VOZUCA M 0.3MG ACTIV TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of VOZUCA M 0.3MG ACTIV TABLET
Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Voglibise is used for lowering after meal blood glucose levels in people having diabetes. It delays the absorption of glucose, which in turn helps in reducing the risk of macrovascular complications (retinopathy, nephropathy and neuropathy).
Postprandial hyper-glycaemia happens because of first phase insulin secretion. Glucose absorption is delayed at intestinal level by Alpha glucosidase inhibitors, by reversibly inhibiting carbohydrates digestive enzymes like sucrose, maltose, zomaltase etc. It prevents sudden increase of glucose, after a meal.
Side Effects Of VOZUCA M 0.3MG ACTIV TABLET
Side Effects Of Salt: Voglibose
Some of the common side-effects are:
- Increased LFT
- Abdominal distension
- Skin reactions
Hepatotoxicity can be a potentially fatal side effect.
Contraindications Of VOZUCA M 0.3MG ACTIV TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Voglibose
Before staring voglibose, pl. inform you doctor I you have any of the following conditions:
- Diabetic ketoacidosis (a life-threatening problem which affects people with diabetes. It occurs when the body is not able to use glucose as a fuel source because there is no insulin or very less insulin. Instead of glucose, fat is used for fuel.).
- Hypersensitivity to voglibose.
- Colonic ulcerations, partial intestinal obstructions, inflammatory bowel disease, and patients being predisposed to intestinal obstruction.
- Gastro-Intestinal Disorders
- Renal function impairment.
Diabetes mellitus (type 2) is characterized by high blood sugar, relative lack of insulin and insulin resistance. It is a long term metabolic disorder.
Long term complications of diabetes are diabetic retinopathy, resulting in blindness, heart disease, strokes, kidney failure, poor flow of blood in limbs requiring amputation.
Symptoms Treated With VOZUCA M 0.3MG ACTIV TABLET
Common symptoms include increased thirst, frequent urination, and unexplained weight loss. Some patients may also feel increased hunger, feeling of tiredness, and sores that do not heal.
Causes of diseases where VOZUCA M 0.3MG ACTIV TABLET is used
Type 2 diabetes mainly occurs because of obesity and lack of exercise. Some people are at more risk genetically than others. Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by regular exercise, maintaining normal weight and proper diet.
Worst Foods With VOZUCA M 0.3MG ACTIV TABLET
- White bread, pastries, cakes, cookies
- Fruits like mango, bananas, melon, peaches, nectarines
- Canned juices, fruits
- White rice
- Blended coffee, ice creams, sweets
- Chinese food
- Fruit juices
- French fries
- Fatty meats
Do's With Usage of VOZUCA M 0.3MG ACTIV TABLET
- Control your weight
- Exercise regularly
- Skip sugary drinks, processed hard to digest foods
- Limit red meat
- Choose good fat, remove bad fat from your diet
Dont's With Usage Of VOZUCA M 0.3MG ACTIV TABLET
- Don’t have sedentary life style
- Quit smoking and alcohol