VENTRYL 100ML EXPECTORANT has the following salts in its composition
1) Dextromethorphan 2) Chlorpheniramine
Uses Of VENTRYL 100ML EXPECTORANT
Dextromethorphan, a morphine class drug, is used in the treatment of a Cough (temporary relief). However, it doesn’t cure a Cough caused by Asthma, or smoking etc.
Chlorpheniramine, a first generation alkyl amine, and anti histamine are used in the treatment of following conditions:
Side Effects Of VENTRYL 100ML EXPECTORANT
The most common side effects of Dextromethorphan are
- Slight drowsiness/dizziness
- Body rash/itching
- Constipation / diarrhoea
- Confusion / sedation
- Closed eye hallucination
Sometimes severe (but rare) side effects are
- Respiratory depression
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
The most common side effects of Chlorpheniramine are:
- Stomach upset
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
Some severe (but rare) side effects are:
- Trouble in urination
- Ringing in ears
- Trouble breathing
- Fast/irregular heart beat
- Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of VENTRYL 100ML EXPECTORANT
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Dextromethorphan or any other allergies
- Systemic mastocytosis
- Liver problems
- Asthma, Chronic bronchitis
- Pregnancy, Breast feeding
- Slowed breathing
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug Chlorpheniramine or any other allergies.
- Breathing problems like asthma
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Heart problems
- Stomach problems like ulcers, enlarged prostate
- Urinary retention
- Breast feeding
An allergy is an autoimmune response called a hypersensitivity reaction. This means that the body's immune system is acting in a way that is detrimental or has consequences that that affects the body- The body's immune system "overreacts" to a particular trigger, and thus your immune system is called "hypersensitive."
The severity of this overreaction of the immune system differs from person to person. Some people may have a mild reaction (sometimes only referred to as a sensitivity and not an allergy), while others may have severe anaphylactic reactions that can be life-threatening.
Eczema, food allergies, allergic rhinitis, medication allergies and anaphylactic reactions can all be grouped under the term "allergy." No specific causes of allergies have been found although genetics play the biggest role in predisposing to allergies.
People who suffer from allergies have different triggers that cause an allergic reaction. The first time someone is exposed to a trigger, the body's immune system forms antibodies against the particular allergen. This is called sensitization.
When the immune system encounters the allergic trigger for the second time, the antibodies will react to the trigger and cause an allergic response. Sometimes the allergic response can worsen with every exposure, for example, seen in patients with bee-sting allergies. The first bee sting might not be severe, but the third or fourth reaction could be life-threatening. Most of the time, the allergic response stays the same in severity.
Often people who suffer from allergies had what we call an atopic triad in childhood- this triad of allergies include atopic dermatitis (eczema), food allergies and asthma.
It is also known as Hives. This causes red, itchy, raised welts and bumps on the skin that appears in various shapes and sizes. This is a very common disease in which rashes appear all over the body. These Urticaria flare up suddenly and this disease is increased by extreme heat and cold. Antihistamines are the best treatment for this disease.
Symptoms Treated With VENTRYL 100ML EXPECTORANT
What Are The Symptoms Of Allergy
The symptoms of allergies are because of a release of a substance called histamines from the immune system.
The symptoms of allergies depend on the type of allergy:
Acute anaphylaxis may be potentially life-threatening. This may present with a red skin rash, swelling of the airways, shortness of breath, low blood pressure, cardiovascular collapse and will lead to death if not treated.
A red itchy skin rash (wheal and flare reaction) is common in food allergies, chemical allergies (e.g. latex allergy), medication allergies and allergic reactions to insect bites.
Food allergies may present with a skin rash, itchy or swollen airways or gastrointestinal upsets.
Allergic rhinitis presents with a runny nose, teary eyes, sneezing and nasal congestion. Allergic rhinitis is one of the medical conditions that have the worst impact on quality of life.
Eczema usually presents in childhood with a dry, itchy rash, usually affecting the skin over joint surfaces.
What Are The Symptoms Of Urticaria
| The disease Urticaria has many certain symptoms which can be seen and observed very easily. In this disease, symptoms keep on appearing and disappearing but chronic Urticaria can have symptoms for months. Here are the most common ones: - |
- Raised itchy bumps.
- Either red or skin coloured rashes.
- Dizziness & Wheezing.
- Swelling of the face and lips.
- Urticaria on reproductive organs.
Causes of diseases where VENTRYL 100ML EXPECTORANT is used
What Are The Causes Of Allergy
Genetics is the biggest link to allergies.
There has recently been much discussion about the increasing prevalence of allergies seen in the developed world. This increase is thought to be attributed to a decreased exposure to allergens and toxins in childhood, because of "over-hygienic" parenting. This is referred to in the media is the "hygiene hypothesis."
Children who are exposed to more bacteria and allergens in childhood have shown to have lower incidences of allergies.
