VALCYTE 450MG TAB has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of VALCYTE 450MG TAB
It is a derivative of Ganciclovir (a potent antiviral drug). Once ingested, it gets converted in to Ganciclovir in human body. It is commonly used in treatment of cytomegalovirus (CMV) infectionsin patients having HIV/AIDS, Organ transplant, retinitis (viral infection of eye) and colitis.
Side Effects Of VALCYTE 450MG TAB
Most common side effects are allergy like swelling on facial organs, difficulty in breathing, sore throat, cold, pain while swallowing and dry cough. Moreover, sudden weakness, flu like symptoms, painful mouth ulcers, pale skin, unusual bleeding from nose, vagina and rectum might be observed.
Contraindications Of VALCYTE 450MG TAB
Do not use Valganciclovir and Ganciclovir together, as both are the same medicines. It may result in to overdose and can show severe side effects.
It is contraindicated in following medical conditions.
- Bone marrow function suppression
- Low blood platelet count in blood
- Low white blood cell count in blood
- Acute renal failure
- Kidney disease
- Pregnancy & lactating mother
It would damage kidney more if it is used with antibiotics, bowel disorder medicines, vitamins, herbal products and some OTC (over the counter drugs).
Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) is caused by HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus).
AIDS is the end stage form of HIV (Stage 4 HIV). Patients are first diagnosed with HIV, and then the disease may later progress to AIDS, although not all patients who have HIV will end up with AIDS.
HIV is a virus that attacks the body's immune system and thus breaks down its ability to fight and prevent infections. HIV specifically attacks the white blood cells in the immune system called the CD4 cells. These cells are critical in our body's defense against diseases.
HIV is spread by contact with contaminated body fluids.
HIV is diagnosed with a blood test. In infancy, an HIV PCR test is done (assesses DNA to find HIV present). In patients older than 18monts, a test called HIV ELISA is done. Nowadays, there are many rapid finger prick tests available for HIV that have a sensitivity of 90-95%.
Blood tests used to monitor the disease are CD4 counts and the HIV viral load in the blood. Initially, as HIV multiplies in the body, the number of viral cells in the blood will be high- thus the patient will have a high viral load. Inversely the CD4 count of the immune system will be very low, as the HIV is actively destroying the cells.
When a patient starts treatment, the reverse should be seen in blood tests- The HIV viral load should come down, and the number of CD4 cells in the body should increase.
There has been a dramatic change in HIV/AIDS medicine over the past decade. HIV is no longer a death sentence. AIDS is now on the road to become a chronic medical condition, that can be managed life-long, in the same way as diabetes or high blood pressure. Patients who are on HIV treatment can have a normal lifespan and be healthy throughout.
It is also known as Urticaria. This causes red, itchy, raised welts and bumps on the skin that appears in various shapes and sizes. This is a very common disease in which rashes appear all over the body. These hives flare up suddenly and this disease is increased by extreme heat and cold. Antihistamines are the best treatment for this disease.
Immunity building refers to any measures taken to assist and strengthen the body’s immune system to function optimally and to help ward off disease. Proper functioning is necessary for us to maintain ideal health.
The state in which the immune system is functioning sub-optimally is called immunodeficiency. Immunodeficiency states can have serious consequences e.g. predisposing to life-threatening infective diseases or cancer. Overfunctioning of the immune system is also common. Conditions in which the immune system over functions are hypersensitivity reactions or allergies, as well as autoimmune diseases (when the immune system recognises the body's cells as "foreign" and starts to attack them).
The immune system is intricately and very detailed in its design. The system is divided into innate and adaptive immunity. Innate immunity is the body’s first defence against external factors. These include physical defence mechanisms such as skin, mucosa and cell walls, as well as scavenger immune molecules that catch foreign particles in the blood and lymphatic streams.
It is an immediate defence mechanism and non-specific. It does not adapt over time. White blood cells called macrophages and phagocytes form part of the body’s innate system. Once the innate immune system recognises a threat to the body, these cells activate a system called the complement cascade which leads to further activation of more of the immune system's cells.
