VALIUM 5MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of VALIUM 5MG TABLET
Diazepam is used in the treatment of following conditions:
Side Effects Of VALIUM 5MG TABLET
Side Effects Of Salt: DIAZEPAM
The most common side effects of diazepam are:
- Tiredness, dizziness
- Blurred vision, drowsiness, unsteadiness
Sometimes severe ( but rare) side effects are:
- Mental/ mood changes
- Trouble walking, trouble speaking, tremor
- Muscle weakness
- Yellowing of skin/eyes
- Trouble urination
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of VALIUM 5MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: DIAZEPAM
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug diazepam or any other allergies.
- Breathing problems like COPD
- Muscle disease
- Mental / mood disorders
- Alcohol abuse, kidney disease, liver disease
Alcohol withdrawal is generally known as Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome (AWS). It is characterized by some typical symptoms when a heavy and regular drinker suddenly reduces or stops the alcohol consumption.
Generalised Anxiety Disorder is a psychiatric condition, and is classified in the DSM-V (Diagnostic and Statistic Manual of Mental disorders, Fifth Edition) by standardised defining criteria.
Generalised anxiety disorder is one of the commonest mental health concerns worldwide, and it is estimated that a significant number of cases are left undiagnosed.
Patients with GAD present with excessive worry and anxiety in usual day-to-day life activities. This worry interferes with their normal functioning and is often regarded as irrational or out of proportion. The worry affects areas such as health, personal relationships, finances, and career.
Diagnosis of GAD may be difficult to make as it is commonly occurs in conjunction with other mental disorders such as depression. Online and easily accessible tools such as the Generalised Anxiety Disorder-7 questionnaire may assist in the diagnosis.
The average age of diagnosis is around thirty years of age.
Seizures are a rapid rush of electrical activity in the brain. The nerve cell action is disturbed during seizures. It affects an individual’s appearances or actions for a short period of time.
Symptoms Treated With VALIUM 5MG TABLET
After six hours of alcohol withdrawal, the symptoms may start to appear. The drinker can be associated with at least two signs of the following:
- Tremors, Anxiety
- Nausea, Vomiting
- A headache, Increased Heart Rate, High Blood Pressure
- Irritability, confusion, insomnia
The acute Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome is termed as Delirium Tremens (DT). Some of its symptoms are as follows:
- Extreme confusion, extreme agitation
- Fever, Seizures
- Tactile hallucinations, where a person can experience a sense of burning, itching, or numbness that isn’t actually happening.
- Auditory hallucinations, where a person can hear peculiar sounds that don’t exist in reality.
- Visual hallucinations or viewing images that don’t exist.
According to the DSM-V criteria, a patient with GAD must present with at least three of the symptoms listed below. The symptoms must be present for a minimum of six months, on most days, rather than at irregular intervals.
- Feeling impatient or on edge
- Getting worn-out quickly
- Struggling to focus or concentrate. The mind seems like it goes "blank."
- Getting annoyed quite quickly
- Muscle tension
- Some disruption of normal sleeping patterns- either having problems falling asleep, waking up at night, or having restless sleep.
The anxiety or worry must interfere with important areas of functioning such as social or employment spheres. It is important to exclude that the symptoms are not caused by other medical conditions e.g. thyroid function disturbances or by a particular substance or medication.
Patient with GAD may also have other physical manifestations of anxiety, along with those already mentioned. These include:
- Trembling, feeling jittery or being startled easily
- Gastrointestinal upsets such as nausea, diarrhoea or irritable bowel syndrome symptoms.
- Recurrent tension headaches
What Are The Symptoms Of Seizures
A seizure can occur for an episode of few seconds to 15 minutes.
- Short-term loss of consciousness
- Spasms, Muscle stiffness
- Repetitive movements, bouncy movements
- A sick stomach
- Modified Vision
- An out of body feeling
If in Progress:
- Salivating or frothing of mouth
- Difference of taste in the mouth
- Clamping teeth together
- Rapid eye Movements
- Rumbling / making noises
- No control over bladder or bowel function
Causes of diseases where VALIUM 5MG TABLET is used
Excessive drinking can irritate and excite the nervous system. If a person drinks on a regular basis, then his/her body starts depending on the alcohol day by day. Gradually, the central nervous system becomes alcohol dependent and then it can’t adapt itself to the lack of alcohol environment easily. If a person suddenly reduces or stops drinking the amount of alcohol he/she used to consume regularly, then the Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome can happen.
Generalised Anxiety Disorder is not linked to a specific aetiology, but different risk and associated factors have been identified, with a primary focus on genetics and environmental causes.
Life stressor may trigger anxiety in genetically predisposed individuals. Life stressors include social issues such as isolation, lack of family support and poor self-esteem. Financial stressors such as inadequate income or debt may also contribute.
Women are more often affected than men. GAD is seen less often in married couples or those in long-term relationships, than those without a life-partner.
Personality types may also play a role in developing GAD. Avoidant, dependent and obsessive-compulsive personalities are most commonly associated with anxiety.
What Are The Causes Of Seizures
Various health issues may lead to a seizure.
