacyclovir is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Viral infections in children
- Cold sores around mouth
- Outbreak of genital herpes
Side Effects Of VALCIVIR 500MG TABLET
The common side effects of valacyclovir are:
- Stomach pain, nausea
Sometimes severe ( but less common) side effects are:
- Signs of kidney problems
- Mental/mood changes
- Unsteady movements, trouble speaking
- Yellowing of eyes/skin
- Seizures, sudden vision changes
- Loss of consciousness
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of VALCIVIR 500MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Valacyclovir
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug valacyclovir or any other allergies.
- Kidney disease
Shingle is an infection leading to a painful red skin rash that reflects on the skin in the form of a red strip, band, or a small patch. This appears in the form of blisters mainly on the torso, face, back and neck.
Symptoms Treated With VALCIVIR 500MG TABLET
The most common symptoms observed in shingles are:
- Red rashes, itching.
- Painful, fluid/pus-filled blisters that break easily.
- Mild Flu.
- Tingling, Joint pain, difficulty urinating.
- Weakness and pain in the muscles.
Causes of diseases where VALCIVIR 500MG TABLET is used
Shingles are usually caused by the varicella zoster virus, which also causes chickenpox. So, the skin condition resembles that of the latter.
- As a person ages, the chances of getting Shingles increases.
- Certain diseases such as HIV/AIDS or cancer can trigger Shingles in the body.
- Stress-related encounters are also accountable for Shingles.
- The dormant virus in the nervous system can also be triggered by certain drugs.
Worst Foods With VALCIVIR 500MG TABLET
- Chocolate: It has amino acid ‘Arginine’ which promotes the growth of the virus.
- Processed foods: These don’t provide any nutrition to the body.
- Alcohol and other acidic beverages: Alcohol disturbs the normal metabolism in the body and promotes the growth of microbes.
- Caffeinated drinks: Such drinks change the normal functioning of the body and increase acidity that reduces healing process of Shingles. These include energy drinks, coffee, carbonated drinks, etc.
Do's With Usage of VALCIVIR 500MG TABLET
For proper management of shingles, one must follow:
- It is prudent to keep the rash clean and dry for stopping the infection from growing.
- Clean the skin occasionally.
- Use coconut oil over the rashes to nourish the skin and prevent itching.
- Disinfected articles are to be used in patient care.
- Application of calamine lotion is helpful in reducing the painful irritation.
- Wear loose-fitting apparels for avoiding contact with the rash, leading to irritation.
Dont's With Usage Of VALCIVIR 500MG TABLET
- Avoid contact with individuals affected by shingles or chickenpox.
- Don’t share used articles or non-disinfected articles.
- Do not apply rub-on antibiotic ointments and creams as they will slow down the healing process.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfVALCIVIR 500MG TABLET
One can get shingles from own chickenpox virus. Even after infection, the causative virus might remain in the nervous system for years. Thus, take care to not to expose to the triggering factors.