XL 80 4 MG10 MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Chlorpheniramine (4mg) 2) Codeine
Uses Of XL 80 4 MG10 MG TABLET
Chlorpheniramine, a first generation alkyl amine, and anti histamine are used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Allergy / hay fever / common cold
- Watery eyes
- A cough, running nose, sneezing
- Itchy nose / eyes / throat / skin
Codeine, an opiate, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
Side Effects Of XL 80 4 MG10 MG TABLET
The most common side effects of Chlorpheniramine are:
- Stomach upset
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
Some severe (but rare) side effects are:
- Trouble in urination
- Ringing in ears
- Trouble breathing
- Fast/irregular heart beat
- Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Side Effects Of Salt: Codeine
The common side effects of Codeine are:
- Light headedness
Sometimes severe ( but rare) side effects are:
- Allergic reactions of skin
- Breathing difficulties
- Dry mouth
- Urinary retention
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of XL 80 4 MG10 MG TABLET
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug Chlorpheniramine or any other allergies.
- Breathing problems like asthma
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Heart problems
- Stomach problems like ulcers, enlarged prostate
- Urinary retention
- Breast feeding
Contraindications Of Salt: Codeine
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug codeine or any other allergies.
- Thyroid problems.
- Adrenal gland dysfunction.
- Drug abuse.
- Alcohol intoxication.
- Low blood pressure.
- Decreased lung function.
- Intestinal blocks.
- Liver diseases.
- Gall bladder problems.
An allergy is an autoimmune response called a hypersensitivity reaction. This means that the body's immune system is acting in a way that is detrimental or has consequences that that affects the body- The body's immune system "overreacts" to a particular trigger, and thus your immune system is called "hypersensitive."
The severity of this overreaction of the immune system differs from person to person. Some people may have a mild reaction (sometimes only referred to as a sensitivity and not an allergy), while others may have severe anaphylactic reactions that can be life-threatening.
Eczema, food allergies, allergic rhinitis, medication allergies and anaphylactic reactions can all be grouped under the term "allergy." No specific causes of allergies have been found although genetics play the biggest role in predisposing to allergies.
People who suffer from allergies have different triggers that cause an allergic reaction. The first time someone is exposed to a trigger, the body's immune system forms antibodies against the particular allergen. This is called sensitization.
When the immune system encounters the allergic trigger for the second time, the antibodies will react to the trigger and cause an allergic response. Sometimes the allergic response can worsen with every exposure, for example, seen in patients with bee-sting allergies. The first bee sting might not be severe, but the third or fourth reaction could be life-threatening. Most of the time, the allergic response stays the same in severity.
Often people who suffer from allergies had what we call an atopic triad in childhood- this triad of allergies include atopic dermatitis (eczema), food allergies and asthma.
Rhinitis is defined as an infectious disease in which the irritation and inflammation of the mucous membrane occur inside the nose. This inflammation is caused by a bacterial or viral infection or by the attack of allergens or irritants.
Rhinitis is of three different types namely:
- Infectious rhinitis: Occurring due to bacterial or viral infection
- Non-allergic rhinitis: Drug-induced or due to environmental factors
- Allergic rhinitis: Caused by irritants or allergens
Allergic rhinitis is the most common among these 3 types. It is triggered by airborne allergens.
It is also known as Hives. This causes red, itchy, raised welts and bumps on the skin that appears in various shapes and sizes. This is a very common disease in which rashes appear all over the body. These Urticaria flare up suddenly and this disease is increased by extreme heat and cold. Antihistamines are the best treatment for this disease.
A cough is referred to as tussis as well. It is a spontaneous reflex, which many animals and human have. The purpose of a cough is to clean the breathing passage and throat of the mucus, fluids, irritants, microbes, and foreign particles. In a cough, lungs expel the air rapidly.
A cough can be a deliberate or an involuntary action. A cough often gets cleared without any medicines, but sometimes people take cough syrups to soothe the irritation caused by a cough. But some of the coughs can be a symptom of serious illness.
Cough reflexes can be classified into three phases:
- An inhalation that means breathing in.
- Pressure is increased in the lungs and the throat with the closed vocal cords.
- On the opening of the vocal cords, the person may experience a sudden expulsion of air that creates the characteristic cough sound.
- When someone coughs abnormally, then it may be a symptom of a certain disease. Some of the coughs can be caused due to contagious diseases such as common cold. Some of the causes can be non- infectious as well.