The adaptive immune system is more focused and contains antibodies that are formed after exposure to specific foreign substances called antigens. Antibodies are called immunoglobulins, and lymphocytes are the cells responsible for activation of the innate immune system.
Poor diet, fatigue, stress as well as certain substances or medications can all lead to over- or underperformance of the immune system. Organs that form part of the immune systems include your spleen, tonsils/ adenoids, lymphatic system and bone marrow.
Symptoms Treated With VALCYTE 450MG TAB
What Are The Symptoms Of AIDS
During the initial period of infection with HIV, patients may experience flu-like symptoms such as fatigue, runny nose, chills and body aches. Swollen lymph nodes over the body may also be present.
As the immune system weakens, the patient may present with recurrent episodes of infections.
The hallmark of infections in HIV is that patients usually experience infections by "opportunistic" organisms. These are bacteria, fungi or parasites that under normal circumstances in a healthy immune system would not cause disease.
These include tuberculosis, fungal infections of the lungs and meninges in the brain (pneumocystis pneumonia and cryptococcal meningitis). Often the patient may also present with recurrent yeast infections in the mouth- oral Candida or vaginal thrush.
AIDS is defined as stage 4 HIV, or when certain opportunistic infections are present. These include HIV wasting syndrome (wasting and loss of weight), HIV encephalopathy (degeneration of brain function due to HIV) and oesophageal candida (yeast infection in the esophagus).
What Are The Symptoms Of Hives
The disease hives have many certain symptoms which can be seen and observed very easily. In this disease, symptoms keep on appearing and disappearing but chronic hives can have symptoms for months. Here are the most common ones: -
- Raised itchy bumps.
- Either red or skin coloured rashes.
- Dizziness & Wheezing.
- Swelling of the face and lips.
- Hives on reproductive organs.
The commonest symptoms of ulcerative colitis include:
- Abdominal pain and cramping
- Blood or mucus in stools
- Severe ulcerative colitis may present with associated systemic symptoms such as:
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
Associated autoimmune systemic manifestations may include:
- Arthritis (seronegative)
- Oral aphthous ulcers
- Skin conditions such as erythema nodosum
- Inflammatory eye conditions such as uveitis
Causes of diseases where VALCYTE 450MG TAB is used
What Are The Causes Of AIDS
AIDS is caused by HIV.
HIV is spread by contact with infected body fluids. This includes blood and semen. Tears and saliva cannot carry HIV.
HIV cannot survive outside the body and cannot be spread via droplets or air routes. When blood containing HIV is exposed to air, the virus dies. You cannot get HIV from contact with dried blood.
For HIV transmission to occur, there has to contact with mucous membranes or open wounds on the skin. HIV cannot be spread through intact skin.
The most common ways of transmission are sharing of contaminated or contact with hypodermic needles (health care professionals), unprotected sexual activity, mother to child transmission (during delivery and breastfeeding) and contact with blood products.
What Are The Causes Of Hives
Hives occur when the body reacts to an allergen and this releases some chemicals from under the skin. The chemical causes inflammation and burning sensation causing hives.
Common causes of this disease are: -
- Intestinal Parasites
- Extreme temperature and cold
- Transmission from pets
- Water on the skin
- Blood Transfusion
- Insect bites and stings
- Factors like exercise and sun exposure
- Certain medications
No specific cause of ulcerative colitis has yet been identified, but numerous factors are thought to play a role:
- Genetics- higher incidence of recurrence if a family member is affected. Higher rates of infection in identical twins. No specific genomic defect could be identified up to date
- Diet- Diets high in pro-inflammatory foods such as saturated fatty acids, refined starches and alcohol are suggested to have some influence in predisposing to ulcerative colitis
- Medications- Non-Steroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs), antibiotics and oral contraceptives may also play a contributory role.
- Stress- Emotional and life stressors may have some effect on ulcerative colitis, although no specific studies have been definitive. Stress is considered to be a trigger of acute flare-ups in existing disease, rather than a cause.
