XTIN DH 30 TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 2) Iodine 3) Folic acid 4) Biotin
Uses Of XTIN DH 30 TABLET
It is an omega 3 fatty acid that occurs naturally in maternal milk, fish oil or algae oil.
It is found beneficial in following conditions:
- Coronary artery disease
- Eye disease
- Vision problems
- High cholesterol
- Age-related macular degeneration
Uses Of Salt: Iodine
Iodine is naturally available in sea water and earth crust. It is an essential mineral for the human body because it helps the body in producing hormones in the thyroid. Iodine helps in:
- Regulating metabolic rate, thus maintaining proper functioning of thyroid glands
- Absorption of food, transformation of food into good energy and maintaining sleep cycle
- Maintaining healthy nails, teeth, hair
- Preventing neuro cognitive conditions in new born babies or still birth
- Strengthening Immune System
- Fighting Depression
- Preventing Hypothyroidism
- Treating turgidity, fibrosis, and breast tenderness like conditions
- Preventing Cancer
- Removing toxic chemicals
Folic acid is used for preventing & treating folate deficiency, and its complications, like Anaemia, inability of the bowel to absorb nutrients properly. Folic acid is also used for folate deficiency conditions including liver disease, Ulcerative colitis, alcoholism, and kidney dialysis.
Pregnant women are advised to take folic acid to prevent miscarriage and neural tube defects.
Uses Of Salt: Biotin
Biotin is used to prevent and treat biotin deficiency associated with malnutrition, pregnancy, long-term tube feeding, and rapid weight loss. It’s also used for hair loss, Skin rash in infants, brittle nails, diabetes, and mild Depression.
Side Effects Of XTIN DH 30 TABLET
Generally, no side effects are observed if taken in appropriate quantity as suggested by the doctor.
Some of the side effects may be:
- Fishy taste
- Loose stools
Side Effects Of Salt: Iodine
Some of the common side effects of a regular overdose of iodine are:
- Kidney disorders
- Thyroid papillary cancer
Side Effects Of Salt: Folic acid
Some of the side effects (though rare) of Folic Acid are:
- Bitter taste in the mouth
- Sleeping disturbances
- Allergic rejection
Please consult your doctor if you get any of the above side effects, especially if they do not go away within 3-4 days of starting the use.
Side Effects Of Salt: Biotin
Biotin is usually safe unless taken in excess.
Contraindications Of XTIN DH 30 TABLET
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity to fish oil
Contraindications Of Salt: Iodine
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Any kidney problem
Contraindications Of Salt: Folic acid
- Antibiotics. Iron decreases the effectiveness of certain types of antibiotics. Hence, there should be a gap of 1-2 hours between iron and antibiotics dose.
- Bisphosphonates, Levodopa, Levothyroxine, Methyldopa and Mycophenolate Mofetil, Iron might decreases the absorption of these medicines. Hence, if you are taking any medicines containing any of these salts, you should keep a gap of 1-2 hours between any iron supplement and these medicines.
Contraindications Of Salt: Biotin
Please consult your doctor before consuming in the following conditions:
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding or planning of childbirth
- Kidney dialysis
- Bleeding problems
- Liver, kidney or stomach problems
The thyroid gland is positioned at the front lower part of the neck. The hormones released by the particular gland pass through the bloodstream and affect almost every part of our body from our muscles to skin, and heart to the brain.
Hypothyroidism is referred to as the underactive thyroid disease. It is considered as a common disorder. In hypothyroidism, the thyroid gland does not make sufficient thyroid hormone.
The thyroid gland controls the energy (gained from food) consumption strategy of the cells and this particular process is called metabolism. Metabolism affects our body temperature, heartbeat, and calorie burning strategy. If our body doesn’t produce enough thyroid hormone, then these above specified essential processes may slow down and as a result, our body will make insufficient energy and the metabolism will become sluggish.
Immunity building refers to any measures taken to assist and strengthen the body’s immune system to function optimally and to help ward off disease. Proper functioning is necessary for us to maintain ideal health.
The state in which the immune system is functioning sub-optimally is called immunodeficiency. Immunodeficiency states can have serious consequences e.g. predisposing to life-threatening infective diseases or cancer. Overfunctioning of the immune system is also common. Conditions in which the immune system over functions are hypersensitivity reactions or allergies, as well as autoimmune diseases (when the immune system recognises the body's cells as "foreign" and starts to attack them).
The immune system is intricately and very detailed in its design. The system is divided into innate and adaptive immunity. Innate immunity is the body’s first defence against external factors. These include physical defence mechanisms such as skin, mucosa and cell walls, as well as scavenger immune molecules that catch foreign particles in the blood and lymphatic streams.
