VONAZ 200MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of VONAZ 200MG TABLET
It is used to treat Fungal infections mainly in patients with weak immune system (immunocompromised).
Apart from this it is used in patients suffering from invasive Candidiasis (infection cause by yeast) and invasive aspergillosis (infection cause by Aspergillus).
Yeast and Aspergillus are types of fungus which upon entering blood steams can lead to Fungal infections.
Voriconazole works by clearing the Fungal infection from blood stream.
Side Effects Of VONAZ 200MG TABLET
Some of the common side-effects include:
- Vomiting, nausea, headache
- Peripheral edema,
- Abdominal pain
- Trembling, Dizziness
- Dry mouth
Less common side effects are:
- Visual disturbances such as colour vision change, blurred vision or increased sensitivity to light, enhanced visual perception
- Redness or other discoloration of the skin, blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin.
Contraindications Of VONAZ 200MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Voriconazole
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding
- Hepatic impairment
- Bone Inflammation with Pain
- Hereditary problems of galactose intolerance
- Pro arrhythmic conditions such as cardiomyopathy, bradycardia
Candidiasis is an infection produced by overgrowth of a type of yeast called Candida. Usually, several types of bacteria and fungi live and grow on the human skin, mouth, and belly, and are not harmful. However, these fungi are potentially hazardous, which grow and start multiplying uncontrollably and cause infections on skin and membranes. It usually results in red, itchy rashes commonly in the folds of the skin including armpits, groin, under the breasts and between the fingers. Based on the location of infection, candidiasis is classified as:
- Thrush: The infection due to candida yeast in the mouth and throat is called thrush or oropharyngeal candidiasis. People with a weak immune system, newborns and Geriatrics are prone to this. Also, adults who are under chemotherapy, wear dentures or have diabetes are more susceptible to the infection.
- Genital Candidiasis: This is very common in women and occurs when the pH balance changes in the vagina. This change in pH balance can be accounted to pregnancy, diabetes, use of lubricants or some medicines. Rarely, in men, the infection occurs and forms itchy rashes on the penis.
- Invasive Candidiasis: Candida yeast might invade the heart, blood, eyes, bones, and brain by entering the bloodstream through infected medical equipment.
A fungus is a group of organisms that make spores. Fungi live mostly everywhere and usually don’t cause infections or skin growths. But, you may occasionally get fungal growths on your skin, like ringworm, jock itch, or vaginal yeast infection, athlete's foot.
Symptoms Treated With VONAZ 200MG TABLET
What Are The Symptoms Of Candidiasis
The most common symptoms of candidiasis might include:
- Redness of skin.
- Intense itching.
- Blisters and pustules.
- Sores due to infection.
- These symptoms might resemble those of ringworm, hives, eczema, psoriasis, herpes or dermatitis and thus proper identification and treatment are essential.
- Darkening of skin, redness
- Rashes or small bump
Causes of diseases where VONAZ 200MG TABLET is used
What Are The Causes Of Candidiasis
The infection due to candida yeast occurs on an uncontrollable growth of the yeast. Some of the most cited causes of candidiasis include:
- Poor hygiene.
- Warm weather.
- Tight clothing.
- Infrequent undergarment changes.
- Excess use of wide-spectrum antibiotics.
- Weakening of the immune system due to the use of corticosteroids.
- Improper drying of wet skin.
- Weakened immune system
- Certain medications like antibiotics
- Keeping skin wet for long
- Swimming in infected water
- Using contaminated items like towel, clothes
Best Foods With VONAZ 200MG TABLET
What Are The Best Foods For Candidiasis
To combat candida yeast, it is important to starve the yeast, overpower it and build up good bacteria. Popularly known as the ‘Candida Diet’, the following are the best foods recommended in the management of candidiasis:
- Low sugar fruits: These include avocado, lemon, olives, and lime which are very nutritious, yet have the low level of natural sugars, thus inhibiting the growth of the yeast.
- Non-glutinous grains: Buckwheat, quinoa, and millet are rich sources of fiber. These help in enhancing the process of digestion and help in removing the candida toxins out of the body. These are excellent substitutes for sugar containing grains like wheat, rice, or rye.
- Probiotics: Probiotics including yogurt and kefir are best in the management of candidiasis as they increase the useful microbial amount to fight the infection.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is a powerful antifungal agent and stimulates the body’s immune system to act on candida infection.
- Onions: As a potent antifungal and anti-bacterial agent, onions are also useful in flushing out excess body fluids from the body.
- Seaweed: Being a rich source of iodine, it is effective in treating the hypothyroidism state of the candida patients.
- Pumpkin seeds: These are effective antifungal, antiviral and antiparasitic agents and help in maintaining proper hormonal levels in the body.
- Coconut: Either in the form of oil, shredded coconut or coconut milk, coconut helps in the effective treatment of the infection as a potent candida killer.
- Clove: It contains a compound called eugenol, which is a potent anti-fungal agent topically and internally.