- Diarrhoea is an increased frequency of bowel movements (stools) and also increased looseness of the motion. Diarrhoea can be due to higher fluid secretion into the intestine, minimal fluid absorption by the intestines or swift passage of stool from the intestine.
- Acute Diarrhoea stays for 4 to 5 days but the chronic Diarrhoea can last up to 4 weeks. Recurrent and severe Diarrhoea can be a sign of an intestinal disease.
Pain is an unpleasant sensation caused by an injury or illness disrupting the quality of life. It can be physical, mental or emotional. Pain can be in any specific part of the body or can be in the whole body in case of illness.
In medical terms, pain is described as a symptom of an underlying condition. This pain can be due to variety of diseases or conditions ranging from acute to chronic. The pain is a warning sign to protect the body from any bigger damage.
Pain is classified into 3 categories;
- Acute pain: This lasts for a period of time less than 30 days. Usually, it improves as the healing process is completed.
- Chronic pain: It lasts for more than 6 months or beyond the expected time of healing.
- Cancer pain: It may occur by the tumors in the body or treatment procedures. This pain may persist long after the treatment has ended such as after chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
In this article, we shall be talking about acute pain mainly.
Symptoms Treated With XL 80 4 MG10 MG TABLET
What Are The Symptoms Of Allergy
The symptoms of allergies are because of a release of a substance called histamines from the immune system.
The symptoms of allergies depend on the type of allergy:
Acute anaphylaxis may be potentially life-threatening. This may present with a red skin rash, swelling of the airways, shortness of breath, low blood pressure, cardiovascular collapse and will lead to death if not treated.
A red itchy skin rash (wheal and flare reaction) is common in food allergies, chemical allergies (e.g. latex allergy), medication allergies and allergic reactions to insect bites.
Food allergies may present with a skin rash, itchy or swollen airways or gastrointestinal upsets.
Allergic rhinitis presents with a runny nose, teary eyes, sneezing and nasal congestion. Allergic rhinitis is one of the medical conditions that have the worst impact on quality of life.
Eczema usually presents in childhood with a dry, itchy rash, usually affecting the skin over joint surfaces.
What Are The Symptoms Of Rhinitis
Common symptoms of rhinitis are:
- Sneezing, running nose
- Stuffy nose, nasal itching
- Watery eyes
- A cough, wheeze
- Swollen eyelids, headaches
What Are The Symptoms Of Urticaria
| The disease Urticaria has many certain symptoms which can be seen and observed very easily. In this disease, symptoms keep on appearing and disappearing but chronic Urticaria can have symptoms for months. Here are the most common ones: - |
- Raised itchy bumps.
- Either red or skin coloured rashes.
- Dizziness & Wheezing.
- Swelling of the face and lips.
- Urticaria on reproductive organs.
What Are The Symptoms Of Cough
Some of the symptoms that are accompanied with the cough are as follows:
- A cough is accompanied with a stuffy and a runny nose.
- One may frequently keep clearing the throat.
- Hoarseness in voice.
- Wheezing and difficulty in breathing.
- One may feel swallowing difficult or may suffer from the cough while swallowing.
- In some cases, blood is witnessed while coughing.
- Soreness in the throat is felt.
- Sometimes body temperature may also increase.
- Night sweats.
What Are The Symptoms Of Diarrhoea
- Loose, watery stools.
- Cramps in abdomen leading to abdominal pains.
- Frequent bowel movements.
- Urgent need to pass bowls
- Blood in stool (sometimes)
What Are The Symptoms Of Pain
There are no as such symptoms of pain as pain itself is a symptom of an underlying condition.
Symptoms of chronic pain are:
- Pain that does not go away after recovery from disease or injury.
- Pain causing stiffness or discomfort.
Causes of diseases where XL 80 4 MG10 MG TABLET is used
What Are The Causes Of Allergy
Genetics is the biggest link to allergies.
There has recently been much discussion about the increasing prevalence of allergies seen in the developed world. This increase is thought to be attributed to a decreased exposure to allergens and toxins in childhood, because of "over-hygienic" parenting. This is referred to in the media is the "hygiene hypothesis."
Children who are exposed to more bacteria and allergens in childhood have shown to have lower incidences of allergies.
Triggers for allergies are numerous. The common triggers are:
- House dust mites and dust
- Pollen and grass
- Animal dander
- Nuts- especially peanuts
- Milk and soy
- Shellfish and iodine-containing foods
- Medications such as penicillin, sulphonamide
- Chemicals such as latex
- Insect toxins such as bee-stings
What Are The Causes Of Rhinitis
Rhinitis is caused by viral or bacterial infection or by airborne allergens. Causes of rhinitis are mentioned below according to their types:
- Infectious rhinitis: This type of rhinitis is commonly caused by viral or bacterial infection. Common cold also causes infectious rhinitis.
