VALZAAR H 160MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Valsartan 2) Hydrochlorothiazide
Uses Of VALZAAR H 160MG TABLET
Valsartan is commonly used for:
- Treating high blood pressure
- Treating Heart failure
- Increase chances of survival after heart attack
Hydrochlorothiazide is used for treating:
- First line of treatment of high blood pressure
- Swelling caused by Fluid build-up due to conditions like Heart failure, kidney disease, liver disease.
Other uses include:
- Renal tubular acidosis
- Diabetes insipidus
- Decreasing the risk of Kidney Stones in people with high calcium levels in urine.
Side Effects Of VALZAAR H 160MG TABLET
Side Effects Of Salt: Valsartan
Some patients may feel dizziness and light headedness till they adjust to the medication.
Some serious side-effects could be:
- Muscle weakness
- Irregular/ slow heartbeat
Any of the following side-effects may occur, as your body adjusts to the Hydrochlorothiazide:
- Upset stomach
Contraindications Of VALZAAR H 160MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Valsartan
Pl. inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Liver disease
- Dehydration, loss of water and minerals from body
Before using Hydrochlorothiazide, tell your doctor if you have medical history of:
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
Myocardial infarction (MI) is commonly referred to as a heart attack. It is one of the biggest causes of unexpected death and is often discussed in the media. It is possible to treat a heart attack and prevent death if managed at the right time, which is why there is a lot of emphasis on educating the public on symptoms of heart attack.
An MI occurs when there is decreased blood flow to the heart. This usually occurs because of a blockage in one of the blood vessels supplying the heart. If the blood supply is decreased, it causes injury to the heart's muscle (myocardium).
The severity of a heart attack depends on which blood vessels are affected, how extensively the heart's muscle is injured, as well as on which of the heart's chambers are affected. If the ventricles (which contract and pump blood to the rest of the body) are affected, it has worse outcomes.
Death due to a heart attack is caused by cardiac arrest.
The first investigation done in chest pain is an ECG (Electrocardiogram). Leads are placed on the chest, and the electrical conduction of the heart is measured. Distinct patterns are suggestive of possible heart damage.
If heart damage is suspected, it is confirmed by blood tests that measure the heart enzymes in the blood. The blood tests done are called Creatine Kinase (CKMB), Troponin T and I, Myoglobin.
Hypertension, also known as high blood pressure in common language, is a long term medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is persistently elevated.
Symptoms Treated With VALZAAR H 160MG TABLET
A heart attack may present as chest pain (angina).
Symptoms of a heart attack may be atypical or typical. Other diseases may mimic the symptoms of a heart attack. It is important to have undiagnosed chest pain investigated by a doctor.
The typical symptoms of a heart attack are:
- Acute onset, sudden, severe left sided chest pain (pain usually >7/10)
- The pain typically lasts more than 20 minutes
- The nature of the pain is usually compressive (imagine an elephant standing on your chest)
- The pain may spread to the jaw, left or right arm or hand
- You may experience numbness or altered sensation (paraesthesia) in your hands, chest, or jaw.
- Accompanying symptoms include: Nausea and vomiting, dizziness, profuse sweating
- An MI may present with atypical symptoms like abdominal pain, indigestion, and back pain.
What Are The Symptoms Of Hypertension
High blood pressure in itself usually does not cause symptoms, but long term high blood pressure is a major risk factor for coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, vision loss, stroke, heart failure, and chronic kidney disease.
Causes of diseases where VALZAAR H 160MG TABLET is used
There are many reasons why the arteries in the heart may be damaged.
The commonest cause is atherosclerosis- hardening of the lining of blood vessels (endothelium), which may form clots or plaques, and eventually, over time may progress to block the blood vessels.
Smoking is a significant contributing factor to blood vessel damage as well as:
- High blood pressure
- Dyslipidemia (high cholesterol/abnormal blood "fat" levels)
- Lack of exercise and sedentary lifestyle
- Genetic factors or a family history of heart disease
- Illicit drug use- cocaine and other stimulants
- Age- men over 45 years and women over 55 years
- Ethnicity- MIs are more common in Caucasian and Indian populations.