Triggers for allergies are numerous. The common triggers are:
- House dust mites and dust
- Pollen and grass
- Animal dander
- Nuts- especially peanuts
- Milk and soy
- Shellfish and iodine-containing foods
- Medications such as penicillin, sulphonamide
- Chemicals such as latex
- Insect toxins such as bee-stings
What Are The Causes Of Urticaria
Urticaria occurs when the body reacts to an allergen and this releases some chemicals from under the skin. The chemical causes inflammation and burning sensation.
Common causes of this disease are: -
- Intestinal Parasites
- Extreme temperature and cold
- Transmission from pets
- Water on the skin
- Blood Transfusion
- Insect bites and stings
- Factors like exercise and sun exposure
- Certain medications
Best Foods With VENTRYL 100ML EXPECTORANT
What Are The Best Foods For Allergy
- Green teas contain natural antihistamines, so are good to use in allergies.
- Foods high in vitamin C have shown to reduce the frequency of allergies. These include watermelon, apples, oranges, grapes, and strawberries.
- Food that contains Omega 3 such as salmon, mackerel, almonds, walnuts, avocados, and flaxseeds.
- Vary your diet.
What Are The Best Foods For Urticaria
| Diet plays an important role in curing or prevention from diseases. The most common recommendation about the food in urticaria are: - |
- Food with Vitamin E: This type of vitamin not only improves the immune system but also fight the bacteria and parasites that cause skin issues. Vitamin E also improves blood circulation which is equally important. The food includes kale, spinach, pumpkin, and almonds.
- Vitamin B rich foods: Mainly vitamin B-5 is very important to keep healthy skin. This Vitamin ensures less stress and anxiety and which may help reducing stress caused urticaria. The food includes mushrooms, chickpeas, rye, and hazelnuts.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is considered one of the best anti-inflammatory spices and that makes it perfect cure for the Urticaria. This is used in almost every Ayurvedic medicine.
- Garlic: Garlic is known for its function of working against parasites. Surely, garlic contains nutrients which help in improving nerves and skin. Garlic is rich in manganese and vitamin B6 which both contributes to improving health.
- Parsley: Parsley will surely reduce the frequency of Urticaria flares, and it is mainly used mouth fresheners as it contains chlorophyll that may help reduce urticaria outbreaks.
Worst Foods With VENTRYL 100ML EXPECTORANT
What Are The Worst Foods For Allergy
- If you are allergic to any food substance, avoidance of that particular food is prudent.
- Spicy foods induce a histaminic response. It may worsen your allergy in some cases. Use with discretion.
- Raw fruits and vegetables may sometimes aggravate allergies because of pesticides and pollen. Cooking your vegetables can lower the allergic response related to this.
What Are The Worst Foods For Urticaria
Some of the foods act as an enhancer of the disease. Observe if any of the following foods flare up the symptoms. If yes, avoid them completely. Some of them are: -
- Dried Food: The dried food contains chemicals that can react so individual should eliminate this type of food completely from his/her diet. The dried food includes raisins, apricots, and dried apples.
- Citrus foods: Avoid all the sour products as it surely will make you suffer more. Citrus food stimulates the histamine quantity in the body. This food includes oranges, lemon, pickles, and tomatoes as well.
- Dairy Products: When any individual is suffering from skin rashes then, he/she should completely avoid all the dairy products. This includes milk, cheese, cream, and butter.
- Seafood and Eggs: These both are high in histamines and this will surely enhance your skin itching issue. Thus, try to avoid them for some days.
Do's With Usage of VENTRYL 100ML EXPECTORANT
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Allergy
- Screen yourself for your particular allergen triggers through skin prick or blood tests.
- Trigger avoidance is the biggest component of allergy treatment.
- If you suffer from severe allergic reactions, always carry your adrenaline pen with you.
- It would be wise to keep your chronic medications on you, in the case of an acute allergic episode.
- Wear a medical alert bracelet if you have any life-threatening allergies.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Urticaria
Here are the some of the most recommended tips that one should follow if he/she is suffering from the disease urticaria.
- Visit a doctor as soon as you observe symptoms.
- Identify and avoid all the triggering factors.
- Apply moisturiser and smoothening agents like petroleum jelly.
- Use mild soap for bathing.
Dont's With Usage Of VENTRYL 100ML EXPECTORANT
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Allergy
- Don't leave allergies untreated as they have a significant impact on quality of life.
- Don't smoke. Smoking increases inflammation in the body and can worsen allergic reactions; this is especially true if you suffer from airway allergies such as allergic rhinitis or asthma.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Urticaria
Experts have given some tips regarding the management of the healthy skin and thus they recommend avoiding some things. So, here are some best tips: -
- Don’t use any cream or lotion without prescription.
- Don’t wear tight clothes.
- Don’t use and rely on hotel linens and soaps.
- Don’t experiment new products.
- Don’t eat spicy cuisines.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfVENTRYL 100ML EXPECTORANT
What Are The Tips For Allergy
Probiotics are useful in food sensitivities to restore intestinal flora balance. An elimination diet may lower inflammation in the body and help reduce allergies.
What Are The Tips For Urticaria
- Here are some other tips which can also be beneficial for the patient: -
- Manage the emotions if you are suffering from stress urticaria.
- Take medicines on time and have a regular check-up.