- Decreasing glucose levels in blood
- Failure in kidney or liver
- Exceptionally elevated blood pressure
- Shock in head
- An electric shock
- Sudden drug/alcohol abandonment
- A brain defect present from birth
- An injury/injection caused in brain
- Toxic bites/stings
Worst Foods With VALIUM 5MG TABLET
- Sugar: Sugar is responsible for enhancing the depression.
- Artificial Sweeteners: Artificial sweeteners can elevate the risk of depression and bad for the mental well-being.
- Alcohol: Alcohol works as a depressant that means the central nervous system’s working order can get depressed for alcohol.
- Hydrogenated oil: Hydrogenated oil is linked with depression. Foods with this oil are margarine, packaged snacks, baked foods, etc.
- Fast Food: It can affect one’s mental well-being. Such foods are burgers, pizzas, etc.
- Trans Fats: Trans fats can increase the risk of depression. Such foods are pies, cookies, doughnuts, cakes, chips, etc.
- High-Sodium Foods: They are directly connected to depression.
- Coffee: Coffee can increase the existing anxiety.
- Caffeine- coffee, black tea, chocolate.
- Sugar and artificial sweeteners. Sugar has shown to increase depression and anxiety. Sugar-spikes wreak havoc on your insulin-glucose pathway and induce a "stress-response" in the body that worsens anxiety.
- Foods high in unsaturated fatty acids, that increase neural inflammation.
What Are The Worst Foods For Seizures
People who have risks of seizures need to avoid certain foods that may trigger the condition out of the blue. Some of these are:
Refined Carbohydrates: Foods with refined carbohydrates tend to increase the glycaemia in the body that leads to high glucose levels. These foods comprise of chips, white pasta, bagels, cakes, white bread, soft drinks, pizza, etc.
Fruits and vegetables with high glycaemia: There are also a number of fruits and vegetables that have high glycemic content in them leading to irregular glucose levels. Such food items that need to be avoided are dates, mashed potatoes, bananas, raisins, mangos, etc.
Other foods that have chances of triggering seizures in people are Monosodium Glutamate and Gingko Nuts which when consumed in large quantity can be toxic to the nerves.
Do's With Usage of VALIUM 5MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Alcohol withdrawal
- Sometimes, the heavy drinkers can suffer from malnutrition. So, regular consumption of healthy diet is important.
- Regular sufficient sleep is important in order to overcome the side effects of Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome.
- If any of the symptoms stated above start to arise, take him/her for a medical check-up as soon as possible.
- Your mental support and motivation will help him/her to overcome this situation.
Exercise. Cardiovascular exercise is a good way to assist with stress relief, as well as managing symptoms of anxiety
Start practicing specific and directed relaxation techniques to help anxiety
Psychotherapy has been proven to be as beneficial as medication and is of additive benefit to patients who are on treatment.
Lower your caffeine intake. Caffeine is a stimulant that releases sympathomimetics (the same chemical neurotransmitters that are released during anxiety or fear
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Seizures
- The main objective should be to protect the person from injuries caused from falling.
- Make sure the person is in a safe area. Remove any sharp or dangerous objects lying around.
- Provide a pillow to the person’s head.
- Untie the tighter clothes, especially those around the neck.
- Position the person on their sides. This is to prevent the vomit from entering the lungs.
- Follow the instructions on medical ID bracelet.
- Be sure someone stays with the person until the help arrives.
Dont's With Usage Of VALIUM 5MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Alcohol withdrawal
- Don’t be afraid or anxious too much.
- Do not stop alcohol suddenly, if you have been a heavy drinker. Reduce the intake slowly. The more preferred thing is to get rid of alcoholism under doctor’s supervision.
- Don’t leave them alone for a longer time.
- Don’t neglect the symptoms.
- Do not smoke. Nicotine is a stimulant that stimulates your cardiovascular system and mimics a stress response. However, anticipated difficulty with quitting smoking may worsen anxiety. It is important to consult a doctor or counsellor to assist you, as well as to ensure that you have a good support structure around you, before attempting to stop.
- Avoid alcohol. It is a sedative but may cause a reflex/ compensatory stimulatory response by your body. Dehydration, impaired cognitive functioning, and memory impairment seen in alcohol use may also contribute to anxiety. Alcohol also lowers serotonin levels, which are important in maintaining mood and anxiety.
- Do not isolate yourself. Pursue meaningful inter-personal relationships and spend time with loved ones, as this has shown to lower anxiety
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Seizures
- Never try to hold down the person.
- Do not place anything between the teeth.
- Don’t move the person unless they are in risky positions or environment.
- Never try to stop the person from spasms as the person cannot control it.
- Starting CPR before the seizure stops completely.
- Do not try to insert anything through the mouth before the person becomes fully alert.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfVALIUM 5MG TABLET
The Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome should not be taken too lightly. Proper medication and a balanced diet are important to overcome this situation.
- Supplements such as omega-3, as well as magnesium and calcium may be beneficial.
- Aromatherapy, massage therapy, and reflexology may also assist with anxiety and stress reduction in general.
What Are The Tips For Seizures
Leading a healthy lifestyle can reduce the risk of seizure.