- Non-allergic rhinitis: This type of rhinitis is not caused by infection or allergy but it can be due to certain medications, hormonal changes, occupation or environmental changes.
- Allergic rhinitis: This type of rhinitis is caused by exposure to airborne allergens such as pollens, mold, dust, animal dander etc.
What Are The Causes Of Urticaria
Urticaria occurs when the body reacts to an allergen and this releases some chemicals from under the skin. The chemical causes inflammation and burning sensation.
Common causes of this disease are: -
- Intestinal Parasites
- Extreme temperature and cold
- Transmission from pets
- Water on the skin
- Blood Transfusion
- Insect bites and stings
- Factors like exercise and sun exposure
- Certain medications
What Are The Causes Of Cough
- Asthma: People with asthma attack can frequently lead to cough-related problems. Some are inflicted with such complications due to various respiratory infections.
- Upper Airway Cough Syndrome (UACS): After one’s nose generates excessive mucus, it goes down to the throat, causing cough.
- Bronchitis: Bronchitis is an issue that causes inflammation in the bronchial tubes. This issue further triggers a cough due to the production of coloured sputum.
- Pollution, smoking
- Flu, certain allergies
What Are The Causes Of Diarrhoea
- The main cause is the virus that infects gut. However various other causes are an allergy to a food, alcohol, diabetes, diabetes to the intestines, medications, Laxatives, radiation therapy, running, surgery, cancers, troublesome nutrition absorption.
What Are The Causes Of Pain
Pain can be caused due to several known or unknown conditions. These include:
- Illness, injury, surgery
- Trauma, stress
- Wrong sitting or sleeping postures
- Chronic diseases
Worst Foods With XL 80 4 MG10 MG TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Allergy
- If you are allergic to any food substance, avoidance of that particular food is prudent.
- Spicy foods induce a histaminic response. It may worsen your allergy in some cases. Use with discretion.
- Raw fruits and vegetables may sometimes aggravate allergies because of pesticides and pollen. Cooking your vegetables can lower the allergic response related to this.
What Are The Worst Foods For Rhinitis
- Gluten: Foods such as wheat, oats, and barley contains gluten which should be avoided. Gluten increases the mucus production leading to nasal blockage.
- Fried and processed foods: Fried and processed foods are rich in omega 6 fatty acids which increase inflammation. Whole grains, vegetable oils, nuts should be avoided to minimise the risk.
- Cold drinks and cold food: This type of food increases the spasm leading to a cough. These worsen the symptoms of rhinitis, hence should be avoided.
- Nuts, seeds and herbs: These contain ragweed, a type of pollen which triggers the rhinitis.
- Food preservatives: Preservatives are also responsible for exacerbating the allergic rhinitis. Artificial colours and flavours present in foods trigger the symptoms of rhinitis.
- Sugar: Eliminate sugar. It increases mucus production and worsens the symptoms.
- Dairy products: Dairy products contain lactose which tends to increase inflammation and mucus formation. Such products should be avoided to manage rhinitis.
- Alcohol: Alcohol consumption should be limited as it causes dehydration and increases congestion by stimulating the production of mucus.
What Are The Worst Foods For Urticaria
Some of the foods act as an enhancer of the disease. Observe if any of the following foods flare up the symptoms. If yes, avoid them completely. Some of them are: -
- Dried Food: The dried food contains chemicals that can react so individual should eliminate this type of food completely from his/her diet. The dried food includes raisins, apricots, and dried apples.
- Citrus foods: Avoid all the sour products as it surely will make you suffer more. Citrus food stimulates the histamine quantity in the body. This food includes oranges, lemon, pickles, and tomatoes as well.
- Dairy Products: When any individual is suffering from skin rashes then, he/she should completely avoid all the dairy products. This includes milk, cheese, cream, and butter.
- Seafood and Eggs: These both are high in histamines and this will surely enhance your skin itching issue. Thus, try to avoid them for some days.
What Are The Worst Foods For Cough
Some of the foods that one must avoid while suffering from a cough are as follows:
- Milk and Dairy products: Sticky thick mucus may flow down to the throats back from cold or an allergy is called phlegm. If phlegm is the cause of a cough, then one must avoid foods that may cause the formation of mucus. Milk and other dairy products increase the mucus formation particularly when the infection already persists. Therefore, one must stay away from dairy products when suffering from a cough. Some of the dairy products that one should avoid are milk and milkshakes, sour cream, whipped cream, yoghurt, ice creams, etc.
