VERTIKAN 16 MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of VERTIKAN 16 MG TABLET
It is used as an anti vertigo medicine in the form of betahistine dihydrochloride to cure symptoms of Meniere's disease. Meniere's disease is the problem of inner ear due to which the victim feels like the world is spinning, fullness in ears, ringing in the ears and hearing loss. The problem typically begins with one ear and gradually both ears get affected. Betahistine addresses the problem in these cases.
It is taken either as a tablet or as an oral solution.
Side Effects Of VERTIKAN 16 MG TABLET
Using Betahistine may cause the following effects which have to be immediately reported and medicine discontinued:
- Liver problems
- Mild gastric side effect
- Hypersensitive and allergic reactions like rashes, itching, swelling of face tongue and mouth
- Nausea might increase partially
Contraindications Of VERTIKAN 16 MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Betahistine
Please tell your doctor before taking Betahistine if you have:
- Bronchial asthma
- Stomach ulcers
Feeling of the spinning world, rocking or rotating is experienced even if one is completely still, is called Vertigo. Many times children spin around can experience the feeling of vertigo for a few moments. But comparatively symptoms of vertigo occurred due to some injury or spontaneously may last for a few hours to many days.
Vertigo may be long term as well as temporary. Vertigo that is persistent can be because of particular mental health problems. Such mental problem causes dizziness and vertigo, which affect the ability of a person to properly function in day to day life, ultimately resulting in depression.
There are mainly two types of vertigo classified on the account of how it happens. Two types of vertigo are:
- Peripheral vertigo: Peripheral vertigo occurs due to the problem in one’s inner ear.
- Central vertigo: Central vertigo signifies the problem in one’s central nervous system.
Symptoms Treated With VERTIKAN 16 MG TABLET
What Are The Symptoms Of Vertigo
Vertigo is generally triggered by the position change of one’s head. The complaints of the people suffering from vertigo are as follows:
- Tilting, spinning or swaying of the head.
- Loss of balance.
- Some symptoms that come along with vertigo are:
- A decrease in concentration.
- Weak coordination.
- Pain in muscles.
- Feeling of depression.
- Lack of stamina and feeling exhausted.
- Experiencing motion sickness.
- An increase in heart palpitation.
- Blurred or double vision.
- Sensitivity to noise and bright light.
- Reduction in consciousness.
- Feeling of nausea.
- Jerking or abnormal movement of eyes.
- An Extreme headache.
- Ringing sound in the ears or loss in hearing ability is experienced.
These symptoms may last for a few minutes to days.
Causes of diseases where VERTIKAN 16 MG TABLET is used
What Are The Causes Of Vertigo
Vertigo may be caused by complications in the central nervous system or brain known as central vertigo and the problem in the inner ear known as peripheral vertigo. Vertigo is basically a symptom of certain conditions. Few conditions and reasons that cause vertigo are:
The most prevalent form of vertigo is Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV). BPPV is marked by the motion sensation, which lasts for 15 seconds to a couple of minutes. It happens due to the abrupt movement of the head, in a particular direction, like rolling in bed. This is not a very serious kind of vertigo and treated with an ease.
Inflammation in the inner part of an ear may cause vertigo, which is called Vestibular neuritis or Labyrinthitis. In this defined by the rapid outbreak of vertigo and it can cause hearing loss. Bacterial or viral ear infection can be the common cause of labyrinthitis. In this symptoms may last for days till the inflammation is decreased. Viruses that cause vestibular neuritis or labyrinthitis may include Epstein- bar virus (EBV), hepatitis, polio, mumps, rubella, measles, influenza, and herpes virus.
- Meniere's disease: It is a common cause of vertigo. Meniere’s disease may be caused due to certain factors like allergies, hereditary factors, head injury, or viral infection in the ear. It may cause symptoms like hearing loss, tinnitus, and vertigo.
- Acoustic neuroma: A tumour in the inner ear is called acoustic neuroma, and it is not a very common cause of vertigo. The symptoms of acoustic neuroma include hearing loss, ringing ear, and vertigo.
- Decrease in blood flow at the brain’s base can cause vertigo.Blockage or clots in the blood vessels at the brain’s back may cause a stroke, this is called cerebral vascular accidents. Sometimes, bleeding in the brain’s backside may also cause stroke, which is called cerebral haemorrhage. Both of these conditions may lead to vertigo symptoms.
- Multiple sclerosis is also one of the causes of vertigo.