It is an immediate defence mechanism and non-specific. It does not adapt over time. White blood cells called macrophages and phagocytes form part of the body’s innate system. Once the innate immune system recognises a threat to the body, these cells activate a system called the complement cascade which leads to further activation of more of the immune system's cells.
The adaptive immune system is more focused and contains antibodies that are formed after exposure to specific foreign substances called antigens. Antibodies are called immunoglobulins, and lymphocytes are the cells responsible for activation of the innate immune system.
Poor diet, fatigue, stress as well as certain substances or medications can all lead to over- or underperformance of the immune system. Organs that form part of the immune systems include your spleen, tonsils/ adenoids, lymphatic system and bone marrow.
- In Anaemia, lesser oxygen is carried around the body by red blood cells. Anemia can be of different types.
- Obesity is defined as the build-up of excessive or abnormal fat that may spoil health. BMI (body mass index) calculated by dividing the body’s mass by the square of body height, gives a rough idea of the tissue mass in an individual and helps in categorizing the individual as being underweight, normal weight or overweight.
- Obese people are prone to cardiovascular diseases, musculoskeletal abnormalities, and various kinds of cancer. Consuming healthy foods and regular physical activities can help prevent or reduce obesity.
- Skin care is mutliple activities carried on to ensure healthy looking skin devoid of any diseases and deformities.
Symptoms Treated With XTIN DH 30 TABLET
The signs and symptoms associated with hypothyroidism may vary from person to person based on the severity of thyroid hormones deficiency. But, an individual may develop the symptoms slowly even about in a number of years. Firstly, you can notice some common symptoms such as weight gain or fatigue and slowly, your metabolism will be continued to slow down. You will also develop more common symptoms. Some of the hypothyroidism signs and symptoms are as follows:
- Feeling tired: You can be associated with fatigue syndrome such as feeling tired, lethargy, inability to exercise, feeling cold, and weakness.
- Excessive sleeping: You can experience excess sleepiness, snoring and daytime sleepiness.
- Menstrual disorder:Women can experience abnormal menstruation, heavy menstruation, absence of menstruation, and irregular menstruation.
- Developmental issue: It is associated with slow growth or delayed puberty.
- Muscular cramps:You can experience flaccid or cramping muscles.
- Mood swings: You may experience sadness or mood swings.
- Hair problems: Your hair may become dry or you can face hair loss.
If hypothyroidism is left untreated, then the signs and symptoms associated with it can become more complicated and severe. Constant stimulation of the thyroid gland may result in an enlarged thyroid that is known as goitre, along with that the thought process may become slower.
Advanced hypothyroidism is referred to as myxedema. It is rare, but if it occurs, then it can be a life-threatening issue. Its signs and symptoms include decreased breathing, low blood pressure, decreased body temperature, and even coma.
Though hypothyroidism mostly affects the older-women and middle-aged group people, yet any age group including infants can develop Hypothyroidism. The signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism that are associated with infants are as follows:
- Yellowing of the skin and white parts of the eyes.
- A large and protruding tongue.
- Frequent choking.
- A puffy appearance of the face.
- Poor muscle tone.
- Excessive sleepiness.
- If the infants are not treated properly, then a severe mental and physical retardation can happen.
- Recurrent or frequent colds or respiratory tract infections
- Constant feeling of fatigue or lethargy
- Difficulty losing or gaining weight
- Frequent yeast infections such as gastrointestinal or genital candidiasis
What Are The Symptoms Of Anaemia
- Common symptoms of anemia are tiredness, dizziness, and breathlessness.
What Are The Symptoms Of Obesity
- Abnormal weight
- Pot belly
Causes of diseases where XTIN DH 30 TABLET is used
Whenever the thyroid gland doesn’t produce sufficient hormones, the balance of the overall chemical reactions can be disturbed. Hypothyroidism is associated with a number of causes such as autoimmune disease, radiation therapy, treatment for hyperthyroidism, thyroid surgery, and other medications. The major causes of Hypothyroidism are as follows:
- Autoimmune disease: People who are suffering from Hashimoto's thyroiditis (an inflammatory disorder) are mostly involved with Hypothyroidism. The autoimmune disorders can occur when our own immune system produces antibodies against our own tissues. Sometimes, this particular process attacks our thyroid gland. Although, scientists are not sure about the reason behind the autoimmune disease. Some think it as a triggering response of bacterium or virus while others think it is a genetic flaw. But, whatever it may be, these self-destructing antibodies affect the thyroid and prevent them in hormone production.