Worst Foods With VALCYTE 450MG TAB
What Are The Worst Foods For AIDS
- No specific foods have been shown to worsen HIV.
- In general, any food that puts increased strain on the body will exacerbate the effect that HIV already has on the immune system.
- Processed food and refined carbohydrates, as well as sugars, increase inflammation in the body.
- Alcohol also increases inflammation and overburden the body's detoxification system.
What Are The Worst Foods For Hives
| Some of the foods act as an enhancer of the disease. Observe if any of the following foods flare up the symptoms. If yes, avoid them completely. Some of them are: - |
- Dried Food: The dried food contains chemicals that can react so individual should eliminate this type of food completely from his/her diet. The dried food includes raisins, apricots, and dried apples.
- Citrus foods: Avoid all the sour products as it surely will make you suffer more. Citrus food stimulates the histamine quantity in the body. This food includes oranges, lemon, pickles, and tomatoes as well.
- Dairy Products: When any individual is suffering from skin rashes then, he/she should completely avoid all the dairy products. This includes milk, cheese, cream, and butter.
- Seafood and Eggs: These both are high in histamines and this will surely enhance your skin itching issue. Thus, try to avoid them for some days.
- Dried fruits
- High fibre foods (increased frequency of loose stools)
- Refined sugars
- Seeds and nuts, popcorn
Do's With Usage of VALCYTE 450MG TAB
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage AIDS
- If you are sexually active, make sure that you and your partner get HIV tests done at least six months.
- Use barrier methods when engaging in sexual activities. This is the only means of preventing the spread of the virus during intercourse.
- Practice safe sex.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Hives
Here are the some of the most recommended tips that one should follow if he/she is suffering from the disease Hives.
- Visit a doctor as soon as you observe symptoms.
- Identify and avoid all the triggering factors.
- Apply moisturiser and soothing agents like petroleum jelly.
- Use mild soap for bathing.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Ulcerative colitis
- Keep a journal of your diet. Each individual has different triggers that may predispose to developing. It is important to identify your own particular triggers, as they should be avoided.
- Hydrate and replenish electrolytes. Recurrent bouts of diarrhoea may predispose to dehydration as well as electrolyte imbalances.
- Exercise helps improve general well-being, lowers inflammation and systemic side effects. Moderation should be applied, and generally, exercise during acute flare-ups is not advised.
Dont's With Usage Of VALCYTE 450MG TAB
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage AIDS
- Do not smoke, as this weakens your immune system.
- Avoid alcohol or use with moderation.
- Don't engage in unsafe sexual practices.
- Don't engage illicit drug use, particularly in the sharing of needles.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Hives
| Experts have given some tips regarding the management of the healthy skin and thus they recommend avoiding some things. So, here are some best tips: - |
- Don’t use any cream or lotion without prescription.
- Don’t wear tight clothes.
- Don’t use and rely on hotel linens and soaps.
- Don’t experiment new products.
- Don’t eat spicy cuisines.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Ulcerative colitis
- Ulcerative colitis can take its toll on your body, and acute flare-ups may use up a lot of energy. Avoid overexertion and only participate in a mild exercise during flares.
- Life stressors may cause acute flare-ups. Do not allow stress to build up. Practice relaxation techniques. Take frequent breaks from work if possible.
- Emotional stressors are also linked to flare-ups. Consider psychotherapy to address comorbid anxiety or depression.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfVALCYTE 450MG TAB
What Are The Tips For AIDS
Although HIV is no longer a death sentence, prevention is always better than cure. HIV has a high mortality rate. Use caution and safe practices to avoid exposure to possible HIV.
What Are The Tips For Hives
Here are some other tips which can also be beneficial for the patient: -
- Manage the emotions if you are suffering from stress hives.
- Take medicines on time and have a regular check-up.
- Turmeric has been shown to lower gut inflammation as well as lowering relapse rates.
- Acupuncture has shown some effect on reducing symptoms and improving general health.