- Caffeine: Coffee is a common diuretic that leads to excessive urination and later complications of dehydration. This further leads to a dry cough. So, avoid consumption of caffeinated drinks.
- Citrus Fruits: Avoid consuming citrus fruits such as watermelon, bananas, peaches, and mangoes. Such food items contain citric acid that irritates the throat leading to a cough.
- Fried foods: One must not consume fried foods such as French fries, chips, etc. as these secrete an irritant known as acrolein that is known to increase cough reflex.
- Processed chips: Processed foods such as fried noodles, cheese, cereals, etc. can suppress the immunity of a person So, there are more chances of infections if one consumes too much of such food items.
- Allergen foods: Some people who have complications like asthma can further be affected with allergic disorders such as a cough on consumption of irritant foods like yeast, nuts, fish, milk, etc.
What Are The Worst Foods For Diarrhoea
Don’t consume the following if suffering from Diarrhoea:
- Fatty foods as they make Diarrhoea worse
- Dairy products except for yogurt, as Diarrhoea leads to lactose intolerance
- Alcohol and caffeinated drinks act as dehydrating agents
- Artificial sweeteners have a laxative effect on the digestive system.
- Foods leading to the excess of intestinal gas as beans, cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli.
- Tainted foods prone to mishandling like fish or meat.
What Are The Worst Foods For Pain
- Sugar: Avoid sugar and foods containing sugars such as chocolates, beverages, cakes, biscuits, cookies, candies, soft drinks etc. These increase the inflammation causing pain.
- Processed and refined foods: These foods contain lots of spices and calories. These tend to increase the weight and provide fewer nutrients. They also trigger inflammation and lead to pain.
- Saturated fats: Foods which contains saturated fats should be avoided as these contain a high amount of cholesterol which triggers the pain.
Do's With Usage of XL 80 4 MG10 MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Allergy
- Screen yourself for your particular allergen triggers through skin prick or blood tests.
- Trigger avoidance is the biggest component of allergy treatment.
- If you suffer from severe allergic reactions, always carry your adrenaline pen with you.
- It would be wise to keep your chronic medications on you, in the case of an acute allergic episode.
- Wear a medical alert bracelet if you have any life-threatening allergies.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Rhinitis
- Stay away from the cause if it is known.
- Keep your mouth and nose covered while going out.’
- Keep yourself and your living area clean to reduce the attacks of allergens.
- Regularly clean your nasal passage with a saltwater solution. This will help you keep your nose free of irritants and minimise the symptoms.
- Inhale steam to clear the excess mucus and irritants.
- Drink plenty of water to remove the toxins from the body.
- Keep your pets neat and clean to avoid exposure to animal dander.
- Limit outdoor activities during dusk and dawn.
- Take your medications regularly as prescribed to manage the symptoms.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Urticaria
Here are the some of the most recommended tips that one should follow if he/she is suffering from the disease urticaria.
- Visit a doctor as soon as you observe symptoms.
- Identify and avoid all the triggering factors.
- Apply moisturiser and smoothening agents like petroleum jelly.
- Use mild soap for bathing.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Cough
- Use warm water to gargle. Hot-water gargling helps in reducing inflammation. One can also add a little salt to the water for extra effect.
- Increase the consumption of fluid-based foods so that the mucus is thinned and removed through a cough as much as possible.
- Stay away from people with flu or cold.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Diarrhoea
To prevent diarrhoea, follow:
- Keep the food preparation area neat and tidy.
- Thaw frozen food in the refrigerator.
- Consume clean water.
- Wash the fruits and vegetables thoroughly.
- Cook meat thoroughly.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Pain
- Relax your mind and body.
- Take a deep breath. Hold your breath for 2-3 minutes and then release.
- Focus your attention on another part of the body which is not paining.
- Think positively by focusing your attention towards pleasant places or things.
- If the pain persists for longer than consult with the doctor.
- Try to sleep for a while.
Dont's With Usage Of XL 80 4 MG10 MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Allergy
- Don't leave allergies untreated as they have a significant impact on quality of life.
- Don't smoke. Smoking increases inflammation in the body and can worsen allergic reactions; this is especially true if you suffer from airway allergies such as allergic rhinitis or asthma.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Rhinitis
- Don’t over medicate to get fast relief as it may cause serious side effects.