- Treatment for hyperthyroidism: People, who are suffering from hyperthyroidism, are often treated with anti-thyroid medications or radioactive iodine in order to reduce and normalise the thyroid function. But, in some cases, the treatments of hyperthyroidism may result in permanent Hypothyroidism.
- Thyroid surgery: If a patient is treated with removing of the whole or a large portion of the thyroid gland, then the hormone production can be diminished or stopped. In that case, that patient should take the external thyroid hormone for life.
- Radiation therapy: Radiation used in the treatment of cancers associated with neck and head can affect the thyroid gland and may result in hypothyroidism.
- Medications: A large number of medications can result in Hypothyroidism such as Lithium can develop hypothyroidism. So, before taking any medication, ask your doctor about its effect on your thyroid gland.
- Congenital disease: Some babies can be born with no thyroid gland or a defective thyroid gland. In this case, the thyroid gland can’t develop normally for some unknown reasons and in some cases, it can be associated with some genetic disorder. The babies born with congenital hypothyroidism can appear normal during their birth, so thyroid screening of the newborn is very important.
- Pituitary disorder: A rare cause of hypothyroidism may be the result of the failure of the pituitary gland in producing sufficient TSH (Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone). It can happen as a result of a benign tumour associated with the pituitary gland.
- Pregnancy: Some women can develop hypothyroidism during or after the pregnancy. If it is left untreated, then it can be an unwanted cause of miscarriage, preeclampsia (rise of blood pressure during the pregnancy’s last three months), or premature delivery. It can also affect the development process of the foetus.
- Iodine deficiency: The iodine mineral is crucial for thyroid hormone production. Iodine can be found in seafood, iodized salt, seaweed etc. So, iodine deficiency should be removed at any cost. But, keep in mind that too much iodine consumption can result in hyperthyroidism.
- Anyone can develop hypothyroidism, but a woman older than 60 years, a person associated with autoimmune disease or a past family history of hypothyroidism, treated with anti-thyroid medications or radioactive iodine can develop Hypothyroidism more than the others.
Causes of reduced immunity can either be intrinsic/ hereditary or acquired.
Intrinsic or primary immunodeficiencies are inborn genetic errors. There are more than hundred different types and forms of primary immunodeficiency syndromes described. These include immunodeficiency syndromes such as selective IgA deficiency, DiGeorge syndrome and Ataxia Telangiectasia.
Secondary or acquired immunodeficiency states can be due to diseases or conditions such as:
- Malnutrition or being underweight
- Auto-immune disorders
Medications or substances:
- Long-term corticosteroid use
- Tumour Necrosis Factor (TNF) used in auto-immune diseases like inflammatory bowel disease or rheumatoid arthritis. Chemotherapy or radiation.
- Pregnancy is a normal physiological state of lowered immunity.
- Ageing is also a natural process that causes lowered immunity.
What Are The Causes Of Anaemia
- Deficiency of nutrients like iron, folic acid, vitamin B 12, sickle cell anemia (a genetic blood disorder) or kidney disease can be amongst few causes of anemia.
- The type of food you eat also affects the absorption of iron and folic acid.
What Are The Causes Of Obesity
- The major reason that leads to over-weight or obesity is the imbalance between the calories consumed and the calories burnt. The intake of high energy foods and the sedentary lifestyles has led to the global widespread of obesity.
Worst Foods With XTIN DH 30 TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism patients should avoid the following foods:
- Soy: Patients who are suffering from hypothyroidism should moderate their soy consumption.
- Cruciferous Vegetables: Cruciferous vegetables (such as broccoli and cabbage) can interfere with the thyroid hormone production, especially people who are suffering from an iodine deficiency.
- Gluten: Hypothyroidism patients should minimise their Gluten (wheat, rye, barley, and other grains) intake.
- Fatty foods: Fats may reduce the body’s ability in order to absorb thyroid hormone. So, the consumption of mayonnaise, butter, margarine etc should be avoided in hypothyroidism.
- Sugary foods: a result of hypothyroidism, the metabolism rate can slow down. So, it’s best to reduce or completely eliminate the sugar from your diet.
- Processed foods: People suffering from hypothyroidism should avoid processed foods.
- Excess fibre: Fibre is essential for health, but too much fibre consumption can make your Hypothyroidism treatment more complicated.
- Coffee: Caffeine can
- Sugar and refined carbohydrates. High glycemic index carbohydrates and sugar wreak havoc on your body's immune system, by causing insulin spikes and blood sugar surges, increasing inflammation and lowering immunity.
- Processed foods especially high in colourants, preservatives and chemicals all increase inflammation and lower immunity.
- Foods high in saturated fatty acids.