- Garlic: It is an effective anti-fungal agent and also increases the useful bacteria in the gut. It also stimulates the detoxification process in the body.
- Ginger and Turmeric: These are known to be possessing antibacterial and anti-fungal properties and thus help in reducing the infection.
- Artificial sweeteners: Xylitol, erythritol or stevia have very less effect on blood sugar levels and are the great options over sugar.
The better immune system leads to better fighting off diseases. Some foods, like following, can help you fight fungal infections naturally:
- Coconut. It is one of the best anti-microbial foods. It’s high in one of the best anti-microbial foods. Lauric acid and caprylic acid present in coconut have been shown to fight the abnormal level of candida yeast in the body. You can also apply the oil on your skin to protect your skin from unhealthy bacteria present in the environment.
- Garlic: Fresh garlic cloves are the best source of vitamin B6, potassium which helps in detoxifying the body and improving the immune system. Eat one clove of raw garlic every day to build good bacteria in the body.
- Oregano: Oregano oil and oregano leaves (one tablespoon) contain anti-oxidants, chlorophyll which helps fight bacteria in the body and strengthen the immune system.
- Pumpkin seeds: Help in fighting parasites.
- Onions: Onions are rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6, antioxidants, and potassium. These are recommended for eating whether you have mild or serious fungal infection.
Worst Foods With VONAZ 200MG TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Candidiasis
These are some of the foods that are to be avoided to combat candidiasis:
- Sugar: The candida yeast feeds on sugar and multiplies in the body. Thus, it is important to cut-off all the obvious and hidden sources of high sugar content.
- Wine and Beer: Along with being fermented products, these contain sugar and gluten which might worsen the infection. These also suppress the immune system to cause further infection.
- Dried fruits: With the loss of the water, the sugar content is more concentrated in dried fruits and is better to avoid them.
- Legumes: These are starchy foods upon which the yeast feed and the compound called agglutinin in legumes worsens inflammation.
- Mushrooms: These are fungi and can have an adverse reaction with candida yeast to result in an inflammation. These might also interfere in the pursuit of treatment of candidiasis.
- Glutinous grains: Barley, rye, and wheat contain high amounts of gluten which is a triggering factor for infection.
- Poor eating habits lead to the poor immune system, which in turn leads to the risk of catching the fungal infection. You should avoid:
- Eating stale food, bacteria laden water.
- Too much use of anti-biotics, as weakens the immune system.
- High amounts of processed foods (especially sugar).
- Foods with high glycemic acid (white bread, most white rice, high sugar breakfast cereals).
- Dairy products except for probiotic yoghurt.
- Nuts and seeds like Cashews and pistachios which have the high content of carbohydrates.
- Smoked meat.
Do's With Usage of VONAZ 200MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Candidiasis
Some of the important tips to combat candidiasis include:
- Change undergarments regularly.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes.
- Clean the affected areas with gentle soap or body-cleansers.
- Keep track of blood sugar levels as high levels of glucose in blood favors the growth of the yeast.
- Change diapers in babies regularly as it provides an ideal environment for the candida yeast to grow.
- Change the damp swimsuits or gym clothes quickly.
- Change your socks on regular basis.
- Take showers instead of baths in the case of genital candidiasis to avoid further infection.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Fungal infection
- Keep your skin dry as wet skin often can cause fungal infection. People who sweat more are more likely to get the fungal infection. So, wipe your body dry frequently if you perspire heavily.
- Wash all towels/ clothes in warm soapy water
- Keep you bath tub dry and disinfected. Clean it especially after every bath.
- Take vitamins and probiotics to improve your immune system.
Dont's With Usage Of VONAZ 200MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Candidiasis
Here are some of the points to be avoided for the effective management of candidiasis:
- Avoid intimate contact with the infected person as the disease might be contagious for people possessing weak immune system.
- Avoid wearing tight undergarments.
- Avoid sex until the symptoms of infection are gone as there are chances of transmission of infection.
- Avoid scented soaps or cleansers to clean the affected areas, especially the genitals.
- Avoid douching unless prescribed by the physician.
- Avoid dyed toilet papers as it might trigger the infection.
- Avoid excess use of oral contraceptives as these have a risk of causing pH imbalance in the body.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Fungal infection
Since fungal infections are contagious, you should take special care of the following:
- Avoid scratching the infected area
- Do not share infected person’s clothes, towel or comb.
- Sometimes, water in swimming pools also may also cause fungal infection. Check if you experience continuous itching or rashes after swimming.
- Avoid works which require long term exposure to water like washing clothes, cleaning utensils etc., if you have the fungal infection in your hands.
- Avoid taking too much of anti-biotics, immune suppressants and steroids, as they cause increased risk of getting fungal infections.
- If you have the fungal infection in your feet, do not wear close shoes. Use flip flops instead.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfVONAZ 200MG TABLET
- Maintaining proper hygiene with regular shower is important to keep away the infection.
- Clean and comfortable clothes are important in the management of candidiasis, preferably of cotton or other breathable materials.
- Drinking cold water helps in having a cooler environment in the body.