- Neck injury or head trauma can lead to vertigo. In this symptoms may depart on its own. Certain neck issues like injury in the blood can lead to cervical vertigo.
- Migraine or extreme headaches can be the cause of vertigo.
- Complications induced by diabetes may cause the arteries to harden, which is called arteriosclerosis. This may cause the decrease in the blood flow to the brain, which induces vertigo symptoms.
- One of the causes of vertigo can be the hormonal imbalance during pregnancy. Dizziness is due to the high pressure on the blood vessels because of the expanding uterus.
- Stress, panic attack, or anxiety may cause vertigo symptoms to occur.
- A common cause of vertigo is a medical condition called Mal de Debarquement that means “sickness of disembarkation.” In this medical condition, a person may feel dizziness after travelling by boat or ship. People who go for a cruise feel it afterward in most cases. However, this may also be experienced after getting out of a train, car, or plane.
Worst Foods With VERTIKAN 16 MG TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Vertigo
Vertigo symptoms can be worsened by the consumption of some foods, which are as follows:
- Salty foods: Diet high in sodium may disturb the balance of fluid in one’s body, which increases the risk of flaring up vertigo. A quarter of a tea spoon of the salt gives 600 mg sodium, which is about one-third of one’s daily diet recommendation. Few foods high in sodium are frozen foods, processed foods, potato chips, pickles, canned soups and vegetables, packed butter popcorns, pretzels, and crackers. One can substitute salt with natural herbs for flavouring.
- Sugary Foods: Sugar may also disturb the fluid balance of one’s body, increasing the risk of vertigo hence should be avoided. Beverages and foods high in sugar are high- fructose corn syrup, sugar cane, candies, jellies, jams, sorbet, maple and other syrup, cake frostings, pastries, cream cookies, puddings, soft drinks, packed juice, and canned fruits.
- Aged Meats and Cheese: High amount of tyramine, which is an amino acid, is present in aged cheese and meats. Consuming such foods can be a common migraine trigger. So, one must avoid such foods in case he/she is prone to a migraine, as a migraine can cause vertigo symptoms. Few types of aged meats are salami, smoked sausage, liverwurst and pepperoni, and aged cheese are Roquefort, blue, cheddar, brie, mozzarella, provolone, and Swiss cheese.
- Nuts and Seeds: Most of the seeds and nuts have a high content of tyramine, which triggers the symptoms of vertigo, therefore should be avoided. Some the nuts and seeds that must avoid in the case of vertigo are pecans, peanuts, walnuts, peanut butter, sesame seeds, and pumpkin seeds.
- Caffeinated beverages: Intake of a high amount of caffeinated beverages may result in the compression of the blood vessels, which may lead to vertigo. Blood circulation is decreased by the intake of caffeine, which may result in dizziness. One must avoid the following caffeinated beverages like tea, coffee, and high caffeine soda drinks.
Do's With Usage of VERTIKAN 16 MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Vertigo
Tips to keep in mind while suffering from vertigo are:
- Just remember to grab the nearest support available as soon as one feels the vertigo symptoms.
- Rest in a comfortable and stable position, and try to keep oneself still.
- If one’s need to move, then just do it carefully and slowly.
- Keep one’s eyes closed or keep them hooked on an object in front.
- Consider having a sound sleep for at least 7-8 hours a day.
- Keep well hydrated.
- Recognize your triggers: Triggers are not same for everyone so try to learn about them and then try to avoid them.
- Perform yoga exercise under an expert guidance: It helps to reduce the pressure on nerves of the neck and ears, which helps to ease vertigo symptoms.
Dont's With Usage Of VERTIKAN 16 MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Vertigo
Few Points to keep in mind, which one should avoid doing to prevent vertigo are:
- Do not be anxious don’t panic. As anxiety can worsen the condition.
- Do not move rapidly or very quickly.
- Do not raise your head with a jerk all of a sudden.
- Do not exert when symptoms of vertigo occur.
- Do not hesitate to ask for assistance in case there is a need to walk.
- Do not smoke: Nicotine is not good for one’s health and can trigger vertigo symptoms. Nicotine decreases the supply of blood in the inner ear as it constricts one’s blood vessels. It may also increase the blood pressure for a short span of time, which can trigger the vertigo symptoms.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfVERTIKAN 16 MG TABLET
What Are The Tips For Vertigo
- Maintain right posture when suffering from vertigo and dizziness.
- Do not exert yourself.
- Stay away from anxiety and stress.