- Excessive alcohol intake reduces white blood cells in the immune system after long term use.
What Are The Worst Foods For Anaemia
- Junk food.
- Coffee, tea, red wine as these inhibit the absorption of iron.
- White bread.
What Are The Worst Foods For Obesity
To manage overweight and obesity, following foods must be avoided:
- Sweetened beverages
- Refined grains
- Large amounts of fruit juice
- Red meat and the processed meat
- Highly processed foods
What Are The Worst Foods For Skin care
- Reduce sugar intake.
- Fast food, junk food.
- Cow’s milk (Sometimes cow’s milk is taken from pregnant cows. It has increased levels of hormones, which in turn can cause acne).
Do's With Usage of XTIN DH 30 TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Hypothyroidism
Maintain the following steps along with your medication:
- Increase the metabolic rate: Do mild to moderate exercises to enhance your metabolic rate and mood.
- Yoga Therapy: Yoga and meditation therapy help to increase tissue sensitivity associated with thyroid hormone.
- Monitoring: One should keep a track of thyroid level hence one should consider going for regular check-ups.
- Positive attitude: Always keep up a positive attitude; it will be helpful in your Hypothyroidism treatment.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Immunity building
- Exercise frequently. At least 30mintes per day of light to moderate exercise 3-5 times a week. Exercise increases immunoglobulin levels, as well as the efficiency of innate system's cells. Extreme amounts of exercise may, however, lead to a weakening of your immune system. Balance is key.
- Reduce stress levels. Learn relaxation techniques. Take frequent breaks. Go on holiday when possible, or take time off from work 3-4 monthly.
- Follow a diet providing optimal nutritional support.
- Assist your body in its functioning. Hydrate and help your body to detoxify. Drink at least 2 litres of clean, purified water per day.
- Optimise sleep quantity and quality. Adults need 6 to 8 hours of good quality sleep per night.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Anaemia
- Use iron utensils for cooking as food cooked in iron vessel automatically gathers iron from the vessel and makes food iron rich.
- To improve absorption of iron in your body, take it with foods rich in vitamin C (like oranges, lemon)
- Find out the exact reason of anemia as your food choice will depend upon the real cause of anemia. E.g., patients with anemia caused by celiac disease should avoid eating gluten rich foods (like wheat, oats. Etc.), which others should continue with gluten.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Obesity
To prevent or reduce obesity, do the following:
- Regular exercise
- Consume vegetable-based oils rather than animal-based oils.
- Take adequate sleep
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Skin care
- Drink lots of water.
- Whether you have acne or not, keep your face clean. Cleanse at least twice a day.
- Use natural cleansers to clean your face.
- Exercise and relax.
- Use only good quality skin care products.
- Find out the exact cause of your skin problem as skin problems can be caused due to hormonal changes, taking contraceptive pills, stress, smoking, over exposure to sun etc. Identify the root cause and make your treatment plan accordingly.
Dont's With Usage Of XTIN DH 30 TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Hypothyroidism
Try to avoid the following:
- Do not smoke: Try to avoid or quit smoking as the chemicals associated with smoking can harm the functionalities of the thyroid gland.
- Do not take stress: Stress is responsible for Cortisol hormone imbalance and that is one of the main reasons of hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia (Blood sugar imbalance). It can cause many symptoms of hypothyroidism. So, don’t take too much stress.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Immunity building
- Do not expose yourself to sudden changes in extreme temperature environments e.g. walking out into the cold after a full-on gym session.
- Do not smoke. Smoking causes generalised inflammation of body tissues and leads to weakened immunity and poor tissue healing.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Anaemia
- Avoid taking iron with calcium rich foods, coffee, tea as these hinder the absorption of iron in the body. Take these items at different times.
- Do yoga regularly as it increases the RBC count and also purifies the blood.
- Exercise regularly, as it causes hunger, which in turn improves your food intake.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Obesity
- Decrease the energy intake from total sugars and fats.
- Never skip breakfast as skipping breakfast makes you consume more calories during the day.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Skin care
- Use make-up sparingly.
- Avoid using fragrances, pomades, or gels on your hair. If they get on your face, they can block your skin's pores and irritate your skin.
- Avoid touching your skin part which has acne, rashes. It can spread the bacteria, and also irritate the already inflamed facial skin.
- Do not sleep with make-up on.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfXTIN DH 30 TABLET
Thyroid and Vitamin-D level should be checked on a regular basis. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is very important.
Nutritional and complementary substances that have shown to improve immune system functioning include:
What Are The Tips For Skin care
- Exfoliate your face with scrub made for face.
- De-germ your cell phone.