- Don’t dry your clothes outside as it may attract pollens.
- Don’t touch your pet as this will increase the risk for allergy.
- Don’t ignore the symptoms and rush to the doctor if symptoms get worse.
- Avoid tobacco and smoking.
- Avoid alcohol consumption as it causes nasal blockage.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Urticaria
Experts have given some tips regarding the management of the healthy skin and thus they recommend avoiding some things. So, here are some best tips: -
- Don’t use any cream or lotion without prescription.
- Don’t wear tight clothes.
- Don’t use and rely on hotel linens and soaps.
- Don’t experiment new products.
- Don’t eat spicy cuisines.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Cough
Some of the things that should be avoided while suffering from a cough are as follows:
- Do not expose oneself to the smoky and dusty area if suffering from a cough, as such conditions can worsen a cough.
- Do not work in industries that produce toxic fumes.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Diarrhoea
To prevent diarrhoea, follow:
- Don’t consume stale food.
- Avoid uncooked foods when out.
- Don’t eat uncooked eggs.
- Avoid unpasteurized dairy products.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Pain
- Don’t take any type of painkiller on your own. It may provide temporary relief but may not cure the disease.
- Don’t neglect the chronic pain. It can be the symptom of chronic disease also.
- Don’t take the stress. It can increase the pain.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfXL 80 4 MG10 MG TABLET
What Are The Tips For Allergy
Probiotics are useful in food sensitivities to restore intestinal flora balance. An elimination diet may lower inflammation in the body and help reduce allergies.
What Are The Tips For Rhinitis
Rhinitis can be managed by making some changes in your eating habits and lifestyle. Some home remedies are also beneficial in managing rhinitis and its symptoms. These are:
Ginger: This is a natural antihistamine, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiviral in nature. This helps in boosting the immune system and fighting signs of rhinitis. It can be chewed directly or can be taken with honey or boiled in the tea.
Saline water: Saline water helps to clear the nasal passage. Saline water can be prepared by mixing salt and baking soda in warm water.
Steam: Inhaling steam also reduces the symptoms of rhinitis. The essential oil should be mixed with boiling water and then inhaled to cure the symptoms.
Garlic: Garlic has the anti-inflammatory action which helps in reducing the inflammation during rhinitis. Eating 2-3 raw garlic cloves can protect from risk of rhinitis.
Apple cider vinegar: This is a natural remedy to boost the immune system and to reduce the worsening symptoms of rhinitis. It has antibacterial properties. It can be consumed with warm water or along with honey or lemon.
Turmeric: One of the oldest home remedies which have been used for centuries is the use of turmeric. It helps in reducing the inflammation and the risk of rhinitis through its anti-inflammatory action. It is powerful antioxidant also. It can be consumed with milk or honey.
What Are The Tips For Urticaria
- Here are some other tips which can also be beneficial for the patient: -
- Manage the emotions if you are suffering from stress urticaria.
- Take medicines on time and have a regular check-up.
What Are The Tips For Cough
- Always cover your mouth and nose whenever you trigger sneeze or a cough.
- Always stay hydrated and consume plenty of fluids.
- Make sure to keep your environment clean, especially items of daily use such as cell phones, toys, countertops.
What Are The Tips For Diarrhoea
Following precautions can be taken to prevent Diarrhoea:
- Wash your hands before eating and after using the bathroom.
- Wash your hands after touching your pet or their waste.
- Use soap for about 20 seconds while washing hands, in the case of absence of soap use sanitizer.
- Keep children away from putting contaminated objects into their mouths.
What Are The Tips For Pain
Pain can be managed by medications and modification in living standards. Changes in lifestyle prevent us from getting a disease in the future as well. Below are some tips to manage pain:
- Manage weight as unhealthy weight increases the risk of getting various types of body pains.
- Exercise regularly to stay fit.
- Eat healthy diet
- Take adequate sleep and stress
- Forget stress
- Meditate and relax your body whenever you feel pain.
Ayurvedic tips to manage pain:
- Turmeric: Turmeric is found to reduce pain since ages. Add a small amount of turmeric to your diet daily. It will help to reduce the inflammation causing pain.
- Ginger: Ginger is also a good anti-inflammatory agent. This is one of the best herbs which can be added to your daily meals to reduce pain.
- Aromatherapy: It helps to relieve the stress causing pain. Essential oils used in aromatherapy act as painkillers.
- Massage therapy: Massage helps to relax the body. It helps to increase the circulation and removes body stiffness.