People with a combination of the above factors are at highest risk of having a heart attack.
- Wrong life style, lack of physical activity
- Eating disorders
- Old age, over weight
- Too much of salt in diet, alcohol
Best Foods With VALZAAR H 160MG TABLET
- A healthy balanced diet is the most important part of preventing inflammation -the underlying process in atherosclerosis.
- High fibre foods such as fruits and vegetables, whole grain whole wheat grains and unrefined carbohydrates.
- Make sure to drink 2 litres of water a day.
- Maintaining a healthy blood lipid balance. Eat foods that contain unsaturated fatty acids ("healthy fats") such as avocado, nuts, coconut oil and virgin olive oil.
- Use alcohol in moderation. Red wine contains antioxidants that are beneficial in cholesterol (guidelines suggest one to four glasses of red wine/week).
- Teas that contain antioxidants such as green tea or rooibos tea may be beneficial.
What Are The Best Foods For Hypertension
- Eat foods which are rich in potassium, magnesium and fibre. Some of the foods recommended for hypertension are:
- Beetroots are considered the wonder food for high blood pressure. They contain nitrite, which opens the blood vessels and lowers blood pressure. Cook beetroots or drink juice, either way, it will be healthy for you.
- Add spices like garlic, basil leaves, ginger, cumin to spice up your meals. This will make up for the lack of the taste of food, caused by low salt.
- Green, leafy vegetables
- Low-fat dairy products, Yogurt (fat-free)
- Lean meat, poultry products
- Nuts, seeds, and legumes
- Fruits like Apples, apricots, broccoli, carrots, bananas, mangoes, melons, pineapples, oranges, peaches, and strawberries.
- Collards, green beans, green peas, kale, dates, grapes, lima beans, potatoes, raisins, sweet potatoes, spinach, squash, tomatoes.
Worst Foods With VALZAAR H 160MG TABLET
- High-fat food containing unsaturated fatty acids
- If you suffer from high blood pressure avoid foods that contain a high salt content. If you are diabetic, make sure to follow a low-carbohydrate diet and to control your blood sugar.
What Are The Worst Foods For Hypertension
- Limit your sodium intake to 1500 milligrams (less than one tablespoon) per day. Avoid foods like:
- Canned juices, processed foods
- Fatty food, oily food
- The more an item stays in food, the more sodium it accumulates. Canned foods need to stay longer and need preservatives. Salt is a good preservative, used in most of the canned foods. However, the longer a vegetable stays in salt, the more sodium it accumulates. Hence, it is always suggested to eat freshly cooked food, then frozen or pre-cooked food.
- Coffee: People who have low blood pressure are recommended coffee as it increases blood pressure. Those with high BP should immediately stop drinking coffee as it contains caffeine, the main culprit of hypertension.
- Alcohol: Having 3 drinks at a time can increase your blood pressure for a short while. Regularly drinking alcohol can result in long term hypertension.
Do's With Usage of VALZAAR H 160MG TABLET
- If you suffer from chronic medical conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure- make sure they are well controlled.
- Go for an annual checkup to screen for high blood pressure, diabetes and cholesterol.
- Lower your alcohol intake.
- Reduce stress. Use techniques such as mindfulness and meditation. Find counselling to deal with stressful life events.
- Cardiovascular exercise.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Hypertension
- 30 minutes of yoga every day can help you reduce high blood pressure. Pranayama is the best yoga for controlling high BP.
- Do conscious breathing for 3o minutes every day.
- End your exercise with 5 minutes of Shavasana.
- Do the brisk walk for 30 minutes a day.
Dont's With Usage Of VALZAAR H 160MG TABLET
- Do not smoke. Smoke is one of the biggest causes of endothelium damage.
- Do not take an MI lightly if you had one. Serious lifestyle changes need to be addressed.
- Do not leave any form of chest pain undiagnosed or untreated.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Hypertension
- Do not stay awake till long. Have adequate sleep.
- Reduce stress, avoid stressful situations.
- Reduce weight, if you are obese.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfVALZAAR H 160MG TABLET
High dose omega 3, coenzyme Q10, and magnesium decrease inflammation and to help prevent cardiovascular damage. Discuss with your